ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the Offseason, Take 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#281 » by F N 11 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:49 pm

I couldn't care less about KD after his decision.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,754

Post#282 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:01 pm

JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
I would not be surprised if Fiz sorts out which of the vet signings he wants to emphasize first and then the youth minutes climb the rest of the season.

That way they may determine if they have any interest in exercising the options for any of the 1 + 1 contracts.

In a sense, everyone is auditioning for minutes. And Fiz may be auditioning to continue in his job based on how he handles that task.

One thing that worries me is that this was kind of what we were doing last year -- auditioning guys like Mudiay, Burke, Mario, and Vonleh to see if they were worth keeping, and then getting some mins for Knox, Mitch, Trier, Dotson, Frank, and Smith (after we acquired him). Fiz never really installed a system, under the justification that he was seeing what we had first and letting guys show their stuff.

Granted, last season was a tank year, so I'm willing to give Fiz a fresh start. And I'm not against building slowly and taking some time to figure out which players are keepers for the future. But I hope this year we'll see more than just "go get yours" and maybe start to develop some identity/culture, particularly on the defensive end. In that sense, I agree it could be an audition for Fiz as well.

Yes, it based to a degree on observing last year. The main difference is this crop of signings is superior to the last one, thus some of them really should get some time.

If Fiz goes Full Mudiay on us then I'll get worried.

Never Go Full Mudiay
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,762

Post#283 » by Stannis » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:13 pm

From the WireTap comments and so so true

are we really still believing what this dude says?? the guy who was tweeting about competitive basketball and then joins the team who beat him 3-1 in the WCF. The guy who used burner accounts to argue for him on social media? i dont believe him no more, like anyone ever goes away from championship team to brooklyn no matter what happened like Kyrie joining. the guy claiming now he only decided 30 jun, when the media knew all along he was teaming up with kyrie and then he actually does it and claims to have decided this later on

You really can't believe what KD says
Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,435

Post#284 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:18 pm

King of Canada wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

:lol: I guess that settles it then.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,754

Post#285 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:21 pm

In Related News:

Fat Bastard expresses regret that he didn't have KP in him, but "it was not for a lack of trying."
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#286 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:48 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:
...or KD is lying since he had no other choice

a possibility. but i never forgot KD's "never" about the knicks. i felt that. :lol:

“Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.”
-Dalai Lama

Lama stole that from the sports quote “Sometimes the best moves/trades are the ones you don’t make.”

The Dalai Lama is a damn plagiarist!
Free Palestine
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,253

Post#287 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:53 pm

Please dont play for USA mitch
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,355

Post#288 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

i know someone who sold his brother weed..... :rofl2:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,078

Post#289 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:12 pm

Yay. Now Mitch has knee issues. In a moment we'll find out he is missing half the season
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,355

Post#290 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:31 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:i don't want to hear no more about tanking around here. no one wants to play for perpetual trash. you have to compete to be appealing. you need an identity and a commitment to winning. no one wants to be a bum.

i would leave a "tanking" company. that's not for me.

you really only need to be good the year before free agency. the nets were perceptual trash too before this year, nobody has that long a memory. if the knicks tank 1 more year it won't really change anything if their goal is free agency 2021. i'm fine with them trying to compete more but it's not something that really matters for this year. and if you draft well enough you won't need free agents to save you.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#291 » by F N 11 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

He got 20 products in the shower. You only supposed to have 2 products max :lol:

Tbh KP didn’t give me the soft vibe.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#292 » by Esq-4 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:39 pm

Stannis wrote:From the WireTap comments and so so true

are we really still believing what this dude says?? the guy who was tweeting about competitive basketball and then joins the team who beat him 3-1 in the WCF. The guy who used burner accounts to argue for him on social media? i dont believe him no more, like anyone ever goes away from championship team to brooklyn no matter what happened like Kyrie joining. the guy claiming now he only decided 30 jun, when the media knew all along he was teaming up with kyrie and then he actually does it and claims to have decided this later on

You really can't believe what KD says

I'm not even wasting my time reading the article. Even if he preferred the Knicks and the injury really changed things, what is he going to say? That he settled for the Nets and was forced to follow Kyrie because of his injury or admit the injury is so severe the Knicks wouldn't give a full max - if that's all true? Same reason why it would make no sense to trash the Warriors.

Maybe the truth comes out after he retires and needs attention.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,231

Post#293 » by Oscirus » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:43 pm

Daily news said it best. Durant could've shut those Knick rumors up whenever he wanted to but he chose not to. Now perhaps it was just white noise to him, but I'm not seeing it. Either way he's a net now, so not my problem.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,887

Post#294 » by stuporman » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:15 am

Dammit Mitch... shut it down and rest up, we don't want the extra wear and tear on those knees.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,342

Post#295 » by dakomish23 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:40 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:All you you who got all hyped up and then bamboozled for KD and Kyrie are too funny. Then you all were going to trade half the roster for AD. Wow. And now we found out KD never even gave a shyt about us. We weren’t even a blip on his radar. Ever.

-“The Knicks must have inside info that KD is coming. It’s gonna be great.”

-“Did you see the report about KD, even the Warriors players are saying he’s coming to the Knicks. My only thing is I’d rather have Kawhi than Kyrie. And then we trade Mitch, Knox, Trier, the two Dallas picks and our ‘20 number 1 pick and we fly.”

I dub you all “Charlie Brown” for one year.

Don’t keep falling for this stuff. We are the bridesmaid, never the bride. Would you want to walk down the aisle with James Dolan? LOL. We’re on our own, folks.

I don’t buy any of this we weren’t going to offer him the full deal ****. The second he doesn’t choose us is when we release that information? Really? That’s PR spin at the basic level.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#296 » by TheBigBoss » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:48 am

GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
YMMV wrote:God I wished JVG was our HC again instead of flat soda with the hot wife.

as you can probably tell by my screen name, i love me some JVG.

but fans were frustrated with his offensive schemes in 2000. :lol: i couldn't see him adjusting to coaching today's game at the HC level. i think his role with team USA is perfect because they can get the most out of him as a teacher and identity guy. and you listen to the way he commentates. he is such a curmudgeon about the current state of the game. :lol:

oh, man. i'd drink cyanide if i had to watch a JVG offense in 2019.

It was either a Ewing post up or a Houston post up. That was basically it :lol:

Come on man! Thats not true.... you're better than that!!!

Spoiler:
There was also the occasional LJ post up and Sprewell post up too. :P
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#297 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:51 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Yay. Now Mitch has knee issues. In a moment we'll find out he is missing half the season

Yep. I knew we should've traded him for AD.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#298 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:53 am

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:All you you who got all hyped up and then bamboozled for KD and Kyrie are too funny. Then you all were going to trade half the roster for AD. Wow. And now we found out KD never even gave a shyt about us. We weren’t even a blip on his radar. Ever.

-“The Knicks must have inside info that KD is coming. It’s gonna be great.”

-“Did you see the report about KD, even the Warriors players are saying he’s coming to the Knicks. My only thing is I’d rather have Kawhi than Kyrie. And then we trade Mitch, Knox, Trier, the two Dallas picks and our ‘20 number 1 pick and we fly.”

I dub you all “Charlie Brown” for one year.

Don’t keep falling for this stuff. We are the bridesmaid, never the bride. Would you want to walk down the aisle with James Dolan? LOL. We’re on our own, folks.

I don’t buy any of this we weren’t going to offer him the full deal ****. The second he doesn’t choose us is when we release that information? Really? That’s PR spin at the basic level.

I'm just glad he's not on our team, tbh. Kyrie too. Never wanted any of those stars. We got more rebuilding to do! :D
Free Palestine
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#299 » by Marty McFly » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:15 am

i really need one of these goons we signed to duff KD.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#300 » by DarkXaero » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:16 am

Oscirus wrote:Daily news said it best. Durant could've shut those Knick rumors up whenever he wanted to but he chose not to. Now perhaps it was just white noise to him, but I'm not seeing it. Either way he's a net now, so not my problem.

What was this about then?

Return to New York Knicks