ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#321 » by TheBoi10 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:19 pm

alan_156 wrote:
sbsat wrote:
alan_156 wrote:

2 years ago he started 62 out of the 74 games he played, he was handed that opportunity and did nothing with it. Yes he's had some unfortunate circumstances with injury and personal things happen to him but siakim and van vleet both took the opportunity given to them and forced the coaches to play and trust them.

Again,

What on earth are you basing this take on? Did you even watch the games???

Everyone keeps on saying that.... What actual improvements have you guys seen? Y'all just raptors homers.

Trust me man, I don't miss games

OG is just hype beast Aminu

Dude can't dribble, moves like a robot, when he runs his legs are 2 feet ahead of his body, not a strong rebounder, good 1 on 1 defender when on man but his help D and rotations aren't anything special.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#322 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:51 pm

Where's Siakam been I haven't seen him on Rico's story since like last week
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,333

Post#323 » by Mikistan » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:03 am

alan_156 wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:
alan_156 wrote:

LOL, you're talking about a 3 pointer he made in a playoff game? Geeeze, you must be young. I'm talking about his actual game not a single play.

He played well for a rookie the moment he took over the starting spot when Powell got hurt. His defense was elite and his 3point % was better than advertised. He had a down year last year. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about but carry on.

Hahahaha that's so jokes, if only you knew.

Alan man you are so far off base, but please, keep upping your post count with these garbage takes.
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#324 » by alan_156 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:03 am

Mikistan wrote:
alan_156 wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:He played well for a rookie the moment he took over the starting spot when Powell got hurt. His defense was elite and his 3point % was better than advertised. He had a down year last year. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about but carry on.

Alan man you are so far off base, but please, keep upping your post count with these garbage takes.

OG hasn't shown anything but flashes of above average defense for a wing. Maybe he'll improve his shooting but that was one of his knocks coming into the league and he's shot 35% so far in his career... I can't talk ball with some people, it's all good.
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#325 » by alan_156 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:07 am

TheBoi10 wrote:
alan_156 wrote:
sbsat wrote:
What on earth are you basing this take on? Did you even watch the games???

Everyone keeps on saying that.... What actual improvements have you guys seen? Y'all just raptors homers.

Dude can't dribble, moves like a robot, when he runs his legs are 2 feet ahead of his body, not a strong rebounder, good 1 on 1 defender when on man but his help D and rotations aren't anything special.

Facts. Ppl who don't see it have raptors blinders on.

Aminu, Wilson chandler, Jae crowder, pj tucker etc etc ..... You don't build a team as these role players as your core, they're complimentary pieces.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#326 » by will » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:15 am

Pascal putting up 22 PPG next season. Being realistic.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,333

Post#327 » by Mikistan » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:21 am

alan_156 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
alan_156 wrote:

OG hasn't shown anything but flashes of above average defense for a wing. Maybe he'll improve his shooting but that was one of his knocks coming into the league and he's shot 35% so far in his career... I can't talk ball with some people, it's all good.

Fam it was a blessing he came back from injury so fast and his hops are coming back now from his first season.

He's been on winning teams starting and off bench, this lost recent year was riddled with family death and appendix making him miss the entire playoffs.

You are letting recency bias cloud your judgement. He has all the physical tools and has already surprised and shows he is not afraid of the moment.

Enjoy the ride.
wigginstruther
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#328 » by wigginstruther » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:26 am

will wrote:Pascal putting up 22 PPG next season. Being realistic.

He's upped his points from last year whilst increasing his FG% by like, 4%. When you adjust his usage and keep FG% leveled, it's not insane to expect 23-26 PPG from him.
wigginstruther
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#329 » by wigginstruther » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:34 am

alan_156 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
alan_156 wrote:

"Above average defense for a wing" is a gross understatement of OG's skill set and shows you're not critiquing anything in good faith/trolling. He's an offensive project who had a better than expected rookie year and struggled during his sophomore season. That's textbook for 98% of the NBA. How anyone should comes to sweeping generalization about him, knowing how unpredictable league development can be is just dishonest and limited in their knowledge beyond the last 5 years of the sport lmao. I feel no ways about OG. I see a 22 year old kid who wasn't a big star in college with potential and a non existent resume. Pretending to see anymore or any less is idiocy.

No one should bother entertaining this.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#330 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:31 am

alan_156 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
Ya! Trust him! He's the only REAL raptors fan who hasn't missed a game...so he must know more than all of us COMBINED!

Fred has been in these leagues longer than OG. I can't trust a comparison like that like they were in the same draft. Ridiculous. I'd be more on Norm's case but he has shown some things as well. Nobody can truthfully say OG hasn't had his good games. He is just another inconsistent prospect with flashes of serious potential. Nothing really to hate on.

The one year fvv played more than OG he was back and forth with the 905 team and avg 7 mins a game that season.

No one can say he's showed tangible improvement or even a 5 game stretch of solid performances from OG to warrant all this hope in the guy.

Hope or despair. Where's the evidence? Fred is a starter and is 25 and OG is just 22. Let's not jump to thrilling conclusions. Yet.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,927

Post#331 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:07 pm

alan_156 wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:
alan_156 wrote:

Facts. Ppl who don't see it have raptors blinders on.

Aminu, Wilson chandler, Jae crowder, pj tucker etc etc ..... You don't build a team as these role players as your core, they're complimentary pieces.

He is probably right that OG is projecting to be a high-end role player. The ceiling for OG is a poor man's Kawhi but he really lacks fluidity to his game and it is doubtful he will have either the 'IT' factor or the handles to even reach that mark. I disagree though that you can't have a high-end role player as part of a core. Most NBA championship level teams have one. GSW - Iggy. Cle - Tristan Thompson. Boston - Perkins.

Right now we're being built more like Denver - 1 superstar level player, a couple borderline All-stars and a bunch of really good role players. I would take that.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#332 » by Asif16 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:11 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:Where's Siakam been I haven't seen him on Rico's story since like last week

He's taking another vacay break. Last time I checked he was in Florida somewhere.
andyckshin
Ballboy
And1: 59

Post#333 » by andyckshin » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:13 pm

You have given examples of previous championship teams with high end role players...why not reference a raptor one?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#334 » by tdotrep2 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:20 pm

OG has the potential to be a top 5 defender in the league, i recall last year him pressuring guys 4 feet beyond the 3pt line and stealing the ball or knocking it loose. Hes shown flashes of some moves or passes where you can see there is something to it. He just needs more playing time and further development.
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,917

Post#335 » by Vorticity » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:32 pm

Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
Vorticity
Head Coach

Post#336 » by Vorticity » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:40 pm

Freddy :lol:

"I Ain't no celebrity"

Zona Zoo wrote:

Russell Westbrook?

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,046

Post#337 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:41 pm

Big season for OG here. He will be given every opportunity for a major role with us this season and that's gotta be exciting for him.

I hope he really improves his game.
Vorticity
Head Coach

Post#338 » by Vorticity » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:52 pm

:lol:

Zona Zoo wrote:

Russell Westbrook?

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,759

Post#339 » by ItsDanger » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:48 pm

Payne looks like trash in that IG clip.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
15Years
Veteran
And1: 7,012

Post#340 » by 15Years » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:50 pm

Vorticity wrote:

Ramona "Never underestimate the heart of a champion (speaking of the warriors)".

Hi ramona meet the 2019 NBA champ Toronto Raptors.

Return to Toronto Raptors