ImageImageImage

Dre's new beer-a-day regimen

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Dre's new beer-a-day regimen 

Post#1 » by flow » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:21 pm

I really didn't want to start another Drummond thread. But this is being talked about nationally, so might as well.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2019/08/05/detroit-pistons-andre-drummond/1920034001/

* Good to know he's still working on his 3-ball. :rolleyes:
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Re: Dre's new beer-a-day regimen 

Post#2 » by DBC10 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:26 pm

Meh fad diets generally aren't sustainable, so don't know what that nutritionist is doing for him. Oh wait, it says, personal chef, so not anyone really truly versed in nutrition either.

Well, best of luck to him. I do like the switch from red meat to fish and more veggies though. That's good for anyone.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#3 » by Pharaoh » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:45 pm

Wasn't aware of our 19-13 finish...

His numbers over that stretch make me intrigued for fantasy drafts

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#4 » by Moses ShamMoses » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:50 pm

meh, one light beer per day won't make or break anything.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Post#5 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:58 pm

I'll drink to that!
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#6 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Aug 6, 2019 6:32 pm

flow wrote:I really didn't want to start another Drummond thread. But this is being talked about nationally, so might as well.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2019/08/05/detroit-pistons-andre-drummond/1920034001/

Why are you knocking him for working on his game? I swear, nothing will please this board. Drummond with a respectable 3 point shot is a top 3 center. It takes time to develop a jumpshot. Griffin just finally became a good shooter this past year or two.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#7 » by Snakebites » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:57 pm

Yep. We’ve hit it. Low point of the offseason.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#8 » by DBC10 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:17 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
flow wrote:I really didn't want to start another Drummond thread. But this is being talked about nationally, so might as well.

Why are you knocking him for working on his game? I swear, nothing will please this board. Drummond with a respectable 3 point shot is a top 3 center. It takes time to develop a jumpshot. Griffin just finally became a good shooter this past year or two.

Griffin also wasn't the worst FT shooter past few seasons ago and at least had a semblance of a mid range game. I don't blame the skepticism.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#9 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:33 pm

DBC10 wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

Griffin also wasn't the worst FT shooter past few seasons ago and at least had a semblance of a mid range game. I don't blame the skepticism.

Griffin was between mid 60s and low 70s for the first half of his career. He even shot 52% his second year. Regardless, the point isn't that people are skeptical, it's that people are criticizing him for working on his game. Again, I swear half of this board actually hates the Detroit Pistons.
the_l_train
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#10 » by the_l_train » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:48 pm

I don't hate him shooting 3's and drinking Miller Lites as long as he continues making improvements each season, like he has. At this point, dude is underrated. He's a 4th or 5th option stuck as a 2nd or 3rd option, just due to necessity.

I can't remember what game it was last year, but didn't he hit a big 3 at the end of a game or in overtime? Good thing he's practicing!

If he ends up leaving, the Dre-haters will finally realize his value. I'd re-sign him if we can take another step this year. If he leaves us, we should hope and pray for Montrezl.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#11 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:59 pm

I bet he’s half joking. If it was truly about calories he could eat a snickers
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,692

Post#12 » by zeebneeb » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:02 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

Griffin was between mid 60s and low 70s for the first half of his career. He even shot 52% his second year. Regardless, the point isn't that people are skeptical, it's that people are criticizing him for working on his game. Again, I swear half of this board actually hates the Detroit Pistons.
No, your probably right.

I always laugh when I see people complain about Andre. I know some of us appreciate him. Best rebounder since Rodman, best offensive rebounder since Moses, and will probably end up top 3 all time in rebounding, and unless he leaves this season, will end up the Pistons best rebounder all time.

He has gotten better each year, and finished last season with numbers not seen since the 60's, but hey, who the hell cares right?

I've tuned it out, and know the Pistons ever having a center even as good as andre in my lifetime is slim, to none.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#13 » by Manocad » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:59 am

Snakebites wrote:Yep. We’ve hit it. Low point of the offseason.

I'm thinking that might come with a thread about Derrick Rose's preference of socks.
TPA
Senior
And1: 467

Post#14 » by TPA » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:16 am

So, no Two Hearted, Centennial, or Backwoods Bastard?
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#15 » by flow » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:49 am

zeebneeb wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

No, your probably right.

I always laugh when I see people complain about Andre. I know some of us appreciate him. Best rebounder since Rodman, best offensive rebounder since Moses, and will probably end up top 3 all time in rebounding, and unless he leaves this season, will end up the Pistons best rebounder all time.

He has gotten better each year, and finished last season with numbers not seen since the 60's, but hey, who the hell cares right?

I've tuned it out, and know the Pistons ever having a center even as good as andre in my lifetime is slim, to none.

Unless you're 12 yrs. old, Drummond is nowhere near the best Pistons center of your lifetime.

Manocad
RealGM

Post#16 » by Manocad » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:07 pm

TPA wrote:So, no Two Hearted, Centennial, or Backwoods Bastard?

Oh man, I LOVE Backwoods Bastard
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#17 » by DetroitSho » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:09 pm

Yes you did want to start another Drummond thread. Because, well, you DID.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,377

Post#18 » by Billl » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:41 pm

Ok coach, I've been training 3 times harder than Drummond by this metric, so when do I get my shot?
Manocad
RealGM

Post#19 » by Manocad » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:54 pm

Until Drummond can shotgun a beer like Baker Mayfield this is a non-story.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,692

Post#20 » by zeebneeb » Fri Aug 9, 2019 11:18 pm

flow wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:
No, your probably right.

Unless you're 12 yrs. old, Drummond is nowhere near the best Pistons center of your lifetime.

Statistically he is and it's not even close. There is no debate to be had.

Ben Wallace a better defender? Yeah of course. Harder worker? Yup. Better player? Nope.

Pick another Center. Bill laimbeer?

If Drummond worked as hard as Wallace did, he would be an all time great, without question.

Return to Detroit Pistons