ImageImageImageImageImage

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (One team open for 2019-20 season)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1141 » by King of Canada » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:27 am

Capn'O wrote:Hey! Korkmaz is still in the NBA! Hot damn!

Yeah I know, it’s Furkan great for you!
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#1142 » by Context » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:09 am

"Chandler Parsons"- $6/3 years

Read on Twitter

I decided to take a deep look into Parsons only because too
many BAF GM's dislike him- it made me say to myself- $6 dollars- really?!-- has he fallen this far...
Well apparently the Grizz GM refused to let him play when he was medically cleared and ready in December...
He wanted chandler to spend an undisclosed time in the G-league:

Spoiler:
Parsons’ standoff with the front office
Before the two sides reconciled, it looked as if Parsons wasn’t going to be playing for the Grizzlies again this season — if at all.

Parsons was medically cleared to play on Dec. 21, but the Grizzlies did not want to play him.

“The most confusing part for me is I’m healthy,” Parsons told the Commercial Appeal last month. “I’m medically cleared by the people I work with every single day, that are experts at this kind of stuff, so it’s frustrating to watch a team struggle and I’m sitting there on the bench healthy, dying to play.”

Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace reportedly wanted him to play multiple games with their G League team before returning to their active roster. This disagreement was reportedly the final straw.

Parsons and the Grizzlies then finally agreed to part ways in January while his agents and the team’s front office could work out a trade for him — which many expected to go down this season.

No love lost
Yet the two sides finally worked it out and targeted Memphis’ first game back from the All-Star break for Parsons’ return.

Spoiler:
https://sports.yahoo.com/chandler-parsons-finally-returned-grizzlies-lineup-friday-loss-clippers-034401187.html

In a contract year- healthy:
“So excited,” Parsons said. “Just to have a fresh start with an organization like the Hawks is incredible to me. The young core that they have is really something special. I’ve seen if from afar. When you look at the depth they have and the age that these kids are, it’s impressive. Hopefully, we can keep these guys together for a long time. They have a chance. I’m excited to come and help anyway possible – lead these young guys, try to stay healthy and contribute any way I can this last year and we’ll see what happens.”

Spoiler:
https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/chandler-parsons-gets-fresh-start-with-hawks-after-three-years-frustration/rnd0c3qSMjvGQgCpwZZMgL/

He's 30, he's been working hard, wants a fresh start, he's in a contract year, all of the SF are rookies on that ATL squad-
chandler could get burn and if he has a decent year that $6/2 years will look pretty good...

Let me know if anyone is interested...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Post#1143 » by bishnykfan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:15 pm

TRANSACTION

The Orlando Magic have waived Khem Birch.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
bishnykfan

Post#1144 » by bishnykfan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:26 pm

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Detroit Pistons have agreed to trade Ben McLemore to the Washington Wizards in exchange for a 2021 2nd round draft pick (From Phoenix).
All-Time Draft

bishnykfan

Post#1145 » by bishnykfan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:32 pm

TRANSACTION

The Dallas Mavericks have agreed to a maximum contract extension with Rodions Kurucs.
All-Time Draft

bishnykfan

Post#1146 » by bishnykfan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:37 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

Our summer free agency session has come to a close after four weeks. From this point on any team with cap and roster space can sign any available free agent without delay. Just a reminder that all teams need to have a minimum of 13 players on their roster to begin the season. Any team that doesn't have the required minimum will have players signed at random by the league to fill out their roster before the regular season begins.

I have updated all of the moves that I had waiting in my inbox. Please check your teams and make sure that everything is correct. I am away until next Saturday and have limited wifi where I will be so any transactions sent in will more than likely be updated next weekend when I return.

It was a summer with a few impact free agents and a handful of blockbuster trades that saw superstars Paul George, James Harden, Draymond Green, LeBron James, Draymond Green again, Klay Thompson, Marc Gasol, Andre Drummond, Jimmy Butler, Chris Paul, Al Horford, John Wall, Kemba Walker, Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Devin Booker, Al Horford again, Kyrie Irving, and Gordon Hayward change teams. And now that the summer is coming to a close it is time to start getting ready for the 2019-20 season. First up, is our preseason power rankings. We will do it the same way we did last year. All teams will rank the other 29 teams in order 1-29. If you'd like to add a one or two sentence thought on each team that would be welcome as well. Only the teams that submit power rankings will be posted so if you don't submit a ranking, then you won't get to see where you rank. Last year we had 14 teams submit rankings. I'd like to get up to at least 20 teams this season. Like last year, all rankings and thoughts will be posted anonymously. I will take submissions from now until August 9th. Any questions, let me know.
All-Time Draft

Context
RealGM

Post#1147 » by Context » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Spoiler:
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#1148 » by BowlRips » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:19 pm

Context wrote:"Chandler Parsons"- $6/3 years

Read on Twitter

many BAF GM's dislike him- it made me say to myself- $6 dollars- really?!-- has he fallen this far...
Well apparently the Grizz GM refused to let him play when he was medically cleared and ready in December...

Spoiler:
Before the two sides reconciled, it looked as if Parsons wasn’t going to be playing for the Grizzlies again this season — if at all.

Parsons was medically cleared to play on Dec. 21, but the Grizzlies did not want to play him.

“The most confusing part for me is I’m healthy,” Parsons told the Commercial Appeal last month. “I’m medically cleared by the people I work with every single day, that are experts at this kind of stuff, so it’s frustrating to watch a team struggle and I’m sitting there on the bench healthy, dying to play.”

Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace reportedly wanted him to play multiple games with their G League team before returning to their active roster. This disagreement was reportedly the final straw.

Parsons and the Grizzlies then finally agreed to part ways in January while his agents and the team’s front office could work out a trade for him — which many expected to go down this season.

No love lost
Yet the two sides finally worked it out and targeted Memphis’ first game back from the All-Star break for Parsons’ return.

Spoiler:
https://sports.yahoo.com/chandler-parsons-finally-returned-grizzlies-lineup-friday-loss-clippers-034401187.html

“So excited,” Parsons said. “Just to have a fresh start with an organization like the Hawks is incredible to me. The young core that they have is really something special. I’ve seen if from afar. When you look at the depth they have and the age that these kids are, it’s impressive. Hopefully, we can keep these guys together for a long time. They have a chance. I’m excited to come and help anyway possible – lead these young guys, try to stay healthy and contribute any way I can this last year and we’ll see what happens.”

Spoiler:
https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/chandler-parsons-gets-fresh-start-with-hawks-after-three-years-frustration/rnd0c3qSMjvGQgCpwZZMgL/

He's 30, he's been working hard, wants a fresh start, he's in a contract year, all of the SF are rookies on that ATL squad-
chandler could get burn and if he has a decent year that $6/2 years will look pretty good...

Lol
But somehow you moved McLemore for a pick
Credit to you
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#1149 » by SOUL » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Still looking for a 3rd string/young PG that won't be getting any run on somebody elses team.
Context
RealGM

Post#1150 » by Context » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:32 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Context wrote:"Chandler Parsons"- $6/3 years

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

No love lost

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Lol
But somehow you moved McLemore for a pick
Credit to you

Houston signed him to a two year contract! When a top five team invests in you that says something...funny
because as soon as the news hit- I got a "robbery offer" and two offers for a 2nd...I would have kept him if
I wasn't rebuilding- I think its a good and cheap gamble...

There's what fans think of players and what people in the know think- and
ofcourse there's always MORE to any story...Chandler can still play...we'll see if he gets the opportunity in ATL...and I think
many GM's in BAF are too dramatic with the "I have 0 interest in a player" POV's- they miss opportunities because of it...anyway...
to each his own Bowl...
Spoiler:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,204

Post#1151 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:47 pm

Nene and Wayne Seldon can be had for cheap. Both one year deals for any team looking for 2nd or 3rd string depth.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1152 » by King of Canada » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:23 am

BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,554

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1153 » by Capn'O » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:52 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/255028/2019-Western-Conference-Offseason-Chatter-From-Summer-League

Opposing executive on the Thunder’s future: “It would be really nice to have that many picks, wouldn’t it? (laughs) I mean you can do almost anything with that. And they might have their next franchise guy in Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to build around. We made a call on him, because you call on everyone, and the Clippers told us no way. And this was early in free agency. So, obviously they were high on him. I think Oklahoma City will be ok. They’ll be bad for a year or two, but after that, they might be terrific again.”
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#1154 » by Smash3 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Time to get that FIBA gold
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Context
RealGM

Post#1155 » by Context » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:55 am

Spoiler:
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1156 » by King of Canada » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:49 pm

BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#1157 » by Brazilian Knick » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:35 pm

All-Star lock next season? 8-)

MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
C: | |
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#1158 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:57 pm

hell nah not a lock in the west, for guards you have in no particular order
locks
harden
westbrook
steph
lillard
possibly PG if he is considered a guard
lebron if he is playing Point guard

maybes
donovan mitchell
mccullum
devin booker
derozan
buddy
fox
conley
your guy murray
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#1159 » by Brazilian Knick » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:04 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:hell nah not a lock in the west, for guards you have in no particular order
locks
harden
westbrook
steph
lillard

maybes
donovan mitchell
mccullum
devin booker
derozan
buddy
fox
conley
your guy murray

True. Many All-Star level guards in the west. But if he takes another big leap next season, considering Denver continues to improve too, it will be difficult not to consider him seriously for the All-Star game.
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
C: | |
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1160 » by King of Canada » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:15 pm

Brazilian Knick wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:hell nah not a lock in the west, for guards you have in no particular order
locks
harden
westbrook
steph
lillard

maybes
donovan mitchell
mccullum
devin booker
derozan
buddy
fox
conley
your guy murray

True. Many All-Star level guards in the west. But if he takes another big leap next season, considering Denver continues to improve too, it will be difficult not to consider him seriously for the All-Star game.

Luka might get in there in year 2 as a guard too
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Return to New York Knicks