ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,869

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1341 » by Fotis St » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:23 am

I guess being a Real GM poster … made me comfortable to create a new E-Sports Team !!!

So I am the Owner and GM and in just a month I have scout and recruited some talented players.

My son is already a YouTuber gamer-streamer with 3400+ Subs ,

Fortnite is the main game of the team. But I will buy NBA 2K20 and stream it.

My son is already a die-hard Bucks fan since all he sees last 6 years about the NBA is Giannis and the Bucks.

Is someone here doing something similar ?
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1342 » by tydett » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:36 pm

Apparently RealGM Bucks is a Golden Deer haven, since that's who I chose too (independently of you guys). Agree that there's a lot more going on and I'm not sure how I feel. I love Persona, but I'm not sure I want the playstyle in every other game. Will still keep playing FE:TH though and wait for Act II to judge.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1343 » by jschligs » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:31 pm

Fotis St wrote:I guess being a Real GM poster … made me comfortable to create a new E-Sports Team !!!

So I am the Owner and GM and in just a month I have scout and recruited some talented players.

My son is already a YouTuber gamer-streamer with 3400+ Subs ,

Fortnite is the main game of the team. But I will buy NBA 2K20 and stream it.

My son is already a die-hard Bucks fan since all he sees last 6 years about the NBA is Giannis and the Bucks.

Is someone here doing something similar ?

Not sure if there is anything on this particular board, but I'm 100% in to do any NBA 2k20 online league as I'm obsessed with manager mode. Let me know and I'm in.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#1344 » by neiLz » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:00 pm

Me and my buddies from early counterstrike 1. 3 have gotten back together and are doing competitive cs and overwatch on the pc. I'm looking into overwatch competitive leagues but can't seem to find any outside of the blizzard league. Anyone know if a third party that runs league similar to how csgo runs them (esea, faceit)?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1345 » by humanrefutation » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:34 am

Fire Emblem looks interesting. I've never played one of those games before. Is is something that a beginner can hop into or is it hella complicated?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,954

Post#1346 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:42 am

humanrefutation wrote:Fire Emblem looks interesting. I've never played one of those games before. Is is something that a beginner can hop into or is it hella complicated?

I think it's a solid entry point because everyone is going to have the same WTF experience with the school. The combat is classic FE, and I don't think that's all that tough to figure out (take it slow, let the enemy come to you, play with the RT map function on), but the school stuff is totally new. I'm spending the majority of my time doing Persona stuff and honestly I don't love it.

I've said this before but FE: Awakening is worth buying a 3DS for. Fates is really good too. But you don't need to have played either to enjoy Three Houses.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1347 » by humanrefutation » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:49 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Fire Emblem looks interesting. I've never played one of those games before. Is is something that a beginner can hop into or is it hella complicated?

I think it's a solid entry point because everyone is going to have the same WTF experience with the school. The combat is classic FE, and I don't think that's all that tough to figure out (take it slow, let the enemy come to you, play with the RT map function on), but the school stuff is totally new. I'm spending the majority of my time doing Persona stuff and honestly I don't love it.

I've said this before but FE: Awakening is worth buying a 3DS for. Fates is really good too. But you don't need to have played either to enjoy Three Houses.

Nice, thanks. The videos make it look like a cross between an RPG and something like Civ. That took me aback as a ton of content.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#1348 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:37 pm

neiLz wrote:Me and my buddies from early counterstrike 1. 3 have gotten back together and are doing competitive cs and overwatch on the pc. I'm looking into overwatch competitive leagues but can't seem to find any outside of the blizzard league. Anyone know if a third party that runs league similar to how csgo runs them (esea, faceit)?

Can’t help you with your question, just wanted to say long a, short a, catwalk, bunny hop, quickscope, etc. Probably the best video game ever created. Starcraft 2 a close second.
Go Bucks!
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Post#1349 » by FrieAaron » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:57 pm

neiLz wrote:Me and my buddies from early counterstrike 1. 3 have gotten back together and are doing competitive cs and overwatch on the pc. I'm looking into overwatch competitive leagues but can't seem to find any outside of the blizzard league. Anyone know if a third party that runs league similar to how csgo runs them (esea, faceit)?

If you ask because you're looking to compete in Overwatch there is the Open Division that they run three times every year. Anybody can register to enter (no rank requirement) and the top 16 teams (bearing in mind there are usually 500+ that sign up) get placed into a tournament. The top four that finish in the tournament then get put into relegation games against the bottom four teams from the previous Contenders season, which is basically the G-league for Overwatch. I've never tried it but everyone that participates seems to love it, even the Gold teams who really only do it for fun.

Outside of that, there are smaller tournaments that pop up every now and then but nothing super stable or anything so you'd just have to check every month or so for anything new coming up. Now is a great time to start getting into OW. The role lock that's coming is going to be one of the best things to ever happen for the game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1350 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:09 pm

Only a few chapters in but I already know I'm gonna be destroyed when I play as a different house and I have to kill my large adult son Raphael. He's just the best in addition to being an absolute killing machine on the field.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1351 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:18 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Only a few chapters in but I already know I'm gonna be destroyed when I play as a different house and I have to kill my large adult son Raphael. He's just the best in addition to being an absolute killing machine on the field.

I ended up choosing Blue Lions for my first play through after talking with all the characters, because (outside of Raphael) I liked pretty much everyone better. And the leader (forgot his name) seems to have a dark side per some side comments, so I’m looking forward to discovering that. But Raphael is my #1 guy to recruit ASAP.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1352 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:22 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Only a few chapters in but I already know I'm gonna be destroyed when I play as a different house and I have to kill my large adult son Raphael. He's just the best in addition to being an absolute killing machine on the field.

I ended up choosing Blue Lions for my first play through after talking with all the characters, because (outside of Raphael) I liked pretty much everyone better. And the leader (forgot his name) seems to have a dark side per some side comments, so I’m looking forward to discovering that. But Raphael is my #1 guy to recruit ASAP.

Who do you especially like on the Blue Lions? I haven't really begun recruiting anyone specifically yet but I'm definitely gonna go after Ingrid. Pegusus Knights wreck ****.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1353 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:43 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Who do you especially like on the Blue Lions? I haven't really begun recruiting anyone specifically yet but I'm definitely gonna go after Ingrid. Pegusus Knights wreck ****.

I don’t know much about their fighting prowess yet as I’m in Chapter 2, but I like Ingrid, Ashe, and Felix quite a bit. They all just came off better to me for my preferences.

I do want the archer girl from the deer, too.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1354 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:50 am

I tried my best, and I have no idea if this works because I've never used Sheets before, but from what I can gather here are the Gifts and Lost items for the various characters.
tydett
General Manager

Post#1355 » by tydett » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:18 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I tried my best, and I have no idea if this works because I've never used Sheets before, but from what I can gather here are the Gifts and Lost items for the various characters.

Gotta change those sharing privileges to anyone with the link.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1356 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:07 am

tydett wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I tried my best, and I have no idea if this works because I've never used Sheets before, but from what I can gather here are the Gifts and Lost items for the various characters.

Thanks, never made one before. Does this work?
tydett
General Manager

Post#1357 » by tydett » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:10 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
tydett wrote:

Thanks, never made one before. Does this work?

It sure do, homes. It sure do. :thumbsup:
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1358 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:21 am

Played a ton of Overwatch on Xbox for the first ~4 months or so when it came out but then never really went back. Just bought it was PC, forgot how much fun it is.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1359 » by jschligs » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:10 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Played a ton of Overwatch on Xbox for the first ~4 months or so when it came out but then never really went back. Just bought it was PC, forgot how much fun it is.

If you're ever looking to play I do pretty much every night. Name is jschligs on Battle.net. I'm a Moira main but I can fill anything. One of my favorite games of all time.

Just started playing Doomfist in competitive, holy hell he is fun. All you do is cause mayhem. I can't wait to get some time behind Sigma too.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1360 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:12 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I ended up choosing Blue Lions for my first play through after talking with all the characters, because (outside of Raphael) I liked pretty much everyone better. And the leader (forgot his name) seems to have a dark side per some side comments, so I’m looking forward to discovering that. But Raphael is my #1 guy to recruit ASAP.

I initially went Black Eagles because I like Edelgard, but then restarted and went Blue Lions. I like their initial roster composition the most, just seems very well balanced group of personalities/characters.

That said, I don’t dislike any of them and foresee additional play throughs if I enjoy it enough.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks