RealGM Top 25 Player Poll-#15 2019-20

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

RealGM Top 25 Player Poll-#15 2019-20

Poll ended at Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:37 pm

Kevin Durant (BKN)
8%
Kyrie Irving (BKN)
29%
Draymond Green (GSW)
30%
Bradley Beal (WAS)
5%
Kemba Walker (BOS)
2%
Blake Griffin (DET)
9%
Ben Simmons (PHI)
3%
Luka Doncic (DAL)
8%
Donovan Mitchell (UTA)
3%
Victor Oladipo (IND)
2%

Total votes: 214

Tim Kempton
Starter
And1: 4,901

Re: RealGM Top 25 Player Poll-#15 2019-20 

Post#41 » by Tim Kempton » Wed Aug 7, 2019 6:20 am

Vote: Draymond
Remove: Durant
Nominate: Kyle Lowry
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#42 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 6:29 am

Nominate Kristaps
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#43 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Aug 7, 2019 6:30 am

C'mon now, you all know Kyrie isn't better than Dray.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#44 » by Gooner » Wed Aug 7, 2019 8:55 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:C'mon now, you all know Kyrie isn't better than Dray.

Draymond can't be a second option on a team, last finals proved that. He can't shoot, and he isn't really a slasher either. He needs to have two historic shooters with him to maximize his potential.
LoneyROY
Veteran
And1: 2,972

Post#45 » by LoneyROY » Wed Aug 7, 2019 9:51 am

This one going down to the wire. Guess I just gave Kyrie the slight edge.
SuperPawgHunter
Sophomore
And1: 124

Post#46 » by SuperPawgHunter » Wed Aug 7, 2019 9:53 am

You guys are acting like brokenhearted schoolgirls over Kyrie.

No other player in the NBA averaged 23ppg, 6ast, and 40% from three. None.

It's amazing how the Boston situation is all his doing, but he posted career highs in assist an rebounds, and shot very efficiently AGAIN, but his young teammates failed to live up to expectations.

I watched that situation closely and I'll stand by my belief that his younger teammates were acting like selfish ****, and the longer it persisted the worse he handled it. Now, that doesn't excuse him handling poorly, but that doesn't excuse them for being emo as hell because they didn't get the opportunities they thought they'd get, either. People will want to say Kyrie was the selfish one, but show me a metric that proves he was selfish. His usage was normal for a All-Star and his FGA was almost identical to the Warriors top three guys, which showed that, there were more than enough shots to go around in Boston, if three guys on GS can put up All-Star numbers with similar FGA to Kyrie. People want to mix his flat-earth comments in with what happened in Boston. Those flat-earth comments didn't stop him from being an All-NBA player. That's just silly.

Like I've said before, there was no talk of him being a poor leader in 2017-18, and that INTERESTINGLY enough coincides with the time period that predates the post-season success they had.

They wanted to come back and be those same stars and there were too many mouths to feed.
Bhut Jolokia
Pro Prospect
And1: 828

Post#47 » by Bhut Jolokia » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:05 pm

I would pick Kyrie over Draymond.

Nominate: Aldridge

Others: Klay, Booker, Porzingis and Vucevic
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,488

Post#48 » by Pelly24 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:26 pm

SuperPawgHunter wrote:You guys are acting like brokenhearted schoolgirls over Kyrie.

It's amazing how the Boston situation is all his doing, but he posted career highs in assist an rebounds, and shot very efficiently AGAIN, but his young teammates failed to live up to expectations.

I watched that situation closely and I'll stand by my belief that his younger teammates were acting like selfish ****, and the longer it persisted the worse he handled it. Now, that doesn't excuse him handling poorly, but that doesn't excuse them for being emo as hell because they didn't get the opportunities they thought they'd get, either. People will want to say Kyrie was the selfish one, but show me a metric that proves he was selfish. His usage was normal for a All-Star and his FGA was almost identical to the Warriors top three guys, which showed that, there were more than enough shots to go around in Boston, if three guys on GS can put up All-Star numbers with similar FGA to Kyrie. People want to mix his flat-earth comments in with what happened in Boston. Those flat-earth comments didn't stop him from being an All-NBA player. That's just silly.

Like I've said before, there was no talk of him being a poor leader in 2017-18, and that INTERESTINGLY enough coincides with the time period that predates the post-season success they had.

They wanted to come back and be those same stars and there were too many mouths to feed.

I think a big part of it is people overrate the Boston players like Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,056

Post#49 » by iggymcfrack » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:47 pm

SuperPawgHunter wrote:You guys are acting like brokenhearted schoolgirls over Kyrie.

Draymond Green has been as impactful in the playoffs as Steph Curry and Kevin Durant over 5 consecutive finals runs. He’s the best #2 guy possible next to a star. Before KD came to town, the Dray without Steph lineups still outperformed the Steph without Dray lineups in the playoffs.

Kyrie meanwhile, couldn’t lead the Celtics as well as Terry Rozier or Marcus Smart. He even managed to get Rozier paid mad money because he looked good in comparison to Kyrie even though he’s actually kind of a scrub.

So basically, as a #1 Kyrie: suuuuuuucks
As a #1 Draymond: ??????

As a #2, Kyrie: pretty good if he’s next to LeBron
As a #2, Draymond, best in the league, arguably best in league history
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#50 » by Gooner » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:52 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:

Draymond Green has been as impactful in the playoffs as Steph Curry and Kevin Durant over 5 consecutive finals runs. He’s the best #2 guy possible next to a star. Before KD came to town, the Dray without Steph lineups still outperformed the Steph without Dray lineups in the playoffs.

Kyrie meanwhile, couldn’t lead the Celtics as well as Terry Rozier or Marcus Smart. He even managed to get Rozier paid mad money because he looked good in comparison to Kyrie even though he’s actually kind of a scrub.

Draymond is the best #2 in history, even though he can't shoot or score inside, and he averaged 7 points last season. I think you are watching cartoons more often than basketball.
iggymcfrack
RealGM

Post#51 » by iggymcfrack » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:09 pm

Gooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:

Draymond is the best #2 in history, even though he can't shoot or score inside, and he averaged 7 points last season. I think you are watching cartoons more often than basketball.

He was tired in the regular season last year from all the Finals runs and he saved his energy for the playoffs. In the playoffs, he averaged 13/10/9 on .561 TS% while playing the best defense in the league. The Warriors were +6.7 when he was on the floor and -10.1 with him on the bench. Over their 5 dominant Finals runs, the Warriors are +10.8 with Draymond on the floor and -3.1 with him on the bench. Yes, that’s right, even with all their other stars and all their success the Warriors have been a losing team in the postseason when Dray’s not on the floor. He’s massively impactful.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#52 » by Gooner » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:19 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
Gooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:

He was tired in the regular season last year from all the Finals runs and he saved his energy for the playoffs. In the playoffs, he averaged 13/10/9 on .561 TS% while playing the best defense in the league. The Warriors were +6.7 when he was on the floor and -10.1 with him on the bench. Over their 5 dominant Finals runs, the Warriors are +10.8 with Draymond on the floor and -3.1 with him on the bench. Yes, that’s right, even with all their other stars and all their success the Warriors have been a losing team in the postseason when Dray’s not on the floor. He’s massively impactful.

He averaged whopping 13 points, when he was left open the whole time, ok you've proved me wrong. He is the best #2 in history of the game. Pippen, McHale, Kareem and guys like that have to fall in line behind him. Unless he gets tired lol. Dude can't shoot threes, can't post up, can't drive, all he can do is defend and pass to two of the greatest shooters ever. We saw what he did when Klay got injured, he made the Raptors play box and 1 on Steph, and get away with it.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,835

Post#53 » by Duffman100 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:24 pm

Vote Griffin
Nominate Lowry (at 11 nominations now... so...)
iggymcfrack
RealGM

Post#54 » by iggymcfrack » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:32 pm

Gooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
Gooner wrote:

He averaged whopping 13 points, when he was left open the whole time, ok you've proved me wrong. He is the best #2 in history of the game. Pippen, McHale, Kareem and guys like that have to fall in line behind him. Unless he gets tired lol. Dude can't shoot threes, can't post up, can't drive, all he can do is defend and pass to two of the greatest shooters ever. We saw what he did when Klay got injured, he made the Raptors play box and 1 on Steph, and get away with it.

He’s a better offensive player than Bill Russell. No one has any problem with him as an all-time great. Both players get the majority of their value from being the best defensive player in the league, but still had useful skills on the offensive end that kept them from being liabilities on their weaker side of the ball. Draymond was the Warriors primary playmaker last year and was 3rd in the playoffs in assists per game behind Westbrook and Rubio. He’s not a one dimensional player. Kyrie is a one dimensional player. He provides very little value from anything but his scoring.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#55 » by Gooner » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:45 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
Gooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:

He’s a better offensive player than Bill Russell. No one has any problem with him as an all-time great. Both players get the majority of their value from being the best defensive player in the league, but still had useful skills on the offensive end that kept them from being liabilities on their weaker side of the ball. Draymond was the Warriors primary playmaker last year and was 3rd in the playoffs in assists per game behind Westbrook and Rubio. He’s not a one dimensional player. Kyrie is a one dimensional player. He provides very little value from anything but his scoring.

Draymond was a liability on the offensive end with all those bricks he was throwing when they played box and 1 on Steph. He didn't look like a second option to me. When Klay went down, he got exposed. You can just leave him open. Yes he can rack up assists when he passes to Steph, Klay and KD. Put prime Joakim Noah in his place and he would to the same. Or someone like Al Horford. And please don't disrespect Bill Russell like that.
iggymcfrack
RealGM

Post#56 » by iggymcfrack » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:08 pm

Gooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
Gooner wrote:

Draymond was a liability on the offensive end with all those bricks he was throwing when they played box and 1 on Steph. He didn't look like a second option to me. When Klay went down, he got exposed. You can just leave him open. Yes he can rack up assists when he passes to Steph, Klay and KD. Put prime Joakim Noah in his place and he would to the same. Or someone like Al Horford. And please don't disrespect Bill Russell like that.

The one game where Klay didn’t play, Draymond had 17 points on .555 TS%. He wasn’t the problem with the offense. How about Cousins and Livingston shooting a combined 2/11? Or the bench going 10/27?
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#57 » by Gooner » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:18 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
Gooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:

The one game where Klay didn’t play, Draymond had 17 points on .555 TS%. He wasn’t the problem with the offense. How about Cousins and Livingston shooting a combined 2/11? Or the bench going 10/27?

I remember him scoring two threes at the end when the game was basically decided, he was 0-4 before that. Go look at play by play if you don't believe me. He was largely unimpactful on offense and Warriors lost comfortably. He only had 4 assists aswell, beacuse he missed Klay's shooting presence. He needs a lot of talent around him to do what he does best, which is a definition of a role player.
Whopper_Sr
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#58 » by Whopper_Sr » Wed Aug 7, 2019 4:39 pm

I've been voting for Draymond since #10 poll.

Vote: Draymond
Nomiate: Lowry
iggymcfrack
RealGM

Post#59 » by iggymcfrack » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:24 pm

Gooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
Gooner wrote:

I remember him scoring two threes at the end when the game was basically decided, he was 0-4 before that. Go look at play by play if you don't believe me. He was largely unimpactful on offense and Warriors lost comfortably. He only had 4 assists aswell, beacuse he missed Klay's shooting presence. He needs a lot of talent around him to do what he does best, which is a definition of a role player.

Dray made the second of those threes with 5:30 left. It wasn’t exactly garbage time. Besides, Draymond has generally performed very well when given a larger role on offense. When Curry missed 4 straight games in the 2016 playoffs before KD was on the team, Draymond stepped up running the offense and didn’t miss a beat. He averaged 23/11/9 on .603 TS% and the Warriors won by an average of 11 PPG. Calling him a “role player” is ridiculous. He can do more things on a basketball court than almost anyone in the league. He just plays team ball and focuses on whichever skills his team needs most in the moment instead of playing for numbers and expecting the team to adjust to him.
HeartDonor
Rookie
And1: 3,765

Post#60 » by HeartDonor » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:35 pm

Pascal siakam

Return to The General Board