Lakers Officially Unveil Frank Vogel's Coaching Staff, Including Jason Kidd & Lionel Hollins

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers Officially Unveil Frank Vogel's Coaching Staff, Including Jason Kidd & Lionel Hollins 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:31 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers officially presented Frank Vogel's coaching staff heading into next season, a group that included former NBA coaches Jason Kidd and Lionel Hollins.

Phil Handy, Miles Simon, Mike Penberthy and Quinton Crawford round out the coaching staff.

Greg St. Jean, Dru Anthrop, and Jon Pastorek were hired in player development roles. 

Via NBA.com

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 716

Re: Lakers Officially Unveil Frank Vogel's Coaching Staff, Including Jason Kidd & Lionel Hollins 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:45 pm

I like it. Vogel is a solid coach and Kidd just jumped into head coaching too quickly. That is a solid staff.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Re: Lakers Officially Unveil Frank Vogel's Coaching Staff, Including Jason Kidd & Lionel Hollins 

Post#3 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:51 am

Barcs wrote:I like it. Vogel is a solid coach and Kidd just jumped into head coaching too quickly. That is a solid staff.

I can’t say I’m a fan or not a fan of Vogels system, he can certainly keep his guys engaged and everyone knows their place. I’m certainly curious to see how his system would work with legitimate superstar talent involved. I’m not so sure this was the right fit though. I’m still down with Ty Lue
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#4 » by tor1234567 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:03 am

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:
Barcs wrote:I like it. Vogel is a solid coach and Kidd just jumped into head coaching too quickly. That is a solid staff.

I can’t say I’m a fan or not a fan of Vogels system, he can certainly keep his guys engaged and everyone knows their place. I’m certainly curious to see how his system would work with legitimate superstar talent involved. I’m not so sure this was the right fit though. I’m still down with Ty Lue

Vogel is a poor coach. Jason Kidd is just as bad.

Both may be decent assistant coaches, but neither are cut out to be head coaches on any NBA team.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#5 » by Winsome Gerbil » Thu Aug 1, 2019 5:37 am

tor1234567 wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:

Vogel is a poor coach. Jason Kidd is just as bad.

Both may be decent assistant coaches, but neither are cut out to be head coaches on any NBA team.

Vogel has taken a team to the ECF. Hollins has taken a team to the WCF. And critically both teams were built on size and smashmouth defense. If anything, Kidd is the odd man out/celebrity apprentice here.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,721

Post#6 » by NuckyPowell » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:06 am

Oof. Watch your back, Frank.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:28 am

How many off these guys are Vogel''s?

And when/if Vogel is axed, who is next in line? Hollins or Kidd?
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,968

Post#8 » by Cassius » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:39 pm

Winsome Gerbil wrote:Vogel has taken a team to the ECF. Hollins has taken a team to the WCF. And critically both teams were built on size and smashmouth defense. If anything, Kidd is the odd man out/celebrity apprentice here.

Great post. It's probably also worth mentioning that the Mavs 2011 team where Kidd was effectively a coach on the floor, shares a lot of similarities with this roster. I'll still believe in this team when I see it, as that front line is very brittle, but the system really will match the players.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 524

Post#9 » by TheCage4 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:59 pm

LeBron's name is missing from this list.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#10 » by Money_ » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:51 pm

Vogel will be gone by christmas...

Return to Wiretap Discussion