ImageImageImage

Andrew Wiggins and the wolves future

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Re: Andrew Wiggins and the wolves future 

Post#501 » by minimus » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:36 am

Watching VanVleet playing I am asking myself how such an average athlete can be so good at scoring. My answer is simple: basketball IQ. I wish AW has same level of awareness.

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#502 » by Dewey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
DaKid wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Wiggs strained something in his right leg this game. Hopefully it wasn't the same injury from last year.

Where did you see that?

2/3 of the way through wiggs doesnt play any more. He can be seen on the bench with his leg wrapped up.

after he got beat in transition about 3 buckets worth. Garbage video
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,751

Post#503 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:18 pm

Silly question but what do you think Wiggins would have to accomplish stats-wise between now and the Trade Deadline to make his remaining 3-year deal more moveable without including any valuable assets?
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#504 » by alabamawolf » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:Silly question but what do you think Wiggins would have to accomplish stats-wise between now and the Trade Deadline to make his remaining 3-year deal more moveable without including any valuable assets?

20-5-4 on good efficiency and the team is winning. He has to prove that he can contribute to winning and not just put up empty stats
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#505 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:17 pm

alabamawolf wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:Silly question but what do you think Wiggins would have to accomplish stats-wise between now and the Trade Deadline to make his remaining 3-year deal more moveable without including any valuable assets?

20-5-4 on good efficiency and the team is winning. He has to prove that he can contribute to winning and not just put up empty stats

If hes getting 20-5-4 on good efficiency, why would you trade him?
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#506 » by alabamawolf » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:49 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
alabamawolf wrote:

If hes getting 20-5-4 on good efficiency, why would you trade him?

Maybe you don’t but the question is what would it take to make his deal moveable. Technically any deal is moveable if you add enough assets but I’m assuming he means moving him without adding assets
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#507 » by Jedzz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:45 am

minimus wrote:Watching VanVleet playing I am asking myself how such an average athlete can be so good at scoring. My answer is simple: basketball IQ. I wish AW has same level of awareness.

Obvious game IQ there, but I'm not sure why you call him such an average athlete. There is nothing average about how he's dicing up so many pro athletes. He does have a bit of what looks like awkwardness, but I think that's the offset timings of his moves that are throwing his opponents off. He seems to have to throw all his body weight into each change of direction because he's doing it at odd timings and it ends up looking awkward. But it looks really effective.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#508 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:12 am

Where is the newest Wiggins training video? No video, didn't happen. He quit already. Our continued belief will require constant attention.
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#509 » by DaKid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Jedzz wrote:Where is the newest Wiggins training video? No video, didn't happen. He quit already. Our continued belief will require constant attention.

:roll:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#510 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:48 pm

Jedzz wrote:Where is the newest Wiggins training video? No video, didn't happen. He quit already. Our continued belief will require constant attention.

Look harder.

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
DaKid
Senior

Post#511 » by DaKid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:16 pm

Klomp wrote:

Look harder.

Read on Twitter

I think that is the same game just a different video Klomp. I love that he's focusing on 3's and drives though
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#512 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:21 pm

Klomp wrote:

Look harder.

Read on Twitter

My work computer doesn't play that. Is it impressive?
DaKid
Senior

Post#513 » by DaKid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:24 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Look harder.

Read on Twitter

3's and aggressive drives. Exactly what we want to see
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#514 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:50 pm

DaKid wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:Look harder.

Read on Twitter

3's and aggressive drives. Exactly what we want to see

Thanks a lot. I know you are a Wiggins believer and I am far from it, but I'm holding on to a sliver of hope.
DaKid
Senior

Post#515 » by DaKid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:02 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Thanks a lot. I know you are a Wiggins believer and I am far from it, but I'm holding on to a sliver of hope.

Hopefully, we see more of this during the season. He's not the type of person to get overly excited about things or show much emotion and that isn't going to change. That is a big reason behind casual fans having issues with him. I know that his efficiency needs to be better and I dont blame fans for being frustrated with him based on that. I'm hoping though that if he takes that next step, it will silence that blind hatred because of his lack of emotion.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#516 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:01 am

He looks skinnier than he ever has right now.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#517 » by BigRedDog » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:56 am

The 5 Seasons of Andrew Wiggins Extension:

1) Denial - Andrew Wiggins Doesn't Suck!

2) Anger - Andrew Wiggins Absolutely SUCKS!

3) Bargaining - Maybe Andrew Wiggins Will Suck Less This Year?

4) Depression - I Can't Believe Andrew Wiggins Sucks this Badly.

5) Acceptance - Thank God Andrew Wiggins Is an Expiring Contract

We are going through this currently with Nic Batum... The key is just not to do anything dumb like trading his expiring deal for another guy who sucks with more years left. If you get a chance to trade him for someone with LESS years, don't ask questions just do it. You never know how much time we have left in this world. Life is too short as a fan to waste your prime years cheering for guys who suck.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#518 » by wesleyt95 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 11:55 am

BigRedDog wrote:The 5 Seasons of Andrew Wiggins Extension:

1) Denial - Andrew Wiggins Doesn't Suck!

2) Anger - Andrew Wiggins Absolutely SUCKS!

3) Bargaining - Maybe Andrew Wiggins Will Suck Less This Year?

4) Depression - I Can't Believe Andrew Wiggins Sucks this Badly.

5) Acceptance - Thank God Andrew Wiggins Is an Expiring Contract

We are going through this currently with Nic Batum... The key is just not to do anything dumb like trading his expiring deal for another guy who sucks with more years left. If you get a chance to trade him for someone with LESS years, don't ask questions just do it. You never know how much time we have left in this world. Life is too short as a fan to waste your prime years cheering for guys who suck.

funny but I hope he proves you wrong, Wigs and Batum are 2 entirely different situations
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#519 » by Dewey » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:58 pm

I like (in the video) that he is not wasting dribbles ... 1-2 dribbles and to the basket. He is not gonna razzle dazzle any good defenders.

HOWEVER, I did witness he used the dribble to get the defender coming (over-committing) and side-stepped for a 3 pointer ... Great. Now if he can get that same defender stepping into him like that again, next time take him to the basket. Now he proves himself a dual threat. THEN, by nature, he will force the defense to start rotating help resulting in more opportunities for assists. NOW Wiggins could prove a legit triple threat. Thats when Wiggins will discover he loves basketball again.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,568

Post#520 » by Colbinii » Tue Aug 6, 2019 6:18 pm

Jedzz wrote:He looks skinnier than he ever has right now.

huh? His shoulders look big.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves