ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 II: BIG as F

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 II: BIG as F 

Post#1761 » by basketballRob » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:05 am

Sounds like they're demoting Bam for Bagley.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#1762 » by Ducklett » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:41 am

The draft with Luka and Bagley very well could go down as one of the best. Imagine if all they guys that look promising already turn out to have staying power in the League. Could be the next generation of superstars a la 85 draft.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#1763 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:56 am

Impressive dribble drive by JI. If he can do it consistently look out.
aka: prorl
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Post#1764 » by pepe1991 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:33 am

Team White had no offense whatsoever.
They shot 32% from the floor.

Isaac had
11 points
5 rebounds
2 assists
4 steals
0 blocks
3-10 FG
1-4 for 3
1 Foul
1 TO
+/- of -13

John Collins was closest thing to solid on USA White with 12 points, 8 rebounds on 46% FG , ,he is also only player on their team that shot 45% or better.

Blue team had clear talent adventage with Tatum , Walker and Fox.

Kemba, Fox and Tatum combined for 43 points on 18/28 shooting. Witch means that 3 of them only had 9 FGM less than whole opponents team together. Tatum really stood up as top tear talent knocking down 6 of 8 shots with , as usual good defense.

Since USA is always heavy favorite to win gold, this is best year to bet against it. Whole roster they put up is nothing special with main stars all being young kids, aside from Kemba. France , Spain but especially Serbia have type of roster that could beat USA in one game.
Jokić is probably best player on tournament anyway.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,527

Post#1765 » by SOUL » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 am

That's not bad for Isaac besides the shooting, did a little of everything.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#1766 » by drsd » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:35 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:I'm not the only one that thinks Isaac might be 7'1" now, right? He's noticeably taller than Myles Turner.

Isaac is recently quoted as "I am now 6' 13" ".

drsd
RealGM

Post#1767 » by drsd » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:36 am

basketballRob wrote:Sounds like they're demoting Bam for Bagley.

This makes sense as in international ball, talent is relatively more important than out-right size (height).

drsd
RealGM

Post#1768 » by drsd » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:45 am

Off topic: As Senegal qualified for the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019, and is dominant in the Afirican cup, I wonder how long till Tacko Fall makes the Men's National team.

The Centers are currently Gorgui Dieng and Youssou Ndoye. It might take 4 years to crack that depth chart. But I would expect Fall to (eventually) make the National team.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#1769 » by magicman112 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:I'm not the only one that thinks Isaac might be 7'1" now, right? He's noticeably taller than Myles Turner.

He's noticeably bigger too. I almost didn't recognize him at first glance.
ReadyOrlando
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#1770 » by ReadyOrlando » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:38 pm

He was next to Lopez at the end of the game and definitely looked taller.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1771 » by basketballRob » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:56 pm

You can notice Isaac gained some weight. Hopefully his knee is okay. When he dove on the floor, I noticed him wincing and holding the knee that was wrapped

ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#1772 » by ezzzp » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:10 pm

The white team clearly was missing a PG to match the talent level of Kemba/Fox.

Tatum looks like a future superstar, smooth, versatile skill set, solid enough defender and a smart decision maker.

Fox is still pretty raw from a PG bbIQ pov, but his speed and athleticism are impressive and also looks like a perennial All-Star once he reaches his prime ascent. Bagely is very talented on the offensive end, his shot selection was a bit iffy and defense was awful...Sacramento has a nice duo to work with.

Isaac looked ok, a bit tentative on his decisions. He looked best when attacking closeouts or broken defenses. He doesn't seem to yet realize that he can just shoot or pass over people so his instincts are to rush his decisions. He isn't as athletic a drive/dunker as AG, but he's way smoother and has better skill/instincts around the rim than AG was at that stage.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1773 » by pepe1991 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:52 pm

ezzzp wrote:The white team clearly was missing a PG to match the talent level of Kemba/Fox.

Tatum looks like a future superstar, smooth, versatile skill set, solid enough defender and a smart decision maker.

Fox is still pretty raw from a PG bbIQ pov, but his speed and athleticism are impressive and also looks like a perennial All-Star once he reaches his prime ascent. Bagely is very talented on the offensive end, his shot selection was a bit iffy and defense was awful...Sacramento has a nice duo to work with.

Isaac looked ok, a bit tentative on his decisions. He looked best when attacking closeouts or broken defenses. He doesn't seem to yet realize that he can just shoot or pass over people so his instincts are to rush his decisions. He isn't as athletic a drive/dunker as AG, but he's way smoother and has better skill/instincts around the rim than AG was at that stage.

I really liked Fox around draft, without looking at his jumpshot nobody could tell is he left or right handed , that's how easly he finishes around rim with both hands . And that first step is super quick.
Him and Tatum are turning into stars so early . Tatum is 21 and he will probably have 18-20 ppg season , Fox is also 21 and he already has 17 ppg 7,3 apg season behind him.

Going back to 2017 draft in few years and re-drafting it will be fun ( unless you are Suns GM :lol: )
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1774 » by basketballRob » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:09 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
ezzzp wrote:The white team clearly was missing a PG to match the talent level of Kemba/Fox.

I really liked Fox around draft, without looking at his jumpshot nobody could tell is he left or right handed , that's how easly he finishes around rim with both hands . And that first step is super quick.
Him and Tatum are turning into stars so early . Tatum is 21 and he will probably have 18-20 ppg season , Fox is also 21 and he already has 17 ppg 7,3 apg season behind him.

Going back to 2017 draft in few years and re-drafting it will be fun ( unless you are Suns GM )
I remember most here wanted DSJ even over Fox. If we could have moved up, I think most wanted Jackson. I liked Isaac, Monk, and Jackson.

Fultz is the biggest question mark. Until he's ruled out permanently or plays a full year, it's purely speculation on what kind of player he'll be. I still think once he gets a full year in, he'll be considered a top 5 pick in a redraft.

Fultz is a year younger than Fox, and you could argue that his numbers were better than Fox at the same age.

Hopefully Fultz can have a big jump like Fox did from 20 to 21 years old.

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#1775 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:43 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

Going back to 2017 draft in few years and re-drafting it will be fun ( unless you are Suns GM :lol: )

I admittedly missed on Fox. I thought he would be good, but I didn't see him as a fit for our roster. A lot of it did have to do with us having gone through 3 seasons of Payton and him still being on the roster. I was ready for a PG that could shoot. Fox is much more prime John Wall then Elfrid Payton though and would have been a great pick had he been there.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#1776 » by yoyojw17 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:20 am

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#1777 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:57 am

yoyojw17 wrote:Image

That's honestly pretty good for a 7 footer. I don't expect him to be breaking ankles in games or anything, but it's pretty rare for a 7 footer to be able to do that.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1778 » by basketballRob » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 am

NBA releases the schedule at 3 pm today.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1779 » by pepe1991 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:04 am

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Going back to 2017 draft in few years and re-drafting it will be fun ( unless you are Suns GM )
I remember most here wanted DSJ even over Fox. If we could have moved up, I think most wanted Jackson. I liked Isaac, Monk, and Jackson.

Fultz is the biggest question mark. Until he's ruled out permanently or plays a full year, it's purely speculation on what kind of player he'll be. I still think once he gets a full year in, he'll be considered a top 5 pick in a redraft.

Fultz is a year younger than Fox, and you could argue that his numbers were better than Fox at the same age.

Hopefully Fultz can have a big jump like Fox did from 20 to 21 years old.

Well we drafted 6th, so lot of us knew that we have no shot at Tatum (who i didn't like that much, i didn't think he has athletics to be this good... I was dead wrong ), Fultz, who was viewed as top 2 pick , Lonzo or Jackson/Fox.
So naturally, people wanted Isaac, Markkanen, Smith or Monk, because they were realistic options,

Difference in age between guys like Fultz, Fox or Smith are basically non.
Oldest among them is Fox who is only 6 months older than youngest, Fultz.
Smith and Fultz are only 2 months difference in age.

All of them are super young.

People still sleep on Markkanen who had nasty injury through year, but for example in March averaged 26 ppg , 14 rebounds on 49% FG and 35% for 3 and 92% FTs ( on 6,6 attemps). That guy also just turned 22 and has league's average 3point percentage on whooping 6,2 attemps a game.
IF you compare his stats, he is right where Dirk was after 2 years, will he take next step is hard to tell ,but guy can play.

On other hand Lonzo,Jackson, Collins, Nitkilina,Monk, Kennard... meh
drsd
RealGM

Post#1780 » by drsd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:52 am

yoyojw17 wrote:Image

I like this one more. Isaac going left and going high off the glass with his left hand, this is a new skill !

Return to Orlando Magic