ImageImage

ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 846

Re: ATL: Westbrook traded for Chris Paul and picks, pg 51 

Post#1701 » by pifhluk23 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 11:11 am

RRyder823 wrote:I get the potential aspect with Zion is through the roof but doesnt his entire skill set and build just scream bust in today's NBA?

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

He looks like a better Tractor Traylor to me. Apparently I'm wrong though, well see...
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1702 » by emunney » Sun Aug 4, 2019 1:53 pm

You guys know better than this. Being physically dominant never goes out of style.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1703 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:09 pm

I've never been so torn about a young player as I am with Zion. The guy can go from dominant genetic freak to fat guy who can't shoot without any warning.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,363

Post#1704 » by Ron Swanson » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:31 pm

emunney wrote:You guys know better than this. Being physically dominant never goes out of style.

This. The only issue to me that would prevent Zion from being a dominant two-way player in the mold of Giannis, Lebron, or David Robinson, is that he's not as freakishly long as any of those guys.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1705 » by leroyjw10 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:46 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
emunney wrote:You guys know better than this. Being physically dominant never goes out of style.

This. The only issue to me that would prevent Zion from being a dominant two-way player in the mold of Giannis, Lebron, or David Robinson, is that he's not as freakishly long as any of those guys.

He’s so thicc, though, that if he can’t go over he’ll just go through. Can you imagine that shoulder to the solarplex?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1706 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Aug 4, 2019 5:50 pm

Would not surprise me at all if Zion's a 20/9/4 guy his rookie year.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1707 » by LuessiT » Sun Aug 4, 2019 9:49 pm

I'm not sure what fans percieve as busts. Zion is a lock to be an above average starter barring any injury. That doesn't sound impressive but is a actually crazy. He's coming into the league and could help a playoff team. His offensive game will rely on him finding ways to get to the line or add to his repertoire. I could definately see where Zion averages 'just' 18 ppg but impacts the game in a big way. If that is a disappointment to some, so be it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#1708 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Aug 4, 2019 10:47 pm

Good stats on a bad team wouldn't surprise me.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#1709 » by AussieBuck » Sun Aug 4, 2019 11:08 pm

Roughly third year Giannis is my guess
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#1710 » by JEIS » Sun Aug 4, 2019 11:11 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:I get the potential aspect with Zion is through the roof but doesnt his entire skill set and build just scream bust in today's NBA?

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

He looks like a better Tractor Traylor to me. Apparently I'm wrong though, well see...

I was legit going to post almost the same thing yesterday. Tractor Traylor, if he reached his potential.

The Larry Johnson comparison is a good one too.

Zions walk seems really off. It seems like a John Henson like walk, like dude has one leg shorter than another or something. I think it makes me think he will have back issues, or be less athletic than a super star talent over the course of a lengthy career.

Dude is an athletic freak of nature. He will definately play the Bully Ball game.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1711 » by bizarro » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:56 am

Hell of a win by the Golden Eagles in the 'TBT Tournament' today. Very entertaining game. Lots of high quality fringe NBA play. Team Hines was big and very athletic and ol' man Diener hit two dagger 3's after the Elam rule went into effect. This being said, man, I really really enjoy Elgin Cook's game. I'd roll with he and Jamil Wilson 7 days a week in games like this. They just have a grit and grind mentality with smoothness. Wasn't Wilson's night. Cook was sensational. Final is Tuesday vs. the Buckeye's alumni. $2 Million on the line - split amongst the team and 'a fan'. AND, man, soooooo soooooo much better than 'The Big 3'.

Edit: For you schlepps who'd like a sneak peak at 'The Action'. Woot woot.

Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#1712 » by Aaron It Out » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:06 am

Was looking at the Marquette alum team page for TBT and they list the winning share for each player. Jerel McNeal is listed to get half of the $2M pot. What's up with that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#1713 » by bizarro » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:17 am

Aaron It Out wrote:Was looking at the Marquette alum team page for TBT and they list the winning share for each player. Jerel McNeal is listed to get half of the $2M pot. What's up with that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It’s a typo. He is slated for $100,000.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#1714 » by bizarro » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:23 am

So just so we’re keeping score:

The Pistons traded for our beloved 40 yo vet Thon Maker. They then traded for Invisible Tony Snell. They then picked up Christian Wood on waivers. AND, signed Tim Frazier.

Honestly, I’m shocked they didn’t nab Bonzi Colson before he crossed the Pond.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1715 » by raferfenix » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:52 pm

Iggy is still on the market either through a trade or if he gets bought out some time before training camp.

Here's Steve Kerr waxing poetic on how he felt after he was dealt and what he meant to the Warriors:

"That was a complete gut punch," Kerr said Tuesday on The Warriors Insider Podcast.

"I'm not going to lie. That was probably the most ... not even probably -- that was the most painful loss, in terms of a personnel move, that I've felt as a coach in my five years."

Kerr's trust in Iguodala was deep enough that, in some whispered circles, he was considered the coach's "pet." Kerr and Iguodala, University of Arizona products roughly 20 years apart, seemed to be members of their own secret society. There was a telepathy.

"Guys in this profession come and go pretty quickly. It's a very fluid business," Kerr said. "But for what Andre has meant to not only our team but to me personally, as a coach, for accepting his role, for mentoring younger players, for monitoring the bench and keeping everything going -- the respect that the stars had for him combined with his mentoring of the younger players -- Andre was the unsung hero of all of this.

"For him to move on was just devastating for me."

"Andre really embodied everything that I tried to teach to our players in terms of the culture, the unselfishness, the sacrifice," Kerr said. "He set the example in Year 1 by agreeing to come off the bench. He's a guy who has been able to relate to everybody, play any role we've asked him to play."

https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-kerr-reveals-why-warriors-154638604.html
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1716 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:49 pm

bizarro wrote:So just so we’re keeping score:

The Pistons traded for our beloved 40 yo vet Thon Maker. They then traded for Invisible Tony Snell. They then picked up Christian Wood on waivers. AND, signed Tim Frazier.

Honestly, I’m shocked they didn’t nab Bonzi Colson before he crossed the Pond.

Just like the NFC North. The rest of the division just picks up our scraps. Pistons can have Josh Jones, too, for all I care.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,089

Post#1717 » by DingleJerry » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:33 pm

LuessiT wrote:I'm not sure what fans percieve as busts. Zion is a lock to be an above average starter barring any injury. That doesn't sound impressive but is a actually crazy. He's coming into the league and could help a playoff team. His offensive game will rely on him finding ways to get to the line or add to his repertoire. I could definately see where Zion averages 'just' 18 ppg but impacts the game in a big way. If that is a disappointment to some, so be it.

This is where I'm at too. It seems to me he's at least assured to be solid NBA player with his motor, energy, athleticism. That's a heck of a worst case scenario to have (other than injury of course). But I do think the hype train is off the rails with the LBJ prospect comparisons or anything in the all time great type talk. Basically, as of now he's a 6'7 center. For someone who's going to have to live in the paint and at the rim being that short could be a big problem in the NBA in regards to becoming big time superstar level. Now, if he learns how to shoot. Look out.

For a player comp, think of Julius Randle right now as something Zion can probably step in right away and be close to that level/type of players. Probably better on D too. Now, can he go from that to superstar is a whole nother question. I wouldn't put it past him with what seems like a great attitude and work ethic. But, there is a lot he has to add.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1718 » by emunney » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:49 pm

Zion is going to wreak havoc defensively, in transition, and on the offensive boards. He's going to be a very difficult cover in the post. Nobody - *nobody* - in the league has his combination of strength and quickness. He's going to have foul and turnover problems from his aggression. But he's so physically overwhelming, even guys like Giannis are going to have some problems with him.

What he doesn't have is the natural playmaking feel that Giannis was seemingly born with. You could see even in his A2 footage, Giannis would take a dribble and throw a hook pass to an open shooter. Zion is not that kind of player, but he is going to end up getting assists because, like Giannis, he's going to draw a crowd, and, like Giannis, he's an unselfish high-level competitor.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,363

Post#1719 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:36 pm

Way too many people viewing Zion as just some raw athlete. People forget that they were talking about him as more of a SG/SF coming out of high school before he bulked up even more. He's always had a natural handle and ball skills which is pretty crazy for a guy his size. The jumper isn't there yet but unlike a guy like Ben Simmons, there's actually decent mechanics there to work with. You don't have to break down and build anything from the ground up with him. He's a natural basketball player.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#1720 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:38 pm

He's a bigger, taller Larry Johnson.

But Grandmama never had this type of weight issue at the start of his career.

He's not Tractor. Tractor never had this athleticism, speed and coordination.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks