ImageImageImageImageImage

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (One team open for 2019-20 season)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,977

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1221 » by Capn'O » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:43 pm

Pistons ACTIVE as usual!

Context wrote:Yeah, I waived him just to ensure I didn't do anything stupid- :lol:

It's a pity he signed with a team. That 1 year, $300 exempt list deal to Matthew Dellavedova would have been sweeeeeeeet.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,449

Post#1222 » by Context » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:51 pm

Capn'O wrote:Pistons ACTIVE as usual!

Context wrote:Yeah, I waived him just to ensure I didn't do anything stupid- :lol:

It's a pity he signed with a team. That 1 year, $300 exempt list deal to Matthew Dellavedova would have been sweeeeeeeet.

please tell me more about this cap... :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Context
RealGM

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1223 » by Context » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:36 pm

What to expect from newest Hawks Jabari Parker

Jabari Parker wanted to play for a team that wanted him. That was his ultimate priority in free agency. When he met with the Hawks in Las Vegas last week, he realized that Atlanta was the team that wanted him the most.

Parker fits quite well with how the Hawks operate on offense. They played with the quickest pace in the league this past season, and Parker thrives in transition offense. He turned out to be a legitimate threat on the fast break for the Wizards this past season whether he was driving to the basket or facilitating for others. He was elite at finishing in the restricted area, making 71 percent of his shots. That lines up nicely for the Hawks because head coach Lloyd Pierce’s offense calls for most of the Hawks’ offense coming at the rim or from 3-point range.

He knows his role with the Hawks is to be a bench scorer, and he’s content with it.

“I figured that starting is pretty much a distraction,” Parker said. “I’ve been on the bench for two seasons in my career. The productivity that I have is pretty good. As long as I’m climbing and doing what I can [in] the moments I’m out there, I’ll be in a good position. Coming off the bench, I’ve been cool with that.”

Parker knows that the priority for this Hawks team is for the young players to get the bulk of the minutes available, but he said he’s excited to be a part of a core that’s looking to grow in this league.
The Athletic
Spoiler:
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#1224 » by Slicin N Dicin » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:39 pm

Finally was able to move on from reggie. Taking a risk on a young player in t ferg. Save some cap and get younger.

Context great to work with like always.

Another well balanced squad this year in Milwaukee. Better than last seasons team which was 1 win away from the ECF. Looking forward to this season
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,977

Post#1225 » by Capn'O » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:56 pm

Context wrote:

Jabari Parker wanted to play for a team that wanted him. That was his ultimate priority in free agency. When he met with the Hawks in Las Vegas last week, he realized that Atlanta was the team that wanted him the most.

Parker fits quite well with how the Hawks operate on offense. They played with the quickest pace in the league this past season, and Parker thrives in transition offense. He turned out to be a legitimate threat on the fast break for the Wizards this past season whether he was driving to the basket or facilitating for others. He was elite at finishing in the restricted area, making 71 percent of his shots. That lines up nicely for the Hawks because head coach Lloyd Pierce’s offense calls for most of the Hawks’ offense coming at the rim or from 3-point range.

He knows his role with the Hawks is to be a bench scorer, and he’s content with it.

“I figured that starting is pretty much a distraction,” Parker said. “I’ve been on the bench for two seasons in my career. The productivity that I have is pretty good. As long as I’m climbing and doing what I can [in] the moments I’m out there, I’ll be in a good position. Coming off the bench, I’ve been cool with that.”

Parker knows that the priority for this Hawks team is for the young players to get the bulk of the minutes available, but he said he’s excited to be a part of a core that’s looking to grow in this league.
The Athletic

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM

Post#1226 » by Context » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:57 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Context wrote:

The Athletic

:rofl2: :rofl2:
Spoiler:
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#1227 » by 2010 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:58 pm

I'm in the market for a cheap/productive PG. My DM still works...

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,570

Post#1228 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:17 pm

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Detroit Pistons have agreed to trade a 2020 2nd round draft pick (From Milwaukee) to the Miami Heat in exchange for a 2021 2nd round draft pick (From Detroit- Detroit gets its pick back).
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
bishnykfan

Post#1229 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:23 pm

TRANSACTION

The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to sign Michael Carter-Williams for $1/2 years.
All-Time Draft

bishnykfan

Post#1230 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:36 pm

bishnykfan wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

Our summer free agency session has come to a close after four weeks. From this point on any team with cap and roster space can sign any available free agent without delay. Just a reminder that all teams need to have a minimum of 13 players on their roster to begin the season. Any team that doesn't have the required minimum will have players signed at random by the league to fill out their roster before the regular season begins.

I have updated all of the moves that I had waiting in my inbox. Please check your teams and make sure that everything is correct. I am away until next Saturday and have limited wifi where I will be so any transactions sent in will more than likely be updated next weekend when I return.

It was a summer with a few impact free agents and a handful of blockbuster trades that saw superstars Paul George, James Harden, Draymond Green, LeBron James, Draymond Green again, Klay Thompson, Marc Gasol, Andre Drummond, Jimmy Butler, Chris Paul, Al Horford, John Wall, Kemba Walker, Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Devin Booker, Al Horford again, Kyrie Irving, and Gordon Hayward change teams. And now that the summer is coming to a close it is time to start getting ready for the 2019-20 season. First up, is our preseason power rankings. We will do it the same way we did last year. All teams will rank the other 29 teams in order 1-29. If you'd like to add a one or two sentence thought on each team that would be welcome as well. Only the teams that submit power rankings will be posted so if you don't submit a ranking, then you won't get to see where you rank. Last year we had 14 teams submit rankings. I'd like to get up to at least 20 teams this season. Like last year, all rankings and thoughts will be posted anonymously. I will take submissions from now until August 9th. Any questions, let me know.

Today was supposed to be the day that teams submitted their power rankings. But considering we only had two teams give me their rankings and it is definitely the quiet part of our season, I will extend the deadline. If you want to participate, send in a 1-29 rankings of the league with a very short blurb if you choose on each team. All rankings and what you write about each team will remain anonymous after I post the rankings. If you have any questions, let me know. It is completely optional whether you participate in this but only the teams that submit rankings will get to see where they are ranked.
All-Time Draft

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1231 » by King of Canada » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:41 pm

bishnykfan wrote:

Our summer free agency session has come to a close after four weeks. From this point on any team with cap and roster space can sign any available free agent without delay. Just a reminder that all teams need to have a minimum of 13 players on their roster to begin the season. Any team that doesn't have the required minimum will have players signed at random by the league to fill out their roster before the regular season begins.

I have updated all of the moves that I had waiting in my inbox. Please check your teams and make sure that everything is correct. I am away until next Saturday and have limited wifi where I will be so any transactions sent in will more than likely be updated next weekend when I return.

It was a summer with a few impact free agents and a handful of blockbuster trades that saw superstars Paul George, James Harden, Draymond Green, LeBron James, Draymond Green again, Klay Thompson, Marc Gasol, Andre Drummond, Jimmy Butler, Chris Paul, Al Horford, John Wall, Kemba Walker, Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Devin Booker, Al Horford again, Kyrie Irving, and Gordon Hayward change teams. And now that the summer is coming to a close it is time to start getting ready for the 2019-20 season. First up, is our preseason power rankings. We will do it the same way we did last year. All teams will rank the other 29 teams in order 1-29. If you'd like to add a one or two sentence thought on each team that would be welcome as well. Only the teams that submit power rankings will be posted so if you don't submit a ranking, then you won't get to see where you rank. Last year we had 14 teams submit rankings. I'd like to get up to at least 20 teams this season. Like last year, all rankings and thoughts will be posted anonymously. I will take submissions from now until August 9th. Any questions, let me know.

Today was supposed to be the day that teams submitted their power rankings. But considering we only had two teams give me their rankings and it is definitely the quiet part of our season, I will extend the deadline. If you want to participate, send in a 1-29 rankings of the league with a very short blurb if you choose on each team. All rankings and what you write about each team will remain anonymous after I post the rankings. If you have any questions, let me know. It is completely optional whether you participate in this but only the teams that submit rankings will get to see where they are ranked.

Thanks Bish, I'll do it for sure. I've been a bit crazy lately with the kids being home for summer and the new baby only being 8 weeks old. I'm off to the cottage this week with no wifi (just my phone), so will try to get it in maybe next weekend if that's ok.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#1232 » by Brazilian Knick » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:50 pm

bishnykfan wrote:

I completely forgot about the power rankings... I've already made two in the last month or so. I'll update my last version, make some comments and send to you in a couple of hours.
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
F: | |
C: | |
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Post#1233 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:06 pm

bishnykfan wrote:

I'll have it in by Sunday, life's been crazy lately.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Context
RealGM

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62) 

Post#1234 » by Context » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:37 am

Musa came to the Nets as a player used to dominating the ball and playing big minutes on good teams, but he just turned 20 in May and needed a year to adjust to the NBA game.

“Now that’s it’s over, it was tough,” Musa said. “It was really tough. I didn’t expect that at the beginning, but at the end, I realized how good the guys were next to me and how good [were] the teammates that I have. They helped me a lot.

“The G League helped me to mature as a player and as a person. It made me stronger. It made me realize how American basketball works.”

Spoiler:
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,924

Post#1235 » by Smash3 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Smash3 wrote:
Smash3 wrote:

Time to get that FIBA gold

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

What I tell y'all? Bagley getting that FIBA gold, I knew when Pop saw him on the court he'd call him up.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Context
RealGM

Post#1236 » by Context » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:18 pm

thread
Spoiler:
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62) 

Post#1237 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:57 pm

Looking for a starting 2 guard

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Context
RealGM

Post#1238 » by Context » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:22 pm

9 more GM's left to donate a drink for our commissioner...I am willing to match each donation up to $10-
just PM me when you donate it :D

https://www.gofundme.com/breadforbish

- its easy and you can do it anonymously. Simply go to the link- click on donate-
put "Mr" as your first name and your "board name" as your last- enter any credit card number(
they dont ask for a name) and like Magic- you are done!

Salute to you Slicin!

8 more gm's to go! As promised I will match the $10 now...
ON Edit: Match completed![/quote]
Salute to you Knicksfan20!
7 more to go- as promised I just matched![/quote]
Salute to you Knicksfan1992!
6 more to go- as promised I just matched!
Salute to you ezmoney707!
5 more to go- as promised I just matched!
Spoiler:
Context
RealGM

Post#1239 » by Context » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:22 pm

THE BEST NBA FREE AGENTS STILL AVAILABLE

8. Marquese Chriss
There’s no denying that Marquese Chriss has had plenty of opportunities to carve out consistent playing time across stints with the rebuilding Phoenix Suns and Cleveland Cavaliers. The fact that he hasn’t, should not go unnoticed.

That being said, I’m not ready to give up on the the 22-year-old former lottery pick just yet. Chriss averaged 16.5 points and 6.8 rebounds when given more than 20 minutes of playing time during his rookie season three years ago.

Yes, that’s a cherry picked stat, but it’s not Chriss’ fault that he landed in a terrible developmental environment when he was drafted. If Chriss was going to be a competent starter, he would have forced a team’s hand by now, but there’s no reason why he can’t still be a valuable, athletic, rotation big with upside.

He's on the block if anyone is interested...
Spoiler:
Context
RealGM

Post#1240 » by Context » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Spoiler:

Return to New York Knicks