Image ImageImage Image

NBA FA Signings / Available players

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#841 » by HomoSapien » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:01 am

Isn't Dwight still on the Grizzlies?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#842 » by d boy gentleman » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:07 am

HomoSapien wrote:Isn't Dwight still on the Grizzlies?

Looks so. Thought they were working on waiving him
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#843 » by Chitownbulls » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Trey Burke to the 76ers lol wow

I would gladly take him as a backup PG
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#844 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Hurry and sign Lance
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#845 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:54 pm

I read Bulls offered Niko a deal but he took Euroleague offer. I guess this was before going after Thad.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/913610/barcelona-coach-pesic-mirotic-had-a-45m-offer-from-the-bulls/
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,811

Post#846 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:15 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:I read Bulls offered Niko a deal but he took Euroleague offer. I guess this was before going after Thad.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/913610/barcelona-coach-pesic-mirotic-had-a-45m-offer-from-the-bulls/

He is most definitely an NBA calibre player, but possibly due to some bad luck, it just seemed that he never found the right fit in terms of team which is unfortunate.

It always sucks when players of his quality opts to not play in the NBA, because you always want the best of the best playing in the league, but it almost feels like he was fed up with the NBA and not truly fitting in.

I'm skeptical that the Bulls offered a deal to him, and if they did, it was likely at a lower cost than they did with Thad in my opinion. But we will probably never truly know. I think the 45 million offer would have been for 4 years, and not 3.
Why so serious?
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#847 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:20 pm

panthermark wrote:
dice wrote:
panthermark wrote:Brewer sucked...
Are you looking at his PER36 numbers? He only started one game that year (Bogans was the starter) and he averaged 22 minutes per game...so those is not what he averaged per game.

He provided no spacing (he took a three pointer once every three games...and hit at 22.2%). He didn't get to the line much (even PER36 would have put him at 2.7 FTA's per game, and he shot them at a brutal 65.4%).

He was a good defender that scored on run outs and baseline cuts..hence the high(ish) FG% (48%)..but he didn't provide the Bulls much of what they needed on offense. If you are looking at his numbers at bballref...look at his FG% by distance. Dude was brutal beyond 3 feet.

reread the last sentence of my last post

Yeah, you claimed he earned his money. I claimed he sucked and provided no spacing. Now what?

I have a hard time with that analysis Panther. Ronnie was AMAZING. He lead our bench mob. Every possession, he was a DOG!!!

He definitely should have been traded at the end of Season 1 of his contract though - once it became clear that he could create a steal but couldnt finish the layup :banghead:
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#848 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:42 pm

StunnerKO wrote:Hurry and sign Lance

I think he's a bit of a headcase, like a poor man's JR smith, but maybe i'm wrong there.

With that said, he has skills and would be a asset on the court, I'd be fine with him and he's still only 28.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#849 » by sco » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:51 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:

I think he's a bit of a headcase, like a poor man's JR smith, but maybe i'm wrong there.

With that said, he has skills and would be a asset on the court, I'd be fine with him and he's still only 28.

Bulls FO want only stellar citizens and role models.

I'd settle for Thabo though.
:clap:
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#850 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:11 pm

sco wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

I just can't see thabo fitting the timeline, at age 34 he just doesn't make sense to me, although he still might have a little game left, i'd rather have a younger player that might have some longer term value via contract extension or trade.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#851 » by sco » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:49 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
sco wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

I just can't see thabo fitting the timeline, at age 34 he just doesn't make sense to me, although he still might have a little game left, i'd rather have a younger player that might have some longer term value via contract extension or trade.

There isn't a guy like that out there as a FA right now. Thabo is a very good 3rd stringer and passable 2nd string SF, but isn't too high a bar for Val or Hutch to overcome, if they are playing well. If not, Thabo can cover us through the trade deadline.
:clap:
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#852 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:43 pm

sco wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:
sco wrote:Bulls FO want only stellar citizens and role models.

There isn't a guy like that out there as a FA right now. Thabo is a very good 3rd stringer and passable 2nd string SF, but isn't too high a bar for Val or Hutch to overcome, if they are playing well. If not, Thabo can cover us through the trade deadline.

Thabo is exactly the kind of player we need to round out the roster in the wings and backcourt. I am all on board for getting him.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#853 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:20 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:

Lance is not a head case. Everyone blows in Lebrons ear during games.

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#854 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:26 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
sco wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:

But we are talking about role players here. Role players come and go, it's the core where you worry about whether they fit in the timeline in terms of age and potential and what not.

It's the exact situation that put the Cavs team in a bind by giving massive contracts to role players like Smith, which they probably didn't deserve. You want to be investing the biggest chunk of change on your best players, and fill the roster with good solid role players at decent deals, and on short deals in case things fall apart.

The Bulls have been really good over the last decade in obtaining really high value role players at bare minimum costs.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#855 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm all for Thabo too, someone who can come in a play decent minutes off the bench.
Why so serious?
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,223

Post#856 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:29 pm

Give me Vince Carter. Still put up ok numbers last year, and I’ve always wanted him in a Bulls uniform. 2 decades too late, but I don’t care.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#857 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:01 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:
sco wrote:Bulls FO want only stellar citizens and role models.

But we are talking about role players here. Role players come and go, it's the core where you worry about whether they fit in the timeline in terms of age and potential and what not.

It's the exact situation that put the Cavs team in a bind by giving massive contracts to role players like Smith, which they probably didn't deserve. You want to be investing the biggest chunk of change on your best players, and fill the roster with good solid role players at decent deals, and on short deals in case things fall apart.

The Bulls have been really good over the last decade in obtaining really high value role players at bare minimum costs.

Indeed. Vince Carter fits no ones timeline but he is helpful to just about any team.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#858 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:02 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Give me Vince Carter. Still put up ok numbers last year, and I’ve always wanted him in a Bulls uniform. 2 decades too late, but I don’t care.

I would love him he seems to like to help the you g players adjust to the game too. Me thinks he is looking for a shot at a ring this year though.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#859 » by dice » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:37 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Give me Vince Carter. Still put up ok numbers last year, and I’ve always wanted him in a Bulls uniform. 2 decades too late, but I don’t care.

hope he plays until he has a bad season AND he can't make a team. like with mark jackson. jackson had a bad season at age 37 and was useless at age 38, then couldn't find a job. vince is still playing pretty well and will be FORTY-THREE next season

RPM last 6 seasons:

0.87 vince (8200 min)
0.27 derozan (15900)
-0.16 gordon (12200

-1.96 stevenson (8700 min)
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#860 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:45 am

dice wrote:

hope he plays until he has a bad season AND he can't make a team. like with mark jackson. jackson had a bad season at age 37 and was useless at age 38, then couldn't find a job. vince is still playing pretty well and will be FORTY-THREE next season

RPM last 6 seasons:

0.87 vince (8200 min)
0.27 derozan (15900)
-0.16 gordon (12200

-1.96 stevenson (8700 min)

He doesn’t look that old out there either. He still moves really well. Pretty amazing for a guy who’s game was based all on athleticism early on. Obviously not the transition Jordan had in his career but still impressive.

Return to Chicago Bulls