Post#81 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Aug 3, 2019 11:18 pm

Mattv wrote:Hawks

Steven Adams Abdel Nader

Bulls get
Chris Paull

Thunder get
ChandlerParsons OttoPorter Jr. Cristiano Felicio Bruno Fernando Daniel Gafford

1st round pick from Hawks.

Do the bulls really want CP3? I would think they are eager to start developing Coby White alongside Lauri and WCJ.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#82 » by Mattv » Sat Aug 3, 2019 11:52 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

Steven Adams Abdel Nader

Bulls get
Chris Paull

Thunder get

Do the bulls really want CP3? I would think they are eager to start developing Coby White alongside Lauri and WCJ.

I see Coby White more of a 2 guard right now but either way i think Paul could mentor him for a year or so..I read something about them working out over the summer and where friends so maybe the bulls would do it.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#83 » by spearsy23 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:41 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

Steven Adams Abdel Nader

Bulls get
Chris Paull

Thunder get

Do we really want... Anyone in that trade?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#84 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:33 am

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Steven Adams Abdel Nader

Bulls get
Chris Paull

Thunder get

I like OPJ a lot, honestly
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#85 » by spearsy23 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:51 am

Andre Roberstan wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

I like OPJ a lot, honestly

If we were trying to win I'd agree, but Adams provides some locker room stability and does things that will be helpful with a young team. Porter has had some issues and is just as poor of a contract. Like for like basically.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#86 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:45 am

Andre Roberstan wrote:I like OPJ a lot, honestly

Do you like him enough to hand him a max contract when he opts out after this season? I don't think Porter lines up with the time frame. He is 26 and will likely opt out to get a max that will cover his age 27-30 seasons. At that point if things have gone well OKC has maxed SGA and has two more young players that will be needing maxes soon plus quality role players. That means Porter, as the "old man" is let go as the team is starting to compete. If things go bad then Porter leaves at 30 because the team never got good enough and I can see some people blaming Porter's acquisition being something that kept them from being bad enough to pick high enough.

It is the type of move I could see them looking to make in two years. Right now they are wanting to trade Gallinari for more picks. Then wait for a solid offer from CP3 when a fringe playoff team decides to go for it or a lesser playoff team tries to move up a tier.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#87 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 5, 2019 10:06 am

Porter isn’t getting a max contract again unless he makes a huge jump. In that case he would be worth it. His current contract was a matter of good timing and partially based on potential that he would continue to develop.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#88 » by Balkman32 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:46 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Porter isn’t getting a max contract again unless he makes a huge jump. In that case he would be worth it. His current contract was a matter of good timing and partially based on potential that he would continue to develop.

He's a wing. He has a player option next year that he will opt out of because the FA market next year is week. This is the year the 2016 contracts come off the books. He has shot over 40% from 3 and 80% from the line. While playing for the Bulls he shot 48% from 3 and 90% from the line. Yeah he's goanna get a max offer. He will be a max free agent 100% count it.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#89 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:01 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Porter isn’t getting a max contract again unless he makes a huge jump. In that case he would be worth it. His current contract was a matter of good timing and partially based on potential that he would continue to develop.

He's a wing. He has a player option next year that he will opt out of because the FA market next year is week. This is the year the 2016 contracts come off the books. He has shot over 40% from 3 and 80% from the line. While playing for the Bulls he shot 48% from 3 and 90% from the line. Yeah he's goanna get a max offer. He will be a max free agent 100% count it.

His 90% free throw shooting was for 15 games that he played for the bulls. Hes a career 79% free throw shooter which is about what should be expected moving forward. Regardless, I don't think free throw shooting percentages will determine his contract. He's a really nice player but I can't see any team giving him a long term max contract. He's as close to Joe Harris as he is a max player. Although he hasn't missed a ton of games, he always seems to be dealing with a nagging injury. You can't pay max money to a player who gives you 14ppg unless they are elite at other things like Draymond Green. Hes a nice 3 & D player. Thats it.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#90 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:38 pm

This. Kizz, I think you're grossly overestimating what he'll make on his next deal.
Mattv
Junior

Post#91 » by Mattv » Mon Aug 5, 2019 11:25 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Steven Adams Abdel Nader

Bulls get
Chris Paull

Thunder get

I like everyone execpt Parsons and Felicio but there contract are up after the season is over two young bigs on cheap contracts that give 100% every play plus Otto Porter Jr and a 1st OKC would be crazy not to make this trade if they had a chance.
Mattv
Junior

Post#92 » by Mattv » Mon Aug 5, 2019 11:43 pm

Balkman32 wrote:

So the worse case scenario is he wants way to much money and Okc let's him walk or does a sign and trade. Either way will benefit the Thunder they would either open up a ton of cap space or bring in other assets.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Aug 5, 2019 11:51 pm

Mattv wrote:So the worse case scenario is he wants way to much money and Okc let's him walk or does a sign and trade. Either way will benefit the Thunder they would either open up a ton of cap space or bring in other assets.

If you want to clear the cap space you just let Gallinari expire. If you want assets you trade Gallinari for them. If you think Otto Porter can be one of your top 3 players and you are willing to give him the max and think he’ll stay in OKC then you trade for him.

There will be a lot of cap space next off-season and Porter will be one of the best players in a very weak FA class. He will get a max from a desperate team. I don’t believe he is worth a max, but that isn’t a requirement yo get one.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Mattv
Junior

Post#94 » by Mattv » Tue Aug 6, 2019 12:00 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Mattv wrote:So the worse case scenario is he wants way to much money and Okc let's him walk or does a sign and trade. Either way will benefit the Thunder they would either open up a ton of cap space or bring in other assets.

If you want to clear the cap space you just let Gallinari expire. If you want assets you trade Gallinari for them. If you think Otto Porter can be one of your top 3 players and you are willing to give him the max and think he’ll stay in OKC then you trade for him.

There will be a lot of cap space next off-season and Porter will be one of the best players in a very weak FA class. He will get a max from a desperate team. I don’t believe he is worth a max, but that isn’t a requirement yo get one.

If OKC lets Gallinari walk OKC would have 22 millon leaving the books if they make this trade and Otto walks we would have got 80+ Millon off the book plus 2 young Centers they need to develop on the offensive side of the ball but give great effort and a solid on defense plus a 1st. Sound like a win for OKC to me..
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:38 am

Mattv wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

If OKC lets Gallinari walk OKC would have 22 millon leaving the books if they make this trade and Otto walks we would have got 80+ Millon off the book plus 2 young Centers they need to develop on the offensive side of the ball but give great effort and a solid on defense plus a 1st. Sound like a win for OKC to me..

You ignored the part where they could trade Galinari for better assets than the crap package they get in this hypothetical. Why is Atlanta giving up a 1st for Adams? That makes no sense for them. However, suspending all believe and assuming that trade were possible the protections on the first would make it, at best, a late first in a few years. Gallinari will likely turn at least one late first in the 2020 or 2021 draft and possibly another 1st down the road or other quality asset.

I might be undervaluing the center prospects with the potential to be solid backups! It is hard to find those guys for the vet minimum, right?
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#96 » by spearsy23 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:05 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Mattv wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

You ignored the part where they could trade Galinari for better assets than the crap package they get in this hypothetical. Why is Atlanta giving up a 1st for Adams? That makes no sense for them. However, suspending all believe and assuming that trade were possible the protections on the first would make it, at best, a late first in a few years. Gallinari will likely turn at least one late first in the 2020 or 2021 draft and possibly another 1st down the road or other quality asset.

I might be undervaluing the center prospects with the potential to be solid backups! It is hard to find those guys for the vet minimum, right?

Gallo isn't in the proposed deal
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:25 am

spearsy23 wrote:Gallo isn't in the proposed deal

Somehow I read that very wrong. In that case the that deal is fine. However, if Porter proves his small sample from Chicago where he showed he could lead a team to a .500 record then OKC would be in terrible shape. Too good to get the 3rd player with their own picks, although the Miami pick would have a chance at giving them that shot. The best case would be to flip Porter. It really would only be useful if the plan was to flip Porter. Otherwise OKC stays in purgatory being too good to bottom out and short on talent to be a contender. Same place they have been and still are.

It really depends on if you think Atlanta's 1st and some mediocre prospects plus the return on Porter is more than you could get from moving CP3 and Adams separately after the season starts. It also has to do with rather or not Presti is even willing to move Adams at this point and not keep him as the Nick Collison type for this new team. Given the length of Adams' contract and how much center contract values have dropped the last few years I think Presti plans on keeping Adams on a MLE sized deal with the next contract which would price him right.
Mattv
Junior

Post#98 » by Mattv » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:28 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Mattv wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

I feel like Adams is exactly the kind of player the Hawks need he is still young enough to grow with there young team plus want take away touches from Reddish,Hunter or Young. Plus Adams settingscreens for Young and Reddish would be huge for them. Adams doesn't need the ball to help a team plus is a tough vet player to help mentor for the young Hawks. Okc is taking in 1 if not the worse contracts in the league in Parsons that's why I think they get the 1st. Oops I forget to mention Collins as well!
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#99 » by Balkman32 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:05 pm

I think the Thunder look at Adams and think hes the kind of guy that they want around this team. I doubt he is moved, unless its a really really good offer.
Mattv
Junior

Post#100 » by Mattv » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:27 pm

Balkman32 wrote:I think the Thunder look at Adams and think hes the kind of guy that they want around this team. I doubt he is moved, unless its a really really good offer.

I agree some what but at the same time he is overpaid so there's not going to be to good of a trade for him and would fit be better with a team that is that is there 3rd or 4 year Rebuilding not there 1st year like OKC is. Just my opinion.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder