ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: ATL: Westbrook traded for Chris Paul and picks, pg 51 

Post#1641 » by crkone » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:18 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:It’s not hard. If I see someone acting like a horses ass, I call them a horses ass.

If you rank Lebron in the list from classiest/good guys to the scum of the earth, he is probably in the 40%-tile (totally scientific) leaning towards classy/good human being. The amount of anger for him acting like a 'horse's ass' is pretty high IMO. How do you feel about Jordan? Jason Kidd? Charles Barkley? Larry Sanders? Ruben Patterson? Josh Jackson? JR Smith? OJ Mayo? Lebron wouldn't even ranked in my top 100 worst human beings that played in the NBA the last 10 years. He's in the James Harden/Russell Westbrook/Aaron Rodgers where I would hate to have a beer with the guys, but at least the worst they are doing is a being a dick every once in a while. They aren't severely physically or emotional hurting anyone.

Hell, Miles F-ing Plumlee has a longer rap sheet than Lebron:
Plumlee, Miles
SEP 7
Charge: Marijuana possession
Arrest Date: August 20, 2017
Franchise: Atlanta Hawks
Age 28
Details: Plumlee was charged with fifth degree marijuana possession following an arrest in Shelter Island, New York. No other details have been made public.

Lebron's just a classy guy out there.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,377

Post#1642 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:55 pm

Lol at the "Lebron's camp" being shocked by Griffin's comments. This is the kind of crap that makes people roll their eyes at Lebron and his constant PR spin machine, not the hyper-Dad stuff. As if he wasn't a large reason for a bunch of the terrible personnel decisions and contracts that the front office handed out during that time.

As per the "he's just not the same animal anymore" comment, people have been saying this stuff for more than a decade regarding his motivation. He said when he was 19-20 years old that he wanted to be the first billionaire athlete. I've always thought that Lebron was just as much interested in being a mogul as he was being a great basketball player, and what he's done the last several years does seem to indicate that's where his priorities are.

And guess what?......There's nothing really wrong with that. IMO Kareem's first priority wasn't basketball, it was social activism. Wilt loved the lifestyle probably more than he loved the game. Didn't stop either of those guys from being Top-5 players ever, just like Lebron will probably go down as.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,574

Post#1643 » by chonestown » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:12 pm

FWIW my first priority wasn't being a top-level poster but the zeitgeist and no small amount of genetically-endowed talent have conspired to place me at the peak of this trash heap. Is it a blessing? Is it a curse? It simply is what it is, baby.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1644 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:04 pm

Giannis Antetokounmpo: Classy Guy!

MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1645 » by crkone » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:07 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Giannis Antetokounmpo: Classy Guy!

I mean one was a teenager. The other was a grown man pouting about someone playing him hard. :lol:

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#1646 » by Jez2983 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:10 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Giannis Antetokounmpo: Classy Guy!

I get the point you're trying to make but I'm also sure I don't need to point out the obvious experience difference along with the sense of retribution for Dunleavys previous acts in the series. LeBron was being petty.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#1647 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:27 pm

Giannis was an adult (20, not a teenager) who made a flagrantly vicious play against his opponent. Much more dangerous than what LeBron did to him (for both Giannis and Dunleavy), which is a move you see all the time in basketball on box-outs when players get annoyed or pissed off about something.

I'm not holding it against either guy. But if you're passing judgement on LeBron's class for what he did and absolving Giannis then you're just being a hypocrite.
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,832

Post#1648 » by Dick Tate » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:40 pm

Don’t really care about LeBron being a dick but curious why Plumlee would be considered a dick for fifth degree possession. What’s that, a joint?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,377

Post#1649 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:57 pm

Yeah, I'm absolutely "absolving" Giannis of what he did to Dunleavy, because Dunleavy is a dirty piece of **** and probably deserved to get punched in the mouth (ya know, like what he did to MCW).
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1650 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:00 pm

chonestown wrote:FWIW my first priority wasn't being a top-level poster but the zeitgeist and no small amount of genetically-endowed talent have conspired to place me at the peak of this trash heap. Is it a blessing? Is it a curse? It simply is what it is, baby.

Welcome to the self actualized among us.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1651 » by crkone » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:14 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I'm absolutely "absolving" Giannis of what he did to Dunleavy, because Dunleavy is a dirty piece of **** and probably deserved to get punched in the mouth (ya know, like what he did to MCW).

Giannis also apologized and feels embarrassed he did that as a 20 year and 4 month old( :D ). LeBron just plays hard and tries to break ankles with temper tantrum stomps. Respect the King.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1652 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Aug 2, 2019 4:06 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I'm absolutely "absolving" Giannis of what he did to Dunleavy, because Dunleavy is a dirty piece of **** and probably deserved to get punched in the mouth (ya know, like what he did to MCW).

Didn’t this happen just a couple plays before the tackle?

https://vine.co/v/e7neQHjgql6/
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,836

Post#1653 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Aug 2, 2019 7:32 pm

crkone wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:It’s not hard. If I see someone acting like a horses ass, I call them a horses ass.

If you rank Lebron in the list from classiest/good guys to the scum of the earth, he is probably in the 40%-tile (totally scientific) leaning towards classy/good human being. The amount of anger for him acting like a 'horse's ass' is pretty high IMO. How do you feel about Jordan? Jason Kidd? Charles Barkley? Larry Sanders? Ruben Patterson? Josh Jackson? JR Smith? OJ Mayo? Lebron wouldn't even ranked in my top 100 worst human beings that played in the NBA the last 10 years. He's in the James Harden/Russell Westbrook/Aaron Rodgers where I would hate to have a beer with the guys, but at least the worst they are doing is a being a dick every once in a while. They aren't severely physically or emotional hurting anyone.

Plumlee, Miles
SEP 7
Age 28
Details: Plumlee was charged with fifth degree marijuana possession following an arrest in Shelter Island, New York. No other details have been made public.

Its a little small for me but what did lebron do besides giving an extra shove? Is it that he got pushed into another defender and the risk of getting injured.
Classy

Does this man have no shame?
crkone
RealGM

Post#1654 » by crkone » Fri Aug 2, 2019 7:49 pm

Spoiler:
crkone wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:If you rank Lebron in the list from classiest/good guys to the scum of the earth, he is probably in the 40%-tile (totally scientific) leaning towards classy/good human being. The amount of anger for him acting like a 'horse's ass' is pretty high IMO. How do you feel about Jordan? Jason Kidd? Charles Barkley? Larry Sanders? Ruben Patterson? Josh Jackson? JR Smith? OJ Mayo? Lebron wouldn't even ranked in my top 100 worst human beings that played in the NBA the last 10 years. He's in the James Harden/Russell Westbrook/Aaron Rodgers where I would hate to have a beer with the guys, but at least the worst they are doing is a being a dick every once in a while. They aren't severely physically or emotional hurting anyone.

Plumlee, Miles
SEP 7
Age 28

Its a little small for me but what did lebron do besides giving an extra shove? Is it that he got pushed into another defender and the risk of getting injured.
Classy

You don't see the foot stomp?

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,836

Post#1655 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Aug 2, 2019 7:54 pm

crkone wrote:
Spoiler:
crkone wrote:

Classy

I see him lifting his leg while Giannis's leg is on it, LBJ forcibly pulling it to free his leg and his momentum causing his foot to stomp the floor...not Giannis. I would think if LBJ was foot stomping someone, he would've got him and it would've caused damage. You honestly think LBJ is trying to injure Giannis in that play? Yeah it was an unnecessary "get off" me leg movement, but the force is pushing Giannis leg out and away, not coming down on it for what I can tell.

ETA: Is there a point when Giannis's leg and foot is below LBJ's foot? How can you stomp on something that is above your foot?
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#1656 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:01 pm

Classy guy gives classless guy who tried to "curb stomp" him ringing endorsement:

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,932

Post#1657 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1658 » by crkone » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:02 pm

crkone wrote:
Spoiler:
Classy

I see him lifting his leg while Giannis's leg is on it, LBJ forcibly pulling it to free his leg and his momentum causing his foot to stomp the floor...not Giannis. I would think if LBJ was foot stomping someone, he would've got him and it would've caused damage. You honestly think LBJ is trying to injure Giannis in that play? Yeah it was an unnecessary "get off" me leg movement, but the force is pushing Giannis leg out and away, not coming down on it for what I can tell.

He was staring at Giannis the whole time to get his attention while Giannis was falling while Giannis was still focusing on the play. The stomp was absolutely aimed at Giannis but he quickly got up to get back on defense. The get off was fairly tame while the stomp was ridiculously forceful. It was an **** move by the King with intention.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#1659 » by crkone » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:04 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Classy guy gives classless guy who tried to "curb stomp" him ringing endorsement:

Read on Twitter

What does this have to do with a classless act on the court?

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,932

Post#1660 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:06 pm

Some of you guys need to take a break. Come back when camp opens.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks