Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,616

Re: The Newer-est Video Game Thread 

Post#21 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Varejao17 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Varejao17 wrote:I played a lot more sports games (fifa and nba 2k) than I play now, and the main reason is theyre always trying to make you buy coins and stuffs like that, the game itself is already very very expensive here in Brasil. I bought FIFA 19 and NBA 2k19 but only played once . Im not a fan of playing online. I’m an RPG fan, so I play The Witcher 3 and Skyrim a lot. Just finished Bloodborne (VERY HARD GAME) and decided to give Dark Souls a run.

I love Witcher 3, probably best game ever made. I tried Skyrim many times, but I always end up hating it, I just love idea of loving it, as there are many mecahnics I love, but I cant overlook that game's shortcomings.

I agree with you on what you said about Witcher 3, but Skyrim is a masterpiece sir, I played it on PS3, PS4 and Switch, of course it have its flaws due its age, but it’s a huge free game, as free as they come. Can’t wait for Elder Scrolls VI.

I have love hate relationship with Skyrim, I played a lot of it, its very addictive at first, maybe I just have too big a standard, because I had fun hours with it and maybe I just burned out at the end, but hate conquers the love of that game all the time.

I love dynamic world of SKyrim, I love that NPCs do their own thing, I love leveling system, I love you can loot everything out of anyone. I hate everything else, Gameplay is so bad and they are so inept and character development. There is no depth behind any NPC, they literally could be cardboard cutouts and it wouldnt be a downgrade. Look, every quest in every RPG is you being directed from point A to point B. But Skyrim is so inept at hiding that fact, every time I play that game and do quest, I realize that i am not invested in anything, I just follow the marker. Its just following the marker The game.
Skyrim legit makes me depressed when I play. That game feels so much like an MMO to me, but its single player, so to me when I play SKyrim it feels like I play MMO but I am the only player in the world that plays it, and that makes me depressed. It makes me feel like I have wasted my time.

But that said, talking about it, makes me want to try it again, because I love some mechanics very much and I do want to love that game, I really do, I just dont. And even tho i hate Bethesda RPGs, I cant stand Fallout as well, I do look forward to new elder Scroll game, I will try it out.

I will say, in my opinion, creating your own character and being ''nobody in the panties'' mechanic is outdated and not fun anymore. I used to love being able to create my own character, but not anymore. i realized that being Red Prince in divinity II, or being Geralt of Rivia, or commander Sheppard of Normandy is much more fun and far more investing that being your own guy who spawned from nowhere. Thats the other reason why I dont like Bethesda RPGs.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#22 » by UcanUwill » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:45 pm

age of wonders III was free on steam yesterday, not sure if it still is. Pretty interesting game, gonna monitor this franchise since Heroes of might and magic is beyond washed up.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#23 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:12 pm

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#24 » by Calinks » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:15 pm

I'm getting into VR boys! Getting an Oculus quest. Really excited as I have tried VR a few times and its awesome, just never wanted to invest in a gaming PC and then buy a headset of top of that. The quest is a stand alone VR package. Still cost some dough at $400 bucks but its basically its own console, plus no wires. One thing I am excited about is getting exercise while playing a game. A lot of these games give you a really good cardio work out!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#25 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:25 am

UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#26 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:23 am

really waiting for new FIFA and NBA 2k.

With FIFA 20 (i havent played last years one) I hope they havent messed the gameplay as FIFA 18 gameplay was great, but I have few major gripes/ propolsals

what I hate in 18 career mode, is that the games in other leagues outside your reach arent being simulated. You can check how other leagues are doing at any time of the season, but guess what, its all a lie, they simulate results just for that moment, you sim few days later, check again and their results will be completely different, the whole idea that every league being simmed why you play is a complete lie. Thats why I also hate loaning players to other leagues, because when I loan a player, I like seeing how he does, his stats and stuff. Not to mention other leagues players never get fatigued or injured, you dealing with domestic and champions league scheduled and your oponents from other leagues simply dont.

The whole player training system is way OP. Reduce the impact of it, and if you allow players have those practices, make NPC teams have ones as well... Now I am 18 years into my career mode, and every other good player is originaly from my academy that I trained. Makes more value into loaning, because hey, club that loans a player might train him.

Make so sort of way to see injured players in your league and worldwide. Also, players who won trophies and their stats should be highlighted in their page forever. as of now there is no emergion.

now to 2k20. Just make gameplay playable. last years thing had so many problems, it was hard but not in a good way, but in cheap way. And for how many features single player GM mde has, its not tested at all and gets broken too fast. i am convinced that game is tested only for multiplayer purposes, why then when you actually play 12 min quarters there are so many injuries, why there are so bugs in myGM mode?

stop making Mycareer stories altogether, those are unbearable, its such a waste of resources. Its by far the most cringy mode in gaming. and if you do, why does that mode provides no challenge, you literally becoma a GOAT in your rookie year, why is that fun, its like RPG if you could kill everything with i hit from the very beginning.

And speaking of My GM mode, 2k must realize that some trade chips has NEGATIVE value. As of today, everyone has positive value. Yes, its hard to trade half star value player, but AI still thinks its a positive, when in reality some contracts is pure negative, you need include goods to just get rid of it. 2k just doesnt realize or incapable of this. Guys like Wiggins or Parsons should be negative 2/3 trade value, not positive 0.5, get your heads out of your ass.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Klomp » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:46 am

UcanUwill wrote:stop making Mycareer stories altogether, those are unbearable, its such a waste of resources. Its by far the most cringy mode in gaming. and if you do, why does that mode provides no challenge, you literally becoma a GOAT in your rookie year, why is that fun, its like RPG if you could kill everything with i hit from the very beginning.

It's like there's a disconnect between player ratings, playing time, how they actually perform on the court and how quickly they can improve.

You start out as a 65 rating, but if you have good control of your player you can play as if you're an 80 overall and quickly ascend the depth chart. This may also be aided by having constant control of your player. If you don't call plays, you can essentially freelance your way to major performances almost instantly.

For example, I'm about 4/5ths of the way through my rookie season. I was an all-star, I'm leading my team in scoring and assists, and I have the Lakers at a 64-3 record. Oh, but my player isn't even up to an 80 overall. And I have like 4-5 endorsements already. If I was a high pick, that might be possible, but I thought I was supposed to be an undrafted no-name who worked his way up from China and the G League.

Also think the practice/training factors into the rapid improvement, if you use it. It's unrealistic that you can go to practice between every game, even in a back-to-back.

As for the stories, yeah I always skip through as much as I can. And I've realized that as long as your teammate chemistry is over 90%, it makes more sense to answer questions selfishly/cocky to improve your fan popularity, which feeds endorsements, which again aid unrealistically rapid improvement.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#28 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Klomp wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:stop making Mycareer stories altogether, those are unbearable, its such a waste of resources. Its by far the most cringy mode in gaming. and if you do, why does that mode provides no challenge, you literally becoma a GOAT in your rookie year, why is that fun, its like RPG if you could kill everything with i hit from the very beginning.

It's like there's a disconnect between player ratings, playing time, how they actually perform on the court and how quickly they can improve.

You start out as a 65 rating, but if you have good control of your player you can play as if you're an 80 overall and quickly ascend the depth chart. This may also be aided by having constant control of your player. If you don't call plays, you can essentially freelance your way to major performances almost instantly.

For example, I'm about 4/5ths of the way through my rookie season. I was an all-star, I'm leading my team in scoring and assists, and I have the Lakers at a 64-3 record. Oh, but my player isn't even up to an 80 overall. And I have like 4-5 endorsements already. If I was a high pick, that might be possible, but I thought I was supposed to be an undrafted no-name who worked his way up from China and the G League.

Also think the practice/training factors into the rapid improvement, if you use it. It's unrealistic that you can go to practice between every game, even in a back-to-back.

As for the stories, yeah I always skip through as much as I can. And I've realized that as long as your teammate chemistry is over 90%, it makes more sense to answer questions selfishly/cocky to improve your fan popularity, which feeds endorsements, which again aid unrealistically rapid improvement.

Sport games gamers truly are the biggest gaming idiots IMO with all due respect. They made paid loot boxes a thing and they always whine when offline game mode provides challenge and is actually hard.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#29 » by minimus » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Have anyone tried new iPadOS with Xbox or PS4 controllers?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#30 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 2, 2019 11:46 pm

Started up a new 2K19 My League. One where I just sim and watch games like I have been doing with College Hoops. Picked the wolves and have been doing random historic draft classes. After year 1 I picked the 95 draft to get a rookie KG. Traded everything I could to get picks and tank while still keeping some key guys. Moved Wiggins for a shorter contract.

So I get KG, core is him, Towns, Covington. Hire a A+ coach.

Even still for then next couple of seasons we struggle. We are always middling. We make the playoffs but always as a 6-8th seed and we keep losing in the first round. I do a few regular draft classes during this time and use my mid first on Euro stash shooting wings mostly.

One of the drafts where I have the 22 pick there is this 7'3 center who was rated like 78 with good potential, don't know how the hell he dropped that far but I took him in a heart beat. He backs up Towns and is great. Defensive minded and I train up his block. Two of my Euro wings panned out to be really good shooting role player/scorers.

Fast forward to about year 5 of the rebuild and we are having the best season yet. Dennis Schroeder was my starting PG for a long time and did well but could never get us over the hump. Moved him for a pick and super old Chris Paul who was serviceable for that one season.

Free agency filled out the roster, including starting PG with guys who fit the system. Now have a well oiled machine of a team. KAT and Kg in their younger primes. Euro sharp shooters coming off the bench. Roco as the aged veteran 10th man. Leach the 7'3 monster who comes in when KAT sits down. And yea, we just drafted Reggie Miller as our starting 2-guard. On top of all that I am super stock piled with first rounders because I constantly traded anything of value that I had to pay a lot of money for.

Currently leading the NBA two months into the season, should be the beginning of a franchise.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Klomp » Fri Aug 2, 2019 11:49 pm

Calinks wrote:Started up a new 2K19 My League. One where I just sim and watch games like I have been doing with College Hoops. Picked the wolves and have been doing random historic draft classes. After year 1 I picked the 95 draft to get a rookie KG. Traded everything I could to get picks and tank while still keeping some key guys. Moved Wiggins for a shorter contract.

So I get KG, core is him, Towns, Covington. Hire a A+ coach.

Even still for then next couple of seasons we struggle. We are always middling. We make the playoffs but always as a 6-8th seed and we keep losing in the first round. I do a few regular draft classes during this time and use my mid first on Euro stash shooting wings mostly.

One of the drafts where I have the 22 pick there is this 7'3 center who was rated like 78 with good potential, don't know how the hell he dropped that far but I took him in a heart beat. He backs up Towns and is great. Defensive minded and I train up his block. Two of my Euro wings panned out to be really good shooting role player/scorers.

Fast forward to about year 5 of the rebuild and we are having the best season yet. Dennis Schroeder was my starting PG for a long time and did well but could never get us over the hump. Moved him for a pick and super old Chris Paul who was serviceable for that one season.

Free agency filled out the roster, including starting PG with guys who fit the system. Now have a well oiled machine of a team. KAT and Kg in their younger primes. Euro sharp shooters coming off the bench. Roco as the aged veteran 10th man. Leach the 7'3 monster who comes in when KAT sits down. And yea, we just drafted Reggie Miller as our starting 2-guard. On top of all that I am super stock piled with first rounders because I constantly traded anything of value that I had to pay a lot of money for.

Currently leading the NBA two months into the season, should be the beginning of a franchise.

Read on Twitter
/photo/1

MyLeague is one mode I haven't messed with yet.

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#32 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:48 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Sport games gamers truly are the biggest gaming idiots IMO with all due respect. They made paid loot boxes a thing and they always whine when offline game mode provides challenge and is actually hard.

I worked in the video game industry for 13 years and was the original game reviewer for Game Informer magazine. I appreciate a good sports game now and then. People that only play sports video games IMO are really missing out.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#33 » by Calinks » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:57 pm

Agree KGdaBom. Love/loved Game Informer btw if I haven't said so already.

I like Sports games too. they aren't my favorite games but I love taking my team (mainly the wolves) and either building them up or making a player and doing a career.

I actually do like the stories as I think its a fun fantasy but the stories usually are not good. I'd like a really serious story with lots of trials and tribulations and struggle. Like a story where you get injured or cut, and really do have to work your way up, not just magically jump to being in the NBA and starting in 10 games.

That said a lot of people have no patience for that and it would be pretty time consuming. I think the big problem is that usually you aren't really playing basketball in these modes. You are hot dogging and the game is designed to play around you doing that. I'd actually like it if I had teammates that really took over and carried the load while I filled a role. Generally though your teammates start to play like crap so you can be the super hero who drops 40 points every game.

Something cool is I got a free copy of Madden this year so I'm excited to check that out. Heard the story was decent.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#34 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 4, 2019 4:37 am

Calinks wrote:Agree KGdaBom. Love/loved Game Informer btw if I haven't said so already.

I like Sports games too. they aren't my favorite games but I love taking my team (mainly the wolves) and either building them up or making a player and doing a career.

I actually do like the stories as I think its a fun fantasy but the stories usually are not good. I'd like a really serious story with lots of trials and tribulations and struggle. Like a story where you get injured or cut, and really do have to work your way up, not just magically jump to being in the NBA and starting in 10 games.

That said a lot of people have no patience for that and it would be pretty time consuming. I think the big problem is that usually you aren't really playing basketball in these modes. You are hot dogging and the game is designed to play around you doing that. I'd actually like it if I had teammates that really took over and carried the load while I filled a role. Generally though your teammates start to play like crap so you can be the super hero who drops 40 points every game.

Something cool is I got a free copy of Madden this year so I'm excited to check that out. Heard the story was decent.

I'm a big RPG guy and loved many like the final fantasies and Star Wars Knights of the old Republic, but I also enjoy shooters, fighters action platform games like Sonic and Mario.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#35 » by Calinks » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:30 pm

Looks like May Moore may suit up in 2019 after all!

Read on Twitter
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 pm

What's your favorite MyPlayer archetypes?

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#37 » by Calinks » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:40 pm

I don't know specifically. I just always go with the guy who has speed and length. I can pretty much build whatever big I want to be off of that.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#38 » by Calinks » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:46 am

This is just cool man.

Gears 5 awarded first AAA game to get a perfect score for accessibility

Read on Twitter
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 6, 2019 9:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#40 » by Calinks » Fri Sep 6, 2019 10:49 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yea that's horrible. 2K needs to step it up hah!

Anyone get the game yet? I actually think this is the first year I am going to hold off for a while. So many other games have a grip on me, just gonna kick back and maybe get 2K around the start of the season. Will probably go on sale before then anyway.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves