ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,113

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#121 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:07 pm

I think those latest clips reflect what Caron Butler has known. Now, I don’t think Fultz will just start out of the gate, but I am cautiously optimistic he does 5-on-5 come training camp. I think he plays preseason. If he stays healthy (physically and mentally), plays hard as much as he’s worked hard this summer, there’s no reason why he cannot cement himself as DJ’s backup come Opening Night.

Form has never mattered to me. If you hit at a great clip, it doesn’t cause potential injury/stress issues, it’s not more susceptible to getting blocked, then I don’t care. He looks comfortable in those videos, those moves look great. He’s being defended fairly respectably (better than some of these offseason league videos I see from around the NBA).
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#122 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:48 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I think Morrisons credentials as a college player was the reason he was highly regarded not some shadowy hidden agenda to prop up white players.

You may be right but that doesn’t make it smart.

Watch HOW he played in college rather than jump into the numbers and there just didn’t appear to be another level for his game.

I’ll take a raw, error prone college prospect who absolutely WOWS! us with the occasional play few others can make and hope to develop that kid into something consistent long before I take the stable, effective kid with no room to grow when talking about a top 5 pick.
ooof not me. So many guys come through the draft who can make a wow play but are generally pretty ineffective. A lot of players are overrated by their measurables. Looking at that draft there are only a handful of guys I’d pick above Morrison. In a redraft he still goes 8th arguably. Tough to say since Rondo is a such a system player and Roy/Morrison suffered injuries. I’d take Morrison over Tyrus, a raw, error prone player if we were drafting them again right now.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,158

Post#123 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:25 pm

Adam Morrison fanboys existing in 2019

:crazy:
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#124 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:07 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I think Morrisons credentials as a college player was the reason he was highly regarded not some shadowy hidden agenda to prop up white players.

Watch HOW he played in college rather than jump into the numbers and there just didn’t appear to be another level for his game.

I’ll take a raw, error prone college prospect who absolutely WOWS! us with the occasional play few others can make and hope to develop that kid into something consistent long before I take the stable, effective kid with no room to grow when talking about a top 5 pick.
ooof not me. So many guys come through the draft who can make a wow play but are generally pretty ineffective. A lot of players are overrated by their measurables. Looking at that draft there are only a handful of guys I’d pick above Morrison. In a redraft he still goes 8th arguably. Tough to say since Rondo is a such a system player and Roy/Morrison suffered injuries. I’d take Morrison over Tyrus, a raw, error prone player if we were drafting them again right now.

This is a star driven league. If you’re drafting in the top 5 it is extremely likely that your team is still searching for a star.

The correct strategy is obvious ... and it isn’t what you’re describing here.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#125 » by basketballRob » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:35 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:I think those latest clips reflect what Caron Butler has known. Now, I don’t think Fultz will just start out of the gate, but I am cautiously optimistic he does 5-on-5 come training camp. I think he plays preseason. If he stays healthy (physically and mentally), plays hard as much as he’s worked hard this summer, there’s no reason why he cannot cement himself as DJ’s backup come Opening Night.

Form has never mattered to me. If you hit at a great clip, it doesn’t cause potential injury/stress issues, it’s not more susceptible to getting blocked, then I don’t care. He looks comfortable in those videos, those moves look great. He’s being defended fairly respectably (better than some of these offseason league videos I see from around the NBA).
If Markelle looks like the better player, I expect Clifford to have him start sooner rather than later. The quicker you make the move, the more time you have for players to get comfortable in their roles.

That was always SVG philosophy anyway and he's Cliff's mentor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,260

Post#126 » by pepe1991 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:37 pm

2006 draft sucked bigt time, maybe one of worst drafts ever

In retrospective with hindsight re-drafting would go something like :

Lamrcus Aldrige
Paul Millsap (second round pick)
Lowry ( 24th pick)
Rudy Gay
JJ Redick/Rondo

after that you can make strong argument that picking between Morrison , Bargnani, Sheldon Williams, Randy Foye, Thomas, Patrick O'Bryant and Hilton Armstrong really would not make any difference.

I only used Adam Morrison as obvious example of player who could shoot at college but his shooting ( or scoring, or anything else) did not translate in NBA.
Better side by side comparison for Fultz is Lonzo, who made more threes than Fultz at college, at same percentage, had same FT% issues and to this date simply can't shoot in nba.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#127 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:14 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

This is a star driven league. If you’re drafting in the top 5 it is extremely likely that your team is still searching for a star.

Which is what? Well drafting a raw player every year and hoping that they can build one or two wow moments into an elite career? It’s notnthat obvious, least of all to arm chair GMs. I personally feel At some point you need guys with actual skill, who can put the ball in the hoop. The strategy shifts depending on the front office, the team already in place, and the players that are in the draft. There’s not one specific strategy.

I didn’t actually communicate a strategy, I simply stated that in a 2006 re draft Morrison still goes 8th and that Tyrus Thomas, the pinnacle of the type of player you’re saying has a strategic advantage over a guy like Morrison, wasn’t an nba player, nor was Sheldon Williams, along with a number of players picked after #3.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,631

Post#128 » by thelead » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:56 pm

STOP RUINING THE ONLY THREAD I CARE ABOUT!!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#129 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:36 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote: ooof not me. So many guys come through the draft who can make a wow play but are generally pretty ineffective. A lot of players are overrated by their measurables. Looking at that draft there are only a handful of guys I’d pick above Morrison. In a redraft he still goes 8th arguably. Tough to say since Rondo is a such a system player and Roy/Morrison suffered injuries. I’d take Morrison over Tyrus, a raw, error prone player if we were drafting them again right now.

Which is what? Well drafting a raw player every year and hoping that they can build one or two wow moments into an elite career? It’s notnthat obvious, least of all to arm chair GMs. I personally feel At some point you need guys with actual skill, who can put the ball in the hoop. The strategy shifts depending on the front office, the team already in place, and the players that are in the draft. There’s not one specific strategy.

I didn’t actually communicate a strategy, I simply stated that in a 2006 re draft Morrison still goes 8th and that Tyrus Thomas, the pinnacle of the type of player you’re saying has a strategic advantage over a guy like Morrison, wasn’t an nba player, nor was Sheldon Williams, along with a number of players picked after #3.

“At some point you need guys with actual skill.”

I will assume by that you mean guys with key roles who can do one think at a high NBA level? Like for example a sharp shooter.

Yes, I fully agree. And that point is AFTER you find your super star(s).
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#130 » by RookieStar » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:36 am

Guys lets get back on topic an drop that Adam M. talk. Last i read about him was that he became a prepper and had a collection of firearms that probably rivals a police precinct armory.

So.. any more vids on fultz? He lost weight disnt he?
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#131 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:00 am

The Real Dalic wrote:This thread went down the drain fast bringing up "the great white hope" for some reason.

Not sure why race always has to be a thing around here.

Hoping something Fultz related comes out soon so this thread can stay unlocked.

You think it was brought up for no reason? The discussion turned to Adam Morrison. Pretty simple. Last person I want to talk about in this thread is Adam Morrison.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#132 » by fendilim » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:39 am

I think fultz only plays after allstar
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,631

Post#133 » by thelead » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:20 am

fendilim wrote:I think fultz only plays after allstar

I think it’s going to rain tomorrow
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#134 » by Ducklett » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:43 am

thelead wrote:
fendilim wrote:I think fultz only plays after allstar

I think it’s going to rain tomorrow

I think Marvel's X-Men movie should start with the O5 and go movie to movie big events in the comics.

We were all posting birthday wishes, right? Mine is in a few days so I just assumed...

If anyone wanted to get me a gift, a Cyclops costume so I can go trick or treating with my niece is at the top of my list.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Post#135 » by Howard Mass » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:42 am

Another Markelle Fultz Update

Read on Twitter
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#136 » by OrlandO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:17 am

He no longer looks chubby
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#137 » by pepe1991 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 am

Howard Mass wrote:Another Markelle Fultz Update

Read on Twitter

my God that comments on that tweet :lol: :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#138 » by RookieStar » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 am

can u give examples on the comments?
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#139 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:23 am

RookieStar wrote:can u give examples on the comments?

Just people being *jerks*, trolling and taking pleasure in other peoples failures. They must be living pretty perfect lives.

*Mod edit for profanity
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#140 » by pepe1991 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:12 am

RookieStar wrote:can u give examples on the comments?

owen mccarthy
@__mccarthyy
·
8h
Replying to
@MarkelleF
Remember when u pump faked that foul shot hahahahhah

Evbiid
@Ev_Bean
·
11h
Replying to