ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News/Trades/Transactions - Bucks Fined $50K for Tampering LOL

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Thabeet to work out 

Post#221 » by Daver » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 am

Just sign smith already can never have enough shooters
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Thabeet to work out 

Post#222 » by tyland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:30 am

DrWood wrote:
JayMKE wrote:I wouldn't read too much into it yet, just working out for a team doesn't mean anything. Didn't Amare and Monta work out for us too while in Vegas? I thought all our spots were filled already but if there is 1 more then I guess we just want an extra huge body to go up against Embiid. I remember Thabeet being a pretty imposing figure inside at UConn but always being an under-performer
and guy who seemed like he was only playing because he is so tall.

This is the most recent footage of Thabeet I could fine. Looks pretty lumbering still and its not a very good look to start of video of 7'3" guy doing lay ups under the basket and dribbling up to his chest. Not that I expect him to hit those shots but his form doesn't look that bad I guess/

It might be unfair, but it looks like he has all the athleticism of a backup WNBA player.

@scoutwithbryan would destroy him then. Anyone?
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,558

Post#223 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Pretty much exactly how I expected Hasheem Thabeet in 2019 to look/move like. All for giving him a roster spot.....in Oshkosh.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,229

Post#224 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Schedule release this afternoon. About all I care about is who we play in the home opener. I'm hoping for Indy.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,644

Post#225 » by chonestown » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Currently on my 37th uninterrupted hour of randomly singing "Hasheem Thabeet" to the melody of the Go-Go's "We Got the Beat."

Send help plz.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Eazy E
Senior
And1: 178

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Xmas at Philly 

Post#226 » by Eazy E » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06 pm

bizarro wrote:https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/hasheem-thabeet-to-work-out-for-bucks.html

The Bucks will give Hasheem Thabeet a shot at returning to the NBA, tweets Ben Stinar of Amico Hoops. A league source tells Stinar that Thabeet has a workout scheduled next week in Milwaukee. He adds that the veteran center has been training heavily over the past year and has gotten comments about his “great shape” from several NBA teams.

AND:

The Bucks have one roster opening heading into next month’s training camp and could give Thabeet an opportunity if he has an impressive workout. Milwaukee has 16 players under contract (14 with fully guaranteed deals), along with a pair of two-way players and the expected signing of Rayjon Tucker.

:reporter:

Who's the 16th player under contract? I thought the Bender signing put us at 15.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,043

Post#227 » by MVP2110 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:18 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Schedule release this afternoon. About all I care about is who we play in the home opener. I'm hoping for Indy.

I just don't want the home opener on Friday. I unfortunately have a wedding to go to and would hate for this to be the first home opener I've missed in quite awhile.

Also would prefer the Christmas day game not be the early one again
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#228 » by jschligs » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Really hoping for a good selection of Friday/Saturday games to go to. I think with our status now we'll get a lot more prime time games which makes it easier for me to get to.

Plan to go to at least 10 regular season games this season now that my schedule opens up.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,459

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Xmas at Philly 

Post#229 » by Matches Malone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Eazy E wrote:
bizarro wrote:https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/hasheem-thabeet-to-work-out-for-bucks.html

The Bucks will give Hasheem Thabeet a shot at returning to the NBA, tweets Ben Stinar of Amico Hoops. A league source tells Stinar that Thabeet has a workout scheduled next week in Milwaukee. He adds that the veteran center has been training heavily over the past year and has gotten comments about his “great shape” from several NBA teams.

AND:

The Bucks have one roster opening heading into next month’s training camp and could give Thabeet an opportunity if he has an impressive workout. Milwaukee has 16 players under contract (14 with fully guaranteed deals), along with a pair of two-way players and the expected signing of Rayjon Tucker.

:reporter:

Who's the 16th player under contract? I thought the Bender signing put us at 15.

Was Bender's deal guaranteed? Thought I saw somewhere that it was a non-guaranteed deal. Maybe that's what they mean?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#230 » by emunney » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Eazy E wrote:

Was Bender's deal guaranteed? Thought I saw somewhere that it was a non-guaranteed deal. Maybe that's what they mean?

It wasn't fully guaranteed but that'd make him one of the two players without fully guaranteed deals. Who's the other one?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#231 » by LuessiT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:18 pm

emunney wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Eazy E wrote:

It wasn't fully guaranteed but that'd make him one of the two players without fully guaranteed deals. Who's the other one?

Luke May? I think they mean him but we probably just acquired his rights for the Herd.
emunney
RealGM

Post#232 » by emunney » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:19 pm

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Luke May? I think they mean him but we probably just acquired his rights for the Herd.

That's right. Forgot we signed him to an Exhibit 10.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#233 » by bizarro » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Justin Patton is still sitting out there ready to sign. He’s 22, probably finished growing after 8” growth. Body is finally healthy and adjusted (at least take-a-chanceable). He looked real good this past spring. I roll the dice on him and add him to Bender. Absolutely.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#234 » by bizarro » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:27 pm

chonestown wrote:Currently on my 37th uninterrupted hour of randomly singing "Hasheem Thabeet" to the melody of the Go-Go's "We Got the Beat."

Send help plz.

Sounds like you’re in a good place, honestly. It’s the loops of insanity that help blossom your Pants Game. Bellbottom blues, babay!
emunney
RealGM

Post#235 » by emunney » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:28 pm

I loved Patton coming out of Creighton, would have no trouble with him duking it out with Bender for the 15th spot. And then cutting them both because we just can't leave DeAndre Liggins alone.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#236 » by bizarro » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 pm

emunney wrote:I loved Patton coming out of Creighton, would have no trouble with him duking it out with Bender for the 15th spot. And then cutting them both because we just can't leave DeAndre Liggins alone.

Juicy. This seems like one option in the Milwaukee Bucks: Choose your own Adventure series:

Staring down the 16th open and final roster spot, GM John Horst contemplates the fringe move that will solidify the 2019/2020 Milwaukee Bucks as Championship contenders. Does he:

(A) Sign an upside-filled, but oft-injured, 22 yo Justin Patton to compete with Dragan Bender knowing he will cut them both for perennial roster glue-guy Deandre Liggins?

(B) Shock the world, foregoing the 16th roster spot and violating the CBA, trading every Milwaukee Bucks 2nd round draft choice until 2030 for the naming rights to every unborn Antetokounmpo child?

(C) Sign current New Orleans street-vendor and new starting wing, Marquis Daniels, for the 2019/2020 celebratory ‘Milwaukee Bucks: Best of the Skiles Years’ tour?

(D) Sign, out of retirement, new starting and spry SG Jason Terry for a2019/2020 farewell tour: ‘Jason Terry: Finally Really Actually Saying Good-Bye to Every Arena for Real This Time’?
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#237 » by buckboy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:52 pm

chonestown wrote:Currently on my 37th uninterrupted hour of randomly singing "Hasheem Thabeet" to the melody of the Go-Go's "We Got the Beat."

Send help plz.

This reminds of the second half of 1993 where The Cranberries' "Do you have, do you have to, do you have to let it linger?" became "Dude you have to, dude you have to, dude you have to smell my finger". It was a strange time.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,644

Post#238 » by chonestown » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:14 pm

buckboy wrote:

Send help plz.

This reminds of the second half of 1993 where The Cranberries' "Do you have, do you have to, do you have to let it linger?" became "Dude you have to, dude you have to, dude you have to smell my finger". It was a strange time.

I was much happier with my original malady than the one you offered as a substitute. A pox on your house.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#239 » by crkone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 pm

chonestown wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Send help plz.

I was much happier with my original malady than the one you offered as a substitute. A pox on your house.

The Wizard rolls a natural 20. The Bard must warble the entire Weird Al discography for one fortnight.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#240 » by buckboy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 pm

chonestown wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Send help plz.

Dolores O'Riordan's recent death brought the earworm back too. I was able to drive it out by singing Rodgers & Hammerstein tunes in my head.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks