Bol Bol

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#41 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Alatan wrote:I dont know how good or bad are Bols medicals but i heard his foot is completely healed. Heard that he has some knee questions but also heard that its all hogwash. Anyway Bol being on the lighter side actually helps him. Stress fractures are worse the heavier you are. He just need some time to gain strength and stamina and he will be fine.

If Thon Maker can play minutes in the NBA without a shot and a shorter wingspan, Bol Bol can play too. That is if he stays healthy.

Has anyone found evidence of knee issues (of significance) prior to the draft? That seemed to come out of nowhere.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#42 » by Manolito » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:44 pm

Manolito wrote:When is he signing his contract? I assume he will get a Morris/Vanderbilt contract.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app
Any news regarding his contract?

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#43 » by The Rebel » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:42 pm

Deal cannot be official until the 6th, we likely will not hear about a contract until a few days after that.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#44 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:56 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Alatan wrote:I dont know how good or bad are Bols medicals but i heard his foot is completely healed. Heard that he has some knee questions but also heard that its all hogwash. Anyway Bol being on the lighter side actually helps him. Stress fractures are worse the heavier you are. He just need some time to gain strength and stamina and he will be fine.

If Thon Maker can play minutes in the NBA without a shot and a shorter wingspan, Bol Bol can play too. That is if he stays healthy.

Has anyone found evidence of knee issues (of significance) prior to the draft? That seemed to come out of nowhere.

No evidence that i know. Some guy on reddit claims to have tracked the rumor back to a journalist tweet but nothing more.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#45 » by U hova » Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:28 pm

Regardless of what the rumors may be, those NBA teams have doctors that can review individuals and make their own decisions... Bol and his body have to prove 29 teams wrong.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#46 » by THE J0KER » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Not many news from Bol Bol after the draft, so I find this interview Bol Bol Q&A: Chipotle bowls, cartoon tattoos and the Nuggets

The interview is long and more personal than basketball-related, so here are some quotes focussed on his game:
Spoiler:
On that topic, who are some of your favorite basketball players of all-time?

BB: Actually, LeBron was my favorite player growing up. Kevin Durant is changing basketball with the way he plays. I’m a fan of Kristaps Porzingis. I also love Kyrie Irving. Those are the people I watch the most.

Do you see the similarities in your game to Porzingis’ game? I know that is something a lot of people have said before.

BB: That’s the main reason I watch so much of him. I try to take pieces from his game. I take a little bit from his game and a little bit from KD, too. I try to watch a lot of Giannis Antetokounmpo and Anthony Davis. But yeah, I’d say Porzingis and I have a pretty similar game.

What do you see from your new teammate Nikola Jokic? That’s another non-traditional big man thriving right now.

BB: One thing I watch with him is he has a really high IQ. I watch a lot of his passing highlights. He has some of the best passing I’ve ever seen from any basketball player ever.

What are some goals you have for your time with the Nuggets in the future, whether immediate or longterm?

BB: We’re a pretty young team. Right now, I’m really looking forward to the season. If everything works out, we’ll all be together for a while. They were a great team last year and I think they are only going to get better. I want to get comfortable and hopefully play a lot of minutes. Then in the future, I want to win a championship – or a couple!

What kind of role do you see yourself playing on the court for the team moving forward?

BB: I went to Oregon because coach Dana Altman is a very high-IQ coach. He put me in situations I’d be in at the next level. For example, when I’d play the four, my game would be able to translate because of how tall as well as how versatile I am. I can dribble and shoot and pass pretty well. I think it’d be great to be on the court with Jokic. Either he finds me or I find him for looks. Either way, it’d be really fun running the floor with him.
JamalMurray
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#47 » by JamalMurray » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:19 am

Hope the injuries are a thing of the past and he can spend the year getting his nutrition right and adding some size.
Manolito
Senior

Post#48 » by Manolito » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:16 pm

WHen is he signing his contract? He can only get one similar to Cancar (minimum rookie deal)
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#49 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Manolito wrote:WHen is he signing his contract? He can only get one similar to Cancar (minimum rookie deal)

Heard one theory the Nuggets are waiting to see if a top FA (Iggy, Gallo, etc ??) becomes available, they only have one roster spot and Bol can go on a 2-way OR a roster spot. Regardless, signing him now or just before camp he isn't paid on it (except bonus $$) until start of new season so why not wait until things play out. I'd bet the Nuggets have spoken options with Bol's agent
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#50 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Well Bol gets a 2-way contract, any team other than Nuggets and this would seem iffy but DEN has a good track record with 2-way players and Bol could be special. My concern is the G-league is so guard/wing dominant will he get the right training ?

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#51 » by The Rebel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:34 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Well Bol gets a 2-way contract, any team other than Nuggets and this would seem iffy but DEN has a good track record with 2-way players and Bol could be special. My concern is the G-league is so guard/wing dominant will he get the right training ?

I have never expected Bol to get more than a 2 way contract once it came out that they expected him to not play in games much next year. I think he will be on the Vanderbilt type plan where they will get him healthy and put him in a few G league games at some point to see progress, but the focus is adding strength and staying healthy this year.

The 2 way that kind of makes me wonder what is going on is the deal they just gave Tyler Cook, it seems to me we have plenty of developmental guys at PF with Vanderbilt, Bol, and depending on what happens at SF Juancho as well.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:51 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Well Bol gets a 2-way contract, any team other than Nuggets and this would seem iffy but DEN has a good track record with 2-way players and Bol could be special. My concern is the G-league is so guard/wing dominant will he get the right training ?

Well, if the Nuggets had their own G-League team, they cold ensure he received the correct training. :o
Manolito
Senior

Post#53 » by Manolito » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:54 am

It makes little sense to me to send such a prospect as Bol Bol to the Gleague without having an own GLeague Team.

Contradictory

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#54 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter
skywalker33

Post#55 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Manolito wrote:It makes little sense to me to send such a prospect as Bol Bol to the Gleague without having an own GLeague Team.

Contradictory

Most would agree with you but we have had some success w/o the expense of ownership so far

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:27 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:It makes little sense to me to send such a prospect as Bol Bol to the Gleague without having an own GLeague Team.

Contradictory

Most would agree with you but we have had some success w/o the expense of ownership so far

:talkhand:
skywalker33

Post#57 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:20 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Contradictory

So where am I wrong with that post ?? Morris looks good, Craig dominated the G-league, both made this team and have had impacts after stints there. I fully expect the same from Bol.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#58 » by TunaFish » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Most would agree with you but we have had some success w/o the expense of ownership so far

So where am I wrong with that post ?? Morris looks good, Craig dominated the G-league, both made this team and have had impacts after stints there. I fully expect the same from Bol.

Have to agree that the Nuggets have had success with players being sent to other G-league teams. Not the ideal situation but they have made it work, so far.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#59 » by THE J0KER » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Most would agree with you but we have had some success w/o the expense of ownership so far

Unfortunatelly, this time risk we make the wrong decision is high.

Morris and Craig are players under the radar for the rest of the league and after their rookie two-way season with minimal games they played - nothing changed. But before big injury concerns Bol Bol was a projected lottery pick by everyone, and once they realize he is enough healthy to play, even if we redshirt him, we can't fight with so many desperate rebuilding teams next summer with Bol Bol gets RFA status on poor 2020 FA market. We have already engaged 110+ millions of 2020-21 salary, while some teams like Atlanta or Toronto only $30M!
skywalker33

Post#60 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:25 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote: :talkhand:

Unfortunatelly, this time risk we make the wrong decision is high.

Morris and Craig are players under the radar for the rest of the league and after their rookie two-way season with minimal games they played - nothing changed. But before big injury concerns Bol Bol was a projected lottery pick by everyone, and once they realize he is enough healthy to play, even if we redshirt him, we can't fight with so many desperate rebuilding teams next summer with Bol Bol gets RFA status on poor 2020 FA market. We have already engaged 110+ millions of 2020-21 salary, while some teams like Atlanta or Toronto only $30M!

I feel confident in saying the Nuggets will protect their rights when it comes to signing Bol, I think they’re smarter than you suggest they are

Return to Denver Nuggets