ImageImageImage

Official Offseason thread Vol 3: Bck2BACK

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Re: Official Offseason thread Vol 3: Bck2BACK 

Post#1321 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:24 pm

sans 7-8 players in the league, everyone is always available for the right price
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#1322 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:55 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sad this man is 30 years old and still letting weed affect his professional life. That is equivalent to letting spades or tunk stop me from working in my career.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
he's not alone,remember ricky williams from the dolphins? but i agree he nedds treatment...
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,119

Post#1323 » by twix2500 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:11 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sad this man is 30 years old and still letting weed affect his professional life. That is equivalent to letting spades or tunk stop me from working in my career.

he's not alone,remember ricky williams from the dolphins? but i agree he nedds treatment...

Its sad and bothers me a lot because I can predict pretty much how this ends. Most people blow it off when they young and feeling great but by the time they reach 30 or 40 they look a hot mess. Some catch on and they clean themselves up so they can live a relative healthy life. But many die about 40. My sister died at 44 in 2007, heart just stopped on her. Had a homie who died this past May, I warned him and tried to get him to stop getting **** up. Even told him he was gonna have a heart attack. He was losing a lot of weight, he would laugh it off rationalize it as a diet. He had a heart attack in front of him moms, drop dead face first. Have a homie that had to get a kidney transplant at age 30. Everyone one of them were so called vegan organic food and drug addicts. I can go on, even know some that had NBA potential that just chose getting high. What frustrates me the most is they all have the same rationalization of their drug use. I think today generation has a different outlook because they do not get to the see the street walking addicts that we seen in the 90s. Drugs are now distributed online and not on the corner no more. So the negative effects is out of sight out of mind. My homie who died last may, dude was getting blazed so much, he didnt even take a bath for weeks. Had his own home and good job, but was using everything to get blazed. His water heater broke, instead of fixing the dam heater, he bought more weed. So he didnt take baths. He came by my house looking bad and smelling bad. I had to drive him to his moms house to embarrass him and to show her. Hoping the embarrassment was more than he can joke away. He agreed to chill with him moms for while to get himself together. Not too long after that he died.

Sorry for the rant, but I keep thinking about when I seen and talked to Beasley in Walgreen down the street from the arena his rookie year. And just from speaking to him, I was concerned if he was mentally ready. 12 years later, his legacy is pot.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Post#1324 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:36 pm

twix2500 wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Its sad and bothers me a lot because I can predict pretty much how this ends. Most people blow it off when they young and feeling great but by the time they reach 30 or 40 they look a hot mess. Some catch on and they clean themselves up so they can live a relative healthy life. But many die about 40. My sister died at 44 in 2007, heart just stopped on her. Had a homie who died this past May, I warned him and tried to get him to stop getting **** up. Even told him he was gonna have a heart attack. He was losing a lot of weight, he would laugh it off rationalize it as a diet. He had a heart attack in front of him moms, drop dead face first. Have a homie that had to get a kidney transplant at age 30. Everyone one of them were so called vegan organic food and drug addicts. I can go on, even know some that had NBA potential that just chose getting high. What frustrates me the most is they all have the same rationalization of their drug use. I think today generation has a different outlook because they do not get to the see the street walking addicts that we seen in the 90s. Drugs are now distributed online and not on the corner no more. So the negative effects is out of sight out of mind. My homie who died last may, dude was getting blazed so much, he didnt even take a bath for weeks. Had his own home and good job, but was using everything to get blazed. His water heater broke, instead of fixing the dam heater, he bought more weed. So he didnt take baths. He came by my house looking bad and smelling bad. I had to drive him to his moms house to embarrass him and to show her. Hoping the embarrassment was more than he can joke away. He agreed to chill with him moms for while to get himself together. Not too long after that he died.
so sorry for your loses but yeah drugs are a scourge of humanity.i have seen crack addicted people sell their invalid's son wares and toys in order to buy their fix.so i have seen first hand too how terrible drugs are.you are correct the rationalizations that people come up with for their vice is...amazing

i was personally vituperated on an online gaming forum for going agaisnt the pro drug crowd. i was vilified and told plenty of names because according to them i didnt know what i was talking about and they knew that drug use couldnt do harm.shrugs,whatever i left that forum for good.there's ample evidence that drug use destroy the body and the mind and those that say otherwise are blind or worse yet are druggies themselves. oh well......you can do only so much to educate and warn people,they gotta make their decisions themselves
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,334

Post#1325 » by Bishop45 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:24 pm

twix2500 wrote:By all star breakImage

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1326 » by Bishop45 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:38 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Beas surely isn't the only one that's cheifin', they should get off his back

Suspending him 5 games while he's not signed is a low blow

Rest in Power Chadwick

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1327 » by HeatIn5 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:06 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I thought The new anti drug policy wasn’t weed
Read on Twitter
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Post#1328 » by DayofMourning » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:22 am

Beasley was never that guy to get in line. Always an excuse. He needs weed to make himself feel normal.

Heck, it's about to be legal everywhere so I'm not going to dump on him too much. It should be legal. Regardless, Beasley is a multi millionaire. He has succeeded despite the herb.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1329 » by Bishop45 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:29 am

JustiseForMiami wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I thought The new anti drug policy wasn’t weed

Can't imagine any stronger drug that would warrant a measly 5 game suspension.

If it's not weed, can't be anything potent enough to ring out alarms

Rest in Power Chadwick

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1330 » by Bishop45 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:14 am

Gonna bed, but for whoever wants to watch;

https://www.twitch.tv/nba

Rest in Power Chadwick

Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,495

Post#1331 » by Enso » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:41 am

Bam got cut , what the H . Well at least that will fuel him and he won’t get injured so there’s a silver lining .
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,096

Post#1332 » by TroubleS0me » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:30 am

Bishop45 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:By all star breakImage

lmao
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#1333 » by contract » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:34 am

Enso wrote:Bam got cut , what the H . Well at least that will fuel him and he won’t get injured so there’s a silver lining .

Beat out by Mason Plumlee is not a good look. :nonono:

Maybe it was due to Plumlee's Team USA experience, but still.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1334 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:09 am

contract wrote:
Enso wrote:Bam got cut , what the H . Well at least that will fuel him and he won’t get injured so there’s a silver lining .

Maybe it was due to Plumlee's Team USA experience,but still.

Umm..prior experience on Team USA is a big deal, nothing to sweep under the rug. This stuff involves a lot of politics, Bam wasnt “beat out” by anybody. Some of you just look for stuff to bish and be dramatic about
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#1335 » by Hallstar » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:49 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
contract wrote:

Maybe it was due to Plumlee's Team USA experience,but still.

Umm..prior experience on Team USA is a big deal, nothing to sweep under the rug. This stuff involves a lot of politics, Bam wasnt “beat out” by anybody. Some of you just look for stuff to bish and be dramatic about

Being cut means you were beat out by somebody. That's the definition. If you show dominant ability, you don't have to worry about politics. It was a good step getting the invite
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1336 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:54 pm

And here comes the wingman to defend his honor
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,125

Post#1337 » by dolphinatik » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:10 pm

they wanted to get White and Bagley in there. Sucks for Bam but they were not playing that big anyway. Wierd since u have 4 Celtics in there and Marcus sMart cant shoot.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1338 » by twix2500 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

That's irrelevant, Vin Baker wasn't the only one drinking Alcohol. Look it's not about the legality of weed. I have always been a proponent of legalizing weed. Hell I think people should not be locked up for getting high on anything. This is about Beasley having an addiction not someone who smokes once in a while. This about Beasley as a 30 yr old man as a professional. A company can make requirements of their employees that has nothing to do with legality. Beasley has become depended on a substance and letting it control his life, personal and professional. It was blatantly obvious at times it was effecting his game play.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#1339 » by twix2500 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:31 pm

It is not a good look Bam getting cut from the Team USA. It's a big statement he has a long way to go to be a big name in this league. Hopefully he did learn something after a few weeks

RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#1340 » by RJM » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Beas smoked weed at about the time his mother died from cancer. That's one hell of a random test.

Return to Miami Heat