ImageImageImage

Tacko Fall Signed to Two-Way (10-13-19)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#461 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Half-Full wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Half-Full wrote:
Terrible coach? Come on. He was acknowledged to be one of the best coaches at the college level, taking a small program deep into the NCAA tournament. His W-L record with the Celtics over the past four years is 205-123 (a W-L % of .625). That is a very respectable percentage, and not an indicator of a terrible coach. His peers and NBA players all acknowledge that he is a leading coach in the league.

Sarcasm is so much better when its not in green font.

Is it?

Yes. Much much better.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#462 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
I'm with Tiny Ball on this.

He abused Horford? Horford played 69 games a year. Horford flourished under Stevens. Whether he left because he was playing Center, who knows, I'd imagine it was a combo of yeah, playing next to Joel Embiid, playing for a potentially better team, and also getting more money.

Robert Williams was a raw, late first round rookie. How much do those guys play generally on teams that have championship aspirations?

Baynes was injured all of last year, and when he was healthy he played 20% of his minutes (163 out of 821) with Horford. Seems good to me, I don't want two bigs on the court unless against specific matchups, or if you have two elite bigs. And Baynes wasn't elite, played a nice role as a stout defender, though.

You're right, he really failed to get bigs at Butler. Probably why was he was successful because bigs are useless in college. He failed to get anyone besides Hayward and Shelvin Mack into the NBA even. Terrible coach.
Horford did not want to play center. The Celtics played their best basketball then Baynes and Horford were on the floor even if was with three young pups.

I'm sure that Horford left for the money, at his age (33).
Celtics were looking at giving him 3yrs/$60M, and he got 4yrs/$109M. Not a bad take.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#463 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:Our guy is making the team, no doubt about it.

Read on Twitter

I heard Tackos was kicking him some Kanter ass?

To be fair, in a 2 on 2 game, it's harder to stop a 7'6" guy. Kanter isn't as deadly shooting 3's and in a game of 1 on 1 in the post, not a lot of guys can stop Fall's slow moves for standing dunks. As we saw in the summer league, it was hard for our guys to get Tacko the ball. It didn't feel natural to just lob it up high and let him get it. They kept trying bounce passes and line drives to his face.

I think video of those 2 on 2 games would be amazing, but not really an outlier of how it would translate to 5 on 5 nba ball.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#464 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Half-Full wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

He abused Horford? Horford played 69 games a year. Horford flourished under Stevens. Whether he left because he was playing Center, who knows, I'd imagine it was a combo of yeah, playing next to Joel Embiid, playing for a potentially better team, and also getting more money.

Robert Williams was a raw, late first round rookie. How much do those guys play generally on teams that have championship aspirations?

Baynes was injured all of last year, and when he was healthy he played 20% of his minutes (163 out of 821) with Horford. Seems good to me, I don't want two bigs on the court unless against specific matchups, or if you have two elite bigs. And Baynes wasn't elite, played a nice role as a stout defender, though.

You're right, he really failed to get bigs at Butler. Probably why was he was successful because bigs are useless in college. He failed to get anyone besides Hayward and Shelvin Mack into the NBA even. Terrible coach.

Terrible coach? Come on. He was acknowledged to be one of the best coaches at the college level, taking a small program deep into the NCAA tournament. His W-L record with the Celtics over the past four years is 205-123 (a W-L % of .625). That is a very respectable percentage, and not an indicator of a terrible coach. His peers and NBA players all acknowledge that he is a leading coach in the league.

I'm sorry, if all you can show for your college career from a mid-major is one Final Four AND your resume includes: no bigs who made it to the NBA in your college tenure, you're terrible. Total hack.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#465 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

Horford did not want to play center. The Celtics played their best basketball then Baynes and Horford were on the floor even if was with three young pups.

Good for Horford. Blame Ainge for not having drafted Joel Embiid.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#466 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 pm

I mixed this video with some music. Testing it out.
Any future ideas?
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#467 » by Higgs Boston » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:06 pm

I want the video of those games yesterday.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#468 » by FakeScreenName123 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:14 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Half-Full wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Sarcasm is so much better when its not in green font.

Is it?

Yes. Much much better.

way better
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#469 » by cloverleaf » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:He abused Horford? Horford played 69 games a year. Horford flourished under Stevens. Whether he left because he was playing Center, who knows, I'd imagine it was a combo of yeah, playing next to Joel Embiid, playing for a potentially better team, and also getting more money.

I'm sure that Horford left for the money, at his age (33).
Celtics were looking at giving him 3yrs/$60M, and he got 4yrs/$109M. Not a bad take.

Both Danny and Horford's sister mentioned up front the issue of Al looking to go where he knew he would play the 4 rather than the 5 as a factor in his decision. I believe him, though the money I"m sure was a factor too.

And as far as Rob goes, yeah, I think Stevens could have found a few more minutes for him last season, but it was mostly his bum knees that held back his playing time.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#470 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
Half-Full wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:He abused Horford? Horford played 69 games a year. Horford flourished under Stevens. Whether he left because he was playing Center, who knows, I'd imagine it was a combo of yeah, playing next to Joel Embiid, playing for a potentially better team, and also getting more money.

I'm sorry, if all you can show for your college career from a mid-major is one Final Four AND your resume includes: no bigs who made it to the NBA in your college tenure, you're terrible. Total hack.

Two final fours. But zero titles — he’s straight garbage. How cant you produce one NBA caliber big?
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#471 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#472 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:33 pm

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#473 » by Triple7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:25 am

Half-Full wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

I don’t think his peers/other coaches thinks of Brad that high. I remember 2 seasons ago, brad took the celtics to the conf finals, while getting the 2nd seed, yet he didn’t get a single vote among other coaches. At that time, i thought that was weird, yet last season, i think brad did a terrible job as a coach and leader, which kind of justified things. Lets see what he does next season.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#474 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:03 am

Triple7 wrote:
Half-Full wrote:

I don’t think his peers/other coaches thinks of Brad that high. I remember 2 seasons ago, brad took the celtics to the conf finals, while getting the 2nd seed, yet he didn’t get a single vote among other coaches. At that time, i thought that was weird, yet last season, i think brad did a terrible job as a coach and leader, which kind of justified things. Lets see what he does next season.

He came in third place in Coach of the Year two years ago.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2018/06/2017-18-NBA-Coach-of-the-Year-Voting-Results.pdf

Came in fourth the year prior.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#475 » by Triple7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:45 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Half-Full wrote:

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2018/06/2017-18-NBA-Coach-of-the-Year-Voting-Results.pdf

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/34721301

I was talking about the coach of the year by NBCA, which i think has a lot more weight considering coaches actually votes who they think is the best, as opposed to votes coming from the media. It’s just odd at that time brad didn’t get a single vote from other coaches.
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#476 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:12 am

Triple7 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

I was talking about the coach of the year by NBCA, which i think has a lot more weight considering coaches actually votes who they think is the best, as opposed to votes coming from the media. It’s just odd at that time brad didn’t get a single vote from other coaches.
That was a weird year. Lots of coaches who had great years and I think there was a feeling among the coaches that voting for Casey might save his job.

https://www.nba.com/amp/league/gmsurvey/2018#coaches

That same year NBA execs said Brad was the best coach FWIW.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#477 » by Triple7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 am

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:He came in third place in Coach of the Year two years ago.

That was a weird year. Lots of coaches who had great years and I think there was a feeling among the coaches that voting for Casey might save his job.

https://www.nba.com/amp/league/gmsurvey/2018#coaches

That same year NBA execs said Brad was the best coach FWIW.

Well not getting a single vote from your peers says a lot though.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#478 » by cloverleaf » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:16 pm

Ha ha:

Read on Twitter
Triple7
RealGM

Post#479 » by Triple7 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:57 am