ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyle O'Quinn

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Re: Kyle O'Quinn 

Post#21 » by robillionaire » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:19 pm

pretty decent in a 3rd string backup PF or Center role
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#22 » by dakomish23 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:40 pm

He’s gonna work hard for you. Aggressive on the defensive glass. Protects the rim fairly well. Can knock down shots but not super consistent with that.

His biggest downfall is that sometimes he thinks he’s John Stockton and will commit dumb turnovers trying to force the issue on a pass.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#23 » by Phish Tank » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:01 pm

at 15-18 minutes/game, yes. Anything more, like others said, you're probably asking for too much.

But with Horford & Embiid, I don't see O'Quinn getting a ton of minutes if both are playing. Now with Embiid/Horford maintenance days, I'd see 15-18 being the max he gets.

You'll like him. I never wanted him to leave.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#24 » by blueNorange » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:11 pm

good player but wipes out anything good with a bonehead play.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#25 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:54 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:You left out his strong Bar Mitzvah game

He's the Sammy Davis Jr. of the NBA
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,554

Post#26 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
76ersForLife wrote:Thanks for the info guys.

Is Delilah's Den still the high-class strip joint in the City?

There used to be on in Manville nj...it's was disgusting..
Formerly Knicks85
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,567

Post#27 » by Fat Kat » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm

knicks85 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
76ersForLife wrote:Thanks for the info guys.

Is Delilah's Den still the high-class strip joint in the City?

There used to be on in Manville nj...it's was disgusting..

Disgusting how? Tell me more

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#28 » by NY 567 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Was better than Noah and Kanter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#29 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:32 pm

br7knicks wrote:
76ersForLife wrote:Is this guy a serviceable backup? Thoughts on his game?

he was one of the few bright spots while he was with the knicks.

plus, he's funny as ****. has a great personality

Those videos? Those are nice! Those are REAL NICE. :lol: I love those!
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#30 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:31 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:A little overrated by some here. Diminishing returns if you play him too much. Good in limited minutes. He’s decent but not a front end bench guy IMO.

Perfectly stated. I like KOQ and most fans will but hes dangerous in the fact that in limited minutes he could appear like a good player and I guess in limited minutes he IS a good player but once you extend it by even alittle his flaws jump out.

O'quinn plays tough and he grinds but in reality hes a tweener more than a C. Hes basically a 90s traditional PF whose too slow to play PF and too lacking in length to be a C. Doesnt have a high skill level at either position. Hes basically a box out putback artist with a little foul line extended range on assisted jumpers. That's what he does on offense. On defense he uses his fouls and boxes out but hes in no way a stopper if the player hes defending has any elite ability to score. He is a solid passer and unselfish. He'll set hard screens, stand up for his teammates and hes a favorite in the locker room.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#31 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:50 pm

KO'Q is from my neighborhood. He's a good guy and a very decent backup at PF or C. He may not be the guy who wins games, but he won't lose them for you. He will earn his keep very nicely for you.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#32 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:22 am

BKlutch wrote:KO'Q is from my neighborhood. He's a good guy and a very decent backup at PF or C. He may not be the guy who wins games, but he won't lose them for you. He will earn his keep very nicely for you.

I'd keep him around just for his sense of humor. :lol:
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#33 » by blanko » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 am

Good backup, probably needs to slim down

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
melo4three
Senior
And1: 253

Post#34 » by melo4three » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:40 am

Blockwatcher wrote:We are going off 2 years ago. I bet he doesn't have much left in the tank but he is 29 which should still be his prime.

Nah, I think he is done. He is the type of player that is serviceable but falls off hard and out of the nba in late 20s
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#35 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:A little overrated by some here. Diminishing returns if you play him too much. Good in limited minutes. He’s decent but not a front end bench guy IMO.

Perfectly stated. I like KOQ and most fans will but hes dangerous in the fact that in limited minutes he could appear like a good player and I guess in limited minutes he IS a good player but once you extend it by even alittle his flaws jump out.

O'quinn plays tough and he grinds but in reality hes a tweener more than a C. Hes basically a 90s traditional PF whose too slow to play PF and too lacking in length to be a C. Doesnt have a high skill level at either position. Hes basically a box out putback artist with a little foul line extended range on assisted jumpers. That's what he does on offense. On defense he uses his fouls and boxes out but hes in no way a stopper if the player hes defending has any elite ability to score. He is a solid passer and unselfish. He'll set hard screens, stand up for his teammates and hes a favorite in the locker room.

Slightly disagree with this. He may be undersized in height, but not in length. KOQ despite being 6'8-6'10 he has a 7'5 wingspan. Hes always been fine protecting the rim with his length. He has limited lift around the rim...thats his main issue....NOt his length.
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,775

Post#36 » by GettinitDone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:26 pm

He's a poor man's Al Horford
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#37 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

Slightly disagree with this. He may be undersized in height, but not in length. KOQ despite being 6'8-6'10 he has a 7'5 wingspan. Hes always been fine protecting the rim with his length. He has limited lift around the rim...thats his main issue....NOt his length.

Fair enough
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#38 » by malik959 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:21 pm

K.O was one of my favorite players for everything that has has been posted in this thread. Hard worker, great rebounder, decent shot out to 3, and plays well with limited minutes. But like some guys are saying bonehead plays you expect from rookies like fouling a rebounder for no reason or elbowing his opponent right in front of a ref is the norm for him. He's the player you want to put someone (KD, Lebron, KP) on their azz and lay down the law in the key.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#39 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:32 pm

blanko wrote:Good backup, probably needs to slim down

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

He’s in good shape. He’s one of those that has a face you think belongs on a fat dude lol.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Post#40 » by Zerostatic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:22 am

76ersForLife wrote:Is this guy a serviceable backup? Thoughts on his game?
Definitely. He's one of those players that is easy to root for. He makes up for what he lacks in natural talent with hustle and toughness. If I were a GM and I was constructing a team I'd get my big 3 or so together, throw in a 6th man scorer on the bench and then I would surround them with guys like Kyle O'Quinn at each position. They're usually cheap and they do the little things to win.

Return to New York Knicks