ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News/Trades/Transactions - Bucks Fined $50K for Tampering LOL

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Xmas at Philly 

Post#181 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:03 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Nuggets liked Bledsoe as recently as a few seasons ago:

The Denver Nuggets were reportedly at the “goal line” in a potential trade for Eric Bledsoe.

According to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, Denver “almost certainly” would have included Emmanuel Mudiay and a first-round pick in the deal.

https://www.slamonline.com/archives/nuggets-almost-trade-emmanuel-mudiay-pick-eric-bledsoe/

They just gave Murray $180 million.

That Murray contract isn't looking good - after he had a disappointing season. Btw, Mudiay signed for chump change with Utah. I think people are sleeping on his potential. I would have targeted him as someone to pick up in the bargain free agent bin.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Xmas at Philly 

Post#182 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:18 pm

I think inconsistent would be a better way to describe Jamal last season. Not sure I'd go so far as to call it a disappointment. Even during the POR series he mostly played well in their three wins.

And Bledsoe (don't want to trade him tho) next to Murray would be an interesting experiment. Murray at SG might be a 22-25ppg guy playing off Bled, akin to a super-charged Brogdon if you will. Defensively would obviously be another story.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#183 » by emunney » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:20 pm

I think it's fine to bet on Murray given their situation and his shooting at a young age. You assume he'll improve as he matures and either his shot selection improves or he just becomes such a good shot-maker that it doesn't matter what kind of shot he's taking.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#184 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:35 pm

I’m very curious about the internal evaluation process of Bledsoe’s brain. You obviously can’t replicate the highest stakes playoff series throughout the regular season. Bled played well against Reggie Jackson and Ish Smith, decent against a quitting on his team Kyrie Irving and we know the rest. How can anyone be confident he won’t he fall victim to what we’ve seen for two consecutive years under different staffs? It’s not just that he’s “bad.” He’s looked like Ryan McDonough was doing treacherous things to his Voodoo doll.
emunney
RealGM

Post#185 » by emunney » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:49 pm

I think Bledsoe's problem is easier to fix than a guy who just doesn't have the goods or who doesn't care.

There was an article in 2011 after the Heatles lost in their first year together about LeBron's choking. The original link is dead but somebody on nbadraft.net was kind enough to repost in its entirety. I think it speaks with more specificity to the kind of issues Bledsoe is having.

So what's the best way to overcome this? How can LeBron James turn back into the fourth-quarter beast he used to be? Move on and forget the 2011 NBA Finals ever happened?

Nope. Davis says the best way to erase the past is to dwell on it. Watch the failure again and again and again on tape until it evokes zero emotional response. Watch the disaster until you're so numb to it that it feels like someone else is doing the failing.

"I've worked with too many athletes who say, 'Screw it, it's a bad game,' ” Davis says. "Some people will get away with 'Forget about it.' But most athletes will find that's a bad idea. They haven't got past the emotional experience."

https://www.nbadraft.net/forum/interesting-read-about-lebron-and-choking
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#186 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 7, 2019 8:52 pm

I always was and continue to be pretty high on Murray (Celtics should have taken him 3rd in that draft), but that's a hell of a lot of money to give him, especially when, like the McCollum situation in POR, there was absolutely no urgency to get that deal done on Denver's part.
emunney
RealGM

Post#187 » by emunney » Wed Aug 7, 2019 9:03 pm

I'm of a mind that if you have somebody you want to keep, you don't play those kinds of games with them. Also, if he really blows up, the upside is that you now have three additional contracted years that you wouldn't have if he signed a 2+1 in RFA.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#188 » by crkone » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:09 pm

Aldridge: How much better is your team since its season ended? Here’s how I rank them

13. MILWAUKEE BUCKS
2018-19 RECORD: 60-22, lost in Eastern Conference finals.

ADDED: C Robin Lopez (two years, $9.7M); G Wes Matthews (two years, $5.2M); G Kyle Korver (one year, $2.6M); F Dragan Bender (two years, $3.5M); F Thanasis Antetokounmpo (two years, $3.1M); F Jon Leuer (acquired from Detroit); G Kevin Porter (first round, 30th pick overall); 2020 first-round pick (protected 1-14 through 2025; unprotected in 2026; acquired from Indiana); 2021 second-round pick (to be acquired from Indiana a year after Indiana completes its trade with Brooklyn); 2025 second-round pick (acquired from Indiana).

LOST: G Malcolm Brogdon (signed with Indiana); F Nikola Mirotic (signed with F.C. Barcelona); F Tony Snell (traded to Detroit); G Tim Frazier (signed with Detroit); F Bonzie Colson (waived); 2020 first-round pick (protected 1-7 in 2020, then unprotected in 2021; traded to Boston).

RETAINED: G Khris Middleton (five years, $177.5M); C Brook Lopez (four years, $52M); G George Hill (three years, $27.8M).

THE KEY MAN: Giannis Antetokounmpo. What, you thought I was going to say Eric Bledsoe? The league MVP was a Hulk at both ends of the floor in leading Milwaukee to 60 regular season wins. But the expectations will be even higher for the 24-year-old superstar this season. With Kawhi Leonard gone from Toronto, the East is wide open, and the Greek Freak is the best player in the conference, if not the league.

Everyone tried to build a wall in front of him all season, but the Raptors succeeded in the Eastern finals, holding him below 45 percent shooting from the floor. The Klaw had a lot to do with that, of course, but other teams will try it again in the playoffs. Antetokounmpo will have to do better both behind the arc (.327 in the playoffs last season) and from the line; even though he got to the line more than 11 times a game in the postseason, he didn’t make opponents pay, shooting just 63 percent.

THE SKINNY: I am Team Bucks going forward just for the Lopez Brothers alone. They should provide nightly entertainment on and off the floor playing together for the first time since they were at Stanford. There is also the older Antetokounmpo brother, who won hardware of some importance this past season, returning to terrorize the rest of the NBA. This is not to discount the impact of losing Brogdon, and especially to their Central rival Pacers. His absence will be felt. But Milwaukee kept its losses to a minimum through roster maneuvering last season that allowed the Bucks to comfortably stretch this summer to re-sign Middleton and Brook Lopez.

When you’re an elite team you can’t keep all of your good players. Vets like Korver and Matthews will help win their share of games, further extending a bench already full of talented role players like Sterling Brown and Pat Connaughton. GM Jon Horst is to be commended for good planning and good execution to keep the train rolling in Brew Town.

https://theathletic.com/1120091/2019/08/08/david-aldridge-nba-offseason-rankings-kawhi-leonard-la-clippers/?source=twittered

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#189 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:54 pm

Apropos of nothing, watched Jonathon Simmons up close n personal at the TBT in Chicago last week and wow did look bad. Think his NBA days are done.

At least a dozen of the other TBT guys are good enough to be on rosters though.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#190 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:58 pm

crkone wrote:
Aldridge: How much better is your team since its season ended? Here’s how I rank them

13. MILWAUKEE BUCKS
2018-19 RECORD: 60-22, lost in Eastern Conference finals.

ADDED: C Robin Lopez (two years, $9.7M); G Wes Matthews (two years, $5.2M); G Kyle Korver (one year, $2.6M); F Dragan Bender (two years, $3.5M); F Thanasis Antetokounmpo (two years, $3.1M); F Jon Leuer (acquired from Detroit); G Kevin Porter (first round, 30th pick overall); 2020 first-round pick (protected 1-14 through 2025; unprotected in 2026; acquired from Indiana); 2021 second-round pick (to be acquired from Indiana a year after Indiana completes its trade with Brooklyn); 2025 second-round pick (acquired from Indiana).

LOST: G Malcolm Brogdon (signed with Indiana); F Nikola Mirotic (signed with F.C. Barcelona); F Tony Snell (traded to Detroit); G Tim Frazier (signed with Detroit); F Bonzie Colson (waived); 2020 first-round pick (protected 1-7 in 2020, then unprotected in 2021; traded to Boston).

RETAINED: G Khris Middleton (five years, $177.5M); C Brook Lopez (four years, $52M); G George Hill (three years, $27.8M).

THE KEY MAN: Giannis Antetokounmpo. What, you thought I was going to say Eric Bledsoe? The league MVP was a Hulk at both ends of the floor in leading Milwaukee to 60 regular season wins. But the expectations will be even higher for the 24-year-old superstar this season. With Kawhi Leonard gone from Toronto, the East is wide open, and the Greek Freak is the best player in the conference, if not the league.

Everyone tried to build a wall in front of him all season, but the Raptors succeeded in the Eastern finals, holding him below 45 percent shooting from the floor. The Klaw had a lot to do with that, of course, but other teams will try it again in the playoffs. Antetokounmpo will have to do better both behind the arc (.327 in the playoffs last season) and from the line; even though he got to the line more than 11 times a game in the postseason, he didn’t make opponents pay, shooting just 63 percent.

THE SKINNY: I am Team Bucks going forward just for the Lopez Brothers alone. They should provide nightly entertainment on and off the floor playing together for the first time since they were at Stanford. There is also the older Antetokounmpo brother, who won hardware of some importance this past season, returning to terrorize the rest of the NBA. This is not to discount the impact of losing Brogdon, and especially to their Central rival Pacers. His absence will be felt. But Milwaukee kept its losses to a minimum through roster maneuvering last season that allowed the Bucks to comfortably stretch this summer to re-sign Middleton and Brook Lopez.

When you’re an elite team you can’t keep all of your good players. Vets like Korver and Matthews will help win their share of games, further extending a bench already full of talented role players like Sterling Brown and Pat Connaughton. GM Jon Horst is to be commended for good planning and good execution to keep the train rolling in Brew Town.

https://theathletic.com/1120091/2019/08/08/david-aldridge-nba-offseason-rankings-kawhi-leonard-la-clippers/?source=twittered

Good article from Aldridge, but the second to last sentence kind of threw me - focusing on Sterling Brown for the bench loaded with talent? I buy Connaughton, but I think Brown has shown very little in the NBA. The loss of Mirotic seems to get overlooked. We gave up a lifetime supply of 2nd rounders for him. :)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#191 » by Xanadu » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:42 am

Love to somehow get one of the Spurs young guards. One of Murray, White or Walker and DeRozan for Middleton. Then let DeRozan walk in FA and go after Hield in FA. Half joking but do love Whites game and Murray's D/still untapped ceiling. Also think Walker has the highest potential of the three especially offensively.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,912

Post#192 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#193 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Good for Darvin. He’s long overdue for a head coaching gig.
emunney
RealGM

Post#194 » by emunney » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Good for Darvin. He’s long overdue for a head coaching gig.

Was impressed with how resilient and cohesive his characteristically non-talented Bucks' SL team was.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#195 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:46 pm

More experience I gain the more it’s reinforced to me that education solves most of our problems. Good job Darvin! Commitment to self growth is awesome.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#196 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:55 pm

emunney wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Good for Darvin. He’s long overdue for a head coaching gig.

Was impressed with how resilient and cohesive his characteristically non-talented Bucks' SL team was.

Roster have any impact on that as well? Possibly a positive feedback loop. From the top down. It did not feel as thoughtful under Hammond and Kidd. They are headed in the right direction. Better Coach (Bud) helps better GM’ing decisions, which trickles down to assistant coaches and your summer league/G league rosters. Then back upstream again.

I think they are still in the early stages of a real player development program but I feel more optimistic about the direction of this team and offseason than I did a month or so ago. Progress to me.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#197 » by JEIS » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I’m very curious about the internal evaluation process of Bledsoe’s brain. You obviously can’t replicate the highest stakes playoff series throughout the regular season. Bled played well against Reggie Jackson and Ish Smith, decent against a quitting on his team Kyrie Irving and we know the rest. How can anyone be confident he won’t he fall victim to what we’ve seen for two consecutive years under different staffs? It’s not just that he’s “bad.” He’s looked like Ryan McDonough was doing treacherous things to his Voodoo doll.

Cbd oil to calm the nerves?... Beta blockers?.. anti anxiety meds... ?
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#198 » by bizarro » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:02 am

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/hasheem-thabeet-to-work-out-for-bucks.html

The Bucks will give Hasheem Thabeet a shot at returning to the NBA, tweets Ben Stinar of Amico Hoops. A league source tells Stinar that Thabeet has a workout scheduled next week in Milwaukee. He adds that the veteran center has been training heavily over the past year and has gotten comments about his “great shape” from several NBA teams.

AND:

The Bucks have one roster opening heading into next month’s training camp and could give Thabeet an opportunity if he has an impressive workout. Milwaukee has 16 players under contract (14 with fully guaranteed deals), along with a pair of two-way players and the expected signing of Rayjon Tucker.

:reporter:
emunney
RealGM

Post#199 » by emunney » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:10 am

Thabeet is 32! Sheesh.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#200 » by DrWood » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:05 am

emunney wrote:Thabeet is 32! Sheesh.

How the heck was he picked 2nd overall?
before harden, curry, derozen, tyreke Evans, Rubio, et al.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks