ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News/Trades/Transactions - Bucks Fined $50K for Tampering LOL

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Xmas at Philly 

Post#161 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:41 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
its why his numbers before he breaks down each year are kind of fake as ****

Partnow’s parting gift may have been advising the Bucks to pass on Brogdon.

I don’t get this. It wasn’t all he did to be successful. He took what was there. He could drive and score. He’ll be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the reason why Khris was so much more valuable. Teams value guys who can hit difficult shots and create for themselves. That’s not Brogdon’s game. He’s much more replaceable.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Xmas at Philly 

Post#162 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:46 pm

raferfenix wrote:Nuggets liked Bledsoe as recently as a few seasons ago:

The Denver Nuggets were reportedly at the “goal line” in a potential trade for Eric Bledsoe.

According to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, Denver “almost certainly” would have included Emmanuel Mudiay and a first-round pick in the deal.

https://www.slamonline.com/archives/nuggets-almost-trade-emmanuel-mudiay-pick-eric-bledsoe/

They just gave Murray $180 million.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#163 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:25 pm

Wonder what the Clippers would think about Bledsoe and Brown for Landry Shamet and the Mo Harkless expiring. They’d have Bledsoe/Bev/Lou/McGruder/Robinson in the backcourt and Sterling as a reserve wing.

I love Shamet, think getting him on the second year of his rookie deal would be huge. Ceiling is lower than Bledsoe but a much better fit. Look to move Wilson for a backup point guard, maybe take a flyer on Khris Dunn.

Hill/Dunn/Mason
Shamet/Connaughton/Donte
Middleton/Matthews/Korver/Reynolds
Giannis/Ersan/Harkless
Brook/Robin/Bender
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#164 » by mattg » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:12 pm

We can’t trade Bledsoe without getting someone who can play substantial, quality minutes at PG in return. That is if the team is aiming to compete. Like it’s literally a nonstarter unless the value is so over the top stupid. But none of the proposed trades here have been even remotely close IMO.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#165 » by Chapter29 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:45 pm

We aren't very likely to be trading Bledsoe. I know he's this boards up and coming whoopin boy but he will almost certainly be our starting PG.

I love the comment about aiming to compete. This team, will more than compete. And they will do so with 'Bledsoe cuz I said so' running the point.
Giannis
is
UponUs
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#166 » by raferfenix » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:04 pm

Yes this team will compete. And from that perspective: Bledsoe just collapsed in the second playoffs in a row.

Agreed that our PG rotation becomes way suspect if we deal him. But it's not in a vacuum where board members are coming up with potential trades.

Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons have gone so far as to say they don't think the Bucks would have extended him if we could take it back. Possible that decision cost us Brogdon if it was really the luxury tax that the owners were so concerned about.

On the other hand, what's done is done, and from the perspective of maximizing value he's one of the few trade chips we have that we could put into play. Trading him on the cheap doesn't help us either, especially given we'd need a point guard to replace him.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,280

Post#167 » by rilamann » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:22 pm

We'll always be in a weird spot with Bledsoe because bad playoff Bledsoe is really bad. While good regular season Bledsoe is arguably an all-star level player. Dude is weird.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#168 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:41 pm

Bad playoff Bledsoe is indeed hard to watch on offense, but even when that happens he's still giving you great defense for 30+ minutes. So I'm not really sold on this idea that he's gonna be the biggest wildcard in our title fortunes going forward. It'd certainly be nice if anybody outside of our back-up PG shows up for the Conference Finals next season though...
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#169 » by raferfenix » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:34 pm

So I get the Bledsoe-optimist perspective too.

Totally possible he pulls a Kyle Lowry and figures out how to step up in the playoffs.

It's also possible that his trade value reflects that as well as how good he is in the regular season.

Whether it'd be worth dealing him or not would ultimately depend on the return. We're in a good spot where we certainly don't have to do anything if the right deal does not present itself.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#170 » by blazza18 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:38 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Bad playoff Bledsoe is indeed hard to watch on offense, but even when that happens he's still giving you great defense for 30+ minutes. So I'm not really sold on this idea that he's gonna be the biggest wildcard in our title fortunes going forward. It'd certainly be nice if anybody outside of our back-up PG shows up for the Conference Finals next season though...

I guess no one was responsible for all those FFV open shots then?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#171 » by skones » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:40 pm

I guess I don't completely buy the Bledsoe "collapsed in the playoffs" narrative being pushed. He was great in the Detroit series and a mixed bag against Boston and a progress argument can be made given Kyrie's performance in that series. He WAS atrocious against Toronto, but then again, everyone on the team was.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#172 » by JayMKE » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:42 pm

I find it hard to believe we'd get good value for Bledsoe, his playoff choke job enraged me as much as anyone but we're pretty locked in for most part now I think.
FREE GIANNIS
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#173 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:49 am

mattg wrote:We can’t trade Bledsoe without getting someone who can play substantial, quality minutes at PG in return. That is if the team is aiming to compete. Like it’s literally a nonstarter unless the value is so over the top stupid. But none of the proposed trades here have been even remotely close IMO.

Yeah I do not understand why people think Hill should be a starter on a contender at this point in his career.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#174 » by Badgerlander » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:45 am

Well the good news is that 29 year old playoff Bledsoe is pretty comparable to 29 year old Kyle Lowry stats wise
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#175 » by DrWood » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:36 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Wonder what the Clippers would think about Bledsoe and Brown for Landry Shamet and the Mo Harkless expiring. They’d have Bledsoe/Bev/Lou/McGruder/Robinson in the backcourt and Sterling as a reserve wing.

I love Shamet, think getting him on the second year of his rookie deal would be huge. Ceiling is lower than Bledsoe but a much better fit. Look to move Wilson for a backup point guard, maybe take a flyer on Khris Dunn.

Hill/Dunn/Mason
Shamet/Connaughton/Donte
Middleton/Matthews/Korver/Reynolds
Giannis/Ersan/Harkless
Brook/Robin/Bender

on a value per value basis, the trade might be OK, but it makes us a worse team. Last thing we need is another wing, and we do need Bledsoe, unless we're getting a good pg back.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#176 » by DrWood » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:38 am

raferfenix wrote:Yes this team will compete. And from that perspective: Bledsoe just collapsed in the second playoffs in a row.

Agreed that our PG rotation becomes way suspect if we deal him. But it's not in a vacuum where board members are coming up with potential trades.

Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons have gone so far as to say they don't think the Bucks would have extended him if we could take it back. Possible that decision cost us Brogdon if it was really the luxury tax that the owners were so concerned about.

On the other hand, what's done is done, and from the perspective of maximizing value he's one of the few trade chips we have that we could put into play. Trading him on the cheap doesn't help us either, especially given we'd need a point guard to replace him.

Bledsoe>Brogdon. Even moreso considering the contracts. Anyone who doesn't agree with that doesn't understand basketball.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#177 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:54 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Bad playoff Bledsoe is indeed hard to watch on offense, but even when that happens he's still giving you great defense for 30+ minutes. So I'm not really sold on this idea that he's gonna be the biggest wildcard in our title fortunes going forward. It'd certainly be nice if anybody outside of our back-up PG shows up for the Conference Finals next season though...

I guess no one was responsible for all those FFV open shots then?

I'd have to go back and watch how many of those open looks he was guarded on, but if I recall correctly the Bucks were pretty switch-heavy against them that series, which was a large reason why people surmised that Nurse "out-coached" Bud.

:dontknow:
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,885

Post#178 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:59 pm

I think people are starting to forget how desperate we were for a player like Bledsoe before we acquired him.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#179 » by msiris » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:20 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:Partnow’s parting gift may have been advising the Bucks to pass on Brogdon.

I don’t get this. It wasn’t all he did to be successful. He took what was there. He could drive and score. He’ll be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the reason why Khris was so much more valuable. Teams value guys who can hit difficult shots and create for themselves. That’s not Brogdon’s game. He’s much more replaceable.
Your under valuing Brogdon. He played within the system and was very efficient. He was more consistent than Middleton.
Ride the tank
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#180 » by Chapter29 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:57 pm

Brogdon was very valuable for the Bucks and will be sorely missed. With that said, Bronco is correct. He isn't an ISO guy or a guy that can create consistently for himself. I also believe that with higher usage and defensive pressure Brogdon's efficiency will suffer.
Giannis
is
UponUs

Return to Milwaukee Bucks