Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#461 » by killmongrel » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:38 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:One thing I find funny is that every site gives us a bad grade for the offseason and the Lakers get an A.

We got DLo and WCS with literally ZERO cap space, we resigned Looney on maybe the best deal of the offseason, we got Spellman for a worthless big, and to me Burks and Little Dog were solid pickups. Yeah yeah, we lost KD but that's on him and its time to move on from Dre and Shaun. Meanwhile, the Lakers traded their two best young players and all their draft picks for the next 5 or 6 years for a player they could have signed next offseason. And outside of that they overpaid for Danny Green and signed a bunch of garbage. Boogie was their only good signing imo, only because it's low risk high reward.

And somehow Sacramento and Milwaukee are getting B's on all these sites as well. To me, those were THEE two worst offseasons in the NBA (besides the Knicks of course). Middleton to me is an instant top 5 worst contract in the NBA and look how much the Kings spent on Joseph, Dedmon and Ariza.

This.

At the start of last year they had nearly all their draft picks going forward, Ball, Ingram, Hart, Zubac, plus two draft picks in Wagner and Bonga and a future. Now they ONLY have a present that includes Davis who is very good, Kuzma, 2nd round pick THT, and a 35 year old LeBron. But they learned the lesson of having a roster of 1 year players being a problem when trying to get people to play as a team right? Nope. The players locked up for next year are LeBron at 36, Danny Green at 33, Avery Bradley, and THT. That's it.

Next year they face re-signing AD and Kuzma and building a team around them again.
If all the other players leave, how much capspace do th Lakers have?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#462 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:39 pm

I've got Houston and Clippers in the Conference Finals next season.

I would have said the same prior to the Paul/ Westbrook deal was done too.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#463 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Clippers and the Dubs

If Westbrook hasn’t curbed his statpad baddie chuck by now I doubt he ever will

That dude is a few fries short of a happy meal
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#464 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:02 pm

killmongrel wrote:If all the other players leave, how much capspace do th Lakers have?

If everyone opts out and leaves and all the holds are renounced they have $47,141,250. From that they'd have to subtract $6.3M for minimum roster cap holds and they have their first round pick so they would have a cap hold for that.

Basically, once they sign AD to his max deal and he gets most of that $47M what's left is the MLE and a bunch of minimum contracts.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#465 » by killmongrel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:20 pm

[code][/code]
Scoots1994 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:If all the other players leave, how much capspace do th Lakers have?

If everyone opts out and leaves and all the holds are renounced they have $47,141,250. From that they'd have to subtract $6.3M for minimum roster cap holds and they have their first round pick so they would have a cap hold for that.

Basically, once they sign AD to his max deal and he gets most of that $47M what's left is the MLE and a bunch of minimum contracts.
What? Lakers are basically screwed after this season. Jesus Christ. That is not a roster to go forward with.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#466 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:19 pm

killmongrel wrote:What? Lakers are basically screwed after this season. Jesus Christ. That is not a roster to go forward with.

Hehe, yeah, that's kind of my point. They didn't get "their" 3rd star this offseason and now they are essentially stuck. 2021 they get rid of Danny Green and KCP (again), but if they re-sign Kuzma (their only young player they kept from the previous team) that uses up most of that cap space.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#467 » by killmongrel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:15 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:What? Lakers are basically screwed after this season. Jesus Christ. That is not a roster to go forward with.

Hehe, yeah, that's kind of my point. They didn't get "their" 3rd star this offseason and now they are essentially stuck. 2021 they get rid of Danny Green and KCP (again), but if they re-sign Kuzma (their only young player they kept from the previous team) that uses up most of that cap space.
Yeah, I was just amazed at how difficult their situation is going to be. So they're essentially not going to be able to go after another "star" next summer? If that's the case, I do not see how a 36 year old LeBron and AD carry this team. If they don't win a championship this upcoming season, I don't see any in the LBJ era since it doesn't get easier for them going forward. Yikes.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#468 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:23 pm

killmongrel wrote:Yeah, I was just amazed at how difficult their situation is going to be. So they're essentially not going to be able to go after another "star" next summer? If that's the case, I do not see how a 36 year old LeBron and AD carry this team. If they don't win a championship this upcoming season, I don't see any in the LBJ era since it doesn't get easier for them going forward. Yikes.

Lakers:
One unproven star in AD they HAVE to re-sign to a huge contract, and old LeBron, and a bunch of stuff with minimal draft picks.

Warriors:
3 all-nba, 1 all-star, and most (if not all) of their upcoming first round picks.

Frankly it's amazing the Warriors have pulled this off.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#469 » by azwfan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:Yeah, I was just amazed at how difficult their situation is going to be. So they're essentially not going to be able to go after another "star" next summer? If that's the case, I do not see how a 36 year old LeBron and AD carry this team. If they don't win a championship this upcoming season, I don't see any in the LBJ era since it doesn't get easier for them going forward. Yikes.

Lakers:
One unproven star in AD they HAVE to re-sign to a huge contract, and old LeBron, and a bunch of stuff with minimal draft picks.

Warriors:
3 all-nba, 1 all-star, and most (if not all) of their upcoming first round picks.

No wings tho bro.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#470 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:47 am

azwfan wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Lakers:

Warriors:

No wings tho bro.

All about the wingzzz!
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#471 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:52 pm

I love the the Hornets picked up the Martin twins. They can really play and their games are suited to the NBA.

They are run to watch and they helped bring Nevada to a level it hasn't ever been.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#472 » by sjballer03 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:02 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Lakers:

Warriors:

No wings tho bro.

All about the wingzzz!

Ain't no thing but a chicken wing! :lol:
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#473 » by Mylie10 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Cousins has injured his knee and is being evaluated to see how bad.

Cousins need to do what Time Duncan did late in his career....
He went on a total body transformation and leaned out completely. He got rid of his bulk in order to be able to take stress off of his legs. It helped him play a few more years.

We've seen it with Draymond. But with Cousins, who has serious muscle and body mass, a complete lean body makeover would possibly help him to regain some of his younger form.

He's got to find a way to reduce the stress on his lower body. Maybe this is a final straw type of injury for him to fully accept a new diet and weight loss program.
Khoee wrote “
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#474 » by BG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

it's supposed to be an ACL-tear, very unfortunate for DMC.
Warriors!!!
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#475 » by Samurai » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Feel really bad for Cousins. Just a shame what he has gone through.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,294

Post#476 » by NeoWarriors » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:23 pm

BG wrote:it's supposed to be an ACL-tear, very unfortunate for DMC.
Warriors already getting blamed for it on the general board. SMH

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#477 » by Money_ » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Sad for Boogie
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#478 » by wco81 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:14 pm

He's already earned $100 million.

Yeah he may not have the prime years that he was on path to have before his injuries.

But he'll be fine, he's getting paid millions to rehab and try to come back from injury.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#479 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 pm

If he's toast we should bring him on as a consultant or Santa Cruz coach. He liked being here and was good to have around the team.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#480 » by Coxy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Man poor Boogie. Sucks big time.

Dude would be wise to go on a full on health program for 12 months to get as skinny as he has ever been, bringing in a plant based diet, no carbs no sugar, yoga and rehab. Just needs that trunk, waist, hips, back to be as lean and strong as it can be going into next season. Also, NO BASKETBALL. Hope we can see him back at some point.

Return to Golden State Warriors