ImageImageImage

OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming 

Post#721 » by wheezy » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:32 pm

Been out for a minute but Fleabag on amazon is amazing.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#722 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:07 pm

Mmmh...

Great thread.

Besides NBA, I'm a bit (or a lot) of a freak about Ancient History, Fantasy Literature/films/series, Zoology (Ethology, mostly), Old Metal...
When it comes to Anime, I'm a total otaku.

And when it comes to Anime OST... then I'm a dangerous and obssessive psycho.

One of the few OP I totally buy in these last two seasons: Yakusoku no Neverland
Touch off by UVERworld
Nothing new but the way they put that simple melody into a self-assured roller coaster of rhythm, dramatizing each and every of its elements shamelessly makes it sound fresh.

A bit like the anime itself.

-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#723 » by King4Day » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:48 pm

So funny

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#724 » by TASTIC » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:07 am

DarkHawk wrote:So funny

Read on Twitter

I see the irony of the Suns calling the Lakers crap, but I still applaud it :lol:
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#725 » by Mattya » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:34 am

I have only visited Scottsdale once, but I'm weighing staying in Minneapolis or moving down there. I like what I see between downtown Phoenix and Old Town Scottsdale. I'm in my late 20s and want to be close to entertainment, culture and good food. Should I be looking in different areas? It is difficult to tell off of the internet what places are really like and my one visit to Scottsdale I didn't spent much time looking at nightlife or anything.

Also how about Internet providers. I've only seen true fiber internet in a couple places. Are there any ISPs I should know about that offer good internet? It seems like Cox dominates down there much the way Xfinity dominates up here.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#726 » by SunsLyf3 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:46 am

Mattya wrote:I have only visited Scottsdale once, but I'm weighing staying in Minneapolis or moving down there. I like what I see between downtown Phoenix and Old Town Scottsdale. I'm in my late 20s and want to be close to entertainment, culture and good food. Should I be looking in different areas? It is difficult to tell off of the internet what places are really like and my one visit to Scottsdale I didn't spent much time looking at nightlife or anything.

Also how about Internet providers. I've only seen true fiber internet in a couple places. Are there any ISPs I should know about that offer good internet? It seems like Cox dominates down there much the way Xfinity dominates up here.

Ahwatukee is a good area if you can find a house for a good price. Easy access to the freeway, near 2 popular malls. Chandler/Tempe are more "affordable" IMO in comparison to Scottsdale and Downtown Phoenix as well. Tempe has a popping night life due to "Mill Ave" which is pretty much college town/Arizona State. Stay away from West Phoenix and a lot of S. Phoenix is all I'll say. The rest is just about money. As far as ISP cox is the way to go.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#727 » by Mattya » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:07 am

SunsLyf3 wrote:
Mattya wrote:I have only visited Scottsdale once, but I'm weighing staying in Minneapolis or moving down there. I like what I see between downtown Phoenix and Old Town Scottsdale. I'm in my late 20s and want to be close to entertainment, culture and good food. Should I be looking in different areas? It is difficult to tell off of the internet what places are really like and my one visit to Scottsdale I didn't spent much time looking at nightlife or anything.

Ahwatukee is a good area if you can find a house for a good price. Easy access to the freeway, near 2 popular malls. Chandler/Tempe are more "affordable" IMO in comparison to Scottsdale and Downtown Phoenix as well. Tempe has a popping night life due to "Mill Ave" which is pretty much college town/Arizona State. Stay away from West Phoenix and a lot of S. Phoenix is all I'll say. The rest is just about money. As far as ISP cox is the way to go.

Thanks! I'll have to check out Ahwatukee as well.

Is the Salt River/Tempe Town Lake pretty popular? Tempe looks pretty nice as well.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#728 » by SunsLyf3 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:15 am

Mattya wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:

Thanks! I'll have to check out Ahwatukee as well.

Is the Salt River/Tempe Town Lake pretty popular? Tempe looks pretty nice as well.

Salt River is dried up lol. Tempe town lake is the perfect spot to find something to do. As I stated Tempe is home to ASU so you can find all types of things to do. Indie films from grad students, bar hopping, art gallerias, college hoops/football, Phoenix Rising game(across the lake/ASU), Tempe Marketplace. Scottsdale is right down the street too so the whole East Valley is very well connected.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#729 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:21 am

I lived there when I was your age, and I lived for awhile near the Biltmore (around 20th St and Campbell which is between Camelback and Indian School)...that was a pretty nice area between downtown and Old Town Scottsdale.

But a couple of years later I wanted to move to old town Scottsdale so I could enjoy the nightlife by walking...there are or were a ton of restaurants and bars around there....I was on Drinkwater a little north of Indian School at the time...actually was neighbors with a Suns asst coach.

The place was wild at the time.

Anyway, I moved away for a job (Minnesota actually....but was only there a year) and then ended up moving to other cities for positions since then....but as I went back there was more and more bars opening up in North Scottsdale.

However, from what I know, I think your best bet at your age would be to move near Old Town Scottsdale. Not sure if you are buying a house or renting but if renting I'd look at a place just east of Scottsdale Road and just north of Indian School Road.

Tempe would be for more of a younger crowd than you and North Scottsdale a little older crowd...and probably more expensive

You are near a ton of nightlife and restaurants, Scottsdale Fashion Square, close freeway access, also pretty close to like Camelback Mountain which is a popular hiking spot....a good hour workout.

I don't think you can really go wrong with that area.

I am pretty sure it's all Cox for internet.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#730 » by Kerrsed » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:11 am

I grew up in Sunnyslope (You definitely dont want to be there). Scottsdale is nice and has a great nitelife, you will meet celebs and pro athletes on the regular if you are into the bar/club scene, but be warned it is very expensive out there and you will deal with very snobby people and the police are headcases.

Tempe is a great place to go. Very youthful, lots of things to do and see, and some really beautiful, wild and loose women!

The Westgate are has been coming strong as of late(The past 5 years) as the new "It" place to hang out and party. Housing around that area is very reasonable.

I live out in Surprise and love it. Just far enough out of the greater-metro area to avoid crime and drama, but close enough that i can make it to Westgate in 30-45 minutes. I prefer the West Side of the valley, much newer homes and still available for a decent price (There were lots of houses being built out here in the Surprise/El Mirage/Avondale area when the Housing market crashed, so there is some great deals to still be had).

As for internet, Cox is the only name you need to know. There are other options like Spectrum or Century Link, but they are all s**t compared to Cox. Cox has the fastest and most reliable internet out here and their customer service is LIGHTYEARS above the rest. One thing i tell my friends who move out here to do when it comes to these services is to do this: Get Cox for internet and TV. The TV is a 2 year contract. You get the first year very cheap (At almost half the price). You also get a bit of a discount having it bundled with your internet. The 2nd year the price skyrockets to the normal high price. After your 2 years are up, switch to DirecTV. Same thing goes with them, first year is cheap and at half the price of the normal service, 2nd year you will be paying more. After the 2 years is up with them, switch back to Cox. That way every other year you are getting TV service for dirt cheap.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,638

Post#731 » by Qwigglez » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:27 am

I just came back from Phoenix yesterday to visit some family. Stay away from the West side, it’s ghetto and just not a pleasant side of town. I’m contemplating moving back there and was considering moving to the West side since it’s dirt cheap for houses. I decided against it now and would much rather pay a premium for a house in Chandler/Tempe area since I’ll likely be working over there plus it’s so much nicer.
I’ll figure out tomorrow when I go to work if I can take vacation in a couple of weeks to visit Phoenix again for a poker tournament. It’s really hot though so make sure your car is reliable with cold AC.

Right now my timeline to move is probably in 2021 and then become a season ticket holder for the Suns.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#732 » by Kerrsed » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:30 am

Qwigglez wrote:I just came back from Phoenix yesterday to visit some family. Stay away from the West side, it’s ghetto and just not a pleasant side of town. I’m contemplating moving back there and was considering moving to the West side since it’s dirt cheap for houses. I decided against it now and would much rather pay a premium for a house in Chandler/Tempe area since I’ll likely be working over there plus it’s so much nicer.
I’ll figure out tomorrow when I go to work if I can take vacation in a couple of weeks to visit Phoenix again for a poker tournament. It’s really hot though so make sure your car is reliable with cold AC.

Right now my timeline to move is probably in 2021 and then become a season ticket holder for the Suns.

Im sorry but i most certainly do not live in the ghetto! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you are talking about West Phoenix (Maryvale) and NOT the West Valley. There is a HUGE difference.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,638

Post#733 » by Qwigglez » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:44 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:I just came back from Phoenix yesterday to visit some family. Stay away from the West side, it’s ghetto and just not a pleasant side of town. I’m contemplating moving back there and was considering moving to the West side since it’s dirt cheap for houses. I decided against it now and would much rather pay a premium for a house in Chandler/Tempe area since I’ll likely be working over there plus it’s so much nicer.

Im sorry but i most certainly do not live in the ghetto! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you are talking about West Phoenix (Maryvale) and NOT the West Valley. There is a HUGE difference.

Haha. It’s the Maryvale area. I haven’t lived in Phoenix in a while so I’m not sure the right areas anymore. I went to a vape shop on like 51st Ave and baseline and dude was telling me how someone just robbed the Home Depot, someone else robbed a small dry cleaner spot, and then how someone tried paying using fake bills. Definitely not a very nice area.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,053

Post#734 » by SlovenianDragon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:10 am

oh and btw the boys on amazon is the best thing ive watched in a looooooong time. its like a dark comedy spinoff of super heroes.... I hate super hero stuff but this was A-MAZIN.

If u want to watch it then don't watch this trailer....if ur like wtf is this show then heres a trailer

BUT I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT WATCHING THE TRAILER AND JUST DIVING INTO THE SHOW.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#735 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:38 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:oh and btw the boys on amazon is the best thing ive watched in a looooooong time. its like a dark comedy spinoff of super heroes.... I hate super hero stuff but this was A-MAZIN.

If u want to watch it then don't watch this trailer....if ur like wtf is this show then heres a trailer

BUT I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT WATCHING THE TRAILER AND JUST DIVING INTO THE SHOW.

If I have time tonight I'll go in blind and report back

Your reputation on RealGM hangs on this recommendation!
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#736 » by wheezy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:20 am

The Boys was definitely that good. Not super long either - only 8 eps.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,053

Post#737 » by SlovenianDragon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:44 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:oh and btw the boys on amazon is the best thing ive watched in a looooooong time. its like a dark comedy spinoff of super heroes.... I hate super hero stuff but this was A-MAZIN.

sooooooooooooooo? :crowded: waiting for the report is killing me
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#738 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:20 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

I watched it over the last few days too. It was good. It will probably end up being Amazon's biggest hit to date. Interesting that in an interview the director said he asked the comic book creator what inspired it and he mentioned LA Confidential which is one of my favorite movies.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#739 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:20 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

It's 4:20pm Sydney time so I'm still at work lol
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#740 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:46 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Not a big fan of superhero/scifi TV series (only ever watched the Marvel Punisher on Netflix)

But OK, it was a pretty impressive first episode. Had all the blood and and violence (and crudeness) I was after in a TV series

Well done

Return to Phoenix Suns