ImageImageImage

Tacko Fall Signed to Two-Way (10-13-19)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,209

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#481 » by Parliament10 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:04 am

Celtics’ Tacko Fall Returns To Senegal, Works out With Joel Embiid
by Chris Grenham on Wed, Jul 31, 2019

https://nesn.com/2019/07/celtics-tacko-fall-returns-to-senegal-works-out-with-joel-embiid/
The 7-foot-6 center signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Boston Celtics on July 26, meaning he’ll have the opportunity to compete for the 15th and final roster spot at training camp. But before he attempts to make Boston’s opening night roster, Fall got a chance to head back home for the first time in seven years and work out with one of the Eastern Conference’s best big men.

Fall traveled to Senegal as part of the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders Program and worked with African players ahead of the start of the Basketball Africa League in March 2020. Trainer Drew Hanlen took the trip as well, which allowed Fall to workout with fellow center Joel Embiid, according to The Boston Globe’s Adam Himmelsbach.

“That was really awesome, too,” Fall said, per Himmelsbach. “We worked on pretty much a lot of work on the post, and every now and then he would stop and try to show me some things and try to tell me about the game in the NBA. … So I thought that was pretty cool, especially coming from him one of the best, if not the best center in the NBA right now.”

Fall also met another dominant big man in Dikembe Mutombo while overseas. The Hall of Famer had given the UCF product advice before, but the two had never met in person until this week.

He’s previously stated that he knows he has a lot of work to do, but Fall says he knows he belongs in the NBA.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#482 » by Green89 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 5:43 am

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,840

Post#483 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Aug 1, 2019 5:53 am

Tacko is the latest hit trend since Cronuts and Boba tea.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#484 » by Parliament10 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:32 am

Why don't the Celtics just sign Tacko to a Regular NBA contract, or at least a 2-Way?
What's all the Game playing about?

Strus shouldn't get a Two-Way over Tacko. IJS
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#485 » by CeltsfaninDC » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#486 » by cloverleaf » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:36 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Wow. I notice current and past big men are taking Tacko seriously.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#487 » by Parliament10 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 5:28 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah. A lot of NBA personalities are paying attention to him.
I think he'll make the NBA. He may even get to be a Rotational player.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#488 » by CeltsfaninDC » Thu Aug 1, 2019 5:43 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah. A lot of NBA personalities are paying attention to him.
I think he'll make the NBA. He may even get to be a Rotational player.

I think we need him to have Carson Edwards along with him to provide scale for us when these photos get taken. Kareem looks normal sized next to him and he’s anything but
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,317

Post#489 » by Triple7 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:04 am

Parliament10 wrote:Why don't the Celtics just sign Tacko to a Regular NBA contract, or at least a 2-Way?

Yup. Just sign the man already!
iliyanvs
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#490 » by iliyanvs » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:19 am

I dont get why some people still think of Tacko as a meme, the dude is 7ft6, he has some muscle on his body and really can move. Yes, he has a lot of stuff to work on, but hasn't been really playing basketball for that long. Plus, he has an awesome work ethic, and friendly attitude.
Just what he is right now should earn him some minutes in the rotation.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using RealGM mobile app
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#491 » by djFan71 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:42 am

Triple7 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Why don't the Celtics just sign Tacko to a Regular NBA contract, or at least a 2-Way?

He is signed. To a standard NBA minimum contract. It just has an Exhibit 10 "attachment", but it's a real, signed contract. There are 3 outcomes with his contract due to the attachment:

1. Cs do nothing and he's on a minimum contract for next year. The default.
2. They have the OPTION (via Exhibit 10) to convert his contract to a 2-way due to the Exhibit 10 attachment. They don't have to (see #1). If they do this, they have to kick out Waters or Strus.
3/ They waive him. Same as they could Green.

Discussed and debated here:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1871748#p77923584
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,840

Post#492 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:01 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Some senior fan dude and one of the GOATs.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#493 » by cloverleaf » Sat Aug 3, 2019 11:17 pm

djFan71 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

He is signed. To a standard NBA minimum contract. It just has an Exhibit 10 "attachment", but it's a real, signed contract. There are 3 outcomes with his contract due to the attachment:

2. They have the OPTION (via Exhibit 10) to convert his contract to a 2-way due to the Exhibit 10 attachment. They don't have to (see #1). If they do this, they have to kick out Waters or Strus.

Can they not replace that deal with another that would guarantee a year or two and give the C's another year or two of options as well?
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#494 » by Parliament10 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 11:51 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Can they not replace that deal with another that would guarantee a year or two and give the C's another year or two of options as well?

With our Cap situation, we can only offer a Minimum Contract. And that can only be for 2 years.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#495 » by cloverleaf » Sun Aug 4, 2019 12:02 am

Parliament10 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
djFan71 wrote:He is signed. To a standard NBA minimum contract. It just has an Exhibit 10 "attachment", but it's a real, signed contract. There are 3 outcomes with his contract due to the attachment:

With our Cap situation, we can only offer a Minimum Contract. And that can only be for 2 years.

No options beyond that?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#496 » by djFan71 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:03 am

cloverleaf wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

No options beyond that?

Doesn't seem like it.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q83

If a standard NBA contract includes an attachment called Exhibit 10, the team receives the right to convert the contract to a Two-Way contract. Whether or not an eligible contract includes an Exhibit 10 is a matter of negotiation between the player and team. To be eligible to contain an Exhibit 10, a contract must be for one season at the minimum salary, with no bonuses of any kind (other than an optional Exhibit 10 bonus), and no compensation protection (see question number 63).
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#497 » by Parliament10 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:11 am

djFan71 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:With our Cap situation, we can only offer a Minimum Contract. And that can only be for 2 years.

No options beyond that?

Doesn't seem like it.

If a standard NBA contract includes an attachment called Exhibit 10, the team receives the right to convert the contract to a Two-Way contract. Whether or not an eligible contract includes an Exhibit 10 is a matter of negotiation between the player and team. To be eligible to contain an Exhibit 10, a contract must be for one season at the minimum salary, with no bonuses of any kind (other than an optional Exhibit 10 bonus), and no compensation protection (see question number 63).

From what I understand, we either had to do a 4 year (whether 2+2) with remaining Cap space, before we signed the big guns, Enes Kanter (Room Exception) and Kemba Walker (Sign-and-Trade); or now (after the Cap Space was locked up), just go with Minimum Contracts.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#498 » by djFan71 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 3:43 am

Parliament10 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
No options beyond that?

Doesn't seem like it.

From what I understand, we either had to do a 4 year (whether 2+2) with remaining Cap space, before we signed the big guns, Enes Kanter (Room Exception) and Kemba Walker (Sign-and-Trade); or now (after the Cap Space was locked up), just go with Minimum Contracts.

Yep, that seems right to me.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#499 » by cloverleaf » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:22 pm

I wonder if the C's tried to get a 2+2 done with him, but his agent, part of Bill Duffy's group IIRC, didn't want to lock him in to a possible 4 years at the minimum. Could have been what they were trying for when originally reported they would give him a contract after SL and then the front office referred to how they wanted to invest in his longer-term (I paraphrase) development.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#500 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:45 pm

Fall puts his focus on Celtics
NEWS SERVICE REPORT | 08-08-19

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/08/08/thursdays-nba-notebook-fall-puts-his-focus-on-celtics/
Tacko Fall has an uncertain NBA future. His massive frame of 7 feet, 6 inches, soft hands, and above average athleticism for a guy his size makes him an intriguing prospect.

However, he still has a lot of work to do to actually stick with the Boston Celtics or in the NBA. In an effort to do that, he’ll be back in Boston in the coming days to begin regular workouts at the team’s practice facility.

Fall had been in Senegal, where he was on the preliminary roster for the Senegalese national team. Senegal announced its official roster Thursday, which didn’t include Fall.

Despite widespread reports that he had been cut, it was never Fall’s intention to play for his national team in the FIBA World Cup. He had traveled back to his home country for the first time in seven years for a Basketball Without Borders event and a visit with his family.

“For me it’s about going around the neighborhoods, seeing where I came from, and just kind of reflecting on how far I came,” Fall recently told the Boston Globe. “I think that will honestly give me more encouragement to keep pushing and keep inspiring people from Senegal and Africa and be the best I possibly can and continue to strive so I can have a long career in the NBA.”

Fall became a summer league phenomenon during the Celtics’ run in Las Vegas last month. Since then he’s forged close friendships with his fellow Boston Celtics rookies, even getting a FaceTime call from Grant Williams from the field in Fenway Park before throwing out a first pitch on Tuesday.

Fall went undrafted out of the University of Central Florida, and signed an “Exhibit 10” contract with the Boston Celtics, which allows him to be part of training camp. If Boston sees enough promise in him to want to keep his exclusive rights, they’d have to sign him to a guaranteed contract (they have one roster spot available), or upgrade one of their two-way players (Max Strus and Tremont Waters) to a guaranteed deal and give Fall the open two-way slot.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to Boston Celtics