ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,105

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1161 » by La Flame » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:30 am

Tldr on the last 2 weeks?
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1162 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:03 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
Could it be.... Prickuntov?

Enjoy him while you can, because once it's clinched that the Nets won't finish 10 games ahead of the Celtics, I'm going to saddle that dude with an avatar and signature so bad, he will probably want to start a new account to post from. He will "disappear" for a year. :lol:

Barring anything crazy, the Nets will be 5-6-7, maybe even 8 games below us this season. If Kyrie acts up they are a low 40's team.

I don't know the history on GB beef, and I tend to agree with your assessment, BUT...I'm not 100%. One of my worst fears for this season is that the Nets are surprisingly good.

What if Kyrie is comfortable and happy playing for his hometown squad? What if he actually learned from the chemistry issues in Boston and has developed into a more mature and effective leader? His numbers were solid and he really only faltered in one playoff series. Don't get me wrong, I was frustrated with him during the MIL series, but was that a reflection of alpha playoff kyrie, or an aberration?

They have a decent young core and talent that is likely to improve around him. And they may have better defined roles than the Celts did last year.

Again, I'm with you. I think we are better and hope that the nets struggle. I am certainly rooting against Kyrie having success, although maybe not to the degree of some on the board.

I don't want any of my ex-girlfriends to die...I just hope they get a little fat and are still moderately happy with their new boyfriends but someday realize that they really had it best with me...

but what if it clicks in BK? LIke I said, im not betting on it, but i don't think it's crazy to suggest either, and the thought of it is a little scary.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1163 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:09 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Enjoy him while you can, because once it's clinched that the Nets won't finish 10 games ahead of the Celtics, I'm going to saddle that dude with an avatar and signature so bad, he will probably want to start a new account to post from. He will "disappear" for a year. :lol:

Barring anything crazy, the Nets will be 5-6-7, maybe even 8 games below us this season. If Kyrie acts up they are a low 40's team.

I don't know the history on GB beef, and I tend to agree with your assessment, BUT...I'm not 100%. One of my worst fears for this season is that the Nets are surprisingly good.

What if Kyrie is comfortable and happy playing for his hometown squad? What if he actually learned from the chemistry issues in Boston and has developed into a more mature and effective leader? His numbers were solid and he really only faltered in one playoff series. Don't get me wrong, I was frustrated with him during the MIL series, but was that a reflection of alpha playoff kyrie, or an aberration?

They have a decent young core and talent that is likely to improve around him. And they may have better defined roles than the Celts did last year.

Again, I'm with you. I think we are better and hope that the nets struggle. I am certainly rooting against Kyrie having success, although maybe not to the degree of some on the board.

I don't want any of my ex-girlfriends to die...I just hope they get a little fat and are still moderately happy with their new boyfriends but someday realize that they really had it best with me...

but what if it clicks in BK? LIke I said, im not betting on it, but i don't think it's crazy to suggest either, and the thought of it is a little scary.

The Nets could be better, but not 10 games better, which is what the bet was - that the Nets would be 10 games better than the Celtics. Everything would have to go very right for the Nets, while the Celtics would need to suffer another disastrous campaign to finish 10 games behind them.
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#1164 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:17 pm

Oh, I think your bet is strong and youre definitely on the right side.

I was more discussing my own personal fear for the season.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1165 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:20 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

The Nets could be better, but not 10 games better, which is what the bet was - that the Nets would be 10 games better than the Celtics. Everything would have to go very right for the Nets, while the Celtics would need to suffer another disastrous campaign to finish 10 games behind them.

Honestly of course I want the nets to suck this season and it to blow up in kyrie’s face but if they have some success and everything clicks- so what?

It doesn’t diminish the negative impact he played a role in here last season. It doesn’t change his irritational behavior and mood swings and his horrible playoff performance. It doesn’t change the fact that an as alpha and him wanting to be a leader he failed. Miserably. That’s not going away and he knows that when he looks in the mirror.

It doesn’t make his declaration to stay any less cringeworthy. Time to move on I say. I look at it like a bad break up, initially I’m pissed and resentful but eventually I move on because I know the person I am and that I’ll find someone better in the long run and I’ll look back at this and laugh.

We got kemba we have a great organization and we will be just fine moving forward. Let kyrie have his little success- in the long run at the end of the day we will be just fine and outshine him
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#1166 » by jfs1000d » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:39 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

The thing with Kyrie, he can't play any better than he did last year. He was outstanding. Issue was chemistry. So, the only way the Nets are getting above 45 is if the rst of the nets raise their level of play.

they can't bank on Kyrie be ing better than he was in boston, he was outstanding.
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#1167 » by Higgs Boston » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:56 pm

just fire the people who select the pre-session games, every year is the same ****, most of them are horrible teams.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#1168 » by Parliament10 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:37 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1169 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:43 am

5InOfLouisville wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

If it “clicks”, I hope we don’t get quotes from Kyrie about how he learned a lot from the mistakes he made in Boston, he’s been reading a lot about leadership, thinking about how he can make life easier for his teammates on offense and get his scores in the flow of the game, he’s been talking to Kenny Atkinson, and it’s all the same stuff Brad and Danny were telling him, which is kind of funny, but..
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#1170 » by Triple7 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:04 am

5InOfLouisville wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

They are good, but not better than the Celtics without Durant. They will struggle without KD, and will probably be around 5th-8th seed in a weak east. They won’t contend next year, and once KD returns, it will take a season for him to get back to form.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#1171 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:40 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

Having closely followed the Knicks for years with Carmelo Anthony, who Kyrie reminds me of when it comes to effort and team play, I can almost guarantee that Kyrie will give maximum effort on both sides of the ball out of the gate. He will look like a superstar for half the season to prove critics wrong. Then he will revert to the Celtics version of Kyrie.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1172 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

Having closely followed the Knicks for years with Carmelo Anthony, who Kyrie reminds me of when it comes to effort and team play, I can almost guarantee that Kyrie will give maximum effort on both sides of the ball out of the gate. He will look like a superstar for half the season to prove critics wrong. Then he will revert to the Celtics version of Kyrie.

+1.

Once he realizes he cant make a deep playoff run, I expect him to pack it in and just try to stay healthy for the next year when KD is back. He’ll look like a fringe MVP candidate beforehand, but once he stops playing defense [and he will] his impact stats will plummet.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,181

Post#1173 » by brackdan70 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:23 am

5InOfLouisville wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

Hmm. I’d bet on Cs being 10 games better than the Nets actually. They will be decent but....Nets.
Sign here
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,221

Post#1174 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,221

Post#1175 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Why is Max Strus and Poirier not in this?

Read on Twitter

Kanter, #11 (Kyrie)
Kemba, #8, (Larkin)
Need Poirier to wear #38.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1176 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:09 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

Hmm. I’d bet on Cs being 10 games better than the Nets actually. They will be decent but....Nets.

Yah, I’ve comfortably got the Celtics as 5+ games better than the Nets. People are sleeping on how bad that team is going to be defensively.

I’m guessing their starting 5 is:

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Prince
Jordan

4 out of those 5 are terrible defenders and I’m guessing they will be a bottom 3 defense and just hemorrhage points.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#1177 » by Darthlukey » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:25 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:

Yah, I’ve comfortably got the Celtics as 5+ games better than the Nets. People are sleeping on how bad that team is going to be defensively.

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Prince
Jordan

4 out of those 5 are terrible defenders and I’m guessing they will be a bottom 3 defense and just hemorrhage points.

Not that DJ is what he used to be, but they can field a quality shot blocker for 100% when combined with allen
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1178 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Hmm. I’d bet on Cs being 10 games better than the Nets actually. They will be decent but....Nets.

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Prince
Jordan

Not that DJ is what he used to be, but they can field a quality shot blocker for 100% when combined with allen

DaJ was one of the worst C defenders last year. If Allen was anything good, the Nets wouldnt have signed Jordan or let him play in Vegas for a third time. He’s just another overrated help defender who chases blocks.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#1179 » by Tatumfor2 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:58 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Why is Max Strus and Poirier not in this?

Read on Twitter

Kanter, #11 (Kyrie)
Kemba, #8, (Larkin)
Need Poirier to wear #38.

Not "drafted" I guess.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#1180 » by Slartibartfast » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:38 am

Grant Williams already looks like he's 35

Return to Boston Celtics