OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,980

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1381 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:19 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:I’ve been consumed by Fire Emblem. Send help.

I’m on chapter 7, not sure where other people are at. I feel like I’m super over leveled from doing battles and don’t have advanced seals to move along my kiddos.

I'm just about to start the battle in Chapter 5. Haven't been able to play it as much as I'd like before yesterday when I probably played it for five or six hours. I finally have the gifts and lost items down to a routine. Doing all the tea parties, manually doing the instruction, gardening every chance I get, occasionally fishing, always having at least one meal with the students.

Frankly, it's a time consuming mess. However, I don't know how else I'm going to recruit some characters I'd really like. One thing I need to get better at is building up the skills I'll need to actually recruit. I've built the relationships, but still lack those skills.

I'll be happy when I'm out of the academy and don't have to worry about the busy-work. I think that happens after the time jump?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,661

Post#1382 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:29 pm

I’m on chapter 7, not sure where other people are at. I feel like I’m super over leveled from doing battles and don’t have advanced seals to move along my kiddos.

I'm on Chapter 8 and also feeling over-leveled. Byleth, Dedue, Felix are all superhuman. Ingrid, Dimitri, Sylvain are all strong. Mercedies keeps everyone alive and then some. I'm not grinding the free battles or anything like that; I'm on normal difficulty and not sure if maybe this FE is just easier than past installments, or maybe it will ramp-up soon. Not sure, but right now I'm like level 20 going up against level 13s. Having a blast either way. I've logged 30 hours.

Advanced seals. I'd recommend connecting to the network and heading to the area where other users' characters will stand around and you can shop from. Many will often send advanced seals you can buy for 2700g. The area is north of the courtyard outside the classrooms, east of the battleground entrance, IIRC.

Just recruited Raphael. Working on Petra and Leonie, but I like my party as it stands now anyway. Blue Lions were the right choice for me.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1383 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:33 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

I'm just about to start the battle in Chapter 5. Haven't been able to play it as much as I'd like before yesterday when I probably played it for five or six hours. I finally have the gifts and lost items down to a routine. Doing all the tea parties, manually doing the instruction, gardening every chance I get, occasionally fishing, always having at least one meal with the students.

Frankly, it's a time consuming mess. However, I don't know how else I'm going to recruit some characters I'd really like. One thing I need to get better at is building up the skills I'll need to actually recruit. I've built the relationships, but still lack those skills.

I'll be happy when I'm out of the academy and don't have to worry about the busy-work. I think that happens after the time jump?

My understanding, as well. I don't mind it as much as you, but I do agree it's too time consuming and tedious. I don't think it's fair to Persona for this aspect to be classified as Persona-like; Persona doesn't feel tedious (to me), lol.

Nonetheless, like I said, I don't mind it as much as you. I have rarely thought about it. Fast traveling around the monastery helps.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1384 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:46 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

My understanding, as well. I don't mind it as much as you, but I do agree it's too time consuming and tedious. I don't think it's fair to Persona for this aspect to be classified as Persona-like; Persona doesn't feel tedious (to me), lol.

Nonetheless, like I said, I don't mind it as much as you. I have rarely thought about it. Fast traveling around the monastery helps.

I'm not saying I don't find some enjoyment in it. I read all of the conversations and I legitimately like learning more about the characters and relationships. It's just that an hour+ will go by and I'll realize I haven't really spent any time in combat (which might only take 15 minutes) before jumping right back into the routine. The balance is a little off.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#1385 » by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:10 am

What is everyone here using for PC peripherals?

Been using the Razer Death Adder Elite and the Black Widow Chroma V2, but decided I wanted a change and ended up getting the Logitech G Pro Keyboard and Pro Wireless mouse. I can't believe how nice the wireless mouse is. Great in the latency department and acts just like a wired mouse.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,328

Post#1386 » by crkone » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:34 pm

Matches Malone wrote:What is everyone here using for PC peripherals?

Been using the Razer Death Adder Elite and the Black Widow Chroma V2, but decided I wanted a change and ended up getting the Logitech G Pro Keyboard and Pro Wireless mouse. I can't believe how nice the wireless mouse is. Great in the latency department and acts just like a wired mouse.

G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Brown
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Optical Gaming Mouse Black

There are some issues people see with my keyboard like double presses but I haven't seen them. I did see issues with the keyboard shutting down if you try to close your PC by alt-F4s continuously strangely enough. The mouse is great.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1387 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:08 pm

Corsair K70 Mk2 Low Profile Keyboard (Cherry MX Speed)
Logitech MX Master 2S (Wireless)

The mouse is great for my purposes, which don't involve FPS. They keyboard equivalent, on the other hand, would often lose connection for seconds at a time, so I had to switch to a wired option. I don't use the RGB functionality really (I have them on solid blue, I guess), but it's a nice keyboard, has full number pad which I strongly prefer, and the switches are excellent.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#1388 » by jschligs » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:11 pm

crkone wrote:

G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX Brown
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Optical Gaming Mouse Black

There are some issues people see with my keyboard like double presses but I haven't seen them. I did see issues with the keyboard shutting down if you try to close your PC by alt-F4s continuously strangely enough. The mouse is great.

Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite
Razer Nommo Speakers
Razer Firefly Hard Mouse Mat

I also was the loser who bought the RGB mousepad from them too for $50. I love the everything, especially the keyboard. My only complaint is how loud the keys are when I'm trying to be quiet ha

The speakers were a mistake and I was going to return them but I never did. They have beautiful sound quality and they look awesome, but they have little to no bass and I love me some good bass.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#1389 » by BMatt07 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:34 pm

Corsair K70 Lux RGB Keyboard - Cherry MX Brown switches
Razer Naga Chroma mouse (GF bought it for me for Christmas, not the biggest fan)
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#1390 » by neiLz » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:36 pm

I'm using the deathadder chroma mouse, corsair k70 mechanical keyboard, and steelseries artics 7 wireless headset. Loved the switch to the wireless headset from my hyper X wired headset. I've been thinking of going full wireless for mouse and keyboard but nervous for the mouse. I did hear the Logitech G pro wireless is amazing but the price is steep and If i don't like it i dont want to deal with restocking fee's and return policies. If you do get the G pro let me know how it goes.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1391 » by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:45 pm

neiLz wrote:

I'm using the deathadder chroma mouse, corsair k70 mechanical keyboard, and steelseries artics 7 wireless headset. Loved the switch to the wireless headset from my hyper X wired headset. I've been thinking of going full wireless for mouse and keyboard but nervous for the mouse. I did hear the Logitech G pro wireless is amazing but the price is steep and If i don't like it i dont want to deal with restocking fee's and return policies. If you do get the G pro let me know how it goes.

I went from the deathadder elite to the wireless g pro and the feel is about the same in the hand, maybe a little lighter. I can put your mind at ease with the wireless hesitation. It’s been perfect. Haven’t experienced any latency issues and feels exactly like a wired mouse. That was my initial hesitation but after watching and reading a ton of reviews I bit the bullet and it’s been worth it so far. Price is a bit much but to have that extra free range of motion was worth it to me and less wires. I’m trying to clean up my setup.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1392 » by WRau1 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:54 pm

Can't help it, I'm a Razer fanboi. I buy everything Razer, even their outdated phone :(
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#1393 » by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:40 pm

WRau1 wrote:

Can't help it, I'm a Razer fanboi. I buy everything Razer, even their outdated phone :(

haha nothing wrong with that. Everything I had was Razer. Still a good product, but figured I'd try out something new and heard only good things about the Logitech G series.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1394 » by tydett » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:02 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Just chiming in (sorry if potential spoilers) - the academy phase (unfortunately) never goes away. It just gets far less involved and thus can be done much quicker.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#1395 » by Aaron It Out » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:13 pm

Best keyboard I've ever owned. It's pricey but for me it was worth it for the time I spend with it. Plus it looks awesome (IMO)

https://shop.daskeyboard.com/products/das-keyboard-4-ultimate?variant=594321633

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
neiLz
Assistant Coach

Post#1396 » by neiLz » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:06 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
neiLz wrote:

I went from the deathadder elite to the wireless g pro and the feel is about the same in the hand, maybe a little lighter. I can put your mind at ease with the wireless hesitation. It’s been perfect. Haven’t experienced any latency issues and feels exactly like a wired mouse. That was my initial hesitation but after watching and reading a ton of reviews I bit the bullet and it’s been worth it so far. Price is a bit much but to have that extra free range of motion was worth it to me and less wires. I’m trying to clean up my setup.

awesome thanks for the review. im going to jump at the end of the month. i play mainly fps and for csgo i tend to stretch out more and with a wired mouse it can get a little uncomfortable. a wireless mouse would do wonders especially if it is light. I agree with cleaning up the set up. I work from home and have a "U" shaped desk with a docked laptop and two mounted 24 inch monitors for work, a gaming desktop with two 24 inch monitors and a third with a mounted 24 inch for streaming/sports watching. The wires are extremely annoying. I've gone wireless mice on my other two but those i don't game on and the mice are rather cheap. Can't wait to try it out!
neiLz
Assistant Coach

Post#1397 » by neiLz » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:08 pm

WRau1 wrote:

I just got rid of i think the first razer mouse ive ever owned (from 2004ish?). It lasted 15 years through 1000's of hours of gaming. The only reason i got rid of it was I got a mouse as a gift. They make really solid products.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1398 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:26 pm

I am so hype.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1399 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:33 pm

So who are the recruitables you guys are liking in FE:TH? Obviously Catherine is a beast. Shamir is cool. Right now thinking one of those two for the S-Rank.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#1400 » by jschligs » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:39 pm

Can't wait for this fall's lineup of games. It's going to be insane. I'm also going to jump in and buy FE: Three Houses even though I rarely play turn-based games and the last JRPG I played was Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast. **** it, I need a new game.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks