RealGM
And1: 10,821

Re: ATL: Westbrook traded for Chris Paul and picks, pg 51 

Post#1661 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:09 pm

crkone wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
crkone wrote:
You don't see the foot stomp?

I see him lifting his leg while Giannis's leg is on it, LBJ forcibly pulling it to free his leg and his momentum causing his foot to stomp the floor...not Giannis. I would think if LBJ was foot stomping someone, he would've got him and it would've caused damage. You honestly think LBJ is trying to injure Giannis in that play? Yeah it was an unnecessary "get off" me leg movement, but the force is pushing Giannis leg out and away, not coming down on it for what I can tell.

He was staring at Giannis the whole time to get his attention while Giannis was falling while Giannis was still focusing on the play. The stomp was absolutely aimed at Giannis but he quickly got up to get back on defense. The get off was fairly tame while the stomp was ridiculously forceful. It was an **** move by the King with intention.

There was definitely a stomp. But I don't see any intent to land on Giannis.
Show me a screen shot where at any point Giannis's leg was underneath lebron during the 'stomp'. It was definitely I'm bigger and stronger gesture, but you are making it out to be a move that could've injured Giannis.
Again, I see Lebron (with his leg) move Giannis leg away from LBJ. Then stomping the open ground in the space he had just cleared. Is it a "Come on, just play the game" moment? Yes. Is LBJ the scum of the earth for trying to intimidate Giannis? No. At no point did I see him trying to injure Giannis beside a couple shoves that happen every single play and more has to do with LBJ being so strong compared to other players.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1662 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:09 pm

crkone wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:Classy guy gives classless guy who tried to "curb stomp" him ringing endorsement:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

What does this have to do with a classless act on the court?

I can't respond to that question b/c the assertion that it's a "classless act" is gross hyperbole. But I see MD is shutting this down so I'll leave it at that.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1663 » by TD75 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:11 pm

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Post#1664 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:17 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
crkone wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:Classy guy gives classless guy who tried to "curb stomp" him ringing endorsement:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

What does this have to do with a classless act on the court?

I can't respond to that question b/c the assertion that it's a "classless act" is gross hyperbole. But I see MD is shutting this down so I'll leave it at that.

Everyone has had their say in this old "news". Time to move on.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1665 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:18 pm

TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Some good games but not a good day for me to watch.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1666 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:19 pm

Read on Twitter

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/education/lebron-james-school-ohio.html
Interesting update. Promising (What LBJ is doing is working) and depressing (can't really scale it in our current political-basically increase school spending by 50%/having LBJ be personally involved with every school to inspire small children/families) at the same time. At the bare minimum, he changed 240 lives for the better. Could not care less if he looks like a selfish idiot dunking in lay-up lines.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1667 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:25 pm

Dick Tate wrote:Don’t really care about LeBron being a dick but curious why Plumlee would be considered a dick for fifth degree possession. What’s that, a joint?

I just found out that Plumlee got arrested for pot and was looking a way to incorporate it into my posts. I found it ridiculous Plumlee got arrested for anything and ridiculous someone got arrested for pot. No real agenda or judgment passed. Just more of a WTF is going on moment like when Ron Artest got pulled over in that ridiculous Indy car.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1668 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:07 pm

Guys, give the LeBron thing a rest.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#1669 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:09 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Guys, give the LeBron thing a rest.

Rich Paul trying to change the narrative again.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Post#1670 » by Chapter29 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:31 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I'm absolutely "absolving" Giannis of what he did to Dunleavy, because Dunleavy is a dirty piece of **** and probably deserved to get punched in the mouth (ya know, like what he did to MCW).

Yup. This.
Giannis
is
UponUs
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#1671 » by stellation » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:59 am

I realise the CBA is a pretty low level of competition, and Lance has made a name for himself in the NBA and is a big name get for them, but does his game translate to what you would expect for a guy you're paying $3 million to? I realise it's not a lot compared to NBA salaries, but I think the average import salary there is around $500k
#FreeChuckDiesel
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,980

Post#1672 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:05 am

So while sitting at the O'Hare Chili's I discovered a basketball tournament called "The Basketball Tournament." Winner take all - $2,000,000. A Marquette alumni team featuring Travis Diener has made the final four.
wapith
Junior
And1: 164

Post#1673 » by wapith » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:38 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:So while sitting at the O'Hare Chili's I discovered a basketball tournament called "The Basketball Tournament." Winner take all - $2,000,000. A Marquette alumni team featuring Travis Diener has made the final four.

The whole tournament is filled with memorable college players. The Ohio State team looks good. The Wisconsin alumni team got bounced in the 1st round as a 2 seed. Though Hayes and Happ had to bail at last minute.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#1674 » by MVP2110 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:03 am

I thought for sure Portland would get a Christmas day game. With a star like Dame and just making the WCF, would seem to make sense
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1675 » by Bucksfan28 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:25 am

The xmas day lineup highlights the imbalance of power between the conferences. And I get wanting to give exposure to the Pels but wish that spot wouldve gone to Portland or Utah.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#1676 » by Oscar71 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:37 am

wapith wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:So while sitting at the O'Hare Chili's I discovered a basketball tournament called "The Basketball Tournament." Winner take all - $2,000,000. A Marquette alumni team featuring Travis Diener has made the final four.

The whole tournament is filled with memorable college players. The Ohio State team looks good. The Wisconsin alumni team got bounced in the 1st round as a 2 seed. Though Hayes and Happ had to bail at last minute.

TBT is worth checking out IMO. Decent off-season hoops. Diener just joined them before that last game in Chicago. Good luck to them in the final 4...
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#1677 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Aug 3, 2019 11:58 am

Oscar71 wrote:
wapith wrote:

TBT is worth checking out IMO. Decent off-season hoops. Diener just joined them before that last game in Chicago. Good luck to them in the final 4...

I actually have a Dwight Buycks Jersey from the first or second year of the TBT. A month or two after it’s over all the merch goes on sale. I bought it for like $20 lol.

Right now I only see this shirt and the Marquette team’s shorts in clearance.

https://tbtgear.com/collections/clearance/products/2015-sconnie-legends-t-shirt
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,067

Post#1678 » by Wisky4life » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:23 pm

Draymond Green with a 4 year $100 mil extension. Keeping the band together for a few more years.

All signs pointing to Russell getting traded at some point or their tax bill is going to be a nightmare.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,742

Post#1679 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:28 pm

No idea what to make of that extension.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 964

Post#1680 » by Ryan5UW » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:42 pm

wapith wrote:

Of course they did... it’s like muscle memory :wink:
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks