Expectations for Fox This Year

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,509

Expectations for Fox This Year 

Post#1 » by codydaze » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 pm

What are your expectation for Swipa this year?

1) What do you think his season averages and/or %s look like at the end of the year?

2) What type of accolades, if any, does he get this year?

3) Biggest area of improvement you'd like to see?

I'll start..

1 - I see him averaging around 18/10/5 and would really like to see him get up to 80% at the free throw line. I think with another year and some more size he'll start getting some more calls at the rim so hopefully he can convert on them at a higher clip. He ranked 35th among players qualified for the leaderboard in FTR so he was already getting to the line at a solid rate of .378 but getting to over .400 and converting at a higher clip could boost his scoring numbers. The only reason I don't have his scoring numbers higher is because I think Buddy and Bagley emerge as go to scorers for us so in turn I do think Fox reaches 10 assists a night.

2 - I have Fox as a borderline all-star guy this year, if we're winning enough I think he might be able to sneak in, even in the loaded West. We probably only get one this year regardless of how we're performing and I think it will be between him and Buddy. I think he takes another leap on the defensive side of the ball this year and will be in the conversation for an All-Defense team. He dropped this tweet the other day...

Read on Twitter

3 - What I really want to see Fox do this year is solidify himself as one of the top floor generals in the league. He made huge improvements last year in controlling the pace but he still needs some improvement in running the half court game, that's where our offense stalled a lot of the time last year. I'd also like to see him get his shooting percentages up across the board. 40% from deep and 80% from the line would be incredible. But I'd take 37-38% from deep as long as the volume increases.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Re: Expectations for Fox This Year 

Post#2 » by dckingsfan » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:31 pm

This is probably the most important thread here... I think so goes Fox, so goes this team on both sides of the ball. If he moves into the discussion of all NBA defenders - we are definitely talking the playoffs now that we have rim protectors as well.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#3 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:58 pm

I want to see him make his teammates better, but most of all become the face of this teams defense. He's got the ability so now it's time to see the drive.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#4 » by blind prophet » Fri Aug 2, 2019 6:39 pm

I'm not sure about the numbers, don't really care about them much either.

But we should have much better spacing this year, meaning Fox should be able to get to the basket more, and also find players in good position should the defense collapse.

So more team assists in general, higher fg% as a team, more FT's as a team too.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#5 » by dckingsfan » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:04 pm

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#6 » by BoogieTime » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:35 am

IM hearing good things about De’aaron and Marvin in the practices so far
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#7 » by dckingsfan » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:38 pm

BoogieTime wrote:

Cool - any links?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#8 » by BoogieTime » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:02 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Cool - any links?

Mainly twitter

With Bagley it’s John Schuhmann of NBA.com quoting Jerry Coleangelo as saying Bagley/White have been the standouts so far at US select practice

Marc Stein yesterday on twitter said Fox was standing out when the media was let in. Tony Jones of Athletic said Fox/Mitchell were standing out.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#9 » by dckingsfan » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:35 pm

nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#10 » by nolang1 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:25 pm

I'm sure he's playing well but at this point he's also the only healthy PG left besides Kemba.
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#11 » by Sacramento_King » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:45 am

Fox is playing so well in this scrimmage. Picks his spots well and attacks at the right time, looks to involve teammates and using his speed on defensive side Very impressive
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#12 » by sacking123 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:15 am

The expectations for Fox this year is to take this team over along with Bagley. The latter might not be ready for that fully so Fox needs to limit the amount of time he is passive during games.
Last season I think he was worn down around AS break, but hopefully that was due to a full NBA off season.
If he can increase his 3s taken and keep his percentages around the same then I will be happy.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
TacoBell
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#13 » by TacoBell » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:02 am

More consistent 3 point shooting, and more free throws a game. The Kings have so many scoring options on the team and Fox is a very unselfish player so he should put up 8 or 9 assists, 17 or 18 points 5 rebounds with better efficiency. It'll be exciting to see.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#14 » by dckingsfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:37 pm

U.S.A. Basketball officials were stunned Saturday morning to learn that De’Aaron Fox of the Sacramento Kings had chosen to remove his name from consideration for the final 12-man roster mere hours before the team’s flight to Australia for three more exhibition games and a handful of practices.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#15 » by nolang1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:27 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
U.S.A. Basketball officials were stunned Saturday morning to learn that De’Aaron Fox of the Sacramento Kings had chosen to remove his name from consideration for the final 12-man roster mere hours before the team’s flight to Australia for three more exhibition games and a handful of practices.

Well the fact there's no discussion about this compared to how much there was for Bagley really speaks to how much of an effort there is to portray Bagley as some kind of childish or immature individual, especially since Fox was clearly much more of a lock to actually make the team. In both players' cases, it certainly makes sense to focus on the season since this is obviously not a very prestigious tournament for NBA players (as evidenced by dozens of other players not even showing up in the first place) and doing a bunch of traveling for not much PT when the Kings are going to India in about a month (about 2 weeks after the world cup final) probably would've been excessive.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#16 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:44 am

A few quotes from the athletic.
Fox is out to prove he’s strong enough to carry the Kings to the postseason. Before he joined Team USA for training camp in Los Angeles, Fox said he weighed 183 pounds, eight more than his listed weight on the Kings website. Fox isn’t trying to get much bigger before the season, even though teams routinely look to rough him up in an effort to slow him and the Kings down.

“My 190 would look huge,” Fox said. “Other people’s 190 wouldn’t look that way. I’d look like I’m super big.”

“He’d probably rather lift weights than work out on the court,” Gaston said. “He likes working on his body, looking in the mirror, taking his shirt off, flexing.

Gaston said Fox’s doorbell rings a lot — often because food is being delivered. From the time he wakes up until it’s time for bed, Gaston said Fox takes his calorie intake “seriously,” even if it’s a chore to do so....“I try to get 4,000-5,000 calories because I burn through it so fast,” Fox said. “It’s hard man, it’s hard.

Boston Celtics guard Kemba Walker, said there’s no matching Fox’s speed, something Walker saw up close during training camp with Team USA.

“No question, he’s No. 1,” Walker said. “He’s fast. He’s fast. He’s super fast.”....Walker said he was impressed by Fox’s shooting and “bounce” around the rim, so the added weight hasn’t cost Fox his athleticism. Mitchell said “no one in the league” is faster than Fox, but his game isn’t just about running with reckless abandon.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Post#17 » by pillwenney » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:02 am

I'd like to see more consistent aggression from Fox. I think his abilities as a floor general and shooter are both already progressing nicely. I want to see him take over games more often. We've seen it a few times, and I fully believe he has the ability to do it against anyone. He just needs to do it more. This doesn't have to mean scoring, but it does mean more consistently attacking. That'll get his FT rate up, and improve his playmaking opportunities.

Hopefully it would make his D more consistent as well.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#18 » by BoogieTime » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:48 am

pillwenney wrote:I'd like to see more consistent aggression from Fox. I think his abilities as a floor general and shooter are both already progressing nicely. I want to see him take over games more often. We've seen it a few times, and I fully believe he has the ability to do it against anyone. He just needs to do it more. This doesn't have to mean scoring, but it does mean more consistently attacking. That'll get his FT rate up, and improve his playmaking opportunities.

Hopefully it would make his D more consistent as well.

Yep.

3. Consistency. Nuff said.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#19 » by dckingsfan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:44 pm

I am absolutely good with this...

Fox was the subject of scrutiny when he backed out of his commitment to Team USA just before they took off for the FIBA World Cup. The reason for his departure has been speculated for over a month, and the decision to attend Kobe’s camp may have something to do with it. The camp might not have been the sole or main reason for Fox’s choice, though it likely contributed.

https://aroyalpain.com/2019/09/27/sacramento-kings-kobe-secret-camp/
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#20 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:11 pm

I expect Fox to take another leap joining the All Star conversation.

Return to Sacramento Kings