ImageImageImage

Marcus Smart on The Jump

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Re: Marcus Smart on The Jump 

Post#41 » by Triple7 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheTruth316 wrote:Get the bozo out of Boston now! The coach may have issues but you are no leader. Leaders take blame, not spread it. Leaders don't defend their friends. This guy is a cancer that needs to be cut out now. Danny ship him out please! We need unity, we need example. Cut the cancer out now. Those remarks are not leadership. Start over. Thanks for showing everyone who you really are Marcus huckkathreeeeeee

yes the cancer is the guy taking accountability and removing the excuse it was the guy who isnt here anymore.

lets not blame young players with swollen egos who wouldnt accept their roles and alienated veterans.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#42 » by Triple7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:03 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Legit, funny part is this is all his opinion. There have been 0 reports our young guys have egos and ****. If they had if I was Brown I'd slap the **** out of Irving mid-season. And they did let him shoot the ball around 22 times a game in the playoffs. So we know who has ego considering the staggering ~ .400 from the field and ~.200 from 3. Not to mention the defense and the 30 more points per 100 we gave up with Irving on the court(in the playoffs I think it was 96 to 126 with him on the court).

It's one of the funniest posts I've seen around and he's made sure he's posted it everywhere. Can't wait till reality settles in next year when they are a borderline playoff team and Irving starts throwing temper tantrums during media scrums.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if Porkorov is a troll who just does this for fun. It's hard to imagine this is all serious.

its all going to come out over the course of the year. when brown is dealt. he will be crapped on just like kyrie is now

I don't think we are living in the same reality, you and I. When you're writing **** like that I can't take you seriously. Brown is 6'7, 6'8, 235 pounds, his dad is an ex boxer. Irving threw him under the bus 3-4 times during the regular season, if Brown had such ego he would've slapped Irving and Irving would've done nothing about it, hell I would if I was Brown. Then Kyrie did the big talk, the playoffs came and Brown was better than HIM. Yes BETTER than Irving in last year's playoffs. I told you, we will talk after reality settles in, in 4-5 months for you guys.

I dunno why I'm even replying to you, tbh. You don't make any sense, you don't use any logic, you're pushing the same agenda, you aren't even using facts and facts are ALL pointing towards Irving being a douche. From the HORRID, LAZY ass defense to one of the worst playoff performances from a C's star I've seen since I've been a Celtics fan(it's actually the worst, 40% and 20%, Brown used Kyrie's hands to shoot the ball), the media meltdowns, ignoring reporters who are kissing his ass. Ignoring Danny and Wyc before FA(both implied they had no contact with Irving), to the fake ass "I'll come back if you want me or if you'll have me?"...

Just please get a grip, if I were a mod(no offense to our mods), I wouldn't let you post here, you bring nothing to most conversations, nothing constructive. Everything has a negativity towards the C's attached to it. I'm 100% convinced if prime Jordan was on the C's right now you'd say he's awful, not to mention saying your team has more young talent than ours( :lol: :lol: :lol: ). I dunno what happened to you, if some player slept with your wife, or mom or sister, girlfriend? But this is literally ridiculous. You're lucky our mods are very liberal. I also have no idea why and I want an answer why would you post on the forum of the team you dislike the most? It's obvious the team you hate the most is the C's, you're obsessed, why post here?

Exactly! Why lurk and post here? smh
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#43 » by OldCeltics » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:48 am

Smart was in Irving's group of friends. He's now a Kyrie apologist.

FYI If you weren't in the circle, you be f***ed.

But he is the heart of Celtics. An our best defender, so he gets a pass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#44 » by iliyanvs » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:00 am

Smart is so full of sh*t right know. Defending Kyrie, which is basically what he is doing by saying these words, is the most toxic thing he could have done at this point. It became clear that Mr. Irving decided he is going to leave halfway through the season, and I believe his attitude is one of the main reasons, if not the main one, for C's lack of chemistry last season.
Smart is trying to be some kind of a bad Kyrie bootleg, I don't really know if he will be productive for the Celts, because that kind of an attitude is detrimental for the team. Like, what the bloody f*ck is he even thinking right know, I honestly hope this guy isn't accepted as the main locker room leader, because we ain't going anywhere with him.
I read somewhere Smart saying he won't be that passive on the field anymore, I hope Zeus and all the other mighty gods save us from Smart thinking he is Kobe, WTF.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using RealGM mobile app
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#45 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:03 am

I don't really take Smart's comments as defending Kyrie. Saying there's more than 1 guy at fault doesn't mean that guy is blameless.

Anyone who thinks Kyrie was the only problem on the team last year is clueless.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#46 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:34 am

More than one guy WAS at fault:

1. Kyrie, duh
2. Brad, forcing the issue with Hayward
3. Hayward himself, lacking confidence
4. Tito, thinking he should be getting 15 shots a night
5. Mook, thinking he needed to lead the team in scoring
6. Tatum returning from Camp Kobe and jacking up a million midrange jumpers

And that's just the totally obvious things from the outside. I am sure there's 50 other things we never even heard about.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,145

Post#47 » by DarkAzcura » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:05 pm

He’s basically repeating what Stevens and Ainge have said word for word.

This isn’t a big deal.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#48 » by BigRedDog » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:More than one guy WAS at fault:

1. Kyrie, duh

And that's just the totally obvious things from the outside. I am sure there's 50 other things we never even heard about.

Agree with all of this. I actually think Smart's comments are very mature. He's not blaming any one particular thing and he's coming out and admitting this is a team that had some chemistry issues and guys who didn't fill their roles.

There was a lot of pressure on them because they played so well the year prior and the additions of Kyrie/Hayward were supposed to put them over the top. But Hayward simply didn't bounce back well from injury and Irving has been dramatically overrated his entire career. On top of that you had Rozier/Brown regress badly (both of whomm i expect to bounce back), Tatum develop some terrible habits during the offseason by working out with a guy like Kobe whose style of play is ineffective in this era, and you played Marcus Morris 2,091 minutes which is almost 35 hours. That's the equivalent of taking a road trip from North Carolina to Arizona with a kid who won't stop farting on the back of the bus. I mean at first it's funny but believe me by the time you get to Tennessee somebody's gonna wanna throw that kid off the bus.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#49 » by sam_I_am » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:31 pm

1. Kyrie, duh

What nobody is really admitting is that when the playoffs started, we got crushed by a more talented team with the best player. We didn’t “underachieve” against Bucks. Team got its ass kicked by a much better squad.

All the drama that happened all season didn’t help....but by the time playoffs happened it didn’t really matter. Kyrie’s no show after game 1 and Tatum/Rozier failing to play at the level of a year ago were huge problems. Ultimately, it was the inability to keep pace with Bucks high scoring that doomed the team.

If the team had been functional and cohesive....they could have won 58-60 games. And then lost to Bucks 4-2.
1. Bucks, Sixers and Toronto massively upgraded rosters. We thought we did....but didn’t.
2. Bucks added Lopez and Hill. Bledsoe had a full year to integrate. They got a legit good coach and played a great style of basketball.
3. Kyrie didn’t make us better. His ability as a closer never mattered against Bucks.
4. Hayward didn’t make us better.
5. Baynes was injured most of season. Theis wasn’t fully recovered from knee.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#50 » by Dannyboy36 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:08 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
This is an extremely poor post. Smart will be here for a loong time, enjoy it.

Continually calling a player a cancer, when his mom recently died of cancer, is garbage. Be better.

i kind of feel this could be a green font post though. I mean, nobody could really mean that, could they?

That poster seems to have something personal against Smart, implied that Edwards should get more minutes than him in another thread the other day.

Calls RW3 lazy over and over despite all the evidence being to the contrary as well. That above post is just par the course.

I loved last year’s smart. I don’t care for what Smart has been saying lately. I have a lot of concern he’s going to be a problem. I also think RW3 looks like he coasts half the time in summer league. Not exactly personal. I certainly don’t love it.
Gomes3PC
General Manager

Post#51 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:19 pm

sam_I_am wrote:

1. Kyrie, duh

What nobody is really admitting is that when the playoffs started, we got crushed by a more talented team with the best player. We didn’t “underachieve” against Bucks. Team got its ass kicked by a much better squad.

All the drama that happened all season didn’t help....but by the time playoffs happened it didn’t really matter. Kyrie’s no show after game 1 and Tatum/Rozier failing to play at the level of a year ago were huge problems. Ultimately, it was the inability to keep pace with Bucks high scoring that doomed the team.

If the team had been functional and cohesive....they could have won 58-60 games. And then lost to Bucks 4-2.
1. Bucks, Sixers and Toronto massively upgraded rosters. We thought we did....but didn’t.
2. Bucks added Lopez and Hill. Bledsoe had a full year to integrate. They got a legit good coach and played a great style of basketball.
3. Kyrie didn’t make us better. His ability as a closer never mattered against Bucks.

We beat more or less the same Bucks team the year before with less talent. The Bucks were a better team than us this year not because of pure talent but because they had a far clearer identity and cohesive team than we did. That's what it came down to as much as anything. Our identity was a mess because our culture was a mess and we had way too many guys who wanted to be The Man than balls on the court. Kyrie, Tito, Mook, Tatum all had issues with this. Even Jaylen moped around for a bunch of the season, though I think his wrist was a bigger contributor to his struggles than his attitude.
Gomes3PC
General Manager

Post#52 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Dannyboy36 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:i kind of feel this could be a green font post though. I mean, nobody could really mean that, could they?

That poster seems to have something personal against Smart, implied that Edwards should get more minutes than him in another thread the other day.

Calls RW3 lazy over and over despite all the evidence being to the contrary as well. That above post is just par the course.

I loved last year’s smart. I don’t care for what Smart has been saying lately. I have a lot of concern he’s going to be a problem. I also think RW3 looks like he coasts half the time in summer league. Not exactly personal. I certainly don’t love it.

I think part of it is his running style. He has a long, smooth, effortless running gait, and is hyper coordinated (which is why he has absurd touch at the rim and is a damn good passer for his size and maturity).

Some of it also may be the game is still a bit too fast for him at times. The more things are simplified for him, the more "active" he looks. Not uncommon for young big men. The kid loves to hoop. I hope we can just give his a clear, simple 10-15 MPG role as a rim protector, pick and roll rim runner and see where he goes from there. Emphasize what he does great, like Belichck does with role players. As or if he shows more ability, build from there.
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#53 » by Big Joke Line » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:40 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:He’s basically repeating what Stevens and Ainge have said word for word.

This isn’t a big deal.

And Wyc on WEEI yesterday. Doesn’t mean I have to like it. From any of them.
Hey Man, nice shot!
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#54 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:40 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:He’s basically repeating what Stevens and Ainge have said word for word.

This isn’t a big deal.

Ofc, it isn't he's being nice to Irving and even showing him a bit how leadership works, although it's usually the leader taking the blame, it's still nice that nobody from our organization threw any shade at him even tho I'll repeat it, this was the worst C's star playoff performance I've witnessed in 13-14 years being a C's fan and watching games. IT when healthy was 3-4x better than Irving.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#55 » by Big Joke Line » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:44 pm

sam_I_am wrote:

1. Kyrie, duh

Was Kyrie’s ability as a closer even a positive in the regular season? Maybe it’s human nature or my nature to remember the losses more but I remember him missing more game winning shots and throwing the ball away in crunch time more than him closing out games.
Hey Man, nice shot!
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,782

Post#56 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:12 pm

Let me repeat myself: even if it was 90% Kyrie's fault, it's the other 10% you have to worry about because Kyrie has taken his act to Brooklyn. No one was more critical of Kyrie than I, but it makes no sense to bash him now. I'm delighted that Kyrie moved on but it's time for Celtics fans to move on as well.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#57 » by sam_I_am » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:19 pm

Big Joke Line wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

1. Kyrie, duh

Was Kyrie’s ability as a closer even a positive in the regular season? Maybe it’s human nature or my nature to remember the losses more but I remember him missing more game winning shots and throwing the ball away in crunch time more than him closing out games.

When we started previous season on pace to win 70 games after Hayward went down....absolutely it did. That is why it was such a shock that team sucked coming out of gate this year. From a talent stand point, it shouldn’t have mattered that Hayward wasn’t ready. We should have easily overcame that during regular season. The better teams got better. The Celtics did not. Kyrie May be better than Rozier but team lost its defensive identity and the shot clock rule change rewarded high octane offensives more than defenses. Celtics just couldn’t keep up offensively and lost a lot defensively.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#58 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:25 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Let me repeat myself: even if it was 90% Kyrie's fault, it's the other 10% you have to worry about because Kyrie has taken his act to Brooklyn. No one was more critical of Kyrie than I, but it makes no sense to bash him now. I'm delighted that Kyrie moved on but it's time for Celtics fans to move on as well.

this is right....that ''10% other'' now becomes this year's 100% of the problem possibly because most of the players are still on the team. granted rozier is gone and kyrie is as well so that maybe drops the 10% down to 5 but it still very much has the potential to exist.

and if it does this time- we will be sure to know it's not about just kyrie anymore
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#59 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 pm

Here's hoping that Brad has learned his lesson from last year and isn't afraid to yell at guys and bench them.

And while we are talking about the Jump here - Malika Andrews makes me wish I was single and 20 years younger. She is gorgeous, and her basketball IQ makes me swoon. I've let my fiancee know that I would leave her for Malika at the drop of a hat. Kidding.....sort of? Lol
Gomes3PC
General Manager

Post#60 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:48 pm

Big Joke Line wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

1. Kyrie, duh

I'll have to find the exact data, but I distinctly remember seeing that over the last two years, Kyrie was one of if not THE best close and late scorer in the NBA. His eFG% in those situations was off the charts, honestly probably at an unsustainable level.

Return to Boston Celtics