ImageImageImage

NBA "Exhibit 10" Contracts Explained

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,506

Re: NBA "Exhibit 10" Contracts Explained 

Post#21 » by snowman » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:42 pm

We need a specialized big man coach as an assistant coach on staff. Bring in Garnett as an assistant to coach our young big men.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,214

Post#22 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:06 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#23 » by chakdaddy » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:42 am

I really think...
Green gets the final spot as an expendable placeholder. Tacko gets 2 way. Green gets cut midseason for a vet or for Tacko. Waters gets the other 2 way, strus gets cut.

We lose a lot of flexibility if Tacko makes the 15. 2 way can get called up but he can't go back down to a 2 way if he makes the main roster.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,506

Post#24 » by snowman » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:16 am

I think if anyone is a placeholder it's Wannamaker. He's only on a vet min for 1 year and would be the easiest replaced with Edwards and Waters or a vet.
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#25 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:22 pm

snowman wrote:I think if anyone is a placeholder it's Wannamaker. He's only on a vet min for 1 year and would be the easiest replaced with Edwards and Waters or a vet.
Assuming that happens and we go into the season with Tacko, Green, Strus, Waters, GWill, Edwards, Langford and Poirier on our 17 man roster, will that be the most rookies a team has ever had?

Also how much time do each of those guys spend assigned to Maine? I'm assuming only GWill, Edwards and Poirier completely avoid it.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: NBA 

Post#26 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:19 pm

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
snowman wrote:I think if anyone is a placeholder it's Wannamaker. He's only on a vet min for 1 year and would be the easiest replaced with Edwards and Waters or a vet.
Assuming that happens and we go into the season with Tacko, Green, Strus, Waters, GWill, Edwards, Langford and Poirier on our 17 man roster, will that be the most rookies a team has ever had?

Also how much time do each of those guys spend assigned to Maine? I'm assuming only GWill, Edwards and Poirier completely avoid it.

I know that back in the late 70's or early 80's and Expansion team Started 5 Rookies. I think it was the Magic?
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#27 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:33 pm

Let's just face the facts. Green got his deal partially guaranteed, that's just a signing bonus to go to camp with us as we have no cap implications at this point as a team over the cap. Good faith. If he outplays 10 guys on the roster in camp, maybe he stays. 99% likely outcome is Fall stays as 15th man for 2 year min deal.

If we go into the buyout market after trade deadline, we can dump wannamaker and not blink an eye. Also good chance if we make a trade, we do a 2/1, 3/1 to open up those roster spots as our roster is full with young talent atm.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#28 » by sam_I_am » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:20 am

Darth Celtic wrote:Let's just face the facts. Green got his deal partially guaranteed, that's just a signing bonus to go to camp with us as we have no cap implications at this point as a team over the cap. Good faith. If he outplays 10 guys on the roster in camp, maybe he stays. 99% likely outcome is Fall stays as 15th man for 2 year min deal.

If we go into the buyout market after trade deadline, we can dump wannamaker and not blink an eye. Also good chance if we make a trade, we do a 2/1, 3/1 to open up those roster spots as our roster is full with young talent atm.

Why would you say 99% Tacko? Green was the much better player in SL and both are older players. I get the Tacko hype .... but it is far more likely that Tacko gets a G league deal and Green is 15 th roster player who can be cut cost free if a desired player becomes available.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:27 am

sam_I_am wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:Let's just face the facts. Green got his deal partially guaranteed, that's just a signing bonus to go to camp with us as we have no cap implications at this point as a team over the cap. Good faith. If he outplays 10 guys on the roster in camp, maybe he stays. 99% likely outcome is Fall stays as 15th man for 2 year min deal.

Why would you say 99% Tacko? Green was the much better player in SL and both are older players. I get the Tacko hype .... but it is far more likely that Tacko gets a G league deal and Green is 15 th roster player who can be cut cost free if a desired player becomes available.

There are 200 greens in nba, dleague, and overseas. There is only 1 Tacko. Green fills no role for this team now or in the future. Tacko has a chance.

If Tacko goes to the dleague, another team WILL sign him to 15 man roster. Count on that.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#30 » by Parliament10 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:33 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

There are 200 greens in nba, dleague, and overseas. There is only 1 Tacko. Green fills no role for this team now or in the future. Tacko has a chance.

If Tacko goes to the dleague, another team WILL sign him to 15 man roster. Count on that.

Celtics should have signed him to a Regular Spot, right outta Summer League.
We saw what we needed. He's teachable.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
FutureIsGreen
Junior
And1: 236

Post#31 » by FutureIsGreen » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:49 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

Doesn't the Exhibit 10 give the Celtics rights to the player regardless of where he spends his time? 2 years of control where teams can not steal him? That's how I read it to be.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:59 pm

no. if he goes to dleague any team can sign him to active roster
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#33 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:02 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:no. if he goes to dleague any team can sign him to active roster

Yeah. That is a conflict, huh?

Must have something to do with whether he is officially waived or not.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#34 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:07 pm

FutureIsGreen wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

Doesn't the Exhibit 10 give the Celtics rights to the player regardless of where he spends his time? 2 years of control where teams can not steal him? That's how I read it to be.

I believe that's if he goes abroad, and is Not waived.
Once he's waived, that's it.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to Boston Celtics