Welcome Trey Burke

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

DaSixers
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Re: Welcome Trey Burke 

Post#81 » by DaSixers » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Just watched the 42/12 performance against the Hornets. Obviously the ability is there, he really looks like a slower Iverson in my opinion. Not as long as Iverson was either. Now I say slower Iverson only because I have yet to ever see a quicker player. So that's not to say that Burke can't break some ankles and dust some defenders. We can all agree he'll have to be used correctly for this to work. Burke plays a style of losing basketball, but what other choice did he have during his time with the Knicks? This is his second stop on a contending team, lets hope he finds a scorers role and buys in to winning a few rings. He's definitely going to be useful.

I believe Burke has a 6'5.5 wingspan. Iverson's is listed at 6'3.

there is no way iverson had a 6'3 wingspan, he had some of the longest arms on a player his size I've seen, thats what made him so good around the basket and with that cross over
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#82 » by Aussiepiston1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:19 pm

I really hope He makes the Team and Conbritues, Iverson was the reason I became a fan 23 years ago and Burke has always reminded me of Him.
Rooting for ya Burke.......
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#83 » by Da ThRONe » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:02 pm

DaSixers wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Just watched the 42/12 performance against the Hornets. Obviously the ability is there, he really looks like a slower Iverson in my opinion. Not as long as Iverson was either. Now I say slower Iverson only because I have yet to ever see a quicker player. So that's not to say that Burke can't break some ankles and dust some defenders. We can all agree he'll have to be used correctly for this to work. Burke plays a style of losing basketball, but what other choice did he have during his time with the Knicks? This is his second stop on a contending team, lets hope he finds a scorers role and buys in to winning a few rings. He's definitely going to be useful.

I believe Burke has a 6'5.5 wingspan. Iverson's is listed at 6'3.

there is no way iverson had a 6'3 wingspan, he had some of the longest arms on a player his size I've seen, thats what made him so good around the basket and with that cross over

Well Iverson is really 5'11 so a 6'3.5 or 6'4 is probably about right.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#84 » by phillynative » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:08 pm

That always surprised me as well always thought his wingspan was massive compared to his height like 6'7 than to see 6'3 I'm like but how.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#85 » by phillynative » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:12 pm

With trey burke you can kind of see he has long arms plus he is sturdy those things mixed with his quick handles helps him get to his spots. If it wasnt for those attributes he wouldn't have made it because he is not explosive , he has solid speed but not enough to give him a edge.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#86 » by mithrandir17 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:43 pm

phillynative wrote:That always surprised me as well always thought his wingspan was massive compared to his height like 6'7 than to see 6'3 I'm like but how.

If a 5'11 player has a 6'7 wingspan, he would already look like a gorilla. He could probably touch his knees without bending.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#87 » by phillynative » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:02 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:
phillynative wrote:That always surprised me as well always thought his wingspan was massive compared to his height like 6'7 than to see 6'3 I'm like but how.

If a 5'11 player has a 6'7 wingspan, he would already look like a gorilla. He could probably touch his knees without bending.

Lol does eric bledsoe look like a gorilla?
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#88 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:16 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:

Donovan Mitchell is 6'1" without shoes (sounds like we're talking about height without shoes if we're calling Iverson 5'11") and he has a 6'10" wingspan.
DaSixers
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Post#89 » by DaSixers » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:46 pm

iversons wingspan is longer than 6'3.. I legit will not believe otherwise unless someone shows me a picture proving it.

there is literally not a chance in hell its only 6'3.. that would make all that he did all the even more incredible
Ad7
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#90 » by Ad7 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 am

Just watched his highlights in utah jazz uniform which he wore jersey no. 3..
Overall look identical to AI.. amazing..
I think the jersey number has some magic impact though..
What jersey no. he got now?
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#91 » by ivysixer2000 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:45 pm

Ad7 wrote:Just watched his highlights in utah jazz uniform which he wore jersey no. 3..

Don't know what number he will get but #3 is retired here, so he won't be getting that.

Comparing him to Iverson really doesn't make sense anyway, Iverson was just in another universe from Burke. But it will be cool to see it, as the crowd will probably go nuts when Burke comes in the game....which could either help him do well here or hurt him, guess we will see.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#92 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
Ad7 wrote:Just watched his highlights in utah jazz uniform which he wore jersey no. 3..

Don't know what number he will get but #3 is retired here, so he won't be getting that.

Comparing him to Iverson really doesn't make sense anyway, Iverson was just in another universe from Burke. But it will be cool to see it, as the crowd will probably go nuts when Burke comes in the game....which could either help him do well here or hurt him, guess we will see.

Guessing he’ll be 23 which he wore in NY, and I don’t think anyone has claimed since Jimmy bounced.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#93 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Can we all agree that if he doesn't play like Iverson, he was a monumental failure of a signing?
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#94 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Can we all agree that if he doesn't play like Iverson, he was a monumental failure of a signing?
He needs to deliver 30ppg. Not 29.9.... 30ppg. Nothing less.

He better lead the league in steals too or its EB's head.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#95 » by ivysixer2000 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:01 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Can we all agree that if he doesn't play like Iverson, he was a monumental failure of a signing?

I'm also looking for him to crossover Kawhi.

We could be booing Burke by Christmas, he better step it up.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,431

Post#96 » by FlyingArrow » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:21 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:

I'm also looking for him to crossover Kawhi.

We could be booing Burke by Christmas, he better step it up.

I was glad to hear of the signing but he hasn't been impressive since then.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#97 » by freshie2 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:54 pm

I'll be happier if he looks nothing like Iverson...prefer Pistons Isaiah Thomas
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,035

Post#98 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:39 am

He's an excellent PG off the bench, one of the better "sneaky" pickups of the offseason that national media won't notice the impact of until 30 games in. I think he'll make a killing with Embiid & Horford, especially with dribble hand offs from Joel and his ability to create in the halfcourt. Between him and Neto I think he will easily win the spot of first guard off the bench and could realistically average 12-14ppg next season, there's enough defenders in the Sixers 2nd unit that he can be the go-to bench scorer & playmaker which he should thrive as.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#99 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:32 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He's an excellent PG off the bench, one of the better "sneaky" pickups of the offseason that national media won't notice the impact of until 30 games in. I think he'll make a killing with Embiid & Horford, especially with dribble hand offs from Joel and his ability to create in the halfcourt. Between him and Neto I think he will easily win the spot of first guard off the bench and could realistically average 12-14ppg next season, there's enough defenders in the Sixers 2nd unit that he can be the go-to bench scorer & playmaker which he should thrive as.
Agreed. This is a fly under the radar type of acquisition and I could easily see him cracking the regular rotation. Capable of putting up big numbers and could develop into a nice x-factor role. Great opportunity for him to earn some $ next year.

ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#100 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:48 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He's an excellent PG off the bench, one of the better "sneaky" pickups of the offseason that national media won't notice the impact of until 30 games in. I think he'll make a killing with Embiid & Horford, especially with dribble hand offs from Joel and his ability to create in the halfcourt. Between him and Neto I think he will easily win the spot of first guard off the bench and could realistically average 12-14ppg next season, there's enough defenders in the Sixers 2nd unit that he can be the go-to bench scorer & playmaker which he should thrive as.
Agreed. This is a fly under the radar type of acquisition and I could easily see him cracking the regular rotation. Capable of putting up big numbers and could develop into a nice x-factor role. Great opportunity for him to earn some $ next year.

Yeah I could really see him earning some money as our leading scorer off the bench, which he is totally capable of doing cause its not like we have anyone that can even average double figures off the bench as of right now other than him.

I'm looking for 12ppg, should be interesting cause it took a while for Lou to take off....we can all pray Trey can follow a similar path. Either way, we need someone to score off the bench and right now the rookies and Trey are our best hopes.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers