ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,714

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#801 » by emunney » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Yea, I super didn't like the first season but I thought the second was pretty great. Was really looking forward to the third after that bonkers final scene.

Very difficult for shows to surprise me and that 2nd season in particular was alogical in a way that I found really delightful.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#802 » by bizarro » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:30 am

jimmybones wrote:
bizarro wrote:All y’all who don’t dig ‘Euphoria’ either (a) don’t have a teenager in this **** society or (b) just didn’t give it a proper chance (really good character arcs S the show evolves) or (c) you just didn’t like it. I feel for those that picked (c). Show is damn good.

Loved the season as well. What are your thoughts on the ending?

Spoiler:
Did Rue

-relapse and OD
-relapse and that was her high
-flashback to first OD

I originally thought she was dying but now I'm leaning more towards it just showing her really high since there is a second season.

I hope Fez and Ashtray made it out of that situation.
-

Spoiler:
My take is Rue definitely did not Relapse and it was a small victory in the show. BUT, in choosing herself and honoring her dangerzone she also let her Love go into the City and explore her budding wildness, exploration and drug use which is a dangerous place for her to be. The last episodes reveal Rue had suffered immense Bi-Polar issues and Manic Depression since her dad passed - a trauma that also introduced her to her drug addiction when she started taking his pain killers. Those final two episodes were incredibly done.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#803 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:40 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:Agree, I quit Peaky Blinder under 20 minutes into episode one due to not being able to understand anything they're saying. Too bad, supposedly it's very good. There is just a million shows out there so I don't need to force it

You get used to it. becomes easier as you watch. I recommend going back as it's a great, great show.

I also failed at Snatch and the original Office. I guess I just don't speak the queen's English.
I quit after a couple of episodes when Peaky first came out because I too couldn't understand a damn thing. Went back after all the good things people were saying and watched with subtitles and absolutely love the show.

For me it's a must to have the subtitles and it's also a show I have to stay off my phone and actually pay attention.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#804 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Aug 7, 2019 4:24 pm

I enjoy Peaky. Quite a bit. Tom Hardy was great. They're doing 3 more seasons but that's only 18 episodes.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,760

Post#805 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I enjoy Peaky. Quite a bit. Tom Hardy was great. They're doing 3 more seasons but that's only 18 episodes.

Tom Hardy was so damn good.
wapith
Junior
And1: 164

Post#806 » by wapith » Wed Aug 7, 2019 7:55 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
You get used to it. becomes easier as you watch. I recommend going back as it's a great, great show.

I also failed at Snatch and the original Office. I guess I just don't speak the queen's English.
I quit after a couple of episodes when Peaky first came out because I too couldn't understand a damn thing. Went back after all the good things people were saying and watched with subtitles and absolutely love the show.

For me it's a must to have the subtitles and it's also a show I have to stay off my phone and actually pay attention.

I am the weird person that watches everything with subtitles, even stand-up comedies (in which you can read the punchline before it is said). So watching Peaky was no issue for me.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#807 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:16 am

Why am I just now hearing about this Coming to America sequel?
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#808 » by Oscar71 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:14 am

Action Bronson watches Ancient Aliens is either the the worst TV show ever or the Best.

Depends on how baked you are. Fully expecting an appearance from Don Nelson....
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#809 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:41 pm

Speaking of Action Bronson...

Am I the only one that has a tough time watching morbidly obese chefs do a cooking demonstration? I get grossed out watching Matty Matheson make the world's best burger even though I want to eat said burger if I don't have to look at Matty Matheson. And watching Action Bronson take a bite of the world's best makes me nauseous but if I just look at the sandwich I feel hungry.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#810 » by vegaspacker » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:54 pm

wapith wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

I am the weird person that watches everything with subtitles, even stand-up comedies (in which you can read the punchline before it is said). So watching Peaky was no issue for me.
I find subtitles a bit to distracting, and I also need to leave the phone and laptop alone.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#811 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:09 pm

Just finished The Boys on Amazon. That's some dark ass **** but I really liked it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,167

Post#812 » by RRyder823 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:49 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Just finished The Boys on Amazon. That's some dark ass **** but I really liked it.

Hasnt been discussed enough around here. The Boys was awesome. Probably going to the show that replaces GoT as the the show I just wait all year in anticipation for its next season

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,167

Post#813 » by RRyder823 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:43 pm

After buying Endgame and watching it again I have two brand new hot takes

1: "Avengers Assemble" is the most perfectly timed line in the entire MCU and top 5 in cinema history made even more impressive that they took 22 movies to use it

2: Tony Stark has had more character growth done to him then any other character put on film (granted most characters dont get this many movies)

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#814 » by tyland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:33 am

Just episode 1 of Barry last night. Looks like it is going to be awesome.

Trying to catch up on Euphoria and Succession as well. Do people like the latter?
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#815 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Succession lost me halfway through the first season, but that's also when I hear it got really good. i'll probably go back and give it another shot.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#816 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:20 pm

"The Boys" is pretty much everything that I ever wanted in a super-hero TV series. Just could never get into stuff like Gotham, Marvel Netflix series (outside of The Punisher Season One), or any of the corny DC stuff with bad CGI. Side anecdote, but Dredd was one of the best comic book adaption movies ever and Karl Urban needs to reprise that role in a sequel.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#817 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Two episodes into Wu Assassins. Bad acting, bad scripts, bad special effects, good martial arts action.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#818 » by bizarro » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Ditto in ‘The Boys’. Loved it as an antidote to too much good superhero fluff. Let’s get to the ‘other side’.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#819 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Late to the party but Silicon Valley is a fantastic tv show. Top-notch characters all around.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#820 » by humanrefutation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:21 pm

I went on a Rocky marathon over the last week - Watched Rocky I-V on Netflix, Rocky Balboa on Prime TV, and rented Creed I and II.

I had not seen the latter three, and really enjoyed the Creed storylines. Just a whole different vibe but with some of the same kinds of plot elements. Really good cast, too, with Tessa Thompson, Michael B. Jordan, Phylicia Rashad, and Wood Harris. Sly was good in those movies, too, as was Dolph Lundgren in Creed II.

Ranking the films in order:

1. Rocky 1
2. Creed 1
3. Creed 2
4. Rocky 3
5. Rocky 4
6. Rocky Balboa
7. Rocky 2
8. Rocky 5

Return to Milwaukee Bucks