Farewell Welsh

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Farewell Welsh 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:54 pm

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nuggets-waive-former-second-round-pick/73-aead0938-854f-4af1-8c07-3ee0d40f3fb1
The two-way player averaged 1.6 points, 0.4 rebounds, and 0.5 assists in 11 games during his rookie year with the Nuggets.

Welsh had a chance to make his case in Las Vegas with the NBA Summer League, but his average of 6.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in 16.2 minutes per game did not support his cause.

Nuggets waived Welsh and I'm okay with that. I sorta' liked having him around as a third string center, but he hasn't convinced me he could be any better than that. I guess Bol is his replacement and I'm okay with that too.

I don't like having just Jokic & Plumlee. We're okay -unless- one of them is injured, then we might be stuck with a forward at center, which works in short stretches.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Re: Farewell Welsh 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:25 pm

Good and fair move from Nuggets. We are maybe the deepest team in the league right now (TOP3 in the worst case), and limiting Plumlee on the backup center role only and adding Bol Bol there is no place for Welsh development. I wish we doing the same thing last summer with Tyler Lydon when was already obvious no way he will get any chance. I see almost zero opportunities this season from Vlatko Cancar, but if he improves in 3p% he can get some chances next season if we lose Millsap and Juancho both.

And BTW even if we trade Plumlee and Bol Bol going to be redshirted, we actually don't need another center! With Jokic settled to play 35mpg like a real franchise player, we also have in forwards Millsap, Grant, MPJ, Craig, JV, and Juancho, together with our backcourt players, great group to create very potent "small-ball" rotations.

All the best wish to Thomas Welsh in his future.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:35 pm

Really think the Bol Bol selection sealed Welsh’s fate, waiving him opens a pathway for Bol
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#4 » by Coeur » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:46 am

Cancar is a monster. Hopefully Bolbol. Yeah o liked welsh at UCLA so I knew he can do some things like make shots from his spots but if he couldn’t defend in the nba he’s never get those easy shots to give a value

Return to Denver Nuggets