ImageImage

2019 Fantasy Football

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Sky Bucks
Sixth Man
And1: 1,357

2019 Fantasy Football 

Post#1 » by Sky Bucks » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:02 pm

Figured we should start up our fantasy thread for this year as a lot of draft prep has started with drafts happening in the next month.

As always answer a question before you ask one.

I’ll start, who is one player you are trying to have shares of on your team and who are you avoiding?
#Make'em Believe On Wisconsin
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Re: 2019 Fantasy Football 

Post#2 » by Frank Nova » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Sky Bucks wrote:Figured we should start up our fantasy thread for this year as a lot of draft prep has started with drafts happening in the next month.

I’ll start, who is one player you are trying to have shares of on your team and who are you avoiding?
Tarik Cohen is someone I hope to land on multiple teams as a 3rd RB in the early middle rounds. I also like Dion Lewis as a sleeper that will likely drop in drafts. Derrick Henry is someone I'll avoid unless the value becomes too good to pass up. Gurley is the easily avoidable 1st rounder to me, I think his volume will take a hit. I wouldn't take him unless he falls to the bottom half of the 2nd round. Luck is the QB I want this year, Cook in NO and Njoku are the tight ends I'll target after Ertz, Kelce, Kittle go early.

My homer pick is MVS as my sleeper I want on multiple teams, DA as the 2nd WR to draft after Hopkins and Jones somewhere around RB10-12.

QBs I really want are Luck and Rodgers. QBs I'd settle on for value are L Jackson and Wentz. Sleeper QBs I'd sit on are Kyler and Foles. QBs I'm less interested in are Ben Roethlisberger and Dak. I don't like Rivers or Brady top 5 QB either;

Luck
Rodgers
Mahomes
Brees
Baker
Wentz
Wilson
Newton
Rivers
Brady

I'm real excited this year, I think this is the best balance the NFL has maybe ever had in my 3 decades of fandom. Both conferences are wide open, the rise in star power is growing rapidly and star players are flooding the entire league. Should be a super fun and competitive season in real life and fantasy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,110

2019 Fantasy Football 

Post#3 » by LittleRooster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:07 am

Sky Bucks wrote:Figured we should start up our fantasy thread for this year as a lot of draft prep has started with drafts happening in the next month.

Austin Hooper is someone I think might break out this year.

I agree with Gurley being someone I’d avoid.

In my keeper 8 team league with friends we get to keep 4 guys and I’m debating between Mahomes and T Hill. My head is telling me to keep Hill since QB’s in a one qb league aren’t as valuable but I don’t trust Hill’s situation and I love Mahomes lpl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 964

Post#4 » by Ryan5UW » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:16 pm

LittleRooster wrote:

Austin Hooper is someone I think might break out this year.

I agree with Gurley being someone I’d avoid.

In my keeper 8 team league with friends we get to keep 4 guys and I’m debating between Mahomes and T Hill. My head is telling me to keep Hill since QB’s in a one qb league aren’t as valuable but I don’t trust Hill’s situation and I love Mahomes lpl

I'd go Mahomes all day mainly from the standpoint that Hill could find himself out of the league within the next couple of years if he keeps going down the path he's on. For me, not worth the risk.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,396

Post#5 » by Profound23 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Who would be the best wr/qb duo to own this year? Odds say Hill/Mahomes but I don't think so.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Frank Nova » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:24 pm

Profound23 wrote:Who would be the best wr/qb duo to own this year? Odds say Hill/Mahomes but I don't think so.
Cant really go wrong with any top WR that has a potential top 5 QB. Luck/Hilton, Rodgers/Adams, Brees/Thomas, Baker/Odell, Mahomes/Hill.

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#7 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:18 am

James White and Chris Carson are two guys I'm ending up with a lot.

Derrius Guice is my main do not draft dude.

Profound23 wrote:Who would be the best wr/qb duo to own this year? Odds say Hill/Mahomes but I don't think so.

Rodgers/Adams should be legitimately great this year. Watson/Hopkins is another elite fantasy combo I'd like to own. Cam/Moore could be a nice bargain basement 1-2 punch with big upside.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#8 » by Aaron It Out » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 am

My love for fantasy football is dwindling. I need something more than your standard league. I'd be interested if someone is starting or has an opening for some kind of keeper or dynasty league, something that keeps me going when I'm 9th place.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#9 » by LittleRooster » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:36 am

Aaron It Out wrote:My love for fantasy football is dwindling. I need something more than your standard league. I'd be interested if someone is starting or has an opening for some kind of keeper or dynasty league, something that keeps me going when I'm 9th place.

Dynasty is what has me hooked

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#10 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:40 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote:My love for fantasy football is dwindling. I need something more than your standard league. I'd be interested if someone is starting or has an opening for some kind of keeper or dynasty league, something that keeps me going when I'm 9th place.

Dynasty is what has me hooked

Unless you are in a for fun family league, dynasty or keeper of some kind is the only thing that keeps me interested.

As for the OP, here are some guys that I have high interest in collecting this year;
Luck, Kyler
Aaron Jones, D'Onta Foreman, LeSean McCoy (his adp is too low unless he is hurt right now), Latavius Murray
Larry Fitz, I am drafting DK Metcalf in every league, James Washington, Keke Coutee (couldn't stay healthy but his targets from Watson are off the charts)
Hunter Henry, Njoku and OJ Howard
Packers D, going to be a beast!
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#11 » by RiotPunch » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:56 pm

Any interest in a RealGM League this year? Dynasty or Best Ball, perhaps? Standard with SUPERFLEX instead of kickers?

I had a lot of leagues not renew this year, and it feels weird, as I've been investing time in it as I normally do this time of year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
LittleRooster
General Manager

2019 Fantasy Football 

Post#12 » by LittleRooster » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:27 am

RiotPunch wrote:Any interest in a RealGM League this year? Dynasty or Best Ball, perhaps? Standard with SUPERFLEX instead of kickers?

I had a lot of leagues not renew this year, and it feels weird, as I've been investing time in it as I normally do this time of year.

I’d be in if it were a dynasty and if it’s ppr instead of standard lol think it’d be fun!

ETA: You must be playing on MFL too? I had a league shut down on me and my two others almost did

RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#13 » by RiotPunch » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:32 am

LittleRooster wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Any interest in a RealGM League this year? Dynasty or Best Ball, perhaps? Standard with SUPERFLEX instead of kickers?

I’d be in if it were a dynasty and if it’s ppr instead of standard lol think it’d be fun!

ETA: You must be playing on MFL too? I had a league shut down on me and my two others almost did

Definitely would be PPR or .5 PPR at the very least. Didn't mean standard scoring format, just standard re-draft format, ditching kickers for an extra QB/RB/WR/TE FLEX.

I've actually never used MFL before. Had a handful of Yahoo work/friends/family leagues that have just kind of died. I want something competitive and fun.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#14 » by Aaron It Out » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:33 am

LittleRooster wrote:

I'd be down if it were dynasty for sure. I also prefer ppr for whatever reason

EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Frank Nova » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:09 pm

Dynasty is the best imho. I like keeping my whole team. My dynasty league even drafts 3 college players you get to hold onto and you bring them up when they get drafted so you already own them. I had AJ Brown, D'Andre Swift and Zack Moss last year so I dropped Taylor Gabriel and brought up Brown and I'll draft another prospect this year to replace him. We also have IDP instead of team D and a flex slot for IDP as well.

I really like the "out of the norm" type leagues like that. Im in a hoops league too with the same group of ppl and we have a G League roster as well.

I won the ship last year with this roster

Russ Wilson
Run CMC
Marlon Mack
Tyreek Hill
Stefon Diggs
Jared Cook
Philip Lindsay
Darius Leonard
Deforest Buckner
Jaire Alexander
Bobby Wagner
Brett Maher

Bench - Guice, Njoku, Gallup, Couttee, Dion Lewis, Aj Brown

Its a 14 team league if you're wondering how I won with that team lol. I started out 1-3 and then my whole team blew up and I only lost 1 more time the whole rest of the year including the playoffs.

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,149

Post#16 » by RRyder823 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 2:07 am

Frank Nova wrote:

Dynasty is the best imho. I like keeping my whole team. My dynasty league even drafts 3 college players you get to hold onto and you bring them up when they get drafted so you already own them. I had AJ Brown, D'Andre Swift and Zack Moss last year so I dropped Taylor Gabriel and brought up Brown and I'll draft another prospect this year to replace him. We also have IDP instead of team D and a flex slot for IDP as well.

I really like the "out of the norm" type leagues like that. Im in a hoops league too with the same group of ppl and we have a G League roster as well.

I won the ship last year with this roster

Russ Wilson
Run CMC
Marlon Mack
Tyreek Hill
Stefon Diggs
Jared Cook
Philip Lindsay
Darius Leonard
Deforest Buckner
Jaire Alexander
Bobby Wagner
Brett Maher

Bench - Guice, Njoku, Gallup, Couttee, Dion Lewis, Aj Brown

Its a 14 team league if you're wondering how I won with that team lol. I started out 1-3 and then my whole team blew up and I only lost 1 more time the whole rest of the year including the playoffs.

I'm actually starting up a keeper league at work. Havent ever done one but always wanted to. Also getting rid of team defense for it and just going to have two defensive player slots.

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#17 » by zmanishere11 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 10:55 pm

Kalen Ballage is my only sleeper, and he's already starting to move up the draft boards.

Drake is not the man there. This guy is going to get his first chance to be the starter in his career - not going to give it up.

Every year there's a couple of guys you can get later in the draft or free agency that help you win your league.

This year Kalen Ballage has a chance to be that guy
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#18 » by gbmb34 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:19 am

I'd also be down for a realGM league.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Touchpass
Bench Warmer
And1: 305

Post#19 » by Touchpass » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Rookie dynasty draft this weekend. Picking 1.09 and don’t really like anyone in that range. Tried trading back, but can’t find any takers. I do want Justice Hill and I’m not sure he’ll be there in the second. I’ve reached for some players before, but this feels like it would be over the top. You guys just getting your guy no matter where?
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#20 » by LittleRooster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:33 am

Touchpass wrote:Rookie dynasty draft this weekend. Picking 1.09 and don’t really like anyone in that range. Tried trading back, but can’t find any takers. I do want Justice Hill and I’m not sure he’ll be there in the second. I’ve reached for some players before, but this feels like it would be over the top. You guys just getting your guy no matter where?

I had the 1.08 and traded it for a 2020 1 that I think will be top 5-6, so I was thrilled. Another draft I had 1.11 and reluctantly took Hockenson but really want Samuel. Thankfully, I was able to get Samuel in that first league after trading up to 2.5.

In one of my leagues, Hill went 1.7. I kind of feel like if he’s your guy then pull the trigger if you can’t trade down

Return to Green Bay Packers