ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,129

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1961 » by Fat Kat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:40 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Someone's upset they got called out on their bullsh*t lol

Not upset. Just looking for that quote.

Slow down and look at yourself.

If you're too lazy to literally look a page earlier, that's on you

Regardless,

Spoiler:
Fat Kat wrote:
This isn’t Hoosiers. Guards need to be able to beat their man one on one. It collapses the defense and creates open shots.

And now comes the part where you pretend like you didn't mean what you said.

Are you also gonna pretend you didn't use DSJ's DRTG being better than Frank's as proof Frank can't be good defensively?

Take my weirdo crap somewhere else lol. So salty because you can't handle being proven wrong.

The quote speaks for itself and didn’t mention any of the other things that you conveniently added. You reading what I posted, getting triggered and then mischaracterizing the quote is weirdo crap. You then listening to those voices in your head, arguing against them and saying you proved me wrong is scary.

You getting worked up by the stats I posted is an indication that you need to take a breather.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#1962 » by Fat Kat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.

He’ll be out of the rotation unless someone gets injured. Don’t see him as top 2 at any position. I wouldn’t mind him getting some play in the gleague.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,864

Post#1963 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:So.....how many minutes are we predicting Frank plays next season? He'll definitely have comp at the 1-3 positions. I doubt he starts.

I guess if he truly did get taller perhaps some small ball 4 is in the works for him.

If he is not going to be given any minutes at the start of the season I'd rather see him starting in Westchester logging minutes and working on his game
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Post#1964 » by DOT » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Not upset. Just looking for that quote.

Slow down and look at yourself.

If you're too lazy to literally look a page earlier, that's on you

Regardless,

Spoiler:

Are you also gonna pretend you didn't use DSJ's DRTG being better than Frank's as proof Frank can't be good defensively?

Take my weirdo crap somewhere else lol. So salty because you can't handle being proven wrong.

The quote speaks for itself and didn’t mention any of the other things that you conveniently added. You reading what I posted, getting triggered and then mischaracterizing the quote is weirdo crap. You then listening to those voices in your head, arguing against them and saying you proved me wrong is scary.

You getting worked up by the stats I posted is an indication that you need to take a breather.

And your condescension towards my posts is an indication that you have no arguments against the stats I posted

You make a post, I make a rebuttal, and instead of arguing the point you decide to isolate one line and claim I'm mischaracterizing what you said

Maybe you need to take a break, look at yourself, stuff like that. My point still stands. The stats you used are overly basic, and Frank's defense is great, which I can prove statistically. He probably won't be a point guard, but he's still far better than you say
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#1965 » by Kampuchea » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:01 pm

The games can’t start soon enough. At least this isn’t as bad as the political Facebook arguments.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#1966 » by Fat Kat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:05 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:If you're too lazy to literally look a page earlier, that's on you

Regardless,

Spoiler:

And your condescension towards my posts is an indication that you have no arguments against the stats I posted

You make a post, I make a rebuttal, and instead of arguing the point you decide to isolate one line and claim I'm mischaracterizing what you said

Maybe you need to take a break, look at yourself, stuff like that. My point still stands. The stats you used are overly basic, and Frank's defense is great, which I can prove statistically. He probably won't be a point guard, but he's still far better than you say

What rebuttal? I posted stats. Numbers. A snapshot of all the guards. Save the straw man arguments for someone that doesn’t know better. I’m really not interested.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1967 » by DOT » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

What rebuttal? I posted stats. Numbers. A snapshot of all the guards. Save the straw man arguments for someone that doesn’t know better. I’m really not interested.

Because you were trying to say that Frank isn't really that good on defense, cause that's what you do. I made the point that your data was incomplete, and you got triggered cause I said something in relation to a previous post you made, cause you know I'm right cause you do this all the time. Post stats that are incomplete in an attempt to prove Frank's defense is overrated, then when someone points out where you're missing something, you get super defensive and claim you're just posting objective facts, when you're not. You post facts, but they're incomplete and you ignore the ones that contradict your opinions.

If you were just posting stats only to post stats, you wouldn't have gotten so offended with me, cause I just posted stats too. The fact that you've been so upset proves you were trying to push an opinion, and are mad because not all the stats agree with you

You don't have to get so salty about it.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#1968 » by god shammgod » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:00 pm

the 4 is the most crowded position. it's so crowded we're playing a 4 at the 3 and we're playing his backup, knox, as a 3 even though he might be better at the 4 too. i don't really see him playing at all to start. i looked at this earlier in this thread and there really isn't a spot for him in the rotation unless they sit knox or trier and i don't see that. there's other guys who won't play that are probably ahead of him. a 10 man rotation is what fiz played last year mostly.

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

that leaves out ellington, dot, iggy, and eventually bullock. dot is a 2 way player and had a better year so i don't see how frank plays over him. and they have to play those other guards they signed some just because. frank is in trouble.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1969 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:

the 4 is the most crowded position. it's so crowded we're playing a 4 at the 3 and we're playing his backup, knox, as a 3 even though he might be better at the 4 too. i don't really see him playing at all to start. i looked at this earlier in this thread and there really isn't a spot for him in the rotation unless they sit knox or trier and i don't see that. there's other guys who won't play that are probably ahead of him. a 10 man rotation is what fiz played last year mostly.

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

that leaves out ellington, dot, iggy, and eventually bullock. dot is a 2 way player and had a better year so i don't see how frank plays over him. and they have to play those other guards they signed some just because. frank is in trouble.

If Frank is not traded he better stay ready to take advantage of any openings due to injuries. That or Westchester is what I foresee as his best options as a Knick for now. If Fiz confounds me and plays Frank early I'll be gobsmacked
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#1970 » by GONYK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

We have no use for defense or ball movement, so I'm not optimistic.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#1971 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:22 pm

So how tall is Frank now? I keep hearing some people say 6’7 then others say 6’8
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1972 » by DOT » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:28 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:So how tall is Frank now? I keep hearing some people say 6’7 then others say 6’8

I hear he's almost 7 feet now

But in all seriousness, it's probably 6'7. Just going off of, he was listed at 6'5 as a rookie, which means he was 6'5 without shoes cause that's how they measure in Europe, so add an inch for shoes and assume he grew one, that's 6'7
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1973 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

Just wondering if there is some real way to get him in. I don't see it at either guards position or the three. Yeah 4 is rather deep as well. If guess if the NBA was like the NFL Frank would be awesome.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#1974 » by GONYK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Once again, this whole debate really becomes moot if Frank is a 37% 3pt shooter.

If you have a 6'7" player who is
- An elite backcourt defender that is switchy enough to cover 4 positions on the floor
- Can run the PnR effectively
- Doesn't need shots and will allow your scorers to operate
- Hits open 3's
- Provides a top 10 defense whenever he's paired with your starting 5

It will be absolute malpractice to not find time for him
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1975 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:13 pm

GONYK wrote:Once again, this whole debate really becomes moot if Frank is a 37% 3pt shooter.

If you have a 6'7" player who is
- An elite backcourt defender that is switchy enough to cover 4 positions on the floor
- Can run the PnR effectively
- Doesn't need shots and will allow your scorers to operate
- Hits open 3's
- Provides a top 10 defense whenever he's paired with your starting 5

It will be absolute malpractice to not find time for him

100%. I think most of us are simply wary of, and thus noting, Fiz's questionable judgement
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1976 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:15 pm

K-DOT wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:So how tall is Frank now? I keep hearing some people say 6’7 then others say 6’8

But in all seriousness, it's probably 6'7. Just going off of, he was listed at 6'5 as a rookie, which means he was 6'5 without shoes cause that's how they measure in Europe, so add an inch for shoes and assume he grew one, that's 6'7

That means his wing span is probably now comparable to most 7 footers since his arms are freakishly long
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1977 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

That means his wing span is probably now comparable to most 7 footers since his arms are freakishly long

Maybe Frank and Mitch can play in defensive situations together. We could call them the Arm Bros!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#1978 » by Kampuchea » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:

mitch, portis
randle, taj
morris, knox
rj, trier
dsj, payton

We should not have signed either Taj or Portis, Knox or Morris plays more at the 4 and Frank gets minutes at the 3.

I really think Frank is meant to play SF
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#1979 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:53 pm

I’m likely late to the debate here but I think many believe Fiz isn’t holding the kids accountable cuz they didn’t see outright benchings, being pulled from the lineup for defensive slip-ups, and there was no calling guys out to the media.

Me personally, I hate that type of coaching. Call guys out in the film room, not through the media. Which is why I hated the Larry Brown and Phil Jackson old school tactics. That may have worked back in the days but today’s player is more sensitive and with social media 24/7coverage, and meme culture, it is not effective to operate putting players on blast like that.

What I will say in closure is that this season will determine a lot about Fiz’s coaching and developmental ability. There will be no tanking agenda so we should see him playing to win and a more obvious outlook on his developmental tactics.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1980 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 pm

2010 wrote:I’m likely late to the debate here but I think many believe Fiz isn’t holding the kids accountable cuz they didn’t see outright benchings, being pulled from the lineup for defensive slip-ups, and there was no calling guys out to the media.

Me personally, I hate that type of coaching. Call guys out in the film room, not through the media. Which is why I hated the Larry Brown and Phil Jackson old school tactics. That may have worked back in the days but today’s player is more sensitive and with social media 24/7coverage, and meme culture, it is not effective to operate putting players on blast like that.

What I will say in closure is that this season will determine a lot about Fiz’s coaching and developmental ability. There will be no tanking agenda so we should see him playing to win and a more obvious outlook on his developmental tactics.

His problem is he has diarrhea mouth and says things just because he wants to fill silences, not because he has a fully formulated thought he needs to share.

It is a problem with big talkers. They overshoot the mark and then have to figure out the logic of everything they've said after the fact. He boxes himself into a corner.

This guy needs to dial down the hustler and think only like a coach and then he may blab less.

If you're all about defense, then preach it to the players and get them to play it. We don't give a crap about what you say to the press.

I agree. He needs to do his coaching behind closed doors and on the courts, but not in the press. I hate that stuff too for the most part.

Return to New York Knicks