ImageImageImage

Marcus Smart on The Jump

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Marcus Smart on The Jump 

Post#1 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Quality kinda sucks but he talks Kyrie (he defends Kyrie again), team USA, last year, this year, weird Celtics twitter, etc

Can't embed it but if you want better quality, here's a link: https://streamable.com/aypec

Also discusses the time he shoved a fan who shouted a racial slur at him in college, shoving Embiid, etc
TheTruth316
Senior
And1: 273

Re: Marcus Smart on The Jump 

Post#2 » by TheTruth316 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:51 pm

Get the bozo out of Boston now! The coach may have issues but you are no leader. Leaders take blame, not spread it. Leaders don't defend their friends. This guy is a cancer that needs to be cut out now. Danny ship him out please! We need unity, we need example. Cut the cancer out now. Those remarks are not leadership. Start over. Thanks for showing everyone who you really are Marcus huckkathreeeeeee
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#3 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:54 pm

TheTruth316 wrote:Get the bozo out of Boston now! The coach may have issues but you are no leader. Leaders take blame, not spread it. Leaders don't defend their friends. This guy is a cancer that needs to be cut out now. Danny ship him out please! We need unity, we need example. Cut the cancer out now. Those remarks are not leadership. Start over. Thanks for showing everyone who you really are Marcus huckkathreeeeeee

This is an extremely poor post. Smart will be here for a long time, enjoy it.

Also...continually calling a player a cancer, when his mom recently died of cancer, is garbage. Be better.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#4 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:11 pm

The Comedian wrote:
TheTruth316 wrote:Get the bozo out of Boston now! The coach may have issues but you are no leader. Leaders take blame, not spread it. Leaders don't defend their friends. This guy is a cancer that needs to be cut out now. Danny ship him out please! We need unity, we need example. Cut the cancer out now. Those remarks are not leadership. Start over. Thanks for showing everyone who you really are Marcus huckkathreeeeeee

This is an extremely poor post. Smart will be here for a loong time, enjoy it.

Continually calling a player a cancer, when his mom recently died of cancer, is garbage. Be better.

i kind of feel this could be a green font post though. I mean, nobody could really mean that, could they?
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#5 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

This is an extremely poor post. Smart will be here for a loong time, enjoy it.

Continually calling a player a cancer, when his mom recently died of cancer, is garbage. Be better.

i kind of feel this could be a green font post though. I mean, nobody could really mean that, could they?

That poster seems to have something personal against Smart, implied that Edwards should get more minutes than him in another thread the other day.

Calls RW3 lazy over and over despite all the evidence being to the contrary as well. That above post is just par the course.
TheTruth316
Senior
And1: 273

Post#6 » by TheTruth316 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Hey I am a man with a opinion. I don't understand why that threatens you. I am very passionate about what I believe. How anyone can not see that Smart is not a huge potential problem I don't understand. Perhaps the same people who were saying Kyrie was staying in Boston when all that he said and did showed otherwise. If smart is this way on tv, can you imagine what he is in private. Yes Williams looks like he doesn't care. Tacko fall is much bigger and in better shape. To me the most important thing about a athlete is their heart. When you show up late, aren't in shape, you should be lauded for your highlights on espn? If you as the oldest celtic aren't taking personal blame, criticizing the coach and defending your trashy friends behaviour that's a issue! It's selfishness and a cancer! Come on smart, you should be more mature than that.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#7 » by FakeScreenName123 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:55 pm

TheTruth316 wrote: I am very passionate about what I believe.

believe other things then. try correct things.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#8 » by FakeScreenName123 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:56 pm

would be ironic if the guy posting was the guy marcus smart shoved at OSU
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#9 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:02 pm

TheTruth316 wrote:Hey I am a man with a opinion. I don't understand why that threatens you. I am very passionate about what I believe. How anyone can not see that Smart is not a huge potential problem I don't understand. Perhaps the same people who were saying Kyrie was staying in Boston when all that he said and did showed otherwise. If smart is this way on tv, can you imagine what he is in private. Yes Williams looks like he doesn't care. Tacko fall is much bigger and in better shape. To me the most important thing about a athlete is their heart. When you show up late, aren't in shape, you should be lauded for your highlights on espn? If you as the oldest celtic aren't taking personal blame, criticizing the coach and defending your trashy friends behaviour that's a issue! It's selfishness and a cancer! Come on smart, you should be more mature than that.

The whole team praises Smarts leadership, Horford always called him the heart of the team, which you said that the most important quality in an athlete is their heart. Perhaps you should take a look at yourself and realize you can't put your anti Smart bias aside. There's a reason your opinion is in the EXTREME minority, to put it nicely. Smart came off extremely mature in that whole interview, it's almost as if you are unable to be rational about him.

And stop calling him a cancer, it's horrible taste. Last warning. You're wrong about Williams as well, everyone goes out of their way to point out that he works his ass ofd
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,857

Post#10 » by 24istheLAW » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:08 pm

Good to see Smart not taking the bait to blame any one person. Insisting that the whole team has to share responsibility for everything that happens on the court.

I think the most interesting part was where he said that the players liked each other and wanted to win, they just were doing what they know how to do and it wasn't working. So if there's anyone getting thrown under the bus by the interview, it's Danny IMO. For assembling a team with too many chiefs and too few indians.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:27 pm

yes the cancer is the guy taking accountability and removing the excuse it was the guy who isnt here anymore.

lets not blame young players with swollen egos who wouldnt accept their roles and alienated veterans.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#12 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:

yes the cancer is the guy taking accountability and removing the excuse it was the guy who isnt here anymore.

lets not blame young players with swollen egos who wouldnt accept their roles and alienated veterans.

You need to stop, it's the same post over and over. I worry for you, let the obsession go. Get some fresh air, this is unhealthy.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#13 » by StojkoVrankovic » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:35 pm

Insider coming through with the hot takes
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#14 » by 3D Chess » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:35 pm

This thread is a gift that keeps on giving.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,120

Post#15 » by Plutonashfan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:36 pm

TheTruth316 wrote:Hey I am a man with a opinion. I don't understand why that threatens you. I am very passionate about what I believe. How anyone can not see that Smart is not a huge potential problem I don't understand. Perhaps the same people who were saying Kyrie was staying in Boston when all that he said and did showed otherwise. If smart is this way on tv, can you imagine what he is in private. Yes Williams looks like he doesn't care. Tacko fall is much bigger and in better shape. To me the most important thing about a athlete is their heart. When you show up late, aren't in shape, you should be lauded for your highlights on espn? If you as the oldest celtic aren't taking personal blame, criticizing the coach and defending your trashy friends behaviour that's a issue! It's selfishness and a cancer! Come on smart, you should be more mature than that.

It's because your opinion sucks and in very poor taste.
The Champ is HERE!!!
Sibelius
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#16 » by Sibelius » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 pm

24istheLAW wrote:Good to see Smart not taking the bait to blame any one person. Insisting that the whole team has to share responsibility for everything that happens on the court.

I think the most interesting part was where he said that the players liked each other and wanted to win, they just were doing what they know how to do and it wasn't working. So if there's anyone getting thrown under the bus by the interview, it's Danny IMO. For assembling a team with too many chiefs and too few indians.

They should really be doing what the coach wants them to do. CBS was completely powerless last season, a doormat, it will be interesting to see if he regains the respect of the locker room.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,981

Post#17 » by Bad-Thoma » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#18 » by Ernest » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Smart is not a cancer.

source: I'm a freelance butt cancer doctor. So I know a thing or to about crap and Truth316 is full of it.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#19 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:56 pm

I agree and disagree. I agree on the part that Smart might've said I could've done stuff better, help the team, I'm the longest tenured Celtic. But I don't agree with trading him. I think Smart is being political and not throwing Irving under the bus, which is nice. I kinda like it. We all saw what Irving did after talking about the " little things, young guys, etc..". We all saw what he did in the playoffs. So we know. We know the guy is mentally weak, actually seemed to have pretty low b-ball IQ as well. I didn't understand him shooting that much and jogging around on defense.

Anywho, I'm pretty fine with what Smart said overall.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#20 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:00 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You need to stop, it's the same post over and over. I worry for you, let the obsession go. Get some fresh air, this is unhealthy.

Legit, funny part is this is all his opinion. There have been 0 reports our young guys have egos and ****. If they had if I was Brown I'd slap the **** out of Irving mid-season. And they did let him shoot the ball around 22 times a game in the playoffs. So we know who has ego considering the staggering ~ .400 from the field and ~.200 from 3. Not to mention the defense and the 30 more points per 100 we gave up with Irving on the court(in the playoffs I think it was 96 to 126 with him on the court).

It's one of the funniest posts I've seen around and he's made sure he's posted it everywhere. Can't wait till reality settles in next year when they are a borderline playoff team and Irving starts throwing temper tantrums during media scrums.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if Porkorov is a troll who just does this for fun. It's hard to imagine this is all serious.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to Boston Celtics