Re: Minutes Rotation 

Post#81 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:55 pm

This is my guesstimate:

Conley (30)/ Exum (18)/NGW
DM (30)/ Royce (24)/ Mudiay
Bojan (25)/Ingles (25)/Oni
Green (25)/ Niang (15)/?
Gobert (30)/ Davis (18)/ Bradley

I think that the starting 5 I show above will be the regular starters. Ingles will be the 6th man, IMO and might play somewhat of a point forward role if Exum can't be the primary ball handler and/or initiate the offense.

It will be interesting to see whether Niang or Ingles comes in for Green.

I think that there will be 5-10 mins (I calculated 8 above) that a combination of Bojan, Ingles and/or Royce play with Conley, DM and Gobert.

The rest of the guys get spot minutes due to blowouts and injuries.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#82 » by KqWIN » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:59 pm

The thing with putting together these rotations is that we all want Mitchell/Gobert/Conley to play 30-32 minutes, but it's likely that Quin will plan on playing them 36 minutes a night. Over a season they'll end up average less...but I think you go into every game planning on playing your starters up to 36.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#83 » by JazzUte88 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:38 am

Here it goes...

Rotation:

Conley (30) | Mudiay (18) | Exum (0) | NGW (0) | JWF (0)
DM (32) | O'Neale (16) | Exum (0) | Oni (0)
Bojan (20) | Ingles (28) | O'Neale (0)
Green (24) | Bojan (12) | Niang (12) | Brantley (0)
Gobert (30) | Davis (18) | Bradley (0)

Total Minutes:

Mitchell - 32
Bojan - 32
Gobert - 30
Conley - 30
Ingles - 28
Green - 24
Davis - 18
Mudiay - 18
O'Neale - 16
Niang - 12
Exum - Probably will get minutes, so probably an 11 man rotation.

Exum has to work his way back into the rotation I feel or at least maybe that's what I think. The end of the roster will get 0 minutes until injuries happen.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#84 » by KqWIN » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Here is a more aggressive rotation. This is not what I expect them to average for a season, but the minute totals are closer to what you'd expect in a normal competitive game.

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#85 » by tleikheen » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:44 am

Starting 5

C) Gobert (27) MVP of the Jazz and in his prime (34 mpg)
PF/SF) Ingles (31) supreme sniper and glue man (30 mpg)
SF/PF) Bogdanovic (30) interchangeable w/Ingles should create mismatch problems (32 mpg)
SG) Mitchell (22) seeks efficiency this year with great additions to team to help (34 mpg)
PG) Conley (31) under rated but will be a game changer for Utah w/his experience and talent (32 mpg)

Next 3
C) Davis (30) should get all the backup minutes behind Gobert (14 mpg)
PF) Green (32) journeyman at this stage of career but serviceable (16 mpg)
SF/PF) O'Neale (26) Snyder favorite ,hustles but limited (18 mpg)
SG/PG) Mudiay (23) opportunity and winning org. (16 mpg)
PG/SG/SF) Exum (24) Finally healthy ,finally pays off on Jazz expectations (26 mpg)
rmdlwajazz
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#86 » by rmdlwajazz » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:31 pm

Conley (32) Exum (10) Mudiay (6)
Mitchell (32) Exum (10) Mudiay (6)
Ingles (28) Bogdanovic (11) Oneale (9)
Bogdanovic (15) Oneale (13) Niang (10) Green (10)
Gobert (32) Davis (16)

Totals:

Conley (32)
Exum (20)
Mudiay (12)
Mitchell (32)
Ingles (28)
Bogdanovic (26)
O'neale (22)
Niang (10)
Green (10)
Gobert (32)
Davis (16)
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#87 » by KqWIN » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:56 pm

I have a lot more faith in Niang as a rotation player than Mudiay.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#88 » by dr0welf » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:27 am

KqWIN wrote:I have a lot more faith in Niang as a rotation player than Mudiay.

I like Niang, but I think Mudiay came to play and learn. If he truely is looking to learn and improve I see him growing leaps and bounds throughout this year that people will see him as a future PG for a starting team.

He has great size, but he just needs to learn how to be successful and how to use his advantages. Could look at signing on as a longer term PG for us after this year??
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#89 » by KqWIN » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:20 am

dr0welf wrote:

I like Niang, but I think Mudiay came to play and learn. If he truely is looking to learn and improve I see him growing leaps and bounds throughout this year that people will see him as a future PG for a starting team.

He has great size, but he just needs to learn how to be successful and how to use his advantages. Could look at signing on as a longer term PG for us after this year??

I think he came in with the right mindset, but I don't think he's a better player than Niang and we don't really need Mudiay's skillset. I actually think we could have used him a lot last year when we were dying for scoring...but we don't need that as much this year. Putting the ball in his hands will take it away from better ball handlers and creates a Rubio situation where he's bad without the ball, and not as good as the other guys with the ball. Maybe if Conley or Mitchell sits he becomes more useful, but I think we're solid in the shot creation area.

I'm going to go with what I know with Niang as a deadeye shooter. Goss has just as good of a chance to crack the rotation IMO. His numbers translations are strong and he seems to have a skillset that's more valuable.

Who knows, maybe Mudiay is the next Shelvin Mack and Quin can't keep him off the court.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#90 » by dr0welf » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:48 am

KqWIN wrote:
dr0welf wrote:

I think he came in with the right mindset, but I don't think he's a better player than Niang and we don't really need Mudiay's skillset. I actually think we could have used him a lot last year when we were dying for scoring...but we don't need that as much this year. Putting the ball in his hands will take it away from better ball handlers and creates a Rubio situation where he's bad without the ball, and not as good as the other guys with the ball. Maybe if Conley or Mitchell sits he becomes more useful, but I think we're solid in the shot creation area.

I'm going to go with what I know with Niang as a deadeye shooter. Goss has just as good of a chance to crack the rotation IMO. His numbers translations are strong and he seems to have a skillset that's more valuable.

Who knows, maybe Mudiay is the next Shelvin Mack and Quin can't keep him off the court.

I forgot about Goss already... dang. But I still respect a guy that takes a shot at becoming better then going to a mediocre team and being who he is. I like work ethic and drive and hope those guys succeed. Mudiay has not had either up to this point imho, but he is still young and I'm hoping he has realized that he wants more and is willing to work for it. And to do so you work under a coaching staff that will help you analyze everything about your game and show you how and why to better yourself. Also, work under a craftman of the game in Conley. Mudiay is better then Shelven Mack could ever dream of being imho, but time will tell this year as he learns and grows with the team. We will see how this discussion goes next offseason when he is a FA. If we want him back or if letting him walk is okay. Or maybe he opens up trade bate at the trade deadline if we find we don't need his skills and another team would give him more burn. Time will tell.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#91 » by KqWIN » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:35 pm

We'll see. One thing that's been clear about Quin's tenure is that he doesn't successfully change players' mentalities. If someone has the wrong attitude, we don't see them evolve and mature mentally. Instead, they are traded and laughed at on their way out. See Kanter, Lyles, Burke, and Hood. It is what it is.

Looks like Mudiay has the right mentality, but he just might not be any good, and that's my concern with him. He's not better than Niang and might not be better than Goss either.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#92 » by dr0welf » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:39 am

KqWIN wrote:We'll see. One thing that's been clear about Quin's tenure is that he doesn't successfully change players' mentalities. If someone has the wrong attitude, we don't see them evolve and mature mentally. Instead, they are traded and laughed at on their way out. See Kanter, Lyles, Burke, and Hood. It is what it is.

Looks like Mudiay has the right mentality, but he just might not be any good, and that's my concern with him. He's not better than Niang and might not be better than Goss either.

You're right, but I think Mudiay didn't have the right mentality coming into the league. I think sometime last season he had one of those Ah-ha moments. Realizing he will need to improve if he wants to stay in the league long term. Now enters Quin and group.

Might just be perfect timing
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#93 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:00 am

dr0welf wrote:
KqWIN wrote:We'll see. One thing that's been clear about Quin's tenure is that he doesn't successfully change players' mentalities. If someone has the wrong attitude, we don't see them evolve and mature mentally. Instead, they are traded and laughed at on their way out. See Kanter, Lyles, Burke, and Hood. It is what it is.

You're right, but I think Mudiay didn't have the right mentality coming into the league. I think sometime last season he had one of those Ah-ha moments. Realizing he will need to improve if he wants to stay in the league long term. Now enters Quin and group.

Might just be perfect timing

Even if he has the right mentality, not sure he has enough game. We still have this image of Mudiay being the top prospect out of HS...but he's really doesn't have that many attributes. He has size...but he's not an athlete, not skilled, and not a smart player either.

Return to Utah Jazz