Starter
And1: 1,916

Re: 2020 PREDICTION: Clippers vs Jazz = Conference Finals 

Post#21 » by mudsak » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:53 pm

50CalClips wrote:
mudsak wrote:
50CalClips wrote:Jazz fans,
How do you see the L.A. Clippers?

I see the Clippers as winning the next 2 championships. They've got too much going for them to be beat. I'd say more than 2, but I think Giannis will put an end to the run.

I'm beyond impressed with what the Jazz FO has accomplished by assembling our roster, but the Clips have way too much.

That said... there are a lot of other great teams in the league this season. It's not going to be a cake walk for anyone.

The GIANT teams worry me for the Clippers. The 76ers, Lakers, Jazz, a couple of others who have skill/size, I could see giving the Clips trouble. Our guys, Zubac, Montrezl, JaMychal, have their limitations. Zubac is years away from gaining his man-strength... Montrezl is a back-up for a reason... JaMychal is a stretch-4 -- not bad, but an area that could be exploited.

The 76ers are a bit of an anomaly imo. They're constructed so differently from the rest of the league. I think they'll be a difficult opponent for a lot of teams. I don't think I can put the Jazz in that same category of "giant" teams. Gobert is a beast in the middle, and he's going to cause trouble for any team, but we're not big like the 6ers or Lakers. The Jazz have no one who can legitimately guard either PG or Kawhi. We lack a dominant athletic SF on our roster.

As for the Clips... I don't know man. I just think that team has all the parts for form like Voltron.

- budding young talent waiting to break out
- quality roll players
- 2 MVP caliber elite two-way players
- 3 of the best defensive wing players in the NBA (this is HUGE going into the playoffs)
- 2time 6MOY who can score at will from anywhere on the court...not a single team has an answer for that. Maybe Exum on the Jazz is a problem for Lou.

Lack of ball movement might be the only real weakness this Clips team could have imo.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Re: 2020 PREDICTION: Clippers vs Jazz = Conference Finals 

Post#22 » by Daddy 801 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:46 am

50CalClips wrote:
mudsak wrote:
50CalClips wrote:Jazz fans,
How do you see the L.A. Clippers?

I see the Clippers as winning the next 2 championships. They've got too much going for them to be beat. I'd say more than 2, but I think Giannis will put an end to the run.

I'm beyond impressed with what the Jazz FO has accomplished by assembling our roster, but the Clips have way too much.

That said... there are a lot of other great teams in the league this season. It's not going to be a cake walk for anyone.

The GIANT teams worry me for the Clippers. The 76ers, Lakers, Jazz, a couple of others who have skill/size, I could see giving the Clips trouble. Our guys, Zubac, Montrezl, JaMychal, have their limitations. Zubac is years away from gaining his man-strength... Montrezl is a back-up for a reason... JaMychal is a stretch-4 -- not bad, but an area that could be exploited.

If teams with size are the Clips kryptonite than Philly is the team to be scared of. I personally think they will be in the finals the next year easy.

Return to Utah Jazz