Aron Baynes news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Re: Welcome Aron Baynes! 

Post#21 » by Frank Lee » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:35 am

He’s an asset
I hope he buys in. We need him. He’s going to get playing time in a contract year. So he has to tough it out in Scottsdale?? Come on mate. Never met a big kiwi I didn’t like. He’s a good add on if he sticks
What ? Me Worry ?
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#22 » by nevetsov » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:52 am

Frank Lee wrote:He’s an asset
I hope he buys in. We need him. He’s going to get playing time in a contract year. So he has to tough it out in Scottsdale?? Come on mate. Never met a big kiwi I didn’t like. He’s a good add on if he sticks

Small kiwis are a different story though hey Frank? :P

(Waiting for Tastic to see this...)
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#23 » by Spin Move » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 am

I am a former Mod on the Celitcs board who lives in Scottsdale, Baynes is exactly what this team needs. He will bring a toughness and intensity and he was loved in the locker room in Boston. He will teach Ayton how to work and be a great glue guy, exactly the thing this team needed (outside of a good point guard and apparently a better GM). I think the suns will be much better this year and Baynes if they get a point guard they could around double last years win total between the improvement of the bench and the growth of young players.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#24 » by suns12345 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:14 am

Spin Move wrote:I am a former Mod on the Celitcs board who lives in Scottsdale, Baynes is exactly what this team needs. He will bring a toughness and intensity and he was loved in the locker room in Boston. He will teach Ayton how to work and be a great glue guy, exactly the thing this team needed (outside of a good point guard and apparently a better GM). I think the suns will be much better this year and Baynes if they get a point guard they could around double last years win total between the improvement of the bench and the growth of young players.

Stick around mate

We need some positivity around here
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#25 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Spin Move wrote:I am a former Mod on the Celitcs board who lives in Scottsdale, Baynes is exactly what this team needs. He will bring a toughness and intensity and he was loved in the locker room in Boston. He will teach Ayton how to work and be a great glue guy, exactly the thing this team needed (outside of a good point guard and apparently a better GM). I think the suns will be much better this year and Baynes if they get a point guard they could around double last years win total between the improvement of the bench and the growth of young players.

Rumor was he was hoping to be traded to a contender though. You think he will be happy here or would prefer to be elsewhere? I imagine he will want to sign somewhere else after this season.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#26 » by Frank Lee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:25 pm

Spin Move applauding the move yet finger in the eye to Jones ....’apparently a better GM’

At least we stepped outside the Boston FO talent pool w Jones
What ? Me Worry ?
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#27 » by Spin Move » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:45 am

Frank Lee wrote:Spin Move applauding the move yet finger in the eye to Jones ....’apparently a better GM’

I like the fit of Baynes I don't like his other moves. Trading a good player for Warren for space moving down for Mirotic picking another limited upside 3 in Cam a year after we Draft bridges and will probably re-sign oubre, If you are dumping Warrens salary then adding thy salories of the 2 bigs makes no sense. I like the player and fit in Baynes, heck I even like the fit of the floor spacing Saric on offense next to Ayton. However waiting till the 20s to draft a pg.

Baynes is a team player he wont be a problem in the locker room he just goes jard no matter what so effort wont be an Issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#28 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:54 am

Spin Move wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:Spin Move applauding the move yet finger in the eye to Jones ....’apparently a better GM’

I like the fit of Baynes I don't like his other moves. Trading a good player for Warren for space moving down for Mirotic picking another limited upside 3 in Cam a year after we Draft bridges and will probably re-sign oubre, If you are dumping Warrens salary then adding thy salories of the 2 bigs makes no sense. I like the player and fit in Baynes, heck I even like the fit of the floor spacing Saric on offense next to Ayton. However waiting till the 20s to draft a pg.

Baynes is a team player he wont be a problem in the locker room he just goes jard no matter what so effort wont be an Issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

I feel ya
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,798

Post#29 » by Saberestar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:45 am

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#30 » by Saberestar » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:41 pm

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#31 » by Saberestar » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:42 am

“Our league was amazing at Washington State,” Bennett said about the Pac-12. “What Aron did for us, he was so physical. He would get people open with the best screens I’ve seen. He would run the floor. He’d get on the glass and he’d finish.”

Baynes brought those same physical gifts from college to the NBA as one of the toughest post players in the league. Beyond the size and strength of the 260-pounder, his hustle and determination are unlike other players his size.

“He’ll die trying,” Bennett said. “He just keeps going and going. He’s relentless with his pursuit of things offensively and defensively. That’s a rare quality in players. Most of them are first effort, maybe second effort guys, but Baynes is first, second, third. That’s huge.”

Baynes may not be the type of player that stuffs the stat sheet every night, but he’ll always make the opposing team feel his presence on the court, literally and physically.

“People will look twice when he’s around. He’s either about to challenge me and be physical or he’s going to set a legal hard screen,” Bennett said. “You’re aware of his presence and he gets guys turning their head a little bit and figuring out where he is. That’s a good thing.”

The big man joins the Suns after making the playoffs in six of his seven seasons in the league, including winning an NBA Championship with the San Antonio Spurs in 2014. Bennett believes that besides just Bayne’s experience, who he is as a person will be a perfect fit as a leader inside the Suns locker room.

“His journey has been good,” Bennett said. “There’s no substitute for experience. I know Monty [Williams]. He’s serious and so is James Jones. They’re serious about a winning culture and trying to make sure that the character and the culture is at a high level. Ty and Baynes, those are high character guys.”

https://www.nba.com/suns/features/aron-baynes-one-nbas-most-physical-players
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#32 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:20 pm

It will be very nice if he gives Ayton a lesson in screening and Ayton improves in that department.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#33 » by Saberestar » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:07 am

Read on Twitter
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#34 » by Crives » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:49 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m sure he’s got 99 strength and 99 screen though
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#35 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:13 am

Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m sure he’s got 99 strength and 99 screen though

It's probably how he got his rating to a lofty 75 :lol:
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#36 » by Saberestar » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#37 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:28 am

Watched the game last night. The guy is super physical, sets great screens, can shoot 3's and is just a presence inside.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#38 » by Saberestar » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:02 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Watched the game last night. The guy is super physical, sets great screens, can shoot 3's and is just a presence inside.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Solid backup C who is an upgrade over Holmes.
The only two things that bothers me a bit about him are his age and wanting to play for a playoff/contender team.

But he is showing in these scrimmages that he is in very good shape, so it looks like his age will not be a problem next season.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#39 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:18 pm

Baynes and Bogut, alternating at Center, really put the hurt on Team USA a couple of days ago, scoring 29 points on 17 shots and collecting 13 rebounds, including 4 offensive. I think Baynes will be an excellent backup center for the Suns. He's got better late in his career with the addition of a credible three point shot to his physical inside game.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#40 » by bigfoot » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Shoe in for the Majerle Hustle Award

Return to Phoenix Suns