ImageImageImage

CRAZY trades on TnT board

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

CRAZY trades on TnT board 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:29 am

Gotta say I'm seeing some absolutely crazy Nuggets trades on the TnT board, some by our own posters. Surprisingly, most other teams posters believe they are NOT favoring the Nuggets best interests, guess we can't be known as homers (moreso just bad trade masters).

I feel we should at least post those trades to discuss here so at least we can have a good laugh first... :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: CRAZY trades on TnT board 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:43 am

and I thought we had enough really crazy trades on our board :nod: :lol:
skywalker33

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:49 am

NuggetsWY wrote:and I thought we had enough really crazy trades on our board :nod: :lol:

So you had to spread your wings ??? ....I just thought you wanting Wiggins on this team was a bad bottle of Captain Jack :lol:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:38 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:and I thought we had enough really crazy trades on our board :nod: :lol:

So you had to spread your wings ??? ....I just thought you wanting Wiggins on this team was a bad bottle of Captain Jack :lol:

Nah, I just like Covington so much I'd take that crappy contract for a selfish, relatively useless player. An overpay to get Covington for sure, but we can afford that. Consider the long-term roster.

Jokic
Covington-Porter-Grant
Harris-Beasley-Murray

That's one massive roster that is pretty flexible and all around the same age.
Covington fits in nicely. He's does not require being a top option on offense but fits in well. He can play defense against almost anyone and has a fantastic attitude. Which is basically what all seven of those players are about. It would be difficult to keep all of them cap-wise, but it's a possibility and could result in a long-term team that can compete for multiple championships.

Oh yeah, lest I forget, I'd love to keep Morris as well and don't forget the potential of Bol - and the question marks surrounding Porter.

Then again, like most crazy trades, it has little chance of happening and I'm okay with that. I like the roster of:

Jokic
Porter-Grant-Vanderbilt
Harris-Beasley-Murray
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Well, don't forget about that DEAD WEIGHT ANCHOR to protect us from every potential free agent signing, including Beasley and Grant

skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:46 pm

Saw a TOR mod saying he thought an Anunoby for Porter and Beasley was fair....WTF ??? OK, OG has the size as a strong wing defender but he's only shooting .45% from the field and .33% from the 3pt line, where does he get this kinda value ??? Yes, I agree he was playing behind Kahwi this year but that doesn't speak volumes of value to me. He scored 7ppg/3reb, Porter, who showed willingness as a defender, will do that in his sleep if he's healthy. Add in another young potential 18-20ppg scorer in Beasley (who isn't a terrible defender himself) and that's a stretch IMO.

Someone tell me I'm just not being a homer here ....

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:06 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Saw a TOR mod saying he thought an Anunoby for Porter and Beasley was fair....WTF ??? OK, OG has the size as a strong wing defender but he's only shooting .45% from the field and .33% from the 3pt line, where does he get this kinda value ??? Yes, I agree he was playing behind Kahwi this year but that doesn't speak volumes of value to me. He scored 7ppg/3reb, Porter, who showed willingness as a defender, will do that in his sleep if he's healthy. Add in another young potential 18-20ppg scorer in Beasley (who isn't a terrible defender himself) and that's a stretch IMO.

You're being the same homer he is. Many downgrade Porter's value because of his back --- but then they want him. Go figure; that doesn't make sense. Many downgrade Beasley because he hasn't shown much (because he's stuck behind Harris & Murray) --- but then they want him. Go figure; that doesn't make sense.

Meanwhile they justify the great value of their player that didn't get minutes because he was playing behind a great player. Go figure; that doesn't make sense.

But isn't that what "FANS" do? Overvalue their players and devalue other teams' players?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#8 » by The Rebel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:36 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Saw a TOR mod saying he thought an Anunoby for Porter and Beasley was fair....WTF ??? OK, OG has the size as a strong wing defender but he's only shooting .45% from the field and .33% from the 3pt line, where does he get this kinda value ??? Yes, I agree he was playing behind Kahwi this year but that doesn't speak volumes of value to me. He scored 7ppg/3reb, Porter, who showed willingness as a defender, will do that in his sleep if he's healthy. Add in another young potential 18-20ppg scorer in Beasley (who isn't a terrible defender himself) and that's a stretch IMO.

You're being the same homer he is. Many downgrade Porter's value because of his back --- but then they want him. Go figure; that doesn't make sense. Many downgrade Beasley because he hasn't shown much (because he's stuck behind Harris & Murray) --- but then they want him. Go figure; that doesn't make sense.

Meanwhile they justify the great value of their player that didn't get minutes because he was playing behind a great player. Go figure; that doesn't make sense.

But isn't that what "FANS" do? Overvalue their players and devalue other teams' players?

I agree that the Toronto and Sky are both overrating OG and MPJ, but I think all 3 of you are underrating the value of Beasley.

Scorers, especially athletic scorers that shoot over 40% from 3 have a ton of value around the NBA. He put up 17.6 PPG on 59.9% shooting per 36 minutes and 16 PPG on 70% TS% as a starter in 18 games his 1st year getting real minutes. That indicates the scoring will go up with a bigger role or his shooting will be better on a team with better players to surround him. That TS% puts Beasley 2nd for the best shooter for guards that are 23 or younger in the league currently, he is 7th for winshares last year for guards 23 or younger with Morris and Murray ahead of him. I don’t think you guys realize how good our young guards are, because Jokic is amazing, the playoff mess of a bench, and we have so many very good young guards. Beasley has to improve on defense, but Beasley is a guy who should be a 20 ppg scorer in a couple of years. Hell even in his “horrible” playoffs he was still shooting 40% from 3 and scoring at a league average TS%. There is a huge lack of quality SGs and Beasley is already one of them with the chance to be an allstar type of player.

Anunoby is a good player, but I think the Raptors fans hope he will develop into Covington with a better offensive game. Right now I wonder if he will ever be as good as Jerami Grant was last year. Anunoby has missed games getting nicked up the last 2 years and was out for the playoffs as well, I am still not sure you can depend on his long term health. With where this team is at now I would not trade Grant for ANunoby straight up, even with the contract situation for next season. Meaning ANunoby has no role on this team, even further limiting his value to me.

Beasley is 7 months older than OG Anunoby, I think Beasley is a considerably better and more valuable player right now in this league, and I do not see Anunoby having more upside either.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:48 am

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

I agree that the Toronto and Sky are both overrating OG and MPJ, but I think all 3 of you are underrating the value of Beasley.

Scorers, especially athletic scorers that shoot over 40% from 3 have a ton of value around the NBA. He put up 17.6 PPG on 59.9% shooting per 36 minutes and 16 PPG on 70% TS% as a starter in 18 games his 1st year getting real minutes. That indicates the scoring will go up with a bigger role or his shooting will be better on a team with better players to surround him. That TS% puts Beasley 2nd for the best shooter for guards that are 23 or younger in the league currently, he is 7th for winshares last year for guards 23 or younger with Morris and Murray ahead of him. I don’t think you guys realize how good our young guards are, because Jokic is amazing, the playoff mess of a bench, and we have so many very good young guards. Beasley has to improve on defense, but Beasley is a guy who should be a 20 ppg scorer in a couple of years. Hell even in his “horrible” playoffs he was still shooting 40% from 3 and scoring at a league average TS%. There is a huge lack of quality SGs and Beasley is already one of them with the chance to be an allstar type of player.

Anunoby is a good player, but I think the Raptors fans hope he will develop into Covington with a better offensive game. Right now I wonder if he will ever be as good as Jerami Grant was last year. Anunoby has missed games getting nicked up the last 2 years and was out for the playoffs as well, I am still not sure you can depend on his long term health. With where this team is at now I would not trade Grant for ANunoby straight up, even with the contract situation for next season. Meaning ANunoby has no role on this team, even further limiting his value to me.

Beasley is 7 months older than OG Anunoby, I think Beasley is a considerably better and more valuable player right now in this league, and I do not see Anunoby having more upside either.

I do not believe I undervalue Beasley. I'd rank him as our third most valuable guard and put him behind only Jokic, Murray, Harris right now with Porter potentially becoming more valuable. I do not want to trade him and an even trade for Anunoby doesn't seem fair. I'd only include him in a deal that included Anunoby + at least a 1st or a young prospect with serious potential (i.e., more than Toronto would want to give). I did not even include Beasley in my pitch for Covington. Sky also seems to value him above Anunoby. His statement about Anunoby's shooting points out the value of Beasley. Your assessment of Beasley is right on!!!

I also wouldn't trade Grant for Anunoby straight up. Anunoby hasn't lived up to what I perceived his potential to be. Perhaps a change of location would help him; but unless we trade at least Barton and maybe Craig or Hernangomez, he's not going to get harldly any minutes in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#10 » by The Rebel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:58 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:You're being the same homer he is. Many downgrade Porter's value because of his back --- but then they want him. Go figure; that doesn't make sense. Many downgrade Beasley because he hasn't shown much (because he's stuck behind Harris & Murray) --- but then they want him. Go figure; that doesn't make sense.

I do not believe I undervalue Beasley. I'd rank him as our third most valuable guard and put him behind only Jokic, Murray, Harris right now with Porter potentially becoming more valuable. I do not want to trade him and an even trade for Anunoby doesn't seem fair. I'd only include him in a deal that included Anunoby + at least a 1st or a young prospect with serious potential (i.e., more than Toronto would want to give). I did not even include Beasley in my pitch for Covington. Sky also seems to value him above Anunoby. His statement about Anunoby's shooting points out the value of Beasley. Your assessment of Beasley is right on!!!

I also wouldn't trade Grant for Anunoby straight up. Anunoby hasn't lived up to what I perceived his potential to be. Perhaps a change of location would help him; but unless we trade at least Barton and maybe Craig or Hernangomez, he's not going to get harldly any minutes in Denver.

I would agree with you on ANunoby, but disagree with you on Beasley.

I see Beasley as our 2nd most valuable guard. I love Harris and his defense, but his injury history and his contract make him less valuable. Especially with the way he struggled on offense when he came back last year. I think Beasley ends up the better player in 3 years with Harris really having a ceiling of what he did in Oct and November of last year.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 am

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I agree that the Toronto and Sky are both overrating OG and MPJ, but I think all 3 of you are underrating the value of Beasley.

I see Beasley as our 2nd most valuable guard. I love Harris and his defense, but his injury history and his contract make him less valuable. Especially with the way he struggled on offense when he came back last year. I think Beasley ends up the better player in 3 years with Harris really having a ceiling of what he did in Oct and November of last year.

:bowdown: Yeah, you're probably right - but I keep hoping. I love Harris' game next to Jokic & Murray. I think it fits better, but I love Beasley's game even more and Harris has only played an average of a little over 60 games per year (last three years), so ... Yeah, you're probably right. :bowdown:
skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:11 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote: Add in another young potential 18-20ppg scorer in Beasley (who isn't a terrible defender himself)

Can't see how me calling him a "not terrible defender that can score 18-20ppg" is underrating Beasley

skywalker33

Post#13 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:22 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I do not believe I undervalue Beasley. I'd rank him as our third most valuable guard and put him behind only Jokic, Murray, Harris right now with Porter potentially becoming more valuable. I do not want to trade him and an even trade for Anunoby doesn't seem fair. I'd only include him in a deal that included Anunoby + at least a 1st or a young prospect with serious potential (i.e., more than Toronto would want to give). I did not even include Beasley in my pitch for Covington. Sky also seems to value him above Anunoby. His statement about Anunoby's shooting points out the value of Beasley. Your assessment of Beasley is right on!!!

:bowdown: Yeah, you're probably right - but I keep hoping. I love Harris' game next to Jokic & Murray. I think it fits better, but I love Beasley's game even more and Harris has only played an average of a little over 60 games per year (last three years), so ... Yeah, you're probably right. :bowdown:

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing what Beasley could do in the starters role with Harris coming off the bench (until he can remain injury-free), it may prolong Harris' career and provide stability/leadership off the bench. Ginobili was pretty successful at it and it proved to be invaluable to that team. He and Grant could also build chemistry for the future while Beasley can continue to develop and build confidence

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#14 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:54 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Well, don't forget about that DEAD WEIGHT ANCHOR to protect us from every potential free agent signing, including Beasley and Grant

The Gary Harris/Barton deals?
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:55 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I would agree with you on ANunoby, but disagree with you on Beasley.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing what Beasley could do in the starters role with Harris coming off the bench (until he can remain injury-free), it may prolong Harris' career and provide stability/leadership off the bench. Ginobili was pretty successful at it and it proved to be invaluable to that team. He and Grant could also build chemistry for the future while Beasley can continue to develop and build confidence

That’s exactly the problem. That might be his best fit. But you want to bring him off the bench at 20 million and Barton and pay Beasley to start.

Right now Gary Harris is replaceable to an extent. And he has enough value to move himself, Barton, and still get positive value. Next year he doesn’t have this much value
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Coeur » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:02 am

Covington is not a guy the Nugs give assets for. Already have some great role players and you have guys who could be more. You don’t take in Covington as huge value.

These Covington trades should be the base of the Aaron Gordon or Kevin love trades.

Bogdan Bogdanovic is who all Nugs trades should be about how that everyone realizes Wiggins

People will start understanding that the Nugs have to make trades or give value up and give up the ability to develop the young guys
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Coeur » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:09 am

Crazy is sell your own guys low to buy high on someone else.

Nugs are selling low by using any of these guys in a trade: Beasley, mpj, Vanderbilt, juancho, Torrey Craig

Nugs selling high with any of these guys in a trade: Millsap, Gary Harris, Barton,future firsts

Harris, Beasley, Barton, hernangomez, Craig = not realistic to pay more than 3? of these guys by next season. Damn I really think the ones I’d want will be Torrey Craig and Beasley. Those will prob be the 2 that walk if Harris and Barton stay. They’ll be the ones in most demand and to satisfy the you guys maybe we pay a little too much to keep juancho?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:35 am

Coeur wrote:
Skywalker33 wrote:Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing what Beasley could do in the starters role with Harris coming off the bench (until he can remain injury-free), it may prolong Harris' career and provide stability/leadership off the bench. Ginobili was pretty successful at it and it proved to be invaluable to that team. He and Grant could also build chemistry for the future while Beasley can continue to develop and build confidence

That’s exactly the problem. That might be his best fit. But you want to bring him off the bench at 20 million and Barton and pay Beasley to start.

If we need to figure out all the players we have and how to best use them - yes, we might need to do that.
Coeur wrote:Covington is not a guy the Nugs give assets for. Already have some great role players and you have guys who could be more. You don’t take in Covington as huge value.

These Covington trades should be the base of the Aaron Gordon or Kevin love trades.

Bogdan Bogdanovic is who all Nugs trades should be about how that everyone realizes Wiggins

Well, I'd rather have Covington than Gordon and I'm not interested in Love at all. If we wanted Love, why would we re-sign Millsap and trade for Grant? I love Bogdan Bogdanovic but he's a small forward where we already have Barton, Porter, Craig, Hernnagomez and even trading a couple of those guys (assume Bogdanovic can be acquired), minutes are going to be hard for everyone to come by (unless we trade Barton & Porter).
Coeur wrote:People will start understanding that the Nugs have to make trades or give value up and give up the ability to develop the young guys

The Nuggets do not "have to make trades or give value up" although I agree with your comment about "ability to develop the young guys". Malone has proven developing young players is not something he likes to do - in games. So they'll probably sit on the bench no matter what.

As for making trades; I ask why is it necessary? We have a lot of young talent. We may not be able to keep all of them but I believe we should keep all of them until we figure out which have the most value - which we want to keep long term. If we lose a couple (or three), that will be better than trading away a guy that just might become an all-star.

Solid keepers for long term
Jokic - Murray

Looking good for the long-term
Grant - Harris - Beasley

Gambling on them
Bol - Porter - Vanderbilt

Nice to have & keep
Morris - Craig

We're only gambling on three players and if just one turns out to be great, we need to know which one.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Coeur » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:37 am

Bogdan Bogdanovic is a 6th man, a SG or a PG on the kings.

Bojan Bogdanovic the SF went to the Jazz
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Coeur » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:39 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Coeur wrote:
Skywalker33 wrote:Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing what Beasley could do in the starters role with Harris coming off the bench (until he can remain injury-free), it may prolong Harris' career and provide stability/leadership off the bench. Ginobili was pretty successful at it and it proved to be invaluable to that team. He and Grant could also build chemistry for the future while Beasley can continue to develop and build confidence

If we need to figure out all the players we have and how to best use them - yes, we might need to do that.
Coeur wrote:Covington is not a guy the Nugs give assets for. Already have some great role players and you have guys who could be more. You don’t take in Covington as huge value.

Well, I'd rather have Covington than Gordon and I'm not interested in Love at all. If we wanted Love, why would we re-sign Millsap and trade for Grant? I love Bogdan Bogdanovic but he's a small forward where we already have Barton, Porter, Craig, Hernnagomez and even trading a couple of those guys (assume Bogdanovic can be acquired), minutes are going to be hard for everyone to come by (unless we trade Barton & Porter).
Coeur wrote:People will start understanding that the Nugs have to make trades or give value up and give up the ability to develop the young guys

The Nuggets do not "have to make trades or give value up" although I agree with your comment about "ability to develop the young guys". Malone has proven developing young players is not something he likes to do - in games. So they'll probably sit on the bench no matter what.

As for making trades; I ask why is it necessary? We have a lot of young talent. We may not be able to keep all of them but I believe we should keep all of them until we figure out which have the most value - which we want to keep long term. If we lose a couple (or three), that will be better than trading away a guy that just might become an all-star.

Solid keepers for long term
Jokic - Murray

Looking good for the long-term
Grant - Harris - Beasley

Gambling on them
Bol - Porter - Vanderbilt

Nice to have & keep
Morris - Craig

We're only gambling on three players and if just one turns out to be great, we need to know which one.

I love at the bottom where you group them. You just leave out Barton and millsap and Plumlee. 60 million dollars of players. Are you saying just be content eating Barton and expiring millsap and plumlee and then paying for Bigs next season?

The gambling on them part is right. No trade value for them now but if they play a ton of value may be created. Nugs just don’t have the time to let any of them play to see.

Return to Denver Nuggets