ImageImageImage

We need to trade Blake

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 562

Re: We need to trade Blake 

Post#181 » by LaSheed » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:07 pm

Seen an article with Chicago bulls. Griffin, Sekou, amd Bruce Brown for Porter Jr, Colby White, Felicio and a 1st.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#182 » by Indomitable » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:29 am

LaSheed wrote:Seen an article with Chicago bulls. Griffin, Sekou, amd Bruce Brown for Porter Jr, Colby White, Felicio and a 1st.

Post the article because that trade makes no sense from the Bulls position.
:banghead:
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 562

Post#183 » by LaSheed » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:47 am

Indomitable wrote:
LaSheed wrote:Seen an article with Chicago bulls. Griffin, Sekou, amd Bruce Brown for Porter Jr, Colby White, Felicio and a 1st.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5557630/nba-rumors-bulls-could-acquire-blake-griffin-for-porter-jr-white-felicio-draft-pick-fansided-suggests/amp/

Just speculation of course but i dont like the deal for either teams.
BNM
Analyst
And1: 4,198

Post#184 » by BNM » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:08 am

LaSheed wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

https://www.inquisitr.com/5557630/nba-rumors-bulls-could-acquire-blake-griffin-for-porter-jr-white-felicio-draft-pick-fansided-suggests/amp/

"NBA Rumors: Bulls Could Acquire Blake Griffin For Porter Jr., White, Felicio & Draft Pick, ‘Fansided’ Suggests"

Lol at "NBA Rumors" and "Fansided Suggests". It's not a rumor, it's a fabricated trade scenario. Fansided is a large network of "fan supported" content farm sites. Unpaid (or barely paid), contributors make up **** and then all the various Fansided sites cross link to those "articles and rumors" to make them look legitimate. Bottom line, anything you read on one of the Fansided sites in not any more legitimate than a random post by any random forum member here - probably less so, as the Fansided contributors are just making stuff up to get page views and bad content often generates more controversy and more page views than actual facts.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#185 » by The_Irony » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:22 am

LaSheed wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

don't waste your time with that site
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 729

Post#186 » by A_dub06 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:19 am

BNM wrote:
LaSheed wrote:
Indomitable wrote:Post the article because that trade makes no sense from the Bulls position.

"NBA Rumors: Bulls Could Acquire Blake Griffin For Porter Jr., White, Felicio & Draft Pick, ‘Fansided’ Suggests"

Lol at "NBA Rumors" and "Fansided Suggests". It's not a rumor, it's a fabricated trade scenario. Fansided is a large network of "fan supported" content farm sites. Unpaid (or barely paid), contributors make up **** and then all the various Fansided sites cross link to those "articles and rumors" to make them look legitimate. Bottom line, anything you read on one of the Fansided sites in not any more legitimate than a random post by any random forum member here - probably less so, as the Fansided contributors are just making stuff up to get page views and bad content often generates more controversy and more page views than actual facts.

Agreed. Most of their content is pure rubbish, and the trades are very lopsided.

I’d still do the deal with some minor tweaks though haha
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,942

Post#187 » by Uncle Mxy » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:32 pm

All trades involving buttdroppings made sense with enough first round picks.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#188 » by Moses ShamMoses » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:14 pm

I've enjoyed Blake Griffin on this team but its not hard to see that now might be the best time to trade him as he's coming off a really good, somewhat healthy season. If we wait too long we might be left holding the bag. We've also seen a large enough sample to know that his team isn't going to be contending for much more than the 6-8 seed in the playoffs.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#189 » by Kilo » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:14 pm

If we trade Griff it will be at the trade deadline. And that will be if he's healthy and were out of the playoffs and he asks out.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#190 » by Moses ShamMoses » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:19 pm

Kilo wrote:If we trade Griff it will be at the trade deadline. And that will be if he's healthy and were out of the playoffs and he asks out.

If a team offers multiple assets we'd likely regret not trading him. I'm talking good assets like next year's first (proj. 5-15 range) or future firsts (limited protections), and recent first round prospects that are actually coveted around the league. I'm not sure a team would offer a package like this though....takes two to tango as they say :D
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 561

Post#191 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:37 am

Maybe someone could get one of those online petitions going for this... There seems to be near-unanimous support for this idea in these boards. Maybe the rest of the fanbase will back it up, and someone from the FO takes notice.

Then we could while away our time for the next couple or so years on golf and cricket.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,755

Post#192 » by Snakebites » Fri Aug 2, 2019 5:05 am

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:Maybe someone could get one of those online petitions going for this... There seems to be near-unanimous support for this idea in these boards. Maybe the rest of the fanbase will back it up, and someone from the FO takes notice.

Then we could while away our time for the next couple or so years on golf and cricket.

The typical Realgm (or internet in general, really) fan is not the same as the typical rank and file fan.

Of course, I can't speak to this. I don't have any contact with general or more casual fans at all, just internet folks.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#193 » by El Chivo » Fri Aug 2, 2019 5:47 am

Snakebites wrote:
_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:Maybe someone could get one of those online petitions going for this... There seems to be near-unanimous support for this idea in these boards. Maybe the rest of the fanbase will back it up, and someone from the FO takes notice.

The typical Realgm (or internet in general, really) fan is not the same as the typical rank and file fan.

For example, Pistons' twitter (nerds of pistonpowered etc) is full of homers, bluepilled guys, Drummond lovers, believers and people who think we'll win 50 games, etc..

This forum is an exception.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#194 » by Pharaoh » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:03 am

Blake to Washington for:

2020 unprotected first
2022 unprotected first
Wagner, Brown Jr
Miles
Mahinmi

We clear $15 mil this off-season, Miles expires the same time as Snell, gain 2 prospects and 2 firsts

Dre to New York for:

2020 unprotected first
2022 unprotected first
Franky
Marcus
Portis

Clear an additional $30 mil this off-season, gain a "prospect" & 2 firsts.

We tank, reunite the Morris brothers and hope that with our own first we can add 3 Lottery picks to Sekou, Luke & Brown entering the 20-21 season.

Call it the Nets model condensed

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#195 » by The Moose » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:07 am

Pharaoh wrote:Blake to Washington for:

2020 unprotected first
2022 unprotected first
Wagner, Brown Jr
Miles
Mahinmi

We clear $15 mil this off-season, Miles expires the same time as Snell, gain 2 prospects and 2 firsts

Dre to New York for:

2020 unprotected first
2022 unprotected first
Franky
Marcus
Portis

We tank, reunite the Morris brothers and hope that with our own first we can add 3 Lottery picks to Sekou, Luke & Brown entering the 20-21 season.

First trade makes sense, but I don’t think Dre has anywhere near that value, especially as a rental.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#196 » by Pharaoh » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:02 am

The Moose wrote:

2020 unprotected first
2022 unprotected first
Wagner, Brown Jr
Miles
Mahinmi

Dre to New York for:

2020 unprotected first
2022 unprotected first
Franky
Marcus
Portis

First trade makes sense, but I don’t think Dre has anywhere near that value, especially as a rental.
Knicks get a chance to recruit him while he's under contract like OKC did with PG13.

I doubt they view Portis, Morris or Frank as anything significant. The 2 picks would be the sticking point

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#197 » by DBC10 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 11:58 am

The Moose wrote:

2020 unprotected first
2022 unprotected first
Wagner, Brown Jr
Miles
Mahinmi

Dre to New York for:

2020 unprotected first
2022 unprotected first
Franky
Marcus
Portis

Yeah, there's no way NY gives up multiple unprotected 1sts, that's buffoonery in this day and age. And Mills hasn't shown the willingness to go all in like that.

It'll always be conditional 1sts, even with Blake Griffin's caliber.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#198 » by MotownMadness » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:28 pm

Let him mentor the young guys for the next year or so. If he has another big year and another year gone off his contract his value should be even higher in a weak FA class.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#199 » by sc8581 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:41 am

MotownMadness wrote:Let him mentor the young guys for the next year or so. If he has another big year and another year gone off his contract his value should be even higher in a weak FA class.

Only if he stays healthy and I don't want to take that risk.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 729

Post#200 » by A_dub06 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:06 am

sc8581 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Let him mentor the young guys for the next year or so. If he has another big year and another year gone off his contract his value should be even higher in a weak FA class.

Only if he stays healthy and I don't want to take that risk.

All comes down to what the offer is but I agree we should rely to trade him soon preferably this season.

Return to Detroit Pistons