ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1181 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
The Nets could be better, but not 10 games better, which is what the bet was - that the Nets would be 10 games better than the Celtics. Everything would have to go very right for the Nets, while the Celtics would need to suffer another disastrous campaign to finish 10 games behind them.

Hmm. I’d bet on Cs being 10 games better than the Nets actually. They will be decent but....Nets.

Yah, I’ve comfortably got the Celtics as 5+ games better than the Nets. People are sleeping on how bad that team is going to be defensively.

I’m guessing their starting 5 is:

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Prince
Jordan

4 out of those 5 are terrible defenders and I’m guessing they will be a bottom 3 defense and just hemorrhage points.

it will be

Kyroe
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

same as last year only swapping kyrire for russell
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1182 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:14 am

Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Hmm. I’d bet on Cs being 10 games better than the Nets actually. They will be decent but....Nets.

Yah, I’ve comfortably got the Celtics as 5+ games better than the Nets. People are sleeping on how bad that team is going to be defensively.

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Prince
Jordan

4 out of those 5 are terrible defenders and I’m guessing they will be a bottom 3 defense and just hemorrhage points.

it will be

Kyroe
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

Youre starting that chucker Kurucs again? They guy who forced up 13 shots per 36 minutes as the fifth option? Who cant space the floor one iota? Yikes.

If they were planning on starting Allen, they wouldnt have paid Jordan 40M over 4 years or let him play in his third summer league.

FWIW, I’m totally enjoying Jarret Allen bitching both publicly and privately about his desires to start. Dude is toxic.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1183 » by sam_I_am » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Prince
Jordan

it will be

Kyroe
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

Youre starting that chucker Kurucs again? They guy who forced up 13 shots per 36 minutes as the fifth option? Who cant space the floor one iota? Yikes.

If they were planning on starting Allen, they wouldnt have paid Jordan 40M over 4 years or let him play in his third summer league.

FWIW, I’m totally enjoying Jarret Allen bitching both publicly and privately about his desires to start. Dude is toxic.

I bet they start Kyrie, Lavert, Harris, Jordan and Allen. That way Kyrie doesn’t have to pass as much and can take 35 shots per game with the bigs shutting down paint and getting offensive rebounds on his misses.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1184 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:31 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Kyrie
Levert
Harris
Prince
Jordan

it will be

Kyroe
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

Kurucs was outstanding for us last year. Our winning percentage with him starting was significantly better and he was part of our midseason turn around. He provides end to end uptempo play and is great cutting within atkinsons motion offense. He is a better option then prince. in either even he will start regardless.

Jordan was brough in to replace Ed davis. it has already been confirmed allen will start.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1185 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
it will be

Kyroe
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

Kurucs was outstanding for us last year. Our winning percentage with him starting was significantly better and he was part of our midseason turn around. He provides end to end uptempo play and is great cutting within atkinsons motion offense. He is a better option then prince. in either even he will start regardless.

Jordan was brough in to replace Ed davis. it has already been confirmed allen will start.

Wow, Atkinson gave into a player bitching this much/openly? He mustve already lost the locker room.

And Kurucs sucks and was a negative two-way player last year per RPM—FOH praising that chucker.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1186 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:16 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Wow, Atkinson gave into a player bitching this much/openly? He mustve already lost the locker room.

And Kurucs sucks and was a negative two-way player last year per RPM—FOH praising that chucker.

31.5% 3pt shooter, .8 assists to 1.2 TO a game. Should fit right in.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1187 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

31.5% 3pt shooter, .8 assists to 1.2 TO a game. Should fit right in.

His negative defense makes him an even stronger fit.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1188 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
it will be

Kyroe
Levert
Harris
Kurucs
Allen

Makes me feel even better that Allen will start. That FIBA blue/white game he really showed he's all star ready with 20mins of play, 5 pts, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks on 25% shooting. Really showed his stuff against the dominating big men on the Blue team.....

Too bad it was just being outclassed by the older players. Other young bigs like John Collins couldn't compete against the all world Plumlee.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#1189 » by StojkoVrankovic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Imagine being a Nets fan? Not sure there is anything worse than being irrelevant for your entire existence
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1190 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 pm

I've heard from various totally legit sources that Kyrie and Atkinson did not hit it off, will blow up by March or so.

What a toxic situation.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#1191 » by StojkoVrankovic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 pm

The Comedian wrote:I've heard from various totally legit sources that Kyrie and Atkinson did not hit it off, will blow up by March or so.

What a toxic situation.

Clearly a lie, they have elite chemistry. All time chemistry
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1192 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:06 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

I dont beleive Kurucs had a negative on/off once he became a starter, but i'd have to check the numbers. I wouldnt say he is a chucker, he doesnt take all that many shots... although he is (overly)aggressive. He isnt a great player, he is also a 20 year old rookie... he may be in for a sphmore slump with more attention/time/expectations. He is a better option then prince to start at this point... although that may change as prince did get drafted with a decent ceiling.

I dont know that atkinson caved, given allen is the far superior player to Jordan, who is at best a net nuetral role player at this point. despite his comments, he was always going to be a starter. IF marks believes Allen was "demanding" anything id expect/hope that allen would be waived or traded in short order.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#1193 » by cl2117 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:08 pm

I genuinely feel bad for Prokorov. It's getting weird and downright creepy. GET HELP DUDE. Or friends. Or just anything other than this unhealthy obsession with defending Kyrie Irving and stalking the Celtics.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1194 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:23 pm

StojkoVrankovic wrote:Imagine being a Nets fan? Not sure there is anything worse than being irrelevant for your entire existence

I dont want to picture being that lonely. Worst attendance in the NBA despite playing in NY. Gross.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1195 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:I dont beleive Kurucs had a negative on/off once he became a starter, but i'd have to check the numbers. I wouldnt say he is a chucker, he doesnt take all that many shots... although he is (overly)aggressive. He isnt a great player, he is also a 20 year old rookie... he may be in for a sphmore slump with more attention/time/expectations. He is a better option then prince to start at this point... although that may change as prince did get drafted with a decent ceiling.

I dont know that atkinson caved, given allen is the far superior player to Jordan, who is at best a net nuetral role player at this point. despite his comments, he was always going to be a starter. IF marks believes Allen was "demanding" anything id expect/hope that allen would be waived or traded in short order.

Kurucs had a negative ORPM and a negative DRPM. He put up 13 shots per 36 minutes last year, fifth among players > 1000 minutes. He hit these shots at a below league average clip. Thats not good. Prince is a bad defender, but at least he can stroke the hell out of the ball.

Allen is definitely a better player, but he openly bitched about his desire to start earlier this offseason and Atkinson just admitted he bitched privately as well. Hope you enjoy that future problem.

And I dont believe he was always going to be the starter— you dont pay back-up centers 40M, nor do you allow starters for a playoff team to play in their third summer league.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1196 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 pm

The Comedian wrote:I've heard from various totally legit sources that Kyrie and Atkinson did not hit it off, will blow up by March or so.

What a toxic situation.

I know first hand that Kyrie’s not pleased with Allen starting and will be publicly calling for more veterans to play if they dont start off well.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#1197 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:08 pm

cl2117 wrote:I genuinely feel bad for Prokorov. It's getting weird and downright creepy. GET HELP DUDE. Or friends. Or just anything other than this unhealthy obsession with defending Kyrie Irving and stalking the Celtics.

Could Porkhorov actually be Kyrie? Was it Kyrie defending himself this entire time on our board? I mean it would make a lots of sense when you put it together with Porkhorov's latest thoughts on how great the Nets defense will be and how Kurucs is such an amazing player and defender( :lol: )
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#1198 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:10 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:

What a toxic situation.

I know first hand that Kyrie’s not pleased with Allen starting and will be publicly calling for more veterans to play if they dont start off well.

Is the Kyrie-Atkinson situation for real or you guys trolling that poor soul?

As for the vets I think that's an easy assumption cause Irving was calling for more vets on our team last year despite us having Horford and Morris and Baynes and our chemistry being great with those guys before Irving decided to act like himself ie self-absorbed douche.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#1199 » by canman1971 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 pm

I know it's the down time of the offseason. But why are people still discussing Kyrie in the Celtics' thread?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1200 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:18 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:[

Kurucs had a negative ORPM and a negative DRPM. He put up 13 shots per 36 minutes last year, fifth among players > 1000 minutes. He hit these shots at a below league average clip. Thats not good. Prince is a bad defender, but at least he can stroke the hell out of the ball.

Allen is definitely a better player, but he openly bitched about his desire to start earlier this offseason and Atkinson just admitted he bitched privately as well. Hope you enjoy that future problem.

And I dont believe he was always going to be the starter— you dont pay back-up centers 40M, nor do you allow starters for a playoff team to play in their third summer league.[/quote]

Bench players get paid 10M all the time when they are 6th or 7th in the rotation which jordan will be. half to all of the MLE goes to role players all the time. Jordan was never going to start... although if Allen is a problem he will soon be gone so maybe jordan will start

Return to Boston Celtics