ImageImageImageImageImage

Marcus Smart: "Kyrie's a great teammate."; "We [Celtics] were dysfunctional."

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Marcus Smart: "Kyrie's a great teammate."; "We [Celtics] were dysfunctional." 

Post#21 » by kamaze » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:28 pm

F5$I Thanksgiving it's national indigenous day.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Re: Marcus Smart: "Kyrie's a great teammate."; "We [Celtics] were dysfunctional." 

Post#22 » by BigRedDog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:12 am

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:Hayward...? Now that's interesting. Hint hint?

Meh. But overall, and as someone close to being a 20-year fan of the club at this point... I do think someone has to say this, mateys--

Your various defenses of Kyrie have merit IMO, but they also tend to glaringly overlook: 1) how utterly batsh-t crazy his body of beliefs have historically been, and 2) what that gal who recently interviewed him had to say in his defense ('he's wasn't the sole problem for sure, but he seems to have major issues that have a likelihood to cause divides and trouble for whatever team he plays for.')

The hope here is obviously that Kenny & staff can figure out a way to work with this guy. That's all well and fine, and that's where my personal bet lies.

But this endless load of seemingly uninformed, cheap 'Kyrie-defenses' makes me think how utterly gleeful other fans will be to tear in to the Nets, given the potential for problems down the road. Hopefully it never happens like I say, but as some Greek dude once said-- 'Know yourself, be willing to look yourself in the eye, and recognise your faults. Nobody in the world can hurt you if you're willing to do that bit of work ahead of them.'

I think the defenses coming from Net fans about Kyrie as a player have merit. People on the GB are trying to undersell him hard because they're salty af. His metrics are elite across the board. There is good reason to be excited about him being in Kenny Atkinson's offense.

I personally stay out of the whole stuff regarding Kyrie's character, I don't think Nets fans really have any business commenting on it until we get to know this guy ourselves. Yes, I do think he is a bit odd and his belief in conspiracy theory/metaphysics could either be just a phase he's going through or apart of an underlying issue...I'm concerned that he may be dealing with mental health issues, such as depression based on the things I've read or heard about him and his moody behavior. Mind you, as someone who has dealt with anxiety disorder and depression for most of my life, this isn't something that should be held against him or disqualifying...I would just hope that if he indeed does have some issues, he can get them addressed while he's here.

Either way, my stance on Kyrie Irving is that he starts fresh here with us. Whatever happened in Cleveland and Boston stays there, just like how what happened in LA with D'Angelo Russell stays there. I'll be rooting for Kyrie to have a monster year and hopefully he embraces the culture, positive energy, and camaraderie that we have come to know and love about Sean Marks' Nets.

I have mental health issues as well but I've never heard Kyrie dealt with it. I have heard about him being mixed up with the occult though.

He has the all seeing eye on his sneakers too Image

First Kyrie gets all these Third Eye tattoos... then Tool releases a new album after 12 years outta nowhere?

Coincidence? No chance. I think Kyrie is in Tool.

Actually i just listened to the song Third Eye. At the end does it sound like he's singing

PRYING OPEN KY's THIRD EYE.

PRYING OPEN KY'S THIRD EYE.

Fast forward to 12:00 to see if you agree.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#23 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Jaylen Brown thought the celtics were as good as the '86 celtics... ainge alluding to him being too much about personal goals

Ainge made an appearance on the Michael Holley Podcast with Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca this past week and reflected a bit on when he believed trouble was brewing last year. One sign? An early conversation with Jaylen Brown in the lunch room.

“He came and sat behind me, and he said, ‘Do you think we’re as good as the 1986 Celtics team?’ ” Ainge told Holley. “And I went, ‘Oh my gosh. He’s so young.’ I mean, I just don’t think they could even grasp that 1985 loss to the Lakers and the torture of that series and what that led (to), and Larry Bird was in his prime, one of the greatest Celtics of all time. But it was just fascinating. (Brown) was looking at it like matchup to matchup to matchup, like you’re doing a video game. That was a real awakening to me — just the perspective of guys.”

The Celtics went on to a disappointing 49-win season and ugly second-round exit against the Bucks.

“Certain guys thought they were going to be All-Stars this year,” Ainge said. “And they work hard all summer to reach these individual goals, but we just had too much individual goals. We didn’t have enough guys that winning was the most important thing. And when you have 21- and 22-year-old kids, that’s gonna happen.”
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Prokorov wrote:Jaylen Brown thought the celtics were as good as the '86 celtics... ainge alluding to him being too much about personal goals

Ainge made an appearance on the Michael Holley Podcast with Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca this past week and reflected a bit on when he believed trouble was brewing last year. One sign? An early conversation with Jaylen Brown in the lunch room.

“He came and sat behind me, and he said, ‘Do you think we’re as good as the 1986 Celtics team?’ ” Ainge told Holley. “And I went, ‘Oh my gosh. He’s so young.’ I mean, I just don’t think they could even grasp that 1985 loss to the Lakers and the torture of that series and what that led (to), and Larry Bird was in his prime, one of the greatest Celtics of all time. But it was just fascinating. (Brown) was looking at it like matchup to matchup to matchup, like you’re doing a video game. That was a real awakening to me — just the perspective of guys.”

The Celtics went on to a disappointing 49-win season and ugly second-round exit against the Bucks.

“Certain guys thought they were going to be All-Stars this year,” Ainge said. “And they work hard all summer to reach these individual goals, but we just had too much individual goals. We didn’t have enough guys that winning was the most important thing. And when you have 21- and 22-year-old kids, that’s gonna happen.”

Terry Rozier also publicly defended Kyrie Irving, btw.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

So like I said...Irving gets a clean slate.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#25 » by Brooklyn91 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:38 pm

i think alot of people played a role in why the celtics year ended the way it did but kyrie is in a place he wants to be and i hope he has learned from whatever mistakes were made in boston. He was always one of my favoriter players and has become somewhat of a underdog
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#26 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Brooklyn91 wrote:i think alot of people played a role in why the celtics year ended the way it did but kyrie is in a place he wants to be and i hope he has learned from whatever mistakes were made in boston. He was always one of my favoriter players and has become somewhat of a underdog

Welcome to the party pal

Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#27 » by Aussienet3 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:i think alot of people played a role in why the celtics year ended the way it did but kyrie is in a place he wants to be and i hope he has learned from whatever mistakes were made in boston. He was always one of my favoriter players and has become somewhat of a underdog

Welcome to the party pal

Bruce Willis voice?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:57 am

Aussienet3 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Welcome to the party pal

Bruce Willis voice?

Return to Brooklyn Nets