Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Agness/Shams: Pacers Sign Naz Mitrou-Long to 2 Way deal 

Post#1 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Just putting this out in it's own thread so everyone sees. Camp now full at 20 roster spots.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/m/mitrona01d.html
Kind of a distributing 2 guard with a 3 pt shot that's not as efficient as you'd like, so far. He did shoot 38% from 3 in his 5 year college career and is a real solid FT shooter, so hope is that his 3 pt shot regresses back? Certainly seems like we'll be much weaker on big men, especially in case of an injury, than guards.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Re: Agness/Shams: Pacers Sign Naz Mitrou-Long to 2 Way deal 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 am

I assume he'll be waived at the end of the exhibition season and then signed by the Ants.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:53 am

Wizop wrote:I assume he'll be waived at the end of the exhibition season and then signed by the Ants.

Sent from my phone.

He doesn't have to be. In fact, if he's waived, he's a free agent with no chance at any guaranteed money from signing with the Mad Ants, or anyone in the G-League. He's on a 2 way like Bowen. He's already a Mad Ant, and is only eligible to spend up to 45 days with the Pacers while the Mad Ants season starts. Last year, it was about a week of NBA play before GLeague camp opened, and then once the GLeague season for your team ends, the player is free to stay with the Pacers, but ineligible to play in the playoffs.

Exhibit 10 players have to be waived and then sign with the Ants for 60 days to receive the bonus, or guaranteed, money in their exhibit 10 contract. This would apply to Gant, Wilcox, and Brimah, this year.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#4 » by Wizop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:41 pm

Wizop wrote:I assume he'll be waived at the end of the exhibition season and then signed by the Ants.

Scoot's right. I was wrong. the Tweet I quoted didn't say it was a 2-way deal. it didn't say what it was and I assumed it was an Exhibit 10 but it is a 2-way.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.

Return to Indiana Pacers