ImageImageImage

Profile on Dirk in D Magazine

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Profile on Dirk in D Magazine 

Post#1 » by Imon » Sat Aug 3, 2019 8:56 pm

You might be familiar with D Magazine if you live in the DFW area - they've done a few stories of Dirk in the past and this one is just as good. Most of it is re-hashed material but there's a little bit of new stuff at the end of the article.

I remember seeing Tim MacMahon on ESPN say that Dirk had to get injections into his foot prior to his last home game against PHX and it seems the article confirms his foot issues. Not totally surprising given Dirk had bone spur surgery on his foot in the past.

I'm still bummed about Dirk retiring - I would have loved to see him one last season with KP but if his body can no longer take it I understand. Hopefully he comes to visit the team during the season - I think it'd be good for morale and maybe he can give the youngsters some tips.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Profile on Dirk in D Magazine 

Post#2 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 4, 2019 6:45 am

that's my GOAT
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#3 » by gh123 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:09 am

Imon wrote:Image

You might be familiar with D Magazine if you live in the DFW area - they've done a few stories of Dirk in the past and this one is just as good. Most of it is re-hashed material but there's a little bit of new stuff at the end of the article.

I remember seeing Tim MacMahon on ESPN say that Dirk had to get injections into his foot prior to his last home game against PHX and it seems the article confirms his foot issues. Not totally surprising given Dirk had bone spur surgery on his foot in the past.

I'm still bummed about Dirk retiring - I would have loved to see him one last season with KP but if his body can no longer take it I understand. Hopefully he comes to visit the team during the season - I think it'd be good for morale and maybe he can give the youngsters some tips.

Doesn't Dirk live in Dallas with his wife and kids? He'll probably be hanging with the team every now and then.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:12 am

gh123 wrote:

Doesn't Dirk live in Dallas with his wife and kids? He'll probably be hanging with the team every now and then.

For sure, and he'll probably have an official role with the team, so he'll prolly become a fixture at games sometime in the near future. He might want a year or two where he just focuses on his family, but we'll see.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#5 » by gh123 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:44 am

HairyGOATee wrote:
gh123 wrote:

For sure, and he'll probably have an official role with the team, so he'll prolly become a fixture at games sometime in the near future. He might want a year or two where he just focuses on his family, but we'll see.

Even if he doesn't get an official title he can still spend some time at the workouts and teach our bigs a thing a too. Hell, he even helped Kidd with his 3pt.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:06 pm

gh123 wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
gh123 wrote:

Even if he doesn't get an official title he can still spend some time at the workouts and teach our bigs a thing a too. Hell, he even helped Kidd with his 3pt.

Very true.

Return to Dallas Mavericks