ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News/Trades/Transactions - Bucks Fined $50K for Tampering LOL

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Xmas at Philly 

Post#141 » by LittleRooster » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:47 pm

Dick Tate wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
jschligs wrote:
So Brogdon really didn't even attempt a 3 with someone 4' or closer? Holy ****.

its why his numbers before he breaks down each year are kind of fake as ****

Partnow’s parting gift may have been advising the Bucks to pass on Brogdon.

I don’t get this. It wasn’t all he did to be successful. He took what was there. He could drive and score. He’ll be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Xmas at Philly 

Post#142 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:38 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
its why his numbers before he breaks down each year are kind of fake as ****

Partnow’s parting gift may have been advising the Bucks to pass on Brogdon.

I don’t get this. It wasn’t all he did to be successful. He took what was there. He could drive and score. He’ll be missed

for a mil a year to basically be a steve kerr who could also make a head down driving layup i dont deny that was good value. 4/85 would have been asinine and that's before you even address his inability to stay on the court

malcolm brogdon is not the only cheap sg in the league who can dribble and drive and make a wide open 3. we can find another
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#143 » by JayMKE » Sat Aug 3, 2019 5:31 pm

It's hard to believe Brogdon didn't take any 3s with anybody within 4', you'd think having slow release that it would give more time for guys to close. More than anything it tells me is that Malcolm was a smart player and didn't take bad shots. Just because some of you might think he got overpaid doesn't automatically make him trash, comparing him to Steve Kerr is ridiculous.
FREE GIANNIS
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#144 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:22 pm

Holy **** I hate this time of year for sports

The Bulls are the absolute worst.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#145 » by AussieBuck » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:30 pm

JayMKE wrote:It's hard to believe Brogdon didn't take any 3s with anybody within 4', you'd think having slow release that it would give more time for guys to close. More than anything it tells me is that Malcolm was a smart player and didn't bad shots. Just because some of you might think he got overpaid doesn't automatically make him trash, comparing him to Steve Kerr is ridiculous.

Anyone over 4 feet tall can cover Brogdon's release height from within 4 feet. He's a smart dude who's got around his release point for a long ass time. He knows when he's comfortable to shoot otherwise he's putting on the deck. Between him and Snell, Delly etc we've had some easy to close out dudes. Wes hasn't seen a shot he hasn't liked in years and Korver doesn't need any room and he's flying around the court to get open. Giannis will have playmaking on his mind all offseason and he's got dudes who are going to get him assists. Can't wait.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,014

Post#146 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:22 pm

JayMKE wrote:It's hard to believe Brogdon didn't take any 3s with anybody within 4', you'd think having slow release that it would give more time for guys to close. More than anything it tells me is that Malcolm was a smart player and didn't bad shots. Just because some of you might think he got overpaid doesn't automatically make him trash, comparing him to Steve Kerr is ridiculous.

Yeah, even if he doesn't improve/scale his stats, he is still a very good player that helps his team win and would've helped us win more than what we currently have. I don't think it would've been worth it to match/not get the pick, though.
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#147 » by Giannisland34 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:23 pm

I really like what Horst/Bud has done with the team this off season. I know there’s some disappointment but it was a rough off season and they handled it well. This years team looks better than last year team at the start of the season and they had the best record and 60 wins.

Bledsoe/ Hill/Mason2
Wes/ DDV/Patty
Middleton/Korver/Brown/Thanasis
Giannis/Ersan/Wilson/Cam2
Lopez/Lopez/Bender

Brown will see time at the 2 guard and DDV at the point too. I really think Wes still has it and will surprise a bunch of people like Brook last year.

This team has as good of a shot as any next year. They will still be the small market underdog with the LA teams and Philly grabbing all the attention and headlines.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#148 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:27 pm

Looking at the Warriors depth chart, think Sterling and Wilson could both have really significant roles in Golden State maybe not get off the bench in Milwaukee. Wonder what kinda picks they’d be willing to toss around.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#149 » by 4xBuck » Mon Aug 5, 2019 8:24 pm

LedZepp007 wrote:Holy **** I hate this time of year for sports,

Yeah, it sucks the Brewers went belly up in Wrigley, but it's a great time of year 110 miles up north... Thursday night is gonna be awesome!
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,348

Post#150 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Aug 5, 2019 9:27 pm

Where do y'all see the Bucks in terms of depth league-wide? Gotta be pretty dang high on the list of not topping it.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#151 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Aug 5, 2019 9:44 pm

Brogdon was an incredibly efficient scorer and had one of the most analytic friendly shot charts in the league last year. Last time I checked, 3 points is still 3 points, whether your foot is an inch behind the line or if it's 3 feet behind the line. So this whole idea of Wes Matthews bombing away from 28-feet sounds great in theory until he has that inevitable sub-30% month and then becomes the new board whipping-boy.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,636

Post#152 » by emunney » Mon Aug 5, 2019 9:50 pm

Denver's extraordinarily deep. Brooklyn has pretty good depth, particularly when Durant comes back, but I wouldn't say they're deeper than we are. Memphis has pretty good, but very green depth. We'll see. This whole thing is going to look totally different in six months after a bunch of new guys emerge.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#153 » by tedbrogen » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:23 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Brogdon was an incredibly efficient scorer and had one of the most analytic friendly shot charts in the league last year. Last time I checked, 3 points is still 3 points, whether your foot is an inch behind the line or if it's 3 feet behind the line. So this whole idea of Wes Matthews bombing away from 28-feet sounds great in theory until he has that inevitable sub-30% month and then becomes the new board whipping-boy.

3 points is still 3 points and Brogdon was money on those wide open looks. He hit some absolute daggers last season. However, there is something to be said about guys like Brook who can hit consistently from 28 feet and space the larrysanders out of a defense. It's one thing to try and close out to the three point line on a slow release shooter, it's another if a guy has to try and close out even further on a guy who wants to let it fly as soon as he receives the ball.

I completely understand why they didn't want to go into the tax right now to match Brogdon when they pretty much knew they could get some minimum contract guys who potentially stress the opposing defense more than Brogdon ever did by having quicker, more willing releases and deeper range.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,636

Post#154 » by emunney » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:51 am

Classic Lowe piece on Korver from 5 years back.

https://grantland.com/features/kyle-korver-nba-atlanta-hawks/
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#155 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:32 am

To my eyes Brogdon's release is not particularly slow, but it is low. Either way it doesn''t matter, the result is the same: he needs space between himself and the defender to get anything off. His high % was as much skill as it was shot selection, the guy never took any shots whatsoever when he didn't have the distance from the defender that is necessary for his low (or slow) release, which essentially means he was only taking open or mostly open shots. If any team ever tries to make him their first option and ask him to force shots his % will drop like a log.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#156 » by DrWood » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:41 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Brogdon was an incredibly efficient scorer and had one of the most analytic friendly shot charts in the league last year. Last time I checked, 3 points is still 3 points, whether your foot is an inch behind the line or if it's 3 feet behind the line. So this whole idea of Wes Matthews bombing away from 28-feet sounds great in theory until he has that inevitable sub-30% month and then becomes the new board whipping-boy.

Matthews never shot below 32.4% from 3 in any month last season.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#157 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:16 am

Bucks: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Monte Morris
Nuggets:Eric Bledsoe, Sterling Brown
Kings: Will Barton, Bucks 1st (from Pacers)

Bucks get a perfect fitting, big balls swinging Serbian sniper and a solid, defensive minded young PG in Morris. Bledsoe can spell and play alongside Murray & Harris as the Nuggets clear a path for Michael Porter Jr and Malik Beasley by moving Barton. The Kings get a reasonable facsimile of Bogdanovic locked into a deal plus pick up a first round pick.

Hill/Morris/Mason
Bogdanovic/Connaughton/Donte
Middleton/Matthews/Korver/Reynolds
Giannis/Ilyasova/Wilson
B.Lopez/R.Lopez/Bender
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#158 » by blazza18 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:19 am

Not sure if Denver would be keen on Bledsoe but I do like the idea LOB had of seeing if the Kings would be interested in the Pacers 1st for Bogdan.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#159 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 12:35 pm

Outside of Giannis, Bledsoe has the best contract on the team

The Bulls are the absolute worst.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#160 » by raferfenix » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:54 pm

Nuggets liked Bledsoe as recently as a few seasons ago:

The Denver Nuggets were reportedly at the “goal line” in a potential trade for Eric Bledsoe.

According to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, Denver “almost certainly” would have included Emmanuel Mudiay and a first-round pick in the deal.

https://www.slamonline.com/archives/nuggets-almost-trade-emmanuel-mudiay-pick-eric-bledsoe/

Return to Milwaukee Bucks