ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#101 » by Ducklett » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:02 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Ducklett wrote:Didn't Adam Morrison wash out of the league because he played 0 defense and was less athletic than me, as well as his diabetes making it more and more difficult for him to play long stretches of time as he aged. They said he had seizure-like symptoms if he played for like 30+ minutes.

He also had some 30 point games, if I remember correctly.
Yes I got that one wrong. I think a lot of people were high on him for some reason. If I remember right, him and JJ Redick were the top two college stars that year, and they were both filling up the stat sheet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I am by no means trying to call you out. If the guy has diabetes, is it really a wonder that he wasn't able to play professional basketball as he got older?

Also, I was concerned I had the wrong guy. I mixed up Tool and Radiohead today when I heard the new Tool album was coming out soon.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#102 » by Skin » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:06 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:Never heard of this guy.

I’m forward to seeing how he does in training camp in September.

:crazy:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#103 » by KillMonger » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:23 pm

Considering dude couldn't lift the ball above his head, any progress is good. This though has me cheesing at the screen. As long as he can do this without pain then we may have something. Imagine bringing in a healthy fultz considering what we gave up to get him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#104 » by tiderulz » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:25 pm

Ducklett wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Ducklett wrote:Didn't Adam Morrison wash out of the league because he played 0 defense and was less athletic than me, as well as his diabetes making it more and more difficult for him to play long stretches of time as he aged. They said he had seizure-like symptoms if he played for like 30+ minutes.

He also had some 30 point games, if I remember correctly.
Yes I got that one wrong. I think a lot of people were high on him for some reason. If I remember right, him and JJ Redick were the top two college stars that year, and they were both filling up the stat sheet.

I am by no means trying to call you out. If the guy has diabetes, is it really a wonder that he wasn't able to play professional basketball as he got older?

Also, I was concerned I had the wrong guy. I mixed up Tool and Radiohead today when I heard the new Tool album was coming out soon.

I wouldnt say diabetes was the only factor. Plenty of athletes have had diabetes. Is it a factor? absolutely. he just wasnt a legit nba player.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#105 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:14 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Yes I got that one wrong. I think a lot of people were high on him for some reason. If I remember right, him and JJ Redick were the top two college stars that year, and they were both filling up the stat sheet.

I wouldnt say diabetes was the only factor. Plenty of athletes have had diabetes. Is it a factor? absolutely. he just wasnt a legit nba player.

I’m not trying to claim to be a great scout as I’m right and wrong about many players each and every single year to the point of it basically being a 50/50 wash.

But ...

I really DID NOT understand the hype for Adam Morrison. I look at his college and NBA career and ask why anyone would expect any different.

I just don’t see it. Why were people into him? He had the stable yet bland game to succeed in the raw NCAA. But when you ignore stats and what I call, “fundamental highlights” he just never looked like a guy with another gear.

If someone wants to enlighten me on why NBA scouts loved him please do. I’m still puzzled.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#106 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:23 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

I’m not trying to claim to be a great scout as I’m right and wrong about many players each and every single year to the point of it basically being a 50/50 wash.

But ...

I really DID NOT understand the hype for Adam Morrison. I look at his college and NBA career and ask why anyone would expect any different.

I just don’t see it. Why were people into him? He had the stable yet bland game to succeed in the raw NCAA. But when you ignore stats and what I call, “fundamental highlights” he just never looked like a guy with another gear.

If someone wants to enlighten me on why NBA scouts loved him please do. I’m still puzzled.

This made me laugh for some reason
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Morrison
Morrison lives near Spokane, Washington, with his girlfriend, two daughters, and a son. He is not religious and does not believe in marriage. He has diabetes.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,064

Post#107 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:54 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:I wouldnt say diabetes was the only factor. Plenty of athletes have had diabetes. Is it a factor? absolutely. he just wasnt a legit nba player.

But ...

This made me laugh for some reason
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Morrison
Morrison lives near Spokane, Washington, with his girlfriend, two daughters, and a son. He is not religious and does not believe in marriage. He has diabetes.

:lol:
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,285

Post#108 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:43 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Yes I got that one wrong. I think a lot of people were high on him for some reason. If I remember right, him and JJ Redick were the top two college stars that year, and they were both filling up the stat sheet.

He still menaged to average 11,8 ppg during rookie year ( albet on terrible percentages).
But during his second year he torn his ACL and his basketball career was finished after it.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#109 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:45 am

tiderulz wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

I have type 1 Diabetes and that has never hindered me in any way physically from sports, diving, extended hiking or working for hours on end.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#110 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:37 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

But ...

People probably don't want to hear it, but it was because he was the next great white hope (I emphasise the word hope) after going so long with no truly great white American players.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#111 » by pepe1991 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:47 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:I wouldnt say diabetes was the only factor. Plenty of athletes have had diabetes. Is it a factor? absolutely. he just wasnt a legit nba player.

But ...

People probably don't want to hear it, but it was because he was the next great white hope (I emphasise the word hope) after going so long with no truly great white American players.

Skin color probably did play role in it but look at Wiggins.
During Wolves vs Lakers , in Wiggins rookie year that game was nacionally televised and advertised as " passing of a torch".
After a game Kobe said " it's like watching younger self".

During ROY awards he had 604 total votes, witch was twice as much as everybody else - combined.

Through his player comparisons around draft he literally was : ceiling Lebron, Kobe, T Mac, floor - Drextler.

Funniest thing about Wiggins as prospect in eyes of "experts", writers and GMs is that they actually belived he will be one of the best defenders in the league just because he was athletic.

Even after 4 years of mediocrity , in 2018, when SOULZ on youtube posted video titled "Wiggins is a bust" vast majority of comments were like " you are hater, he is late bloomer, he will pan out, he will allstar next year ..." .Video had like 3 K likes, 1,5K dislikes.

I think most of people create opinion based on what media keeps telling them. Wiggins from 2012 to 2015 was presented as biggest young superstar in making since Lebron.
Even when he entered the league for next two seasons he was presented by NBA and mainstream media young superstar.
I went through some of articles who rank best young stars every year and through 2014,2015,2016 and 2017 his name was always there.
And amount of hypocrisy around NBA media never fails to suprise me. Guy averaged 17 points, on 14 shots, while having 45% eFG with more turnovers than assists yet they described his rookie year as " steller, proving his star potential, superstar in making".

But that's NBA at it's best. Self promotion, propaganda and making stars by telling you that next Lebron, Kobe, Jordan are right behind corner. It helps struggling teams that get them be more profitable, it sells merch and it simply keeps NBA going in years like 2017-18 where every single person on the planet Earth knew who will win it all.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#112 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:11 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

But ...

Skin color probably did play role in it but look at Wiggins.
During Wolves vs Lakers , in Wiggins rookie year that game was nacionally televised and advertised as " passing of a torch".
After a game Kobe said " it's like watching younger self".

During ROY awards he had 604 total votes, witch was twice as much as everybody else - combined.

Through his player comparisons around draft he literally was : ceiling Lebron, Kobe, T Mac, floor - Drextler.

Funniest thing about Wiggins as prospect in eyes of "experts", writers and GMs is that they actually belived he will be one of the best defenders in the league just because he was athletic.

Even after 4 years of mediocrity , in 2018, when SOULZ on youtube posted video titled "Wiggins is a bust" vast majority of comments were like " you are hater, he is late bloomer, he will pan out, he will allstar next year ..." .Video had like 3 K likes, 1,5K dislikes.

I think most of people create opinion based on what media keeps telling them. Wiggins from 2012 to 2015 was presented as biggest young superstar in making since Lebron.
Even when he entered the league for next two seasons he was presented by NBA and mainstream media young superstar.
I went through some of articles who rank best young stars every year and through 2014,2015,2016 and 2017 his name was always there.
And amount of hypocrisy around NBA miedia never fails to suprise me. Guy averaged 17 points, on 14 shots, while having 45% eFG with more turnovers than assists yet they described his rookie year as " steller, proving his star potential, superstar in making".

But that's NBA at it's best. Self promotion, propaganda and making stars by telling you that next Lebron, Kobe, Jordan are right behind corner. It helps struggling teams that get them be more profitable, it sells merch and it simply keeps NBA going in years like 2017-18 where every single person on the planet Earth knew who will win it all.
and not because he was a monster at the collegiate level along with JJ? Ok... I think his torn ACL Had something to do with it. Recovery was an issue for him. not sure if diabetes inhibits Healing or not.The seizure like symptoms happened during a high school basketball game which is how he was diagnosed. Read that he managed is diabetes really well after that. I mean it’s not like he wasn’t playing hard in college.
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#113 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:23 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

But ...

Is it ok then to say black actors are gifted the roles of white characters because of the color of their skin and not their ability to act?

I think Morrisons credentials as a college player was the reason he was highly regarded not some shadowy hidden agenda to prop up white players.
#2A
#Adopt
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,146

Post#114 » by Def Swami » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:07 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

But ...

Is it ok then to say black actors are gifted the roles of white characters because of the color of their skin and not their ability to act?

I think Morrisons credentials as a college player was the reason he was highly regarded not some shadowy hidden agenda to prop up white players.

No need to invoke race in the thread about Markelle Fultz. Back on topic, everyone.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#115 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:17 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:I think Morrisons credentials as a college player was the reason he was highly regarded not some shadowy hidden agenda to prop up white players.

You may be right but that doesn’t make it smart.

Watch HOW he played in college rather than jump into the numbers and there just didn’t appear to be another level for his game.

I’ll take a raw, error prone college prospect who absolutely WOWS! us with the occasional play few others can make and hope to develop that kid into something consistent long before I take the stable, effective kid with no room to grow when talking about a top 5 pick.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#116 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:00 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

But ...

Well it took him a few years to put up those gaudy numbers in college in an era where it was becoming more increasingly one and done. I believe his skin colour was a big part of the hype. People really wanted that next great white American player.

But back to Markelle.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#117 » by pepe1991 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:12 pm

His skin color did play role in his career and hype. You don't label everything race related as racist, some things are obvious .

You still have casual racism in nba in every single player comparison.
White players are only being compared with former or current white players .
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,022

Post#118 » by Driguez » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:41 pm

Why is Adam freaking Morrison and subsequently race a topic up for debate in a Fultz thread? :lol: who cares
"We all we got"- SVG
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#119 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:45 pm

Driguez wrote:Why is Adam freaking Morrison and subsequently race a topic up for debate in a Fultz thread? :lol: who cares

Not me. When is the next Markelle leak coming out?
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,064

Post#120 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:55 pm

This thread went down the drain fast bringing up "the great white hope" for some reason.

Not sure why race always has to be a thing around here.

Hoping something Fultz related comes out soon so this thread can stay unlocked.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.

Return to Orlando Magic