Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1901 » by Onibuh » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:23 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:Is Blake going to make this team contender?

Answer is no. So why in the hell would you trade a young player like WCJ whom has shown promise for a 30+ year old who has a history of injuries and is going to be declining?

Just dumb.

he'd be the best Player on the Team
he'd make the Team relevant and attractive for others
he's fun to watch

he could share some time with Lauri, give him more rest.

Unless AD or Giannis signs here, there seems to be no interest in any Star Player from some of you guys.
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#1902 » by Jiipee84 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:06 am

GarPax said something their goal in 2021 free agency is get some big free-agents sign with Bulls.
Here's my own fantasy roster after 2021 NBA free agency.

Notice
This is my own fantasy speculation without any official truth

Fantasy starting roster 1
Starters
PG White
SG Beal
SF Doncic
PF Markkanen
C Davis

Bench players
PG Satoransky ( if he wants to stay to Chicago ) otherwise Arcidiacono
SG Valentine ( if he can stay healthy and show some progress and improvement )
SF Hutchinson
PF Young ( if he wants to stay in Chicago ) otherwise Carter ( if he can play PF )
C Carter and Gafford

Trade
Zach LaVine to Dallas Mavericks in trade and sign deal for Luka Doncic
Free agent signings
Beal and Davis both max contract

Fantasy starting roster 2
PG White
SG Beal
SF Doncic
PF Markkanen
C Antetokounmpo

Bench players
PG Arcidiacono
SG Valentine
SF Hutchinson
PF Carter
C Gafford

Trade Zach LaVine to Dallas Mavericks in trade and sign deal for Luka Doncic.

Explanation why LaVine for Doncic ?
Doncic is almost like LaVine he's very good scorer and also he has weaknesses in defence.
The difference is that Doncic is very good passer but LaVine is OK passer.
Yes this trade hurts Bulls a bit but if you want get future elite SG / SF in Doncic you don't get him giving trash like Dunn / Valentine / Harrison / Felicio to the Mavericks

Free agent signings Bradley Beal and Giannis Antetokounmpo both max contract.

Yes this maybe isn't even close to ideal roster in real life but that's why this is fantasy speculation
How you would do this tell your opinion.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1903 » by Onibuh » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:29 am

Jiipee84 wrote:GarPax said something their goal in 2021 free agency is get some big free-agents sign with Bulls.
Here's my own fantasy roster after 2021 NBA free agency.

Notice
This is my own fantasy speculation without any official truth

Fantasy starting roster 1
Starters
PG White
SG Beal
SF Doncic
PF Markkanen
C Davis

Bench players
PG Satoransky ( if he wants to stay to Chicago ) otherwise Arcidiacono
SG Valentine ( if he can stay healthy and show some progress and improvement )
SF Hutchinson
PF Young ( if he wants to stay in Chicago ) otherwise Carter ( if he can play PF )
C Carter and Gafford

Trade
Free agent signings

PG White
SG Beal
SF Doncic
PF Markkanen
C Antetokounmpo

Bench players
PG Arcidiacono
SG Valentine
SF Hutchinson
PF Carter
C Gafford

Doncic is almost like LaVine he's very good scorer and also he has weaknesses in defence.
Yes this trade hurts Bulls a bit but if you want get future elite SG / SF in Doncic you don't get him giving trash like Dunn / Valentine / Harrison / Felicio to the Mavericks

Yes this maybe isn't even close to ideal roster in real life but that's why this is fantasy speculation

Doncic > LaVine
the gap in value will only get bigger
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#1904 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:37 am

Onibuh wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Onibuh wrote:Carter will be lucky to become as good as Blake is. I don't think he'll match his skill or Impact. 20 yo or not, Blake will remain the better until he retires or injuries slowed him down as they did with TMac.

Carter will be a perennial DPOY candidate with good offensive skills. Blake is an offensive highlight reel past his peak. I would hang up on a deal of Carter for Griffin. Clippers dumped him because they knew his best days were gone.

that's not the realistic Outlook, it's the best case with 100% hitting his ceiling. Blake is an all star and just lead his Team to the POs.

I'd gladly be relevant again and offer some youth for it. It's About balance and be a Winning Franchise. Winning franchises are more attractive.

We can relevant again with making short-sighted trades. Griffin is really good, but I don't think he has too many great seasons left in him. As long we show significant improvement I'll be be happy with next season. Stop trying to trade away our young talent for stars past their prime and learn some patience. We have missed the playoffs for TWO seasons and some of you act like it has been a decade. I don't understand the desparation to get back to mediocrity as soon as possible.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1905 » by Onibuh » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:13 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Carter will be a perennial DPOY candidate with good offensive skills. Blake is an offensive highlight reel past his peak. I would hang up on a deal of Carter for Griffin. Clippers dumped him because they knew his best days were gone.

that's not the realistic Outlook, it's the best case with 100% hitting his ceiling. Blake is an all star and just lead his Team to the POs.

I'd gladly be relevant again and offer some youth for it. It's About balance and be a Winning Franchise. Winning franchises are more attractive.

We can relevant again with making short-sighted trades. Griffin is really good, but I don't think he has too many great seasons left in him. As long we show significant improvement I'll be be happy with next season. Stop trying to trade away our young talent for stars past their prime and learn some patience. We have missed the playoffs for TWO seasons and some of you act like it has been a decade. I don't understand the desparation to get back to mediocrity as soon as possible.

it's the NBA, it's one move to open up being a contender. It's not About selling the farm, it's About Setting up the future. I'm not a believer in tanking, I'd rather try to improve all the time and worry About Cap Problems later when they actually become Problems. It's not the Philosophy I'm behind at all.

I'm all About getting the best result possible and hope for the best. Imagine if having Blake helps getting Beal or Giannis (for whatever reason). If getting a guy like Westbrook helps for getting Harden later. Who knows. I'd say being optimistic About improvement and internal growth is more hope than being realistic. Pax signings Point to getting better and Winning games, let's hope they do and the optimistic Outlook will be the real one.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#1906 » by Bulldog23 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:56 am

I like Griffin and if you want to win you need a veteran big man. Someone for Carter and Laurie to look up too. There are only three players I want from Detroit...Kennard, Doumbouya, and Griffin...for Lavine, Felico, Hutch, Valentine, and 1st pick.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#1907 » by sco » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:I like Griffin and if you want to win you need a veteran big man. Someone for Carter and Laurie to look up too. There are only three players I want from Detroit...Kennard, Doumbouya, and Griffin...for Lavine, Felico, Hutch, Valentine, and 1st pick.

I can't see a scenario where you get Griffin and keep Lauri. Neither guy is a C and I can't see them playing well together.
:clap:
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1908 » by drosereturn » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:25 pm

sco wrote:
Bulldog23 wrote:I like Griffin and if you want to win you need a veteran big man. Someone for Carter and Laurie to look up too. There are only three players I want from Detroit...Kennard, Doumbouya, and Griffin...for Lavine, Felico, Hutch, Valentine, and 1st pick.

I can't see a scenario where you get Griffin and keep Lauri. Neither guy is a C and I can't see them playing well together.

3 guys can play 30 min each. plus all 3 are very injury prone. need to think at least 1 is injured for the whole time.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1909 » by drosereturn » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:30 pm

Onibuh wrote:

Answer is no. So why in the hell would you trade a young player like WCJ whom has shown promise for a 30+ year old who has a history of injuries and is going to be declining?

Just dumb.

he's fun to watch

Unless AD or Giannis signs here, there seems to be no interest in any Star Player from some of you guys.

I would love to trade Carter and piles of trash for Griffin but salary wise need Lavine to complete the trade.
Griffin is like getting Butler but with more FA attraction due to the personality, Not MVP caliber but top 15 player at the very worst.
Expect him to be a top 20 player until the end of his contract which is a bargain considering you have to pay 40 mil for those type of players.
Pair Griffin with Giannis/AD and you have a squad in 2021. They can sell Lauri super high if he doesnt fit the long term plan for a borderline all star wing as well. Any team with Carter/AD is top 5 front-court and top 10 defense at worst.
Thats minimum 2nd round team right there with Griffin/AD combining at least 50 pts per game.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,393

Post#1910 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:19 am

Showtime23 wrote:
Onibuh wrote:

Just dumb.

he's fun to watch

I would love to trade Carter and piles of trash for Griffin but salary wise need Lavine to complete the trade.
Griffin is like getting Butler but with more FA attraction due to the personality, Not MVP caliber but top 15 player at the very worst.
Expect him to be a top 20 player until the end of his contract which is a bargain considering you have to pay 40 mil for those type of players.
Pair Griffin with Giannis/AD and you have a squad in 2021. They can sell Lauri super high if he doesnt fit the long term plan for a borderline all star wing as well. Any team with Carter/AD is top 5 front-court and top 10 defense at worst.
Thats minimum 2nd round team right there with Griffin/AD combining at least 50 pts per game.

Butler is better than Blake in the win column I think but Blake is definitely more likable and would be a better recruiter. I don’t hate the idea of Blake, it doesn’t wow me either though.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1911 » by Onibuh » Thu Aug 1, 2019 6:16 am

I'd actually would like to go big and put him on the field with Lauri and Carter :D
go with 2k tactics
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#1912 » by NYG » Thu Aug 1, 2019 9:37 pm

NYG wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:
NYG wrote:
What are the Bulls biggest needs?

An empty locker where the name tag used to say Christiano Felicio .

Otherwise a 2 or 3 who can shoot from beyond the arc and not complain that he isn't playing enough. Otto Porter jr and Zack Lavine are going to play so long as they're healthy. The Bulls want to see if they have anything in Hutchison and Valentine so they're going to play and either take the backup roles or show they don't have it and the guy they could use will get the minutes.

What incentive would you add to Felicio for Barton?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1913 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:08 am

Onibuh wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Onibuh wrote:that's not the realistic Outlook, it's the best case with 100% hitting his ceiling. Blake is an all star and just lead his Team to the POs.

it's the NBA, it's one move to open up being a contender. It's not About selling the farm, it's About Setting up the future. I'm not a believer in tanking, I'd rather try to improve all the time and worry About Cap Problems later when they actually become Problems. It's not the Philosophy I'm behind at all.

I'm all About getting the best result possible and hope for the best. Imagine if having Blake helps getting Beal or Giannis (for whatever reason). If getting a guy like Westbrook helps for getting Harden later. Who knows. I'd say being optimistic About improvement and internal growth is more hope than being realistic. Pax signings Point to getting better and Winning games, let's hope they do and the optimistic Outlook will be the real one.

I am on board with most of that. Some moves ie Russ I am not but I do not like tanking... plus the strategy is fully inept with the new odds. Blah blah blah... I do think keeping Butler would have given us a shot at another star? Definitely much more in the running. We may have at least been on AD’s list, maybe not his preference but not an outright no like we were and in that case you can take a shot at acquiring him. You do have to be careful though playing that game not getting cornered with albatross contracts, yet Jordan let Kemba walk and now they have Rozier so is an albatross that bad?
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1914 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:29 am

Jiipee84 wrote:
Trade
Free agent signings

PG White
SG Beal
SF Doncic
PF Markkanen
C Antetokounmpo

Bench players
PG Arcidiacono
SG Valentine
SF Hutchinson
PF Carter
C Gafford

Big LoL for Doncic - Lavine trade!?! How dumb and blind you think Mavs are?? Luka is their franchise player and you think they would just swap him for Zach? OMG

Also Giannis as center?? Wth
How old are you, really? I think you are under 20
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1915 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:54 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
Trade
Free agent signings

PG White
SG Beal
SF Doncic
PF Markkanen
C Antetokounmpo

Bench players
PG Arcidiacono
SG Valentine
SF Hutchinson
PF Carter
C Gafford

Big LoL for Doncic - Lavine trade!?! How dumb and blind you think Mavs are?? Luka is their franchise player and you think they would just swap him for Zach? OMG

In fairness he put a couple disclaimers that this is just fantasy so he is self aware that this is unrealistic. No need to get all harsh on him especially if you think he is a kid.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1916 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:24 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
Trade
Free agent signings

PG White
SG Beal
SF Doncic
PF Markkanen
C Antetokounmpo

Bench players
PG Arcidiacono
SG Valentine
SF Hutchinson
PF Carter
C Gafford

I'm a little disappointed that we couldn't work out Steph Curry into this package. He's better than white, so there's that.
Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#1917 » by Lauri_Legend » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:14 pm

I'm surprised Kris Dunn is still on the Bulls roster in August. I think his value will continuously decline, especially if he stays and shares minutes with Satoransky and is outplayed by the Bulls new PG.

His value was at it's peak the day we traded for him. Since then, it's at a steep decline. Unless they're content with Dunn walking in FA, I'm surprised they're not able to net a second round pick in return for Dunn.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
sco
RealGM

Post#1918 » by sco » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:19 pm

Lauri_Legend wrote:I'm surprised Kris Dunn is still on the Bulls roster in August. I think his value will continuously decline, especially if he stays and shares minutes with Satoransky and is outplayed by the Bulls new PG.

His value was at it's peak the day we traded for him. Since then, it's at a steep decline. Unless they're content with Dunn walking in FA, I'm surprised they're not able to net a second round pick in return for Dunn.

1) Not sure how his trade value which is essentially zero can decline. Nobody wanted him at the deadline or since then.
2) To be fair, he was even worse as a rookie when we took him as a reclamation project in the Butler trade.

I only worry that he becomes a locker room problem. I have to believe that the org won't let that happen. Worst case he comes into camp and is great - which sounds odd, and how bad is that, really.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1919 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 10:29 am

I think you guys are going overboard about Dunn's value.. It isnt that bad or low.
sco
RealGM

Post#1920 » by sco » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:52 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:I think you guys are going overboard about Dunn's value.. It isnt that bad or low.

Based on what? It has been widely publicized that the Bulls would trade him since the deadline and the only sniff of a rumor was that he'd fetch Justin Holiday - which didn't happen. There is close to zero interest.

Return to Chicago Bulls